Supernatural Boarding School...

By Mokita

Story = completed ✅ The life of a teenager is never easy. Especially when you are the only existing female va... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Short Stories
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Be prepared...
Chapter 93
PUBLISHED

Chapter 41

45.4K 970 72
By Mokita

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

Simon gasped and looked at me with wide eyes. “Oh, God, I'm sorry. You feel lightheaded already?” He took a deep breath and shook his head. “Of course you are, I can feel it now. Crap. I’ll make sure to only use my own strength from now on.”

“It’s fine,” I assured him. I tried to smile, but it was too much effort. Simon got up and reached out to me, but I shook my head. “Don’t waste your efforts on me,” I told him. “Use your strength for Sheila.”

He hesitated for a moment and then called in Eros. I protested, but Simon cut me off. “You need him. He can’t help you the way I can, but you’re right, I need to help Sheila. But Eros and you are both vampires and it is proven that vampires are stronger together. Maybe you could even see it, see the darkness around vampires merge or something?”

I shook my head. “Never noticed it.”

“Well, I don’t know why or how, but maybe Eros can help you. He could at least try to.”

“You called?” Eros asked, stepping into the bedroom and closing the door behind him. “Dem, what’s wrong with you?” He leaned down and looked into my eyes. “Simon, she looks weak – what happened to her?”

“I needed her strength to make sure Sheila stabilizes,” Simon explained, not admitting he hadn’t meant to use me at all. Eros didn’t need to know everything.

“And how do you do that?” Eros asked skeptically.

Simon shrugged. “It’s a fairy thing.” I could tell he was lying, but I wasn’t sure if that was because he was a bad liar or because I could tell what he was feeling.

“What do you need me for?” Eros asked Simon. “To suck me dry as well?”

“No,” Simon said, irritated. “Although you do deserve it. I need you to try to strengthen Demona somehow. I am going to need her again, but I can’t have her fainting on me.” He smiled reassuringly at me. “I’ll make sure you won’t be in any danger, but I can’t do all of this on my own.”

“It’s fine,” I told him weakly. “The book…” Crap, I couldn’t even lift my arm high enough to hand Simon the heavy book I’d been carrying.

Eros took it from me and gave it to Simon. “Of course I will try to help her, but how exactly do I do that?”

“You’re a senior,” Simon replied as if that explained everything. He opened the book and ruffled through the dusty, yellowing pages. “I read somewhere vampires are strongest when together, because they are highly sensitive to the energy flow of other vampires. I am sure you learned that in class sometime. Just try to connect your energy fields.”

“I’ve never heard about any of that stuff and I have no idea how to do it,” Eros objected, sighing deeply. He sat down next to me anyway and put an arm around me. “I guess contact would be the first step…”

“You just figure it out, I need silence to concentrate and find out what I need to do to fix the girl you abducted,” Simon spat at Eros. “You got all of us into this mess, the least you can do is to get Demona back to her normal self.”

I felt so weak, Simon’s voice sounded very far away. He looked at me worriedly, but there was nothing he could do for me. I could feel he had to keep himself from channeling some of his own powers into me. He needed his strength. And he needed me; so I concentrated on Eros. Although I was too weak to move or talk much, I could feel everything around me. I could feel Simon’s energy surging around him while he leafed through the book and muttered some stuff while touching Sheila lightly. I could feel the barely existing strength of Sheila and her all-consuming wish to be me.

I could also feel Eros’ dark energy, the edges of the darkness around him shimmering. Hesitantly, I leaned into his embrace, trying to ignore the feelings of disgust I felt when he touched me. I needed to embrace his energy, his strength. I couldn’t be picky and demand someone who wasn’t as twisted as Eros to lend me strength. He was all I had right now.

“Hey, I feel something,” Eros whispered in my ear, trying not to disturb Simon. “I feel a warmth spreading through me…”

“Energy…” I whispered. I wanted to explain to him that when you channeled energy into someone else, it felt like warmth spreading through you and then passing to the other person, but it was too much. I needed to spare every bit of energy I had left, and it sure wasn’t much.

“The warmth is leaving me…” Eros breathed. “I can feel it…”

I closed my eyes and concentrated on the slightly warm feeling I could feel brushing against my arm. Well, not my actual arm. More like a glowing feeling in the general area of my arm. I guessed Eros’ aura was touching mine there and the energy he was trying to send me was seeping into my aura at that point.

