Darker Blood

Par ImogenScott5

Highest rating (06/01/2016) - #920 in FanFiction Massive thankyou to Radiant3 for this cover, I could never h... Plus

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
My message to u
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
My message to u part 2
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
My message to u part 3
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
My message to u part 4
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
My message to u part 5
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
My message to u part 6
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
My message to u part 7
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
A message to you all
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
My message to you part 8
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
My message to u part 9
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
My message to u part 10
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three
Chapter sixty-four
Chapter sixty-five
Chapter sixty-six
Chapter sixty-seven
My message to u part 11
Chapter sixty-eight
Chapter sixty-nine
Chapter seventy
Chapter seventy-one
Chapter seventy-two
Chapter seventy-three
Chapter seventy-four
Chapter seventy-five
Chapter seventy-six
My message to u part 12

Chapter fifty-six

2K 93 27
Par ImogenScott5

Inori pov~

Heartache and torment never properly heal.

They killed my sister. They destroyed her, and it didn't matter if I was right there, they still did it and she was gone.

I've never felt this truly alone ever before.

"Come on, get up."

Fuck me.

"You're absolutely fine, just get up."

No I am not 'absolutely fine'. My body is on fire and the air is smothering me, rubbing salt into every wound.

I groaned feebly, and the person shook me again. "Inori, please."

His voice cracked and his hand stilled for a second. "Please, I need your help."

"Don't touch me..," I muttered, trying to squeeze my fingers, hoping that would lessen the pain. My entire right hand felt weird; it hurt but at the same time it felt numb, and my wrist seared as if it was broken.

I looked up at Taehyung, the white-haired boy that had shaken me awake.

Then the anger burned for real in my blood.

"How dare you!" I glared up at the confused boy, and he merely frowned as I scrunched every bit of skin on his arm I could get to. "Where is my sister!?"

He stared at me level headed, clearly unbothered by any damage I was inflicting on him. "She was going to kill you, Inori. And all of us."

"That doesn't mean you can kill her." I sobbed, giving up on attacking him.

"She was never a real sister to you. She healed the enemy."

"Why do you always ignore everything good she's done, and focus on the bad? She healed me, and Jungkook, after those fuckers tried to kill us!"

"But yet, she never tried to find you." He spoke quietly, not having blinked once. "Yes, she helped you that day. But she was a full and independent demon long before that, and she never did anything to find you. She could have saved your friend Daria, but it was her that plunged her life out completely and dumped her body in the woods."

My entire mind froze. Umai killed Daria?

"How long have you known that?"

He sighed, standing up to lean against the wall, the white of his hair ever so slowly turning a darker colour. "Ever since your sister came here. No one told you because we knew how much it meant to you, not being alone. We only slayed her to keep you safe."

My throat constricted. "Why me? Why all this for me?"

"You're bonded to Jungkook. He wants to marry you."

He offered his hand out, and I accepted it, letting him pull me up, my body rigid. He pulled me in for an awkward hug, and I appreciated the gesture, I was just too shocked to do anything.

"Inori, they're hurt. I need you to help me move them and dress their burns."

Panic rose in my gut. "Are they going to die?"

Taehyung shook his head, pushing himself off the wall before stumbling towards where they lay in the centre of the blackened room, the horrible smell of burnt flesh filling the air. I stumbled after him, looking down at the barely recognisable bodies on the ground.

Jimin's hair had been nearly scorched off, and through all the burns on his scalp, a large patch of it was quickly regrowing. Every inch of skin from his stomach up had been burnt, different shades of red and yellow, and I almost gagged at the sight.

And then there was Jungkook.

I could hardly recognise what was left of my lover on the floor. His every facial feature was burned, and his chest was so damaged, the centre between his two ribcages had been torn open, exposing more burnt flesh, his charred lungs struggling to bring in air. My eyes followed his mutilated outstretched right arm, all the way down to the sharp blade just out of the grasp of his... hand?

I screamed in realisation at what I saw. "Where's his hand?"

Taehyung slowly bent down to pick up the blade among a pile of ashes that Jungkook had used to kill my sister.

"It's alright, his hand will grow back."

