The Robinsons

By TerriAshFlow

The drama-filled lives of Drew Robinson and his family. The long-term battle between his wife, Alexandra and... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 35

238 25 4
By TerriAshFlow

"How dare you send me to that woman!" Candice snapped as she spoke through her phone.

"What woman?"

"Your little friend! Gloria Fontenot!" She yelled.

"What did she do? What happened?" He asked. He wanted to know why she was so upset.

"Your little friend is married!"

He frowned from confusion. "What?"

"She's married to Sean!"

"She's married to Sean?" He questioned.

"Did you know?"

"I knew she was married, but I never met her husband." He answered.

Candice cried.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm in the car."

"Where? Can you come to the office?" He asked.

"No! I'm not going to your office, I'm going home."

"Okay, I'm gonna stop by." He said.

"No! Don't come by, don't call me, don't send anyone by, just let me be."

"Candy, listen," he put on a serious tone, "you're going through things and you don't need to by alone. I'm gonna come by the house once I get off of work. You don't need to be alone right now."

She let out a breath and tears flowed.

"I'll call you in about forty-five minutes. Okay?"

She didn't respond.

"Love you."

"Love you too." She responded lowly before ending the call.

She drive around for almost two hours before she finally went home.

When Derrick came over, he brought Angel with him.

"Now tell me what happened?" He asked.

"What happened is that bastard is married! How could you do that to me?"

"What did I do? I didn't know he was married."

"To her! He's married to her!" She exclaimed.

Derrick had a focused look on his face. He was trying to think if he'd ever seen Gloria's husband but he hasn't. "I knew she was married, but never knew who her husband was."

"How on earth did I miss that?" Candice slapped her forehead three times.

"Sweetie, don't beat yourself up about it."Angel said. "I know it's hard but this is something that you have to face that is real and move on from."

Candice looked at Angle as if she were crazy. "Just move on? Just like that?"

"It's all you can really do. And we'll be here every step of the way to help you with that."

"I don't need your help." Candice said.

"You're gonna need someone here for you."

"I don't! The only thing I need is to make sure he pays for this."

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"He's not gonna get away with this and go on to live some happy little life with his wife."

"Candy, please don't go do something stupid."

"He played me, Derrick! He played me like a damn fool and I was just so stupid." Candice cried. Her tears became uncontrollable and she sobbed until Angel wrapped her arms around her and squeezed her tight.

"Sweetie, everything is going to be okay." Angel stroked her back. "We're gonna help you get through this."

Derrick couldn't stand to see his sister hurt like this so he stood afar from them.

He normally didn't know much about his sister's love life. But since he he'd met seen before, they were like friends. However, Gloria was someone he knew since college. They weren't always in touch, but for the last several years, he knew she was married but never met her husband before.

Seeing how this has impacted his sister, he wanted to get to the bottom of things and figure out how to fix it.

He stepped to the door, "I'll be back."

"Babe," Angle said lightly, still comforting her sister-in-law, where are you going?

"Need to make a call." He said, walking out the apartment.

Looking through his contacts, he called Gloria. There was no answer, so he left a voicemail.

After spending hours at Candice's house, Angel and Derrick left. Candice slept the night away and when she woke, she'd hope that it was all a nightmare but it was real.

She called Sean but his phone was going to voicemail. It was unreal that this was happening to her.

Of all the men she'd been with, her relationship with Sean was the one that she thought she'd marry him, but her world with him took a quick turn.

Angel stayed with her until she cried herself to sleep.

Derrick was outside his sister's apartment on the phone.

"Glo?" He said once Gloria answered the phone.

"Hi, you!" She sounded a bit excited. "How are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine. How about yourself?"

"Just fine."

"You know, I'm glad you called. I wanted to tell you that your sister stopped by a while back. We didn't get too far in our session before she randomly stormed out."

"She's been in a bad space lately." He said. "But we're still being as supportive as possible."

"Continue to do that because that's what she needs. She's more than welcome to stop by again whenever she's ready."

"I won't push it with her,"

"Oh no, definitely give her some time." Gloria unintentionally cut him off.

"Oh yea. We're just gonna see how it goes over time." He said. "But I was calling to ask you something."

"What's up?"

"My wife and I have extra tickets to an art show for tomorrow night and I was thinking I could invite you and your husband. Would you two like to go?" He asked.

"I'd love to go!" Gloria sounded excited. "I'll double check with my husband. I'm sure he's not gonna be busy."

"Okay good."

"I'll give him a call right now, so I'll call later on to give a response."

"Okay, that's fine."

"Talk to you later."

When it was time for him and Angel to leave It was almost seven at night. They'd been there for a few hours and it didn't seem like it.

As they were preparing for bed, Derrick was telling Angel about his plan and his phone call to Gloria.

"I don't think we should get involve in it." Angel commented. "It's your sister's situation and us getting this involved in it doesn't make it better."

"That fool hurt my sister so I'm gonna hurt him just as bad. In front of his wife."

"Then I'm not going to this little show tomorrow night. I'll stay home."

"Angel..."

"No! I'm not going. We shouldn't be this involved. What are you gonna do? Just flat out tell his wife? That's so disrespectful, Derrick."

"She needs to know."

"I'm all for not making her look like a fool, but just to kind of humiliate her doesn't do anything."

"It's not to humiliate her." He said. "I need for him to see that this is no joke."

"It's not, but how about you go to him as a man. Don't try to get everyone involved."

He sighed. He hated when his wife had to talk him out of things, but he loved her for that. She was always right about why he shouldn't do the things he wanted to do and it always saved them some drama.

"Okay, I'm not going to do anything stupid. I promise."

She motioned her body to get more comfortable in their bed.

He wrapped his arm around her torso and pulled her closer. "Will you still go to the show with me, please?"

"Of course I'm going. It is Alex's show, why wouldn't I go?"

"I said, with me." He playfully bit her arm.

She giggled. "Okay. I'll go with you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 98 42
When Evelyn Graham is asked to perform a complicated surgery on a new patient, she never imagined HIM. He's British. He's Demanding. And he refuses...
2.5M 52.4K 43
I left him. I never thought in a million years I would be the one to walk, but I was. I left the man I was madly in love with, I had no idea where I...
72.3K 4.8K 52
Dana is 16 living with her mom, dad, niece, and her big sister. Her father has been sleeping with her for three years because his wife hasn't been do...
1.1M 31.3K 27
Justice is a runaway and has spent most of her life out on the streets, scrounging for money and food until she's taken in by Dominic, a prime Drug L...