Radiant Academy {KH/FF/FT & o...

By Firefly94

Welcome to Radiant Academy your new home filled with new people, new classes and new rules, but wait a second... More

Prologue ~Nightmares
Chapter one ~ I'm not going nowhere
Chapter two~ You're who's roommate now?
Chapter three~ meet the beasts
Chapter four~ A big introduction!
Chapter five~ A Great hand!
Chapter six ~ You're one of us now!
Chapter seven~ Don't be so Dramatic!
Chapter eight ~ Aren't you sweet!
Chapter nine ~ Quite the Experiment!
Chapter 10 ~ A Match To Remember!
Chapter 11~ The ultimate Weapon!
Chapter 12 ~ Tradition!
Chapter 13 ~ Nothing like a moonlit stroll
Chapter 14 ~ Poison!
Chapter 15 ~ Seriously I'm Fine!
Chapter 16~ I don't need a baby sitter!
Chapter 17 ~ This is war!
Chapter 18 ~ Hit 'em in the Scruff!
Chapter 19 ~ I'll be your friend!
Chapter 20 ~ back to normal?!
Chapter twenty-one ~ Stop Digging!
Chapter twenty-two~ Remember Me!
Chapter 23~ Prey or Predator!
Chapter 24~ From Elephants to Air Ships!
Chapter 25~ the vanishing tea party!
Chapter 26 ~ Cryptic Cats and Run away Rabbits!
Chapter 27~ One long journey later!
Chapter 28~ You only need me!
Chapter 29 ~ No Trust!
Chapter 30 ~ A little investigation!
Chapter 31 ~ the Secret Meeting!
Chapter 32 ~ What did you call me?!
Chapter 33 ~ I See You!
Chapter 35 ~ Fully Equipped!
Chapter 36 ~ A City Sleeps!
Chapter 37 ~ Time to Investigate!
Chapter 38~The Towering Tower!
Chapter 39 ~ And Who Are You?
Chapter 40 ~ Reunion
Chapter 41 ~ Until Next Time!
Chapter 42 ~ I'll ask the questions!

Chapter 34 ~ Eenie Meenie Miney Mo!

974 42 2
By Firefly94

Chapter 34

A/N: Hey guys. I am so super sorry about the tiny, tad, uber, long wait. As an apology (and because it sort of just worked out that way) this chapter about 3 times the usual length. Also this is sorta a filler chapter where you hang out with ALL your classmates before you go on your mission. Sorry if it gets boring but certain things foreshadow stuff to come. Anyway hope you enjoy!

Although Kurosaki had told you to leave everything to him for the meantime, you couldn't relax and couldn't let it go. You'd spent the evening brainstorming ideas and coming up with tactical plans for dealing with and hopefully capturing Vanitas. You decided to try going on another mission to see if he showed up again but couldn't decide which of your classmates to take with you. You pushed the thoughts aside, deciding to pick someone in the morning and surprisingly enough, finally dropped off into a peaceful slumber, something you hadn't experienced for a while. For that very reason you were extraordinarily upset to be shocked awake by a collection of screams around you.

"What the hell?" Zack yelled.

"How'd you even get in here?" Tidus fussed.

"Shut up," Axel and you groaned in unison. It was the weekend, you didn't have to get up early and you weren't going to. While rolling over to fall back to sleep you're eyes opened slightly and a surprised gasp escaped your lips.

"Morning -------," Yuffie beamed down at you. She was situated above your bed hanging onto it by small suction cups. At the sound of her voice Genesis and Axel shot up in surprise as well.

"Infiltration, success!" Yuffie cheered as she swung down from the roof, landing on the end of your bed.

"Girls aren't allowed in here," Genesis said rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Sure they are. ------'s here isn't she?" Yuffie did have a point but that still didn't explain why she's here.

"Yes, that's true but you're not allowed here. Come on," Zack told her grabbing her arm and pulling her toward the door. With a huff and a pout she slipped out of his grasp and plopped down on the end of your bed.

