Chapter Twenty Four

Eleanor cursed and growled as her finger was cut on a piece of paper in the shop one morning. George gasped loudly behind her.

"Language."

She turned around to give him a dirty look but as soon as George saw all the blood, he grimaced.

"Oooh okay, the language was appropriate. How does one manage to slice their finger off with a piece of paper?"

"Very carefully. I left my wand with my knitting stuff upstairs, do you have yours on you?" she asked gripping onto her finger.

"I do not. I also left mine upstairs."

Eleanor shook her head. "I swear, the three of us are going to go down as the worse wizards and witch of all times. We're horrible when it comes to magic....we never have our wands on us."

George shrugged. "We couldn't go down as the worse wizards and witch. I mean, we've never used our wands to be naughty."

The two stared at each other before cracking into grins,and then snickering childishly.

Eleanor grabbed a rag and wrapped her finger to avoid getting blood on anything. "Anora would be proud to hear that one."

George grinned. "So..."

She glanced over at him. "What?"

"Fred told me what you're planning on doing for your dad." he said.

'Oh...what about it?"

"Nothing, just thought it was cool. I always wondered what I would be....if Fred and I would be the same animal."

"I don't think you two would be the same animals to be honest."

George sat down on the counter. "Go on.'

"You two may look alike and you might have a strong connection as twins, but you two are totally different."

"You know that brings up a question that I've always wondered since we first spoke back and school."

"And what's that?"

"How could you tell Fred and I apart? I mean, our mother still can't. Our family still mixes us up. So how can you do it?"

Eleanor smiled to herself. "Well, I'm not going to just tell you how..but I'll give you a hint. There are very subtle differences between you two that most people probably wouldn't pick up on."

"Like what? Just give me one example." George said.

"Your eyes, that's a big one. You and Fred have very different eyes."

"No we don't, they're the same colour and everything."

"I wasn't talking about color, you git. You're just going to have to take my word for it." Eleanor said before heading upstairs to heal her finger.

As soon as she walked into the flat, Fred walked out of the bedroom, fully dressed and saw the bloody rag.

'I leave you alone for ten minutes and this is what happens." Fred chuckled.

"It's not as bad as it looks, it's just a nasty papercut."

"All that blood from a paper cut? Sure you weren't sword fighting?"

"Oh you caught me. I've been practicing my sword skills in the shop every morning."

"I knew it!"

She rolled her eyes with a grin as Fred took her hand and removed the rag.

"Wow, that actually really is a nasty paper cut."