Chapter Forty

Remus stood on the sidewalk before stopping in front of Eleanor causing her to stop as well.

"What do you mean you don't want me hurting anymore?" he asked.

"Never mind." Eleanor said. "It didn't mean anything. I was trying to just have the last word is all."

"Ellie, I don't believe that. You know, I don't believe that- does this have something to do with...my lycanthropy?"

Eleanor looked away from him. "No."

"You're lying to me."

"Will you just let it go, Dad? I thought you wanted to spend some quality time together that didn't involve interrogating."

"I don't want you doing anything that involves what happens to me once a month. Do you understand? It's dangerous!"

Eleanor didn't answer him. "Ellie, do you understand?You need to stop whatever it is that you are up to along with Fred, George, Sirius and Nixie!"

"I won't." Eleanor said calmly.

"Yes, you will-"

"No, I won't. I won't because you can't tell me what to do anymore. As hard as it might be to believe in a lot of instances, I am an adult and I have say over what I do. So I'm going to continue to do what I want to do."

"You're going to wind up doing something that you'll regret!"

She shook her head. "I don't and won't regret a minute of it."

"So how did Father and Daughter day go?" Fred asked when Eleanor returned. "I figured you'd be out later."

Eleanor did not looked please as she found him, George and Judith in the living room.

"It was good at first and then it went bad. Real bad."

"What happened?" George asked.

"My dad keeps growing more and more suspicious of what we're doing with Nixie and Sirius, and he told me to stop. I told him I wouldn't and he said if I wasn't going to listen then he was going to tell Nixie and Sirius to stop helping me with whatever we're up to."

"Pfft, like that's going to happen." Fred said. "I know they're best friends and all, but Sirius and Nixie aren't ones to take orders."

"That's what I'm hoping for. But he's completely upset. So I just told him that the father and daughter bonding session was over." Eleanor said before sitting down next to Fred.

"It sounds like he's just concern over whether you'll be hurt in the process, even if he doesn't know what's going on." Judith said. "He is a father after all, isn't that what parents do best? Worry over their young?"

"The point is, he's trying to stop us without knowing what we're doing." Eleanor told her.

"Well, if he knew what you three were up to, do you think he would agree with it?"

Eleanor shook her head. "No...he never would. He would think it's too dangerous. But apparently everything is too dangerous for me in his case."

She let out a frustrated sigh before sitting back.

"So this would probably be not the best time then to tell you something..." Fred said.

'No please, I welcome any conversation that doesn't have to do with animagi, werewolves and knitting right now."

"Good!" Fred clapped his hands together. "Because Mum wants to go dress shopping with you when you have the available time."

"Dress shopping?" Eleanor's eyes widened. "But I haven't even chosen a day yet...we haven't chosen a day yet."

"Love, I told you, the date is entirely up to you. I wouldn't even care if we got married today. We could do it like Marnie and Cedric did."

"Yes and have everyone hate us? I don't think so." Eleanor chuckled. "Besides I want everyone to be there. I just don't know about the date."

"Why don't you two write down some dates of a calendar, put in a hat and draw a date?" George suggested.

"George, that's rid-" Judith began to say but was drowned out by Fred and Eleanor agreeing.

"We can both choose one and maybe if one date sounds better, we can go with that!" Eleanor said excitedly. "Good thinking George."

George grinned at Judith. "See that? They like the idea."

Judith made a face before smiling. "Fine, then let's get started by writing out some dates."

By the end of writing all the possible dates that didn't run too late into the next year, Eleanor and Fred were presented the hat in which they would each draw a piece of paper from. Fred picked his first and then Eleanor.

"What did you get?" Eleanor asked him after looking down at her own paper.

"Who wrote down the twenty ninth of February, there's not a leap year next year?!" Fred said but George gave himself away as he began laughing. "You git!"

Fred bunched up the paper and threw it at George.

"I couldn't resist, I'm sorry. There also might be a thirty second of March written in there as well." George said.

Eleanor smiled. "I actually quite like the date I chose."

"What is it?" Fred asked.

"The thirty first of December."

Nixie and Sirius were listening to Harry discuss his day working alongside Kingsley when there was a knock at the door.

"I wonder who that could be?" Sirius said.

"Shh...let's pretend we're not home." Nixie said from where she was lying on the sofa.

Harry chuckled as he stood up and walked over to the door.

"It's Remus." Harry told them. "And he doesn't look very happy."

Sirius and Nixie exchanged glances. "Yeah, we're not home." Sirius said.