So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 |...

By omgchele

Between juggling the struggles of being a teen parent, going to a new school in a new neighborhood, being rid... More

So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 {Synopsis}
Copyright Notice
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Update PLEASE READ!!
Chapter 12
Leaving?
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Published Book Covers
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - THE END

Chapter 11

13.8K 484 446
By omgchele

I'm trying out this new media thing Wattpad added, so I'll be trying to add images and stuff throughout the chapter so I won't have to be like so and so is in the MM and y'all have to go all the way back up to the beginning of the chapter to see e picture. lol But I just turned in my senior quote the other day, which took a long time to find. My parents liked this quote over "Follow me through the pathway of success." lol And here it is:

Andre

I reached over and grabbed the blunt out of Sean's hand before taking a hit. I deeply inhaled the smoke and let it fill my lungs before blowing the smoke out through my nose. I leaned back into the couch and watched the strippers put on a private show for us while I took another hit of the blunt, but this time I held the smoke in before passing it back to Sean, who was eager to take his hit.

Sean took a puff before looking over at me, "You sure wifey ain't gon' be mad I kept you out all night?"

I shook my head, finally releasing the smoke I was holding in. As soon as I released it, I felt a lot more relaxed and calm than I was before. My eyes closed just a little bit but they didn't close tot he point where I couldn't see. They were closed just enough so that everything looked foggy around me. "Nah, she's cool with it," I replied. "What about your girl?"

He chuckled. "You know I'm a free agent nigga. I don't have time for these bitches. I don't see how you do it, being all tied down by these girls and getting married on top of that? Hell nah," he shook his head. "I like to dib and dab into other women."

"That shit gets old after awhile, especially when you know who you wanna be with."

"There's millions of females in the world, I don't ever see myself getting tied down to just one of them."

"But with the way you get around, I can see why you can't choose just one," I said making him laugh but I was serious.

I've been cool with Sean for about a year now and we've gone to parties together. Every time we leave, he's leaving with a pocket full of numbers and he's slept with at least one girl at the party because he likes to run this game on them about how he's the president of a fraternity chapter. He's been running that same line for the longest, and I still have yet to see him do anything with a fraternity. I just can't believe these dumb girls fall for it though, and actually spread their legs for a nigga they're just meeting.

"Nigga, whatever. At least I'm not stuck on one girl. I bet she ain't even that fine though."

I smacked my lips. "You already know she is. Finer than all the broads you ever hollered at nigga."

"What she look like any ways? All this time I've known you and you've still never shown me what she looks like or how she is. What's her name anyways?"

"Lindsey."

He smirked as soon as I said that. "I know a Lindsey. I haven't talked to her in a minute but boy, the box was good on that one. She was a little crazy, but the crazy the better," he laughed. "I met her at one of the parties, macked her up a bit and I went down on her fine ass."

My eyes widened. "You went down on a random bitch? Nigga, that's fowl."

I couldn't imagine myself picking up some dirty broad at a club and just immediately going down on her. He didn't know that girl for shit, and immediately went down on her the first chance he got. It's a wonder he doesn't have any diseases putting his mouth all over these dumb broads.

He chuckled. "Man I know what you thinking but that's the first time I ever did that on the first night of meeting a girl."

I just nodded my head but I was shaking my head on the inside. I know that wasn't the first time he's ever done anything like that, but I'll let him continue lying. "Oh, aight..."

"And she was sexy as hell. I just couldn't pass that up. She had a nice lil ass and some big titties. Her titties were like pillows. You know the kind I'm talking about," he laughed, making me laugh too.

If I didn't know any better, I would've thought he was talking about my Lindsey. She doesn't have much of an ass, just enough to grab on, but God did bless her chest. Lindsey was sitting with double D's and they're soft, just like a pillow. But I knew he wasn't talking about my Lindsey. She never goes out to any parties, especially any that he'd go to and she definitely wouldn't let a nigga like Sean hit on the first night. Lindsey is a lot of things but she has more respect for herself than that.

