Gunpowder & Cinnamon {Fred We...

By kmbell92

Book 2 Everyone knew the story of the Boy Who Lived. But many weren't familiar with the story of the Girl Who... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Three
Chapter Eighty Four
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
Chapter Eighty Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety One
Chapter Ninety Two
Chapter Ninety Three
Chapter Ninety Four
Chapter Ninety Five
Chapter Ninety Six
Chapter Ninety Seven
Chapter Ninety Eight
Chapter Ninety Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Epilogue
Book Announcement

Chapter Twenty One

60K 3.6K 1.2K
By kmbell92

Fred had always thought of marriage and weddings as good things because he had been surrounded by positive relationships the majority of his life. But Eleanor's reaction to the Marnie and Cedric's letter puzzled him greatly. Once she announced that they were married, she fell silent. She didn't frown but she didn't smile, her face was just blank.

George came upon the two standing there.

"Er...what's going on? You two aren't fighting are you?" he asked fully preparing himself to walk away if they were.

"No, at least, not that I'm aware of." Fred answered. "Ellie got a letter from Cedric and Marnie."

"Oh they're still in France then, how's the trip going?"

"Quite well I'm assuming since they were just married."

George looked over at Ellie. "I can see this going one or two ways. One Ellie is silent because she's trying to hold back her ecstatic happiness or two Ellie is silent because she's trying not to head to France and kill them right now."

Finally, Eleanor spoke.

"Those swine bastards!"

George and Fred looked at each other. "Two." they nodded.

"How..how could they...I...I'm going to kill them!" She said throwing the letter onto the counter. "I have been with them since...since the beginning. Since Marnie told me she fancied him, to when Cedric broke up with Cho. Ugh...just..."

Fred walked over and placed his hands on her shoulders. "It's alright, love."

"No it's not! I would have loved to have been there to see my two best friends get married, but instead I find out through a bloody letter!"

"So you're not upset that they got married before you did?" George asked.

"It's not a competition, George. " Eleanor answered. "I would have just liked to have been there to see them...to share in the happy moment considering Marnie never thought it was going to happen back in school. Then all I get is a letter."

Eleanor was not in the greatest of moods for the rest of the night and it seemed to carry on until morning. Fred and George didn't blame her for being upset, especially knowing how much Eleanor cared about her friends, but it didn't mean they didn't fear her when she was angry. They allowed her to do what she wanted the next day which involved Eleanor knitting down in the shop behind the counter for the majority of the morning.

Verity tried to offer some comforting words, but it was obvious Eleanor was hurt. She didn't understand why she hadn't been invited even if it had been a small ceremony. She wouldn't have cared in the two had been married in a horse's stall as long as she had been there. So many times, Marnie had pestered her about being the maid of her honor since she was her best friend, but couldn't bother to invite Eleanor to her wedding?

Eleanor was even surprised that they had gone and got married so soon, they had been together only a short while and not even engaged. But she sincerely wished she could have been there, they knew if they had asked she would have been there in a heartbeat.

By mid-afternoon, Eleanor left the shop and Fred assumed that she was either going to the Burrow or to her dad's house to either vent or find comfort.

"I hate seeing her like that." Fred confided in his brother as they stood beside each other near the entrance of the shop. "That frown..it's just...heartbreaking really."

"I know." George said. "I tried to cheer her up with the little Umbridge on a Unicycle toy, but she didn't even crack a grin. She always laughs at that thing."

"I think Cedric and Marnie hurt her feelings without even realizing. She's happy for them I know that, but she's not happy that she wasn't there for them."

"Well, if she's still upset with Marnie...I shall gladly take over as maid of honor."

Fred snorted while Verity who overheard them bursted into a series of giggles.

"What's so bloody funny? I would look damn good in a dress and you two know that." George chuckled.

"You'd be the ugliest maid of honor-" Fred said before George tried to attack him.

Verity watched the two professionals in amusement as the raced around the shop, Fred taunting George all the way.

Nixie sat a cup of tea down before Eleanor who glanced down at it while Sirius made a playful gagging noise after sipping his.

"I swear, I can brew some tea even if I can't cook." Nixie reassured her. "I'm not that terrible!"

"Sorry." Eleanor took a quick sip and it turned out to be a decent cup of tea.

Sirius laughed as he sat down with his cup. "I only tease her because it get's her upset."

Nixie rolled her eyes. "Hasn't changed one bit over the years...." she shook her head at him. "Anyways, I know you're still upset Ellie so..after tea Sirius and I are going to distract you completely."

"How?" Eleanor asked raising a brow.

"We're going to get started on your lessons." Sirius smirked.

"Really?!"

"Yes but before you get too excited, I will warn you, it won't be easy. It'll be a long enduring process..." Sirius said in a dramatic tone.

Nixie looked at him before turning to Eleanor.

"It won't take you nearly as long as it took him. Half the time, he and James were questioning everything I was saying so the process took much longer. You on the other hand are a good listener so I wouldn't be surprise if you get it in half the time that it took them."

"Great!" Eleanor smiled for the first time that day. "Now, just one thing..we're not going to mention any of this to my dad...right? I have a feeling he wouldn't agree with it."

"Don't worry Ellie, your secret is safe with us." Sirius said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 128 13
She was either wildly naïve or dangerously intelligent... Friends to lovers Book Fred Weasley X OC Fem Book #2 in Insomnia series
1.7M 148K 91
*Warning: If you haven't read the books of the Tightly Knit series, do not read this! Read those first!* Behind every kiss lies a story. In the case...
102K 3.1K 47
Two broken souls find themselves forced to Christmas dinner at the Burrow. Aurora Sinclair lost everything after the Battle of Hogwarts. Her brother...
132K 2.7K 105
Your parents were killed when you were only 3 years old but still no one has told you how or why. Your mother and Molly Weasley were best friends sin...