Infinity

Cookie9687 tarafından

Ivanna of Asgard. Daughter of Thor. Brave, fearless, incapable of failure- That is, until she has to prove h... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1- One Thousand Years
Chapter 2- Control is Everything
Chapter 3- NOT KING YET
Chapter 4 What is Rightfully Mine
Chapter 5 A Few Lost Souls
Chapter 6 New Beginnings (or so they say)
Chapter 7 Boots and Ants and Boots and Ants...
Chapter 8 Things Are Different Now
Chapter 9 ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Chapter 10 Welcome to New York
Chapter 11 All Out War
Chapter 12- Home
Chapter 13 Welcome To the New Age
Chapter 14 The Dark World
Chapter 15 Let it Drift Away
Chapter 16- Destination: Desolation
Chapter 17- Bitter Tongues
Chapter 18 Only One Can Stand
Chapter 19- Queen?
Chapter 20 Party Favors
Chapter 21 No Mind Let Go
Chapter 22 I Know You
Chapter 23 A Vision
Chapter 24 Until The Last Enemy Is Destroyed
Chapter 25 The Last of Them
Chapter 27 And So It Stands
Chapter 28 Unbroken
AN

Chapter 26 Paradise Lost

130 4 0
Cookie9687 tarafından

"Sorry, by Thanos you mean..?"

"The mad Titan. He killed his entire race in attempt to pursue Death. He's bad news. I have to go." I say, turning away from the screen.

"Wait! You can't just leave us-"

"He's not going to come back here. There're no more Infinity Stones. However, the other four are on Asgard. He's going to attack there next."

"Ivanna! What if-"

"Thor still protects this realm! Call him to protect you!" I say, walking out the door and onto the lawn, "Heimdall! The Bifrost!"

The guardian answers almost immediately.

The light bridge pulls me back to Asgard. Heimdall looks at me with concern.

"I haven't been able to see him for centuries. Not until now." He says, pulling his sword from the control panel.

"He wants to be found." I say, "He wants the Infinity Stones. He has two of them. He has the gauntlet." My voice wavers, I look to Amria, "Go on, head back to the castle."

She looks at me suspiciously, but then nods and heads out. I wait until she's far enough away so she can't hear me.

"Heimdall, I'm scared. I thought that Thanos was a myth. A story told to children to scare them- and now he's real... He has two of the Infinity stones... two." My hands stat shaking, "I'm terrified. How can I oppose him? I can't send an army to fight him! He'll lay them to waste! I can't fight him myself! There's no one to take my place! He'll kill me and then take the other stones... and he'll destroy the nine realms. Everyone will be dead in a matter of seconds."

"Ivanna, my dear girl, calm down." Heimdall holds up his hand, "Clear your mind. Fear is what he wants. He wants you to crumble under the pressure."

I take a breath, "Call back our commanders, I need to have a council meeting, tonight. In the dining hall, I want you there too."

"Anything else?" He asks.

"Bring my Father back for this meeting, Midgard is under his protection- he needs to be informed on the decisions made in tonight's council."

"As you wish."

"Thank you." I say, walking back up the bridge, which is relaxing. The miles of bridge making hollow clicks under my feet relax me. The light rippling off of the crystal surface is always beautiful. Asgard, the realm eternal. I hope it is eternal.

Thanos, the mad titan. Cast out as a child because he was imperfect. His purple flesh stood out amongst the purity of the other titans, with white skin that looked as soft a sheepskin. He had then met a woman, one kind enough to take him in... Death.

Death sought a champion. Thanos sought love.

He fell madly in love with her, ready to do anything to have her return the feeling; and so, he went back to his home, and slaughtered his people. All of them. Nothing was left alive, not animals, not children.

He offered his people to Death as a gift, and yet, she still refused to return his unconditional love.

He journeyed from world to world, seeking ways to bring him closer to Death, killing by the thousands, everything from flies to frost mammoths.

Death continued collecting his gifts, but gave nothing in return.

His crusade was hopeless, yet he continued on, each murderer creating madness in his head. He took joy in killing, hoping that it would bring him closer to Death, and that one day, she'd see him as the champion he was. The champion he believed himself to be.

My Father told me these stories as a child. At the time, they did nothing but provoke me into saying, "I am Ivanna of Asgard! I fear nothing!" But now, as I see the legends are true, I am fearful. I am worried.

I walk into my room, which is mostly empty anymore. What am I to tell my council? What am I to tell my generals? What am I to say?

I let out a sigh. I pace. I think. I kill the time. As sunset begins, I head toward the hall. My crown feels heavy upon my head. My feet feel like lead. I miss the days of skipping meetings because I was out riding too long- when I was just a girl destined for greatness, before I was a Princess, before I was a Queen.

