He Loves Me Back.... Probably

Por classybrown20

Hi. My name is Shawna Duncan. I've gotten myself into a bit of a situation and I need advice. Tell me, what d... Mais

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Quick Interruption...
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Another quick interruption
Chapter Seventeen
Epilogue
Important Author's Note

Chapter Thirteen

144 4 3
Por classybrown20

Picture is of Landon Liboiron, who plays Monday's boyfriend Jake. This chapter is just a filler chapter, but I hope you like it and vote/comment anyway. ♥

Thirteen

*Shawna*

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Where the hell am I? Why are there all these wires attached to me? Why… why does my head hurt?

I groaned.

Why do I hurt?

I tried to sit up, but my stomach hurt too much. I felt like I was going to puke.

I really looked around the room I was in. I was in a hospital? What the hell happened?

Just then, a short round woman walked into my room wearing navy scrubs. She smiled at me and said, “Hi I’m your nurse, Jenna. Are you feeling okay? Do you need morphine? How about some water?”

“What happened?” I asked.

“You got shot in the stomach,” she told me. “By the time the ambulance got there, you already lost a lot of blood. We weren’t sure you were going to make it.”

“Why don’t I remember?” I asked her.

“You hit your head really hard when you collapsed on the ground,” Jenna explained. “You have a slight case of amnesia.”

“I do?” I asked.

“What’s your name?” she asked me.

“Shawna Duncan,” I told her.

“Who was with you the night of the shooting?” she asked.

“Uh…”

Just then a gorgeous blonde haired, blue eyed man walked into my room. He had bandages around his left shoulder and he was in a hospital gown as well. There was something about this man that really got my heart beating fast.

“Shawna,” he breathed.

“Do I know you?” I asked him.

The man looked at Jenna fearfully. “Shawna, it’s me. Charlie.”

“Charlie…?” I asked.

His shoulders slumped. “Charlie Harrison, your boyfriend.”

My eyes all but popped out of my head, “You’re my boyfriend? But… but… you’re so out of my league!”

Charlie chuckled, “No, I’m out of your league.”

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Jenna said and walked out.

“So… if you’re my boyfriend, how serious are we?” I asked him.

He sat down on the edge of my bed, “Pretty serious.”

“Are we in love?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“Have we had sex?” I asked fearfully. What if I couldn’t remember how to do it?!

“No,” Charlie chuckled.

I sighed with relief; I won’t have to worry about forgetting how to have sex, “Have we kissed?”

“Oh,” he said huskily. “We’ve kissed.”

“What else have we done?” I asked him.

“Well,” he smiled and his eyes glinted. “We’ve done a little of this,” he kissed my forehead. “A lot of this,” he kissed my mouth. “Some of this,” he kissed me with tongue. “And only once have I done this,” he wiggled his fingers.

I blushed scarlet. I let him finger me?! “Am I a whore?” I whispered quietly.

Charlie kissed my forehead and looked directly into my eyes, “No, you most certainly are not. I’m your first and last boyfriend.”

“My last?” I smiled. I can defiantly see how I fell in love with him.

“I love you Shawna,” he chuckled. “I have been since the day you and my sister became friends.”

I gasped, “You’re my best friend’s brother?”

“Ex- best friend,” a female voice said.

She walked into the room with a pissed off composure. Her brown hair flowed behind her as she approached Charlie. She narrowed her brown eyes and glared at him, “The doctor said you weren’t supposed to leave your room.”

“I wanted to see Shawna,” he told her.

“Like she can even remember you,” she snarled at him.

“She can’t remember you either,” Charlie retorted.

“Are you Charlie’s sister?” I asked her.

She rolled her eyes, “Yes. Charlie, can I have a minute alone with Shawna?”

Charlie got up hesitantly and left the room.

She turned to me. “You almost got my brother killed last night.”

“I’m sorry,” I said.

She looked like she was surprised, “You are? You’re not going to defend yourself? Blame it all on him?”

“No, if it was my fault then it was my fault,” I told her.

“Oh,” she said. “My name’s Halie by the way.”

“Okay,” I said. “So Halie, why aren’t we friends anymore?”

“You’re dating my older brother and kept it from me,” she said and sat down on the chair across from me.

“But… well I’m supposed to be in love with him, and I think I might have been in love with him for a while,” I said.

“So?” Halie asked irritated.

“So… ugh! This would be so much easier to explain if I could remember! But I think… I think I’m a reasonably okay person, do you think I would purposely hurt my best friend like that?” I asked her.