Suddenly, the warmth flared. I embraced it with all my might and let it all burn through me. With every second the warmth engulfed me, I felt myself grow stronger. After a minute, Eros gasped, his eyes searching for mine. The moment our eyes locked, warmth and energy wasn’t the only thing I was feeling anymore. I could feel much more than that. I felt anger, guilt, embarrassment, worry, disgust and wonder all at once. It wasn’t me, it wasn’t my own body that was feeling these strong emotions. When Eros’ pupils widened and his breath caught, I understood it was him. Somehow, the flow of energy between us had opened a way straight into Eros’ emotional field or something, allowing me to sense everything he was feeling like I was able to do with Simon all of the time.

“Shit!” Suddenly, Eros and I were pulled apart, the connection breaking. I felt like my aura was shattering into a million pieces. My heart ached, but I felt way stronger than I had before. I got up and looked down at Eros, who was lying on the ground. Simon had pulled him away from me and he was now tugging him toward the bed of Eros’ roommate. “Help me lift him,” Simon told me, taking his feet in his hands.

I moved toward them and together we put Eros on the bed. His eyes were closed and he was breathing heavily. I looked at Simon, my eyes wide. “What did I do to him?”

“You took a bit much, like I did with you,” he replied softly. “I didn’t think that would happen, as it was probably hard enough to let your energy fields connect at all… I mean, it’s not like what we have… I guess I was wrong…”

“It was quite easy to connect,” I countered, wondering what the hell had happened the other minute. “I could feel his emotions at the end…”

“Well, crap, that wasn’t what was supposed to happen.” Simon wiped his forehead, since he was sweating heavily. “I need to look into all of this before I make you ever do such a thing ever again.”

“Let’s just hope it won’t be necessary.” I looked down at Eros and wished fervently he would be all right. Yes, he had done something horrible to Sheila, but I didn’t know if we could blame all of this mess on him. He had way too much power for a guy that wasn’t even a full vampire yet. He was wild and daring – he couldn’t deal with the responsibility that came with power. All Eros wanted was to enjoy all of it and not deal with the consequences. I understood that, I would want that too. I don’t think I would go around doing things to people like Eros had been doing for quite some time now, but I wasn’t sure if I would handle all of this much different from the way he did.

“He’ll be okay,” Simon assured me, bending over Eros and touching his chest lightly. “There is no abnormal wishing as far as I can tell, which is good… Can you see his aura?”

I focused on the darkness around Eros. It wasn’t as strong as it normally was, but strong enough. It was getting more pronounced with every moment I looked at it. “It’s fine,” I assured both Simon and myself. “Thank God for that.”

“Good. Are you feeling normal again?” Simon reached for me so the connection between us was strongest. “Ah, good,” he said, not needing my answer to know I was up to full power again. “I need your help.”

He opened the book and pointed at a picture of a girl with beautiful blonde hair lying on a bed covered with rose petals. “Sleeping beauty,” he said with a little smile. “According to this book, there is some truth to the fairytale. Sleeping beauty was a human who was compelled a bit too often by a vampire that wanted her to turn against her parents, the King and Queen of some ancient land. The fairies that had granted the wishes of the king and queen when the girl was born, were able to get her out of her compulsion-induced coma by channeling their power into her. That’s what I did so far. I also said a few minor incantations. It would be better if a witch could do it, but we don’t have the luxury of asking an actual witch. Fairies are supposed to be the closest kin to witches there is, so I guess it will do…” Simon ruffled his hair nervously. “The book says that to undo a compulsion-induced coma, there need to be at least two fairies. Well, we don’t have two fairies, so I am going to use you as the second fairy.”

I laughed nervously. “Because vampires are kin to fairies?”

“No… because the only reason two fairies are needed is because the energy of one isn’t enough. I am a fairy, and I can borrow your strength, so we’ll have the energy of two supernaturals… I think that would suffice, don’t you?”

“You’re the expert here,” I replied, amazed at how well Simon was taking all of this. Eros would have been lost if it hadn’t been for him. “But it all sounds pretty logical to me.”