"I'm actually here on important business," Yuffie huffed.

"People on important business usually use the door," Axel grumbled.

"Yeah but it's a top secret mission," Yuffie spoke, voice full of intrigue.

"You have a top secret mission? In our bed room?" You very much doubted that but wanted to know why she was here none the less.

"Yep. Rikku told me to sneak in here to ask you to come shopping with us today!" she cheered. You face palmed.

"That is not a 'mission'," Tidus shook his head at her stupidity.

"Of course it is! I had to beat all you knuckle heads and now I have," She stuck out a mocking tongue.

"Oh have you now," Axel slinked over. Eyes half open as he was still trying to fully wake up. "------ and I already have plans."

"What?" Yuffie's face dropped in disappointment.

"We do?" You yourself were still half asleep. Barely managing to sit up straight as you rubbed the sleep from your eyes.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten now ------," his voice was full of thinly veiled irritation. You maintained your blank expression. "Come on ------, think back. Do you remember showing up to the dorm Monday night, dressed as part tree with a bajillion and two wholes riddled through you." He stalked closer to you as he spoke until he was towering over you.

"I may have some recollection of something like that," you gulped.

"Good," He wore a smile that didn't reach his eyes where you could see his anger boiling away beneath. "Cause if you remember correctly Tidus and I lost a few of our belongings that night."

"Yeah," Tidus agreed.

"So today you're coming with us to help pick up the stuff we need." Axel ordered, leaning down, face mere inches from your own.

"Alri-"

"No!" Yuffie huffed half way through you agreeing with Axel. Yuffie jumped forward on your bed flailing her arms. Her action trampolined you up propelling you through the short distance between Axel and you. There was a short second where realization shot across his face but he didn't have time to step back before your faces crashed into one another. You're lips landed just below his as you head-butted him in the eye.

"Argh." You both groaned as you grabbed your forehead and Axel held his eye.

"That's definitely going to bruise," Axel winced.

"Yeah, you give a whole new meaning to the term 'strong cheek bones'," you rubbed your head.

"Axel!" Yuffie yelled shoving the unsuspecting Axel who fell backwards barely missing your bedside table.

"What the hell," he seethed, steaming with rage.

"I can't believe you just tried to kiss ------. And in front of everyone like that. Shame on you." She lectured flicking her finger at him.

"Why you little-" Axel shot off the floor ready to murder Yuffie where she stood.

"Calm down," Zack looped an arm around Axel's in a failing attempt to hold him back. Tidus grabbed onto the other side as Genesis pulled Yuffie back to a safer distance.

"Now she's definitely coming with me, you molester" Yuffie fussed.

"You damn brat, over my dead body!" Axel steamed.

What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning.

Two hours later you had finally made it into town. Yuffie and Axel weren't acknowledging each other's existence but everyone else seemed fine.

"Beautiful day today," Yuna smiled.

"Yeah, not a cloud in the sky," Tidus agreed as the two made an attempt to break the tension. It had taken a while but you managed to convince the two that if they were all going to the same place that you should all just go together. You were now standing in the middle of Radiant Garden, a charming little city, with your roommates along with Yuffie, Tifa, Rikku, Yuna and Paine.

"Okay!" Yuffie cheered grabbing your hand. "Let's hit a café first for breakfast."

"Oh, I. Don't .Think so!" Axel punctuated each word as he tore you from Yuffie's grasp and flung you behind him. "We came here because Tidus and I need to shop so that's what we're doing first."

Round two of the bickering war began. As you rolled your eyes for the umpteenth time today you felt a tap on your shoulder.

"This could take a while." Genesis lowered his voice as he spoke in your ear. "There's a shop just around the corner I know you'd enjoy. Would you like to go?"

You looked around as passer-byers began to stop and stare at the scene Yuffie and Axel were making. You turned back to Genesis "I'd love to."

Genesis and you quietly snuck away from the group and around the corner.