"But yeah, I went down on her and that was the last I ever heard from her. I could've sworn she was trying to fuck me behind her dorm building a few nights later but I can't remember nigga. I was drunk and high at the same time so most of that night was a blur. The crazy part was, I woke up behind the building the next afternoon and I think got in a fight. I was all fucked up that next day."

"Damn. Behind the building though?" I shook my head. "These hoes ain't shit nowadays."

Sean nodded his head. "On God, you ain't lying. I swear if I ever see that bitch again I'm gon say something to her for just walking away from me without saying shit. I mean, how can one random chick just disappear? Like she just vanished from campus and when I ask about her, don't nobody know who I'm talking about."

I scrunched up my face. "You sure you wasn't dreaming when you went down on her?"

He looked over at me for a second before shrugging his shoulders. "I thought it was real, but at this point, I don't even know no more. Maybe I'm dreaming or just going crazy, shit, I don't know fam," he said as he took another drag on the blunt before passing it my way. "I gotta lay off this shit. I think it's making me lose my mind."

I laughed and looked down at the blunt in my fingers. Maybe he was right about this shit making him lose his mind. I mean, who would sleep with a nigga like him behind a building? I get he was drunk and high but what was he smoking on that made him not remember not one thing from that night? When I'm drunk and high, I don't completely black out. I still have some type of control over myself. I shook my head and passed the blunt his way, without taking a puff. He rolled it, so there's no telling what he put in it but I don't want any parts of it.

I dusted off my pants before I stood up, ready to go home. "Hey, I'm about to head out Sean."

He nodded his head as he took another drag on the blunt. "A'ight. I get wifey wants you home," he chuckled. "But when am I gonna meet this chick? After what you said about her, it's making me wanna meet her. Let me come through and see her."

I shook my head. "I don't know, I don't think that's a good idea. She just got out the hospital a few weeks ago and she really needs her rest," I replied. It's not that Lindsey just got out of the hospital or that she needs her rest, it's that I didn't want him around her. I know the type of nigga I'm dealing with, and he's the type of nigga I keep a far distance from my girl and my family. I'll chill with him and kick it with him but he's not coming around my family, especially Lindsey.

I gave him some dap before I walked out of the club into the bitterly cold night. I crossed my arms around my body as I walked through the parking lot, trying to get to my car but I slowed down once I saw someone leaned up against my car. I squinted my eyes trying to get a good look at the person but it was too dark on this side of the parking lot. I don't know who it was but I was about to say something to them.

"Aye, what'chu doing all up on my car nigga?" I asked, approaching the person.

The guy stood up straight. "Oh, my bad."

"Can I help you? Why you over here?" I asked him.

"You Andre Harrington?"

I folded my arms. "That depends. Who's asking?" The guy pulled the hood from over his head and I almost shit my pants once I saw my Dad. I scrunched up my face. "D-Dad," I stammered. "What are you doing here and why are you questioning me like you don't know who I am?"

"Well, I barely know who you are anymore son. You don't answer any of me or your mother's calls. The only way we ever hear from you is when you need something from us. And you still haven't told us about what happened to you staying in Atlanta. I had to hear it through Sister Sincere that you and Lindsey were married and you moved her into the apartment we set you up in and you're taking care of children now. So, yeah, of course I don't know who my son is anymore. He's changed up on me."

I sighed. "I haven't changed. I'm just busy."

He turned his nose up as he looked behind me at the strip club I was in. "Busy being in a dirty brothel like this with women parading around naked and committing sinful crimes? And you smell like Cannabis, and I know it's not for medical purposes, so why do you smell like it? And why can I smell the alcohol on your breath from way over here? That sure is the demeanor of someone's who's too busy to talk to his parents that are still paying his tuition to an expensive historically black college. How much did you drink?"

I sighed. "I'm still in school, it's just online. And I only had a few shots."

"You drunk?"

"No," I replied. I was a little tipsy but I wasn't gonna admit that to him. I could still make out what's going on around me, so I'm good. "I'm not even tipsy, I'm completely sober. I can hold my liquor."

"You shouldn't even be drinking liquor. It's the devil's juice."