I walk into the dining hall, everyone is gathered and seated. I take my place at the head of the table.

"I'm sure you're all curious as to why I've summoned you." I say, leaning forward in my chair slightly.

They all remain silent, with their eyes on me.

"Thanos has returned."

They stay silent.

"Thanos is searching for the Infinity Stones, just as I have been. However, he is not as forgiving as I am when searching. He destroyed Taneleer Tivan's collection for the Aether. HE murdered The Vision for the Mind Stone. He will stop at nothing to have all six."

"The Vision is- was one of our strongest allies." Thor says, "His body was made of that equivalent to Uru. I found it in two pieces, both of which were mangled, the Mind Stone was gone."

I nod solemnly, "Fortunately, we no longer have to worry about attacks on the other realms, because," I take a deep breath, "The other four stones are here. One is within me, the others are secured."

Sif lifts her head, "Would it not be in our best interest to transport the stones elsewhere? To hide them across the realms?"

"I'm afraid not. Thanos is in possession of an ancient artifact called 'The Infinity Gauntlet'- it would lead him straight to them- which would make him even more powerful."

"What do you suggest we do?" My Alfheim Guardian, Alvis, asks.

"If Thanos wishes to wage war on Asgard, we need to bring our soldiers here. Fortify our home, defend it! We will do as we have always done- triumph!" Jarsakr says, holding his hand in the air.

"And abandon the realms so that they may go to war amongst themselves!?"

"We need to destroy the stones-"

"We need to utilize their powers!"

"And how many people die trying to use them? It's suicide."

"Fighting Thanos isn't?"

"Silence!" I bellow across the table, "We will solve nothing by argument. We will continue to guard or realms and keep them safe from each other. The last thing we want is war between the realms. We will fortify Asgard. The only transport in and out of each realm will have to be approved by a member of the council. Keep it minimal. This is a declaration."

"And what of Thanos?"

"That is for us to decide now." I say, leaning back in my seat, "Let us discuss. Any propositions?"

"My Queen," Alvis says carefully setting his hands on the table, "Should we not attempt to create an Infinity Gauntlet of our own?"

It's not a bad idea. We've had possession of it... perhaps someone had looked at it in detail. We could do it. We have the best blacksmiths in the realms.

"Your staff holds your infinity stone, Ivanna, perhaps, we can forge another, that can hold all four at once." Thor says.

"You've been keeping the stones in Uru."

"And what makes you think we can make such a piece so soon? It took decades to create that staff! We need a solution now."

"My staff is one of a kind. We can base the design off of it, the metal won't have to be enchanted in order to be used. My staff is enchanted to be any weapon, I don't even have to say it. The thought makes it so, that requires such a large amount of magic in the metal itself... However, we've been using slight enchantments to create substantial keeps for the stones. If we take a week to create a weapon... that's plenty of time... I'm sure of it... Enough time to plan..."

"That's ridiculous, we can't produce something like that within a week."

"Then put aside the rest of the projects for it." Elof says, slamming his hand into the table, "Are you all so blind as to not see this as our most urgent issue?"

"Watch yourself, boy." A bitter faced Jarskar spits, shooting a cold glare toward Elof.

"You think you're better than me because you've been here longer?"

"I know it-"

"Stop acting as if you're children and act as generals." I say calmly, looking between the two.

They give each other cold glances before sitting back in their chairs. The rest of the council looks to me.

"Elof is right. This is our top priority. We need to start the production of this weapon."

"And if it fails?"

"Then we are no worse off than what we were." Sif says.

"What about armor production? What of our soldier's blades?" Jarskar asks.

"Those are the only things that get attention other than this weapon. Agreed?"

"Agreed." He says.

I look around the council, "Dismissed, thank you. Return to your posts. Elof, go to the blacksmith."

They all salute and leave.

I can feel the security filling inside me. They've approved of my ideas. They feel confident in this plan... or the majority of them do. I have people who will stand beside me to fight. I won't have to stand alone. I will have time to plan. I can do this.

I can do this.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

286K 12.1K 53
The Light Elves were those of young deities of nature; and the most beautiful voices and story telling. More beautiful than the Sun, the Light Elves...
1.3K 122 26
Phoebe, goddess of the moon. Has known one thing in her life, and that was the art of war. But all that seems to change when she returns to her home...
15.9K 616 34
Raina just wants to make the decisions on how her life should be, but being the princess of Vanaheim makes that impossible. Queen Allise has already...
3K 128 32
The destruction of Asgard plagues Thor's thoughts, while the god continued to search the Nine Realms for answers on the Infinity Stones. However, the...