She looked down, “No.”

“So why are you not okay with this?” I asked her.

“Because… because… I don’t know,” she said. “I’m so sorry Shawna, I’ve missed you so much. The girls I hang out with now… oh my God they’re so fake. I hate them.”

“I think I miss you too? I don’t know, I don’t even remember you,” I told her.

“I know,” she said.

“So… where are my parents?” I asked.

“Your dad’s just… he’s just outside, let me get him,” Halie said quietly.

Soon enough, the man who I supposed my father was came inside. “Dad?” I asked him.

“It’s me, baby girl,” he said and hugged me. “I was so worried I’d lose my only girl.”

“Do I have siblings?” I asked excitedly.

“Um… no, you don’t,” he said quietly.

“Oh… so where’s Mom?” I asked him.

Dad’s face became very somber, “She’s… gone.”

“What?” I asked.

He took my hand in his, “When you were ten, she died. If you look at your wrist on your right arm, there’s a small black tattoo of a heart similar to mine.” He showed me his wrist. “It’s a memorial tattoo, we got them together.”

I looked at my wrist in curiosity. I saw the tattoo and a split second of my memory of getting the tattoo flashed in my mind. I sighed, “Well that’s a bummer.”

“Yeah it is. So… do you remember anything at all?” Dad asked me.

Just then a doctor walked in, “She should remember everything in a few days, and it’ll take some time to get all of her memories back. They’ll come back to her gradually; she didn’t conk her head too hard on the cement.”

“Hey Doc, who shot me?” I asked.

“A boy who goes by the name Rolland Samuels, he was with a Tony Forbraro and Lewis Gardner. The police caught them an hour after he shot you, they’re in custody and they’re being questioned last I heard,” the doctor said.

“Okay, did he shoot Charlie too?” I asked.

“Yes, but he shot you first,” the doctor said.

“I see…”

“I know this is a lot to take in, especially because you don’t have much of your memory but you’ll be fine,” he assured me.

“Well as long as I get my memory back,” I sighed again.

“You will, you just have amnesia. It’s nothing too serious,” he told me and jotted down some notes. “I’ll be back later for observation.”

“Doc, how long will I have to stay here for?” I asked.

“A week, but if you heal up faster maybe only a few more days,” the doctor smiled at me. “You’ll be fine.”

“Thanks Doc,” I said as he left the room.

Dad smiled weakly at me.

“Don’t worry Daddy-o, I’ll be fine,” I tried for a joke.

He smiled slightly, “I know, baby girl.”

“So. No siblings, no mom, it’s just us then?” I asked.

He sighed, “It’s not really us. I mean, yes it is, but because of my job I’m not around a lot.”

“So… it’s just me?” I asked tearful. “How lonely.”

“Well you lived at the Harrison’s mostly, but I’d make you come home when I’m home,” he explained.

“That’s still so lonely,” I said quietly.

“I don’t like coming home,” Dad whispered.

“Why?” I asked, shocked.

“Shawna, you’re the spitting image of your mother. I miss her 24/7 and seeing you makes it that much harder for me not to break down and cry. Don’t get me wrong, I love you, but it gets hard at times,” he said. “I know it’s a shitty reason to leave you all alone-”

“It’s okay, I understand,” I told him.

“You do?” he asked.

“It would be hard for me too,” I told him.

“I’m glad you don’t think I’m a jerk,” he said to himself.

“Well I don’t Dad,” I said.

We heard a knock on the door and in came a shortish girl and a boy about five inches taller than her.

“I’ll leave you three alone,” Dad said and walked out.

“Shawna!” the girl cried and gave me a huge hug.

I stared at her for a long time, not saying anything. I recognized her, but I couldn’t put a name to her face. I looked over at the boy she walked in with, I didn’t recognize him at all.

“Ugh!” I screamed in frustration.

“What’s wrong?” she asked wide eyed.

“I don’t know you people! This is so hard, why can’t I remember?” I pouted. “Well, I mean, I know why I can’t but it’s just so frustrating.”

“It’s me Monday,” the girl said, “and this is my boyfriend Jake.”

I looked over this Jake boy. He was attractive enough, short brown hair, green eyes, a strong build.

He was nothing compared to Charlie.

“So how do I know you?” I asked her.

“We’re best friends, but I don’t go to your school. We met in youth group ten years ago,” Monday told me.

“Oh,” I said blankly. And then I suddenly remembered, “Monday!”

She beamed, “You remember me now?”