"So where are we going?" you asked looking up as Genesis looked down at you his lips pulling into a smile.

"It's just up ahead." After a few more steps Genesis came to a stop. "We're here." He gestured a hand forward and your gaze rose until your eyes settled on a sign that simply read 'Books'. Your face immediately donned a coat hanger grin.

"I knew you'd like it. Shall we?" he climbed the two stairs to the store and held open the door for you.

You spent what felt like forever perusing the shelves, occasionally picking up the odd tome to share and discuss it's brilliance with Genesis. You rounded another bookshelf, so engrossed with what you were looking at you didn't notice the person coming around the other way. You bounced straight off whoever it was and landed on your butt.

"Ouch," A familiar voice grumbled. You looked over to find Zexion on the floor pulling a book off his face.

"Oops, I am so sorry," you quickly scurried to your feet so you could help Zexion to his.

"No, I- uh – wasn't looking where I was going," Zexion dusted down his black jeans.

"I wasn't either, sorry," you rubbed at your head sheepishly.

"Oh Zexion, what are you doing here?" Genesis asked rounding the corner too.

"I'm just about to meet Roxas and Demyx at a café. After I buy this of course." He held up the book in his hand. "Would you two like to join us?"

"Well I haven't had breakfast yet, so why not," you smiled.

"Genesis?" Zexion turned the offer to him.

"I appreciate the offer but there's a few more books I'd like to look at first."

"Okay, I'll see you later then," You gave a little wave which Genesis returned before falling back into the book he was reading.

You waited while Zexion bought his book and then the two of you headed off.

"What bought you guys to the city today?" you asked him.

"Well it can get quite boring stuck in the campus all week so most students head into the city on the weekends." He explained.

"I guess If you've been going there for as long as you have you'd run out of stuff to do." You chuckled.

"It can get claustrophobic in those halls."

"I never pegged you as the outdoorsy type," you hummed.

"I like the illusion of freedom." He wore his perpetual straight face.

"Well that's an oddly deep thought," you pondered his words slightly surprised by them. He just shrugged before turning toward a nearby building.

"We're here." He stepped forward holding open the door for you. You thanked him as you walked past and spotted Demyx and Roxas almost immediately. They were sat in the closest corner booth sipping milkshakes. As you walked over they spotted you almost straight away.

"Hi -------."

Hey." They chimed in unison.

"Hey guys" you smiled.

"Don't I even warrant a hello?" Zexion almost pouted as he slid into the booth next to Demyx.

"Don't look so depressed Zex, we're happy to see you too." Demyx assured placing an arm around his shoulders and giving a squeeze to which Zexion just pushed him off. "I love you too man." Zexion let out a small huff before casually reaching over and stealing Demyx's drink.

You laughed as Demyx tried and failed to take it back while you slid onto the bench next to Roxas.

"Are they always like this," you chuckled.

"For as long as I can remember," Roxas laughed back. "What brings you to the city today?"

"I'm supposed to be helping Axel buy some clothes but his a little bit too hot to handle at the moment." You sighed remembering back to earlier events of the day.

"Axel can get a little hot headed sometimes but he's very loyal and a great friend." Roxas assured.

"Have you two known each other long?"

"We've been best friends since we were kids."

"How'd you meet, I mean the two of you don't seem that much alike?" You asked, a little curious. He seemed to pause for a moment looking at his hands intently like he didn't know how to answer. "If you don't want to say that's fine. I don't mean to pry."

"No, that's okay. I don't actually remember much from around that time. I was in some sort of accident. I was about ten at the time. I don't actually remember anything from before then." His face held a solemn smile.

"I'm so sorry," You were a little taken aback. Shocked by the fact Roxas was willing to share such an obviously painful past.

"What are you sorry about," He chuckled.

"I didn't mean to bring up those sad memories."