I sighed. "See, but then you and Mama wonder why I barely speak to y'all. Every time I do or say something, y'all always gotta preach to me about how the Lord wouldn't like what I'm doing. Y'all can be preachers on Sunday and all throughout the week, but I'm your son, can you please turn off preacher-mode and turn on Dad-mode? Damn. I don't even feel like I'm talking to my parents."

He sighed. "I'm just trying to teach you what's right and wrong, and coming here, drinking, smoking, having tattoo's, having sex out of wedlock and ignoring your parents is wrong."

"Y'all taught me the first 18 years of my life the difference between right and wrong, and every year since then y'all keep drilling it in. I know. I know. I know," I groaned. "I'm 26 years old, I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions, and if I can't, then that's when I need you and Mama to get involved. I don't need help right now."

He folded his arms and cocked his head to the side. "Alright, well have you found a job yet?"

I sighed. "No."

"Are you even looking?"

"Obviously," I replied. "I look everyday for jobs."

"And?"

"I submit my resume and nothing. Nobody wants a 26 year old college student."

"Then why don't you go into the family business?"

"I don't want to be a pastor," I replied.

"Why not? You enjoy doing it."

"That time you forced me to do it one Sunday, I didn't enjoy doing it. You and Mama enjoy doing it, but I don't."

He sighed. "Alright, then what do you enjoy doing?"

"I told you I want to be an Anesthesiologist."

"I'm aware of that but what do you plan on doing in the mean time?"

"Find a job," I replied. "I'm already aware of what I need to do and I've been doing it. Nothing has been coming through but I have an internship this summer, so that'll bring in some money."

He nodded his head. "Alright, I guess I can't complain with that but I know you're lying to me about applying to jobs. Something has to come through, based on the number of resumes you claimed you've submitted. I want you to put your all into finding a job so you can support your family. Speaking of, how's Lindsey doing?"

"Fine," I mumbled.

"Where's she at right now?"

"Home."

"Why aren't you there?"

I sighed. "Because I wanted to go out and get some drinks with a friend of mine. What's so bad about that?"

"You should be at home with your wife and kids. Speaking of kids, when are you and Lindsey going to have some children or your own?"

"No time soon," I replied. "We're still young and we have too much going on right now to bring another child into the world. Can I go now? She's expecting me to be home soon."

He sighed as he stepped away from my car so I could get in. I rolled the window down as soon as I was in my seat and buckled up. "You know, I know you don't want to go into the family business or help out around the church but you should consider it. And the first way to consider it is to stop coming to sinful places like strip clubs, remove yourself from evil acts and repent for all the damage you've caused over the years like getting tattoo's, cursing, drinking, smoking and not respecting your parents. I know a place that does tattoo removals for a reasonable price. Would you like their information?"

I shook my head, over this conversation. "Dad, I really need to go."

"I understand," he stepped away from my car. "Try to give me or your mother a call one of these days. She missed you."

I rolled up my window before quickly pulling out of the parking lot. If I was high earlier, having that conversation with my Dad quickly blew it. I don't know what his issue is. I tell him I'm looking for jobs to try to support my family like everybody wants me to do, and yet he still finds something to complain and nag about. Then he wonders why I never talk to him and my Mama. It's for a reason. They're both the same way and always on me about the little shit I do that's really not that important, and it's annoying. The older I get, the more and more I tend to drift away from them. They're gonna look up in a few years and they'll lose all communication with me acting the way they are.

Theodore III

It was dark by the time Jaz and I got to Aubrey's Dad's house since we got lost for two hours. At this point, I just wanted to turn back around and go home but we made it too far to just turn around now. We're at his house, so we might as well go in and just talk to him so we can get it over with. Jaz pulled up in the driveway and turned off her car before looking around.

"This place isn't safe," she mumbled, watching the prostitutes that were walking in and out of Mr. Johnson's house. "You think we should go back?"

"No. Let's go in," I replied.