“Good. So, I need to reverse Sheila’s wish… The book doesn’t say that, but I know it is possible to reverse wishes. Well, full fairies can do it. It’s what they do when they can’t grant a wish and the person wishing it can’t seem to live without having his wish come true. If the wish is reversed, it disappears and the person can regain happiness.” Simon took a deep breath and looked at me with eyes full of despair. “But I am hardly a full fairy and not strong or talented, or… well, anything. And if there is something about male fairies that makes any of this impossible, then I am screwed. There is nothing on male fairies in any of my books, as I am the only existing example of a male fairy…”

“You’re amazing,” I assured Simon, taking his hands in mine. “Don’t worry so much. You figured all of this out on your own. You managed to get Sheila steady and you did incantations for crying out loud. I am sure you can reverse a wish, even if you aren’t a full fairy yet. I will help you. Tell me what to do.”

Simon smiled at me, his lips twitching from the nerves that were trying to overtake him. His jaw was set though, he was determined to bring this to a good end. I was glad he was so strong – I don’t think I could ever do anything like what he was doing right now.

“You need to hold my hand and slowly let your energy seep into my aura,” he instructed, pronouncing every word carefully as if he was afraid that a wrong explanation of my role in all of this would make everything go wrong. “It is important you do it slowly, or I will lose my concentration. As soon as you feel like you might faint, you let go of me and lie down. Understood?”

I nodded, not daring to say anything. Simon was already in full-concentration mode, his eyes on Sheila’s still figure.

“Here goes nothing…” he muttered before taking my hand and closing his eyes.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt completely relaxed. I turned over, my eyes still closed, and felt a warm body lying next to mine. I smiled drowsily when I realized it was Simon. I could feel his hand touching my head, stroking my messy hair.

“Good morning, sleeping beauty,” he said the moment I opened my eyes.

“Morning,” I replied, grinning at his cheesy comment. “Slept well?”

“Wonderful. I feel completely revived.” He smiled widely, his eyes gleaming. I could tell he was still relieved everything had gone so well yesterday; he wasn’t the only one. I hadn’t expected it all to go as well as it had turned out.

“You want to shower first?” I asked him, stretching and yawning.

“You’re planning on taking a shower here?” Simon asked, surprised. “You don’t want to go to your own dorm for that?”

“Well, Guido won’t mind, will he?” I asked, pushing myself slightly up to see Guido’s bed was already empty. Well, no surprise there – it was eleven o’clock already. Thank God it was Saturday. “If you’re okay with it, I’ll just shower here, help myself to your shampoo and towels… Maybe I could borrow a sweater or something?”

“Sure.” He got out of bed and smiled down on me. “It’s pretty weird to have a girl in my bed.”

“It’s not,” I replied, smiling up at him. “What’s weird is that you had a girl in your bed all night and all you did was sleep.”

Simon flushed red, making me wish I hadn’t said that. There hadn’t been any sexual tension between us when we had decided to sleep in the same bed. After everything that had happened last night, we hadn’t wanted to be alone. Besides, I had been too weak to even make it to my own dorm. We’d undressed with our backs to each other and I’d nicked one of Simon’s old shirts to sleep in. He’d put on some shorts and we’d crawled into bed together. Guido had come in after we’d fallen asleep and he was gone now, so I had no idea what his reaction was to a girl in his roommate's bed.

“Go shower,” I told Simon. “I’ll go and watch some TV.”

“You don’t mind facing the guys on your own?” he asked, eyebrows raised.

I laughed. “After last night, it would be pretty silly to be afraid of Antwan and Will.” The fact that I said that after experiencing what one person could cause, proved I was stupid.

He grinned, got his clothes out of his closet and rushed into the bathroom. I got up, stretched and dug up a pair of Simon’s sweatpants. Dressed in his clothes and with my hair in a messy bun I entered the living room.

“Look who’s here…” Antwan mused when I flopped down on the couch next to him and grabbed the remote. “Slept well?”

“Wonderful,” I affirmed, settling for MTV Cribs. “You too?”

“Demona, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but we are wondering what you were doing in Simon’s bed.” Antwan commented lightly, pretending that he wasn’t asking about anything sexual or personal. “I believe it when you say last time was merely because you fainted, but this is getting a bit weird.”

I looked at him with a frown. “Why? I had sleepovers with my friends back at home all the time. Nothing weird about it.”

“Yeah, but sleeping with girls in one bed isn’t the same as sleeping with Simon…” Antwan said, looking at Will for support.

“My old friends were mostly guys,” I explained, grinning. “Why do you think I own so many men’s clothing and play Guitar Hero so freaking well?”

“We’re worried you are giving Simon the wrong idea,” Will spat out all of a sudden, obviously deciding his friend’s nonchalance wasn’t getting them anywhere.