He just shrugged. "Don't worry about it. They're not so bad. That's when I met Axel. I was a bit of a Zombie after the accident. Didn't speak. Barely moved. And that's when he started showing up. He was the most annoyingly persistent person I've ever met." Roxas beamed brightly as he reflected on the memories. "Word travelled fast about the Zombie boy in the hospital. He was curious and came to visit. I think it was that fiery personality of his that drove him to want to fix me. He came by every day and just talked at me until I finally started talking back. Then he started bring games and we played for the entirety of visiting hours. Before I knew it I was released but he still never left me alone. I'm grateful to him." He turned to me with one of the brightest smiles I'd ever seen.

"Wow, sounds like you've been through a lot. Did you ever get your memories back? From before the accident?" you pressed.

"Nope. I do wonder about my past sometimes but I wouldn't know where to start looking." He admitted as he used his straw to stir his milkshake.

"What about your name? Couldn't you look into that?" You offered to which Roxas just chuckled.

"Truthfully, I don't even know if it's mine."

"What?"

"Once I started talking Axel asked for my name and Roxas just popped into my head. It could be mine, a family members, a character in a book I liked."

"Oh," you failed at not sounding deflated. You knew the feeling of not knowing where you came from and it was a little sad to see Roxas in the same boat.

"Don't worry about it. I'll find the truth one day. I'm sure of it," He grinned once more and you couldn't help but return the gesture.

"What are you two grinning about?" Demyx reached across the table with the aid of a straw and flicked it between the two of you grabbing your attention.

"Nothing," you shook your head at him.

"Well whatever. Roxas what's the time?" Demyx bounced in his chair a little.

"Why do you never wear a watch?" Roxas sighed.

"Don't own one. Now what's the time?" He pressed from the edge of his seat.

"Relax you've still got five minutes," Roxas gazed at his wrist.

"Five minutes!" Demyx exclaimed. "I gotta go." He didn't even ask Zexion to move, clambering straight over the top of him and jetted out of the booth.

"Um, what was that about?" You asked gazing of in the direction he disappeared.

"We come here every Saturday because Demyx comes here to perform." Zexion explained.

"Wow, what does he do?"

"Plays the Sitar." Roxas answered. Your brow creased.

"Sitar? That's an odd choice. He definitely doesn't come across as the type."

"He's very good at it," Zexion looked ready to defend his friend. "Once he starts you'll see."

Within a few minutes Demyx took to the little stage set up along the back wall of the café. In his hands he held a giant blue sitar as he smiled out at the many customers waiting to hear him play.

"Before I start," Demyx called out as a hush fell over the room. "I'd like to dedicate this performance to a new friend of mine. ------ thanks for coming!" He beamed as he waved at you. A slight blush crept over your face as you waved back and a few audience members gave a cheer. He sat with the sitar balanced in his lap. The look on his face changed in a flash to one you'd never seen him wear before. He was serious, concentrating and then... The most beautiful, mystic tune flowed through the air as his fingers plucked and danced across the strings. You were gobsmacked.

"He- his amazing," you stammered out completely absorbed in his music.

"Yes he is." You were equally shocked by the small smile lighting up Zexion's perpetually serious face.

The three of you had sat through about five of Demyx's songs when a disturbance outside caught your attention. Through the café window you spotted Cloud and Leon, swords in hand, taking on a couple of heartless. In the middle of the city? Heartless usually avoid such built up areas. You had to find out what was going on.

"Sorry guy's, I gotta go. I'll see you later."

"Wha-" Roxas started behind you but you'd already flown out your seat and were almost to the door. You looked back toward the stage to see a saddened expression flash through Demyx's face. You could only offer a mouthed apology and a wave as you sailed out the door.

"This is the last one Cloud. It's yours!" You followed Leon's voice down a nearby side ally. You rounded the corner just in time to see Cloud's sword slide effortlessly straight through the heartless.

"What's going on?" You huffed running up beside the two.

"Oh, -----. What are you doing here?" Leon asked, all nonchalant, like they hadn't just been fighting a battle.