“Of course I do!” I giggled. “Come here and give me a damn hug!”

Monday giggled girlishly and gave me a huge hug. “So how much do you remember now?” she asked and sat on the corner of my bed.

I thought pretty hard. “I remember trying to patch things up with Halie, but I couldn’t because I didn’t know how I feel.”

“And why were you guys in a fight in the first place?” she asked, testing me.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to remember. Memories flooded my head like a dam burst, “Because I’m dating her brother and I didn’t tell her!”

“Correct!” Monday smiled. “I’m so glad you’re okay, Shawna.”

“I am too,” I smiled back at her. I glanced at Jake who stood in the corner looking around awkwardly. I looked back at Monday and cocked my eyebrow.

“Oh! Formal introductions are in order, I do believe,” she said. “Jake this is my best friend Shawna, Shawna this is Jake. It sort of sucks that this is how you’re meeting each other for the first time.”

“Hey,” he said with a slight southern accent.

“Hello,” I said. “How are you today?”

“By the looks of it, a lot better than you are,” Jake said.

I laughed a little, “Yeah, I must look like hell.”

Monday shrugged, “No one expects you to look like a beauty queen a day after you’ve been shot.”

“Well maybe Sierra,” Jake laughed and Monday joined in.

“Who’s Sierra?” I asked.

“She’s resident evil-bitch at our school,” Monday told me. “If she ever met Halie and they became friends? Your life would be over.”

“She sounds awful,” I said wide-eyed.

“She is,” Jake assured me. “She’s always looking to start drama. Sierra tried to break me and Monday up, but as you can see, that didn’t happen.”

“I wish it did,” I said.

“What?” Monday asked, angered.

“What do you expect me to say? Jake’s all you ever talk about!” I exclaimed.

Monday’s eyes softened and she laughed, “Do I talk about him too much?”

“Nah,” I said. “I just like giving you a hard time.”

Jake walked over to Monday and started rubbing her shoulders affectionately, “Well I’m glad she talks about me. I love my sweet-tea.”

“I love you too,” she smiled up at him.

“Oh barf!” I exclaimed. “Too much love!”

“Speaking of love, how is Charlie?” Monday asked.

And as if right on queue, Charlie walked into my room and said, “I’m fine, thanks for asking.”

“Hi.” I smiled at him.

“Remember me yet?” he asked walking over and kissing me on the forehead.

“Yeah,” I said, “I remember a lot more now, Monday triggered some of my memories.”

“What? And I didn’t?” he teased.

I gave him a playful dirty look, “Charlie, you know Monday, but this is Jake her boyfriend. We’re going to have a movie date with them soon.”

“As soon as possible,” Monday smiled.

“Did you get shot too?” Jake asked.

“No, this is a result of a severe mailroom accident. I’m telling you those stamps are getting out of control,” Charlie said with a straight face.

“Sarcasm?” Jake asked.

“You’d have to be a fool to actually believe me,” he told him.

Jake laughed a little, “Nice.”

“Well, the other reason I’m here is because Halie wants to talk to you,” Charlie told me.

“Right now?” I asked.

“Right now,” he said.

“So everyone out,” Halie snarled as she walked into the room.

“Ah, the infamous Halie Harrison,” Monday said. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, I’m Monday Jackson.”

“The pleasure is all mine,” Halie tried to be nice.

Monday smiled brightly at her, “I swear to God, if you beat her up in a hospital bed? I’ll kick your ass.”

“I’d like to see you try, pipsqueak,” Halie growled.

Even though Halie towered over Monday’s short size of five-foot-five, she stood her ground.

Monday smiled and rolled her eyes, “Just because you’re a whole four inches taller than me, doesn’t give you the right to call me pipsqueak.”

“Yeah, but it does give me a right to tell you that you’re short,” she pursed her lips and crossed her arms.

“Guys, come on, Halie you came here to talk to me, not to yell at my friend,” I said.

“She’s right,” Monday said and exited the room with Jake.

“I’ll go too,” Charlie said and left the room.

It was now just Halie and me, with nothing to defend myself but with my words. I don’t have the strength to smack her, nor do I have a milk carton to throw.

The only reason I say this is because I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The feeling where you know everything is about to take another turn for the worse.

****vote//like//comment//Iloveyou♥****

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
4.7M 252K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
932K 22.6K 41
While moonlighting as a stripper, Emery Jones' mundane life takes a twisted and seductive turn when she finds herself relentlessly pursued by reclusi...