I was surprised – should I have seen this coming? It was endearing, really. Simon’s roommates worrying about me leading on their friend. But why did they think I was leading him on, and what the hell did they mean by giving Simon the wrong idea?

“We’re not accusing you or anything,” Antwan nuanced quickly.

“Yeah, we are,” Will disagreed. “Look, Demona, Simon obviously likes you. So it would be best if you could just stop sleeping in his bed and spending all your free time with him if you think of him as just another friend.”

I looked from one to the other, my eyes wide. What the hell? “He’s my best friend,” I told them, my voice soft. “He’s my very best friend. I don’t know who the hell the two of you think you are, but you never really took the effort to get to know him before I showed up and got him out of his shell. You didn’t try, you just let him retreat into his dark thoughts. Then I showed up and I made him happy. Don’t you dare tell me to take a step back. And what gives you the idea he is into me, huh? Did he tell you, does he trust you that much?” When they didn’t answer, I snorted. “That’s what I thought.”

“We’re just worried,” Will said, holding his hands up in a defensive position. “We think he’s into you, and we don’t know how you feel about him. We just want you to know we would appreciate it if you wouldn’t crush him.”

“I won’t,” I replied fervently, getting up. “And for your information, even I don’t know how I feel about him. I just know that he is my very best friend and if you think I’d do anything to hurt him, then you obviously don’t know me very well.”

I ignored their apologetic words and stalked into Simon’s bedroom, sitting down on his bed. Instead of thinking about what Will and Antwan had said to me, I decided to go over last night instead. Not happy-thoughts material, but better than mauling over what my feelings for Simon were. I had meant what I’d said: I didn’t know.

Last night had been very disturbing, but it had also made me realize Simon was much more powerful than he gave himself credit for. And much smarter. Who would have thought of me acting as the second fairy? Well, I hadn’t done so bad myself either, last night. I’d done exactly what Simon had said – I had channeled my energy to him slowly, so that he could concentrate on whatever it is that you do when you reverse a wish.

After a few long moments, I could feel myself slipping away, I could feel my last glowing pieces of energy leaving my body. I could feel Simon’s energy flow was still going to Sheila, but it was slowly getting weaker too. Crap – he needed more, but I couldn’t give it to him. I looked at Sheila then. Her aura was slowly getting back to normal… No, I couldn’t take energy from the person Simon was giving energy to! That was nonsense. But it did give me an idea.

I turned to Eros, who was still lying on the bed, sleeping. I reached over to take his hand. His energy flow was steady and strong – he could give me some without suffering any long-term damage. I took his hand in my free one and concentrated on his aura. When the first hints of warmth bumped against my aura, Eros’ eyes shot open. He immediately tried to pull back his hand, fighting the persistent pressure I was applying on him to give me energy. But then, our eyes locked and he realized it was me. He relaxed on the bed, lay down carefully and started to work up a steady stream of warmth that was finding its way toward me.

Simon didn’t notice anything, he just kept using up my energy. He didn’t seem to notice it wasn’t my energy anymore, but Eros’. It obviously didn’t make a difference. Sheila’s shimmering darkness was getting stronger with every passing second.

I had to stop using Eros’ energy after a while, as I was starting to feel his emotions again. I gathered that meant I was using too much again. When I tried to pull my hand free, his arm fell down and landed on the bed with a dull thud. He was sound asleep again, his aura a weak yet visible black.

“It’s done,” Simon said, still holding onto my hand but stopping the flow of energy. “It’s over.”

The moment our eyes met, we slid onto the floor and leaned heavily against each other. I still had some of Eros’ energy left in me and I divided it between the two of us, hoping it would strengthen us enough to get back to our dorms.

“Eros’ not up yet?” Simon asked in surprise, his voice quiet.

I shook my head. “He woke up a couple of minutes ago, but I had to use him again.” When Simon looked at me like I was talking gibberish, I smiled. “My energy wasn’t enough. Apparently, it takes three minor supernaturals to reverse a wish, not two.”

“He’s okay?” he whispered, worry swirling around me.

I nodded. “Let’s get to bed,” I proposed, getting up and pulling him to his feet. “Eros will fix things with Sheila when they wake up. We’ll see how they’re doing tomorrow.”

“Sure…”

Together, we stumbled out of Eros’ dorm, happy we could go to sleep now and everything would be over. For now at least.

========

Where can you order a copy of this book, you ask?

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

Please like this story on Facebook and stay tuned about developments in the series: https://www.facebook.com/SupernaturalBoardingSchool 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...