I guess I was just used to this place since I've been down here before. I was afraid the first time I came down here but I'm not as afraid anymore, especially since Mama got me going to school in Compton. This is just like where I go to school, so none of this frightens me anymore. I've learned that nothing will happen to me as long as I keep to myself don't bother anyone else. For me, that's easy but I don't know about Jaz. I know how much she likes to run her mouth.

Once Jaz helped me out of the car and into my wheelchair, she rolled me up on the front porch before knocking on the screen door. Almost as soon as we knocked, a girl pulled the door open. She was light skinned, tall and had braids down to her butt but what shocked me the most was that she wasn't wearing any clothes. She was completely naked.

"What's up? Can I help y'all?" she asked, popping her gum.

"Um, is Mr. Johnson around?" Jaz asked before I could say anything.

The girl scrunched up her face. "Who is you talin' 'bout?"

"The guy that lives here," she replied.

"Who's asking?"

"Aubrey's girlfriend and friend."

The girl smirked as she looked Jaz up and down. "Oh, so you're dating my little boo. Hm, I should've known. He always likes his girls to look how you look. Dark skin, nice hair and controlling. You're totally his type."

Jaz scrunched up her face. "Excuse me?"

The girl rolled her eyes. "Never mind. Hold on."

She closed the door and Jaz turned to me. "What was that supposed to mean?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Ion know. You know, sometimes y'all females like to say shit to each other to make each other jealous. Instead of being worried about her, you need to be talking to Aub about how he can hook me up with her. She's bad," I smiled.

Jaz shook her head. "And you were just hugged up on Majesty before we got here and she's naked. Of course she's gonna look good when she's naked and super skinny. I look better than her, don't I? You don't think Aubrey was with that girl before me or while we were on a break, do you? Did he ever tell you about a girl like her? Does she look better than me or something?"

"Nah, you look fine Jaz. That girl ain't got nothing on you."

She took a deep breath. "Are you sure?"

I nodded my head. "Mhmm."

"Or are you just saying that because you're my friend?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

Jaz scoffed as she her the locks on the door shifting. All of a sudden, the girl pulled the door open dressed in a floor length robe and smiled at us. "Donny is ready for y'all." She stepped to the side and allowed Jaz and I to come into the home, which looked a lot better on the inside than it did on the outside.

The outside looked like a house that had been through hell. The roof was falling apart, the lawn wasn't mowed and the paint on the house was chipping badly but the inside reflected something completely different. Even though the inside was filled with clothes, shoes, jewelry and other things it was neatly organized into separate sections  throughout the house, almost as if this was a warehouse for a big name designer.

A guy walked up to us and I knew it was Aubrey's Dad. He looked exactly like Aubrey, only he was a little bit short, a lot older and a whole lot bigger.   But aside from that, they could've been twins.

"What's up? I heard y'all was looking for me. Y'all owe me some money or do I owe y'all some money?" he questioned, looking in between Jaz and I.

"Nah there's not money involved. My name is Theodore and this is Jaz. We're friends of Aubrey's."

He nodded his head. "Okay and where's my son at? I ain't speak to him in months since he thinks he's too good to come around me. Where he been at?"

Jaz shrugged her shoulders. "We don't  know, that's why we came to you. He's been gonna for a few days and nobody's heard from him or seen him anywhere. He hasn't even been at school and we thought maybe you knew where he disappeared to."

He shook his head. "Nah, I don't talk to him no more but I'll try to keep an eye out for him. But how can I get in contact with y'all if I do find him? Can I get your number baby girl?" he asked Jaz.

Jaz scrunched up her face. "I'm Aubrey's girlfriend."

Mr. Johnson shrugged his shoulders. "So? Ion mind sharing."

"Well, I'm not one of your hoes and I'm not going to be shared. Like we said when we first got over here, if you hear from Aubrey then give us a call and if not, don't get in contact with us."

I shook my head. "You can just have my number," I suggested but he shook his head.

"Nah I want her number."

"I don't have a phone," Jaz replied.

Mr. Johnson smirked. "Everybody got a phone baby girl. Why you lying?"

"There's nothing to lie about. I don't have a phone." Jaz pulled out the pockets on her jeans and jacket and showed that she didn't have a phone even though I knew she did. She had her phone down on her boot.