I stared at my own right hand in shock. It was there, it was slightly bruised, but it wasn't burnt off. But my hand still felt like it had been sizzled to dust like his was.

~~~

There was still no sign of Jin or Hoseok. I understand that Jin had to go on some momentary voyage, but Hoseok? He was different, and I can't imagine he would agree to go without some alternate motive.

But what could they possibly want? Umai was nothing but ashes now.

I fidgeted in my seat, picking at a small scab on my cheek. I heal like I'm completely human now, and after the explosion, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin seem incredibly human too. I know that they're weak to fire, but that doesn't stop it being any less strange or painful to see them in pain, their skin trying so desperately to glaze over.

We are all lucky to be alive. Especially Jungkook.

I was far away enough from the blast to be hardly damaged, save for a few scrapes and minor burns. And Taehyung is immune to fire, to a certain extent.

The irritating alarm on my phone went off, and I turned it off as fast as I could. It was time to change the dressings on Jungkook, but he still hasn't woken up yet.

I walked briskly into his room, chewing on a tiny bit of loose skin on the inside of my cheek to keep quiet. He was sprawled out in the exact same position as we'd put him in when Taehyung and I carried him into his room.

That was two days ago.

I snuck up to the side of the bed, gently lifting the covers off him. It didn't take long for his chest to reseal, the tissue connected back together minutes after I'd first seen him. But the burns weren't healing at all. There was nothing that could be done for his hand. It was almost hypnotic, watching transparent whisps of skin and veins and muscle spin gracefully in the air in the exact space his right hand should be, weaving itself together extremely slowly and in the most graceful manner I'd ever seen. It was easy to forget how much that must hurt when you're watching it heal.

With gentle fingers, I pried off the plaster covering the burns of his chest, inspecting the skin underneath. It wasn't rotten, but it wasn't healed either.

I sighed, tossing the disgusting bandage into the trash, before dabbing small dots of cream into the worst sections of the burns, lightly using my fingers to spread it around.

He groaned but I continued, refusing to break down during such a simple task. He needs me to do this.

I applied a massive new patch of plaster, patting down the edges to make sure it wouldn't slip off somehow.  When I raised my gaze to his face still scarred with burns, I gasped.

"You're awake!" I squeaked.

"You're alive," he whispered, voice so quiet I could barely hear him.

My eyes welled up with tears without any reason to. I was overwhelmed, and I wanted to kiss him.

"Please," he begged, voice straining as he tried to sit upright. "Please don't leave me."

I shook my head, trying to banish my tears. "Never."

I raced to his left side, sitting on the bed as gently as I could, while he smiled the weakest smile I had ever seen.

That's when I noticed something.

"What's this?" I mumbled, tracing a single finger against the thick line of scarred tissue from the top of his left shoulder down his side, stopping just short of his hipbone.

He breathed inwards sharply, eyes watery with pain. "I had to use dark incantations to get you out from under that ice. Things like that, they always leave a mark."

I pulled my hand away, scared of causing him more pain. "But you're not human, right? It'll heal eventually."

He shook his head slowly, giving up on sitting upright as his body flopped into the bed. "I'll have it forever."

Holy shit.

My heart swelled, and I hated myself for ever doubting him. He deliberately disfigured his beautiful body to protect me without a single second thought.

"Don't worry about it, I was never going to become a model. I'm dead remember?" A light smirk played at his lips, and I couldn't help but let out a quiet giggle as his eyes wafted close.

I nestled on the bed beside him, and he lightly wrapped an arm around me to keep me close to his freezing beating heart. The pangs of loneliness dulled, and an indescribable warmth spread through my body. I could feel his love for me, as if it was a living thing, and it was one of the best feelings in the world.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

10.4K 246 24
RED jeon jungkook lowercase intended bxsjjk__ All Rights Reserved Prologue: his eyes were red. they were hunger filled and thirsty for what laid...
495 45 25
When I opened my eyes, blurry tears fell as I closed them again, feeling extremely nauseous. I turned and found the first soft thing and shoved my he...
7K 495 10
- Sequel of Mafia's cruel love - NOTE: This Book can be read without reading the first one but still if you don't want to be confused at some point...
6.3K 264 13
⚠Warning⚠ *Dark romance* Her hit the wall when he forcefully pushed her hard and digged his nails against her soft skin making she hissed in pain whi...