"What am I doing here? What are heartless doing here!?" You shouted, arms flicking out to gesture where the heartless just stood.

"Oh, that?" Leon scratched his chin.

"How's it going?" Tifa's voice crackled through on a radio. "Have you taken out the targets?"

"Assignment complete." Cloud responded into a transmitter on his wrist.

"Okay. Group two is headed to your location, wait there." Tifa's transmission ended with a buzz.

"Fancy equipment, assignments, group two. What on earth is this?" you fussed in your confusion.

"We're members of the 'Radiant Garden Restoration Committee'" Cloud explained.

"Restoration Committee? What's that?" You questioned.

"A couple years ago there was a major attack made on the city. A few dark mages with an army of heartless," Leon explained. "The mages were defeated of course but the battle caused extensive damage to the city. The city was rebuilt but the remnants of dark energy still draws heartless to this area."

"And that's where we come in." A familiar voice cheered from above. All three of you looked up to see Yuffie sitting on the roof to your left, swing her legs happily.

"You got here fast," Cloud acknowledged.

"So you're group two?" you asked her. She was about to respond when a voice came booming up the alley behind you.

"We are group two," Zack huffed as he stormed toward you.

"What took you so long?" Yuffie giggled.

"I swear I spend twice as much time chasing you around as I do the heartless. How did I get stuck with you" He complained.

"You're just lucky I guess," she grinned cheekily.

"So you guys are all part of the restoration committee?" you asked trying to get the conversation back on track.

"Yes. Together with Tifa the five of us track down the heartless and defeat them," Cloud explained.

"I'd say that makes us this town's heroes," Zack chimed. With that a buzzing sound was heard over Cloud's transmitter.

"New target's sighted. Group one to the town square and group two to the city gate." Tifa's voice sounded over the static.

"On it," Cloud replied giving a nod to Leon as they both went to head off.

"Oh no you don't," Zack protested clasping a hand around Cloud's wrist. "I'm with Cloud this time." With that Zack raced off down the alley, dragging a surprised Cloud behind him.

"Welcome to group two," Yuffie sang as she jumped down from the second floor roof. Leon merely face palmed as he seemed to be 'stuck' with Yuffie now.

"Want to come with ------?" Yuffie turned to you.

"We don't have all day. Let's go," Leon ordered as he charged off.

"Hold up!" Yuffie bounded off after him.

"Coming!" you called to the fast disappearing two. As you rounded the corner trailing after the two your eye caught on a familiar blue hairstyle on a nearby balcony. Jellal stood there staring after you. You're eyes locked with his as your body continued after Yuffie and Leon all leading to you not noticing the people in front of you.

"Argh," You groaned along with the poor person you landed on top of.

"Oh dear, are you two alright." Came a familiar gasp.

"Just dandy," You pealed yourself off your victim as you looked up to see Yuna rushing to your side.

"Owie" Rikku whined from the floor in front of you as she rubbed her arm where she landed.

"Sorry Rikku." You quickly shuffled over to her to see if she was okay.

"I'm alright," she rubbed at the skin where it hurt. "I think it's just going to bruise."

"She'll be fine," Paine came up behind her and pulled Rikku to her feet.

"Sorry I wasn't looking where I was going?" You apologised feeling bad for hurting her.

"What had you so distracted?" Tidus asked, next to Yuna.

"I was just-" you turned back to look for Jellal but he was gone. There's definitely something up with him. "Thought I saw something." You shock the thought from your head.

"Oh well no harm done," Paine shrugged to which Rikku pouted.

"Harm done! I feel harm," she whined.

"You're fine." Paine sighed.

"You don't know that-" the two started to argue in the middle of the street.

"Anyway," Yuna hummed as she stepped over to you. "We were just about to watch a movie. Do you want to come?" she smiled.

"Weren't you guys going shopping?" You asked remembering back to where you left them this morning.

"Already done," Tidus held up a couple of bags. "Although Axel's not too happy."