"Oh," he mumbled.

"Congratulations, you played yourself," Jaz shook her head.

That comment alone made Mr. Johnson smile. "Damn I like em feisty. And I can see that my son does too. It's all good though baby girl. I'll let you waste your time with little boys like my son but whenever you ready for a real nigga and a job, you can always hit me up and you can guarantee I'm gon put you in a good position here so you workin right along so yours truly."

I shook my head. "Can I give you my number or what?" I spoke up.

"Sure but you can work for me too. I can find a spot around here for you kid."

"No thanks, I'm good," I said as we exchanged numbers.

"How you get in a wheelchair anyways?"

"I got into a little altercation, that's all," I replied.

"So why you in a wheelchair?"

"I'm paralyzed."

"Damn," he laughed. "Make sure my son don't get too caught up with you. You done went and fucked your life up kid but don't fuck my sons life up too. He's got a hot little girlfriend and he's on the pathway to success. You should be taking notes from him and learning how to live a good life."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I got parents to lecture me, I don't need somebody else's parent trying to do the same thing. Just worry about finding your son, I'm gon be good."

"Sure," he sarcastically replied. "If y'all don't plan on debuting nothing from me, then y'all can leave. Especially you. How fast can you move in your wheelchair?"

I frowned. "Fuck you and your dead relatives."

He smirked. "I hope you know everyone would appreciate it if you just killed yourself. And your parents probably lecture you because they're ashamed of you because you were the biggest mistake of their lives. I don't know what I'd do if I had a child like you. And I'm glad your sister got raped, and I hope the same thing happens to you."

"I hope you croak and die slowly. And once you die I hope no one comes to your funeral, not even your children who are embarrassed by you. You're a 50 something year old man still trying to run a 20 year old mans business. Fuckin fat slob. Let's go Jaz."

Jaz and I quickly and quietly exited Mr. Johnson's as he continued to throw low blows at me but I wasn't even listening anymore. I don't know what suddenly made him flip and start attacking me but I didn't come here to be insulted. I only came here in search of his son, that he didn't even know was missing. Jaz and I got into her car and she drove all the way back to Los Angeles with me in silence.

I have nothing else to say after what Mr. Johnson said about me being a mistake. I know I shouldn't think too much into what he said but I can't but think of the truth in his statement. Of course in the back of my mind, I always figured I was my parents biggest disappointment and biggest mistake but I never could come to terms with it. But hearing Mr. Johnson say it, furthered my thoughts and bought some truth to what I had been thinking about and feeling for months now.

We were back to my place in no time since Jaz didn't get lost. Jaz helped me out of the car before we both went our separate ways. She drove off towards her house while I pushed myself into the lobby of the apartments. I pushed myself up to the elevator and got inside of it, letting it take me up to Lindsey and Andre's condo. As soon as the elevator doors opened, I saw Lindsey and Andre sitting at the kitchen table eating.

Andre turned around and looked me up and down. "Where the hell you been at? You can't answer your phone or something?"

I ignored his comments as I pushed myself into the kitchen so I could eat and go to bed. I really didn't have time for him or anybody else that wanted to give me a hard time today. I'm already under enough stress as it is. I grabbed a plate out of the cabinet and pushed myself over tot he stove for food but I didn't find any. I scrunched up my face and looked over at the empty counters. Where's the food at?"

"Where's the food?" I asked, looking around.

"Can you answer me first?" Andre asked. "You were supposed to be home hours ago, but now you're strolling in at ten at night and it's a school night. Where the hell have you been?"

I continued to ignore him as I turned to Lindsey. "Linds, where's the food at? I'm hungry."

"Where have you been? I've been calling you all afternoon."

"My phone died," I replied.

"Well why didn't you come home hours ago? You know I told you I don't want you out roaming the streets at all hours of the night."

"I wasn't roaming the streets."

"Then what were you doing?" Andre jumped in.

"I was with a friend."

"Who?" he asked.

"Don't worry about who I'm with. It's none of your business."

Lindsey sighed. "Look, I