Chapter Seventy One

Eleanor bit the nail of her thumb nervously as Molly pulled the dress out, only three days to the actual wedding. She sat on the sofa inside the Burrow as Molly requested her to come over to try it on just to make sure everything was okay. Fleur and Molly gushed over the dress while Tonks and Nixie watched with bewildered expressions.

"I was fine getting married in a simple dress." Tonks admitted to Nixie.

"Everyone was lucky I showed up dressed when Sirius and I got married."

Eleanor turned to her, giggling. "What?"

"Well, it was a morning wedding, anyone who knows me well enough knows I don't do mornings."

"So why did you guys get married in the morning?" Eleanor asked her.

"Because Sirius liked the idea of getting married in the morning. He wanted to get married just as the sun was coming up over the horizon. He liked the way the sky looked when the sun first peeks up in the morning."

"Awww, that's so sweet." Eleanor smiled dropping her hands in her lap, no longer wanting to bite her nails.

"It was sweet...in theory." Nixie said before laughing. "But the whole ceremony was just...incredibly funny."

'What happened?"

"Well, when the sun comes up, the birds are up and since we were outside, all the birds did was chirp throughout the vow ceremony. The silencing charm became our friend that morning. Then there was so much morning dew on the grass that it became incredibly slippery. James fell and then Sirius fell.. I almost fell, if it hadn't been for Marlene catching me last minute. Strong little thing she was."

Eleanor and Tonks listened as Nixie's voice trailed off at the mention of her late-friends. Eleanor frowned as she looked to her step-mother, unsure of what to say to Nixie. Before either one of them could say anything, Nixie briefly shook her head and looked forward.

"But you won't have to worry about any of that." Nixie grinned at her. "You and Fred are getting married in the afternoon, in the winter. So you won't have to worry about morning dew and the birds so much. Although, we definitely might want to keep a look out for ice patches. We wouldn't want you to fall in that dress right there, I'm pretty sure Molly and Fleur would have simultaneous heart attacks."

"I'm considering just letting one of them wear the dress to the wedding, since they like it so much." Eleanor joked but in reality she was half serious. "Actually, I know this is going to sound weird but all this dress talk is just making me hungry right now."

"Oooh food sounds really good." Tonks said.

"Rather than talking about it, why don't we just go and get some food?" Nixie suggested.

"But what about them?" Eleanor pointed in the direction of her future in-laws.

"I don't think they would even notice if we were gone." Nixie said.

"So...we're doing this right...don't mess around with my feeding emotions." Tonks said. "Are we going?"

"I'm in." Eleanor said quickly.

"Me too." Nixie replied.

The three women stood up quietly from their seats and snuck out of the Burrow undetected.

Remus was spending time with the soon-to-be-groom Fred, George, Sirius,his father, Ron and Harry in his household as he was left with Teddy for the day. Teddy seemed to enjoy the company of the men as he demanded to be passed around so he could play amongst them. However, as soon as he got to Sirius the drooling commenced.

"Oh that's lovely, thank you so much for that." Sirius grimaced looking down at his shirt.

"Eleanor says that's how Teddy claims he likes you." Fred teased him.

"Ah well...Teddy I like you very much as well," Sirius began, " but only as a friend. You see...I'm a married man and the age gap between us would never work out. I'm sorry."

Teddy let out a shrill laugh before placing his mouth back on Sirius' shoulder. Sirius turned to Remus.

"I tried to let him down gently."

"You have a really warped sense of humor, always have." Remus said shaking his head at the man. Sirius grinned as he held onto Teddy before looking to Fred.

"So Fred, plan on having any children with Eleanor soon after the wedding?"

The room fell silent much to Sirius' pleasure, as Fred went wide eyed with Remus glaring at Sirius. Sirius held up Teddy as a shield from the man's wrath.

"Teddy is the one who wanted to know."

Suddenly, all eyes were on Fred placing him on the spot. The young man awkwardly cleared his throat before looking at George who grinned at him.

"Well," he said, " we haven't really discussed the idea of having children. I mean, outside of a joking manner."

"Oh stop giving him a hard time," Lyall said. "If they want to start having kids they're in their right to do so."

The older man sat up straighter after sitting slouched in the arm chair.

"I wouldn't mind meeting some great-grandchildren before I become senile."

"Before?" Sirius teased him.

"Can we please just get through the wedding first before the discussion of children come up?" Remus said rubbing his face.

"I agree." Fred said.

"Ah I can just picture little Lupin/Weasleys running around pulling pranks or knitting in the corner." Lyall laughed causing Remus and Fred to go red in the face.

"And little Teddy will be an uncle! How does that sound Ted?" Sirius asked the baby. Teddy clapped his hands together once in an excited jolt.