"I can imagine," you groaned, dreading having to deal with him later.

"So would you like to join us?" Yuna asked once more.

"Actually, I was just headed for the city gates." You looked behind her to see if you could still see Yuffie or Leon but they were already long gone. "Would you by any chance be able to point me in the right direction?" You asked.

"Um let's see," Yuna turned to look down the street. "Keep going down the street and then take the second left. It should be an almost straight shot from there but you should definitely be able to see it." She spoke while gesturing with her hands.

"Okay thanks," you smiled. "Enjoy your movie."

"See you back at the dorm." Tidus waved as you took off.

You followed Yuna's instructions and found yourself on a quiet street that seemed to have a park at the end. As you approached the park you could see a grand iron gate towering high over the few rows of houses stood in front of it. You were hoping to make it while the heartless was still there as you were just itching for a battle. You headed for the park figuring it would be faster if you cut through.

"Come on we don't want any trouble," You heard a voice from across the little park. You turned to see Ventus, Sora and Riku standing in front of Seifer, Raijin and Fujin.

"Then why come here looking for it?" Seifer eyed Ventus who was obviously the owner of the voice you heard before.

"No matter what you'd like to believe you don't actually own this park." Riku lectured.

"Oh yeah, everyone knows this is our spot. If you come here it can only mean you're looking for trouble." Seifer scoffed.

"Yeah, this is our turf. So you better just leave if you don't want any trouble, ya know," Raijin laughed.

"Scram," Fujin dead panned.

"We'll leave once you give it back!" Sora huffed.

"Why do you care so much about this piece of trash anyway?" Seifer asked holding up some object in his hand. You were too far away to see.

"Whatever, it's mine so give it back," Ventus reached out to grab it but Seifer quickly snatched it back.

"Oo, nice comeback there, blondie. But I think I'll hold on to it." Seifer smirked shoving the object into his pocket.

"Why do you have to be so mean all the time? What did we ever do to you?" Sora shoved his hands on his hips. Obviously annoyed.

"Just looking at you always seems to tick me off," Seifer spat, puffing out his chest. Sora's brow creased.

"That's just silly," Sora shook his head. "Now give it back." He held out his hand.

"Hmph, maybe if you get on your knees and beg," Seifer scoffed. "I might consider it."

Riku rolled his eyes "Who'd ever beg to you."

"That's it!" Seifer seethed. "Let's thrash 'em." In an instant Seifer and Sora dove for a stick before striking at each other as if wielding swords. Raijin charged for Riku who occupied his opponent by dodging around the nearby trees never delivering a blow himself. Ventus and Fujin crossed fists. Dodging and swinging with such poise, grace and precision, they could have been mistaken for doing a rehearsed routine.

You got ready to charge in and put an end to their silly fight when an arm shot across in front of you. Surprised, you looked to your left to see the arm belonged to none other than Jellal.

"What? Are you gonna stop them or are you just going to continue lurking about?" You eyed his emotionless face. He didn't make a move. "Right then." You growled pushing through his arm instead of going around. You ran straight into the fray knowing exactly where to strike to stop the fight.

"What do you think you're doing?" You roared as you plucked the heavy stick from Seifer's hand, jerking him forward before bending down to swing your leg, tripping Sora while using the stick to trip Seifer.

"What the hell!"

"Ouch," Sora pouted as he hit the floor. Everyone stopped. "------, what are you doing here?" Sora asked.

"Stopping you guys. You're classmates, why are you fighting?" you questioned pointing between the two.

"Classmates is no special bond." Seifer flared, jumping back to his feet.

"Of course it is!" you scolded stepping into his personal bubble. "Here let me break it down for you. The word 'classmates' contains the word 'mates'. A 'mate' is a 'friend' therefore classmates equal friends and friends don't fight." You finished your lecture by shoving a finger into his chest.

"Whatever," Seifer rolled his eyes stepping back. "Come on guys. We're outta here." He began to saunter of.

"Wai-" Ventus began as he darted forward but came to a stop right when Seifer did. Seifer's get away came to a halt as the dark figure of Jellal loomed into his path.

"What's your problem?" Seifer spat.

"Return it." Jellal's voice was deep and demanding. Seifer scoffed shaking his head but reached into his pocket for the stolen object anyway. He tossed it over his shoulder to which Ventas darted forward to snatch it up before it hit the ground. As a last act of defiance Seifer shoved through Jellal, storming off but not before calling back.

"Later losers."

"What is that guy's problem," you steamed.

"Ah, his just moody." Riku dismissed the entire argument that just took place. "That was a cool little friendship speech you whipped up there." He grinned.

"Yeah, cool speech. Why did I have to end up on the floor?" Sora pouted.

"Sorry about that. You just so happened to be in the lynchpin fight. If you guys stopped everyone else would too." You gave Sora a hand and pulled him to his feet. For some reason he was still holding his stick. "Why were you fighting with sticks anyway? You do own real weapons." You questioned.

"It's not like we were actually going to hurt them," Riku said.

"Yeah. Just beat some sense into them," Sora chuckled tapping the stick into his other hand. Riku rolled his eyes at his friend with a chuckle of his own.

"What were you fighting over anyway?" You asked turning to Ventus who was still holding the little object.

"Oh- um- this..." he held out his hands to show you. It was a little, warn out, doll. Looked to be handmade and quite old. It was star in shape, a faded blue in colour with a little sewn on face. It was a little grubby around the edges and a bit of the stitching had come loose but for some reason it stirred a familiar feeling in you.

"What is it exactly?" You were a little confused as to why a teenage boy was so attached to and carrying around a little doll.

"It's a lucky charm." Ventus defended, carefully sliding it into his pocket. "I always carry it with me."

"Cool, must be really important then," you offered a smile.

"It is," He smiled too, "Ah thanks Jellal for-" He began to thank Jellal but as he looked around, noticed he was already gone. The smile began to slip from his face. That guy seemed to love pulling a disappearing act.

"Don't worry about it," Sora comforted Ventus, placing an arm around his shoulder. "You can thank him back at the dorms. Speaking of which we should head back." Sora began to lead him off. "You guys coming." He called back. Riku looked to you for your answer.

"I'm actually headed for the city gate." You explained.

"No worries," Riku nodded. "Hey Sora," you almost jumped as he called. "I'll catch up in a minute. Don't leave without me." His volume returned to normal, "shall we." He offered an arm.

"You don't have to take me," you didn't want to put him out.

"Not a problem," he wound his arm around yours and started walking, leading the way. "It can be dangerous to walk around by yourself. Heartless pop out from nowhere around here." He explained.

"I know, Leon and Cloud explained it to me."

"So you met the restoration committee?"

"Yep, I'm actually looking for Leon and Yuffie at the moment. They were headed to the city gates, I'm just hoping they're still there." You told him as you noticed you were almost there. After rounding one more corner you had finally made it to the evidently deserted city gates. "Well that's a bit disappointing" you sighed.

"They could still be nearby?" Riku offered. You didn't want to tell him you were actually more looking forward to finding the heartless that had obviously already been defeated.

"I'll never understand that girl?" A voice approached. The two of you looked up to see Kairi and Selphie headed toward you.

"Hey guys," Riku called out to them. "Have either of you seen Yuffie or Leon?"

"Sure have. Yuffie almost shoved me into a building as she raced off that way." Kairi pointed down a street. "I'll never understand where she gets all that energy."

"Awesome that's my que," you gave a quick wave as you took off in the direction Kairi had pointed. "Thanks guys."

"What was that about?' You heard Selphie's voice fade as you left the three in your dust. You sped down the road keeping your eyes and ears peeled for both Yuffie and heartless. You were so in the mood for a fight.

Just then your ears tuned to a fight but not the type of fight you were thinking of.

"Is that right," It was Gray's voice you heard first.

"Come on, I'll take you any time any place!" Natsu replied.

"This is not the time nor the place." You rounded the corner to see Erza standing between the now paling boys.

"We meant time for a hug," Natsu fake cheered.

"So right, come here buddy," Gray and Natsu latched on to one another there fake laughter almost scary.

"Oh well that's nice to see then." Erza smiled, falling for their ploy. They continued to shoot each other daggers whenever she turned her back.

"------? What a pleasant surprise." Juvia rushed over happily.

"Hi," you returned a smile as you walked over to join the group. "What are you guys doing?" you asked.

"Makarov sent as here on some business today," Lucy explained before leaning in to whisper in your ear. "But when it comes to this lot nothing's ever easy." She finished with a sigh as you looked around the rambunctious group.

"------," Erza called your name in her no nonsense manor which caused even you to give her your full attention. "Have you seen Jellal around today? I have something to ask him but can't seem to find him anywhere." You looked around half expecting to see him lurking around some corner, maybe even hanging off the roof but he was nowhere to be seen.

"I saw him at the park earlier but I lost him after that. Sorry." You apologised.

"Oh well, guess I'll just keep looking. Let's continue." Her voice came out as an order that everyone followed, immediately trailing after her.

"I'll see you later," Juvia called back to you before she left.

After the others left you continued walking down the streets, no longer sure where you were going or what you were doing. You were well and truly lost and just about to climb the nearest building to see if a bird's eye view would help when you heard someone call your name.

"------!" You spun around to see Reno standing next to Gippal who had his hands cupped around his mouth. "We've been looking for you." Gippal called again waving you over.

"What's up?" you jogged over to meet them at the opposite end of the street.

"We got roped into helping Axel today, something he made abundantly clear you were supposed to be doing." Gippal complained.

"Oops, sorry guys. I got sort of lost." You smiled sheepishly at the sort of truth you were telling. You were lost now, that's all they needed to know of today's exploits.

"We can see that. What are you doing all the way out here?" Reno asked as the two of them started leading you out of the maze of streets you were lost in.

"I'm new here remember, I didn't know where I was going." You pointed out the obvious.

"Good thing we found you when we did then. You could have been stumbling around these streets for days." Gippal said smugly.

"I'm sure," you laughed. "How was Axel? He didn't mind having you two replace me?" you asked.

"I'm just glad to have him out of my clothes," Reno avoided the question.

"Maybe that's something you should ask him yourself," Gippal pulled a sly grin.

"Wha-" before you could speak you were shoved into the nearest shop with the door slammed behind you.

"Just in time," You looked up to see the wicked grin plastered on Axel's face. Those traitors. You couldn't believe they just threw you to the wolves.

"Hey Axel," you chuckled nervously. "How was your day?"

"Take these," he shoved an armful of bags at you. "You're at least gonna help me carry them." You were surprised at how lightly you got off with that hot temper of his but you weren't going to question it, just thank your lucky stars and head home with him.

You were exhausted after your day out and after spending time with all your classmates you had a lot to think about in terms of who to bring on your mission.

A/N: Hey again! Did you enjoy the chapter? I plan on writing the mission chapter in the next couple of days so you have one last day to get in any last minute votes. See ya in the next chapter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 4.5K 19
The S-class wizards trials are about to begin yet again. This time...a far worse path lies ahead of Natsu and Lucy. Natsu has been blinded for years...
3.8K 10 23
Meet Lucy Heartfilia, an 11th grader at Fairy Tail High. Mute by choice and also a straight A student. Lucy has an amazing group of friends, a best f...
50.9K 1.6K 23
Hello! This is my first Fairy Tail story. If I'd have to be honest, I'm very excited for this new story. I hope you'll like it. Here's a mini summary...
109K 4.5K 46
Lucy Heartfilia, a 16 year old girl, has just enrolled into a new school. Fairy Tail Academy. She's new to the school and everyone welcomes her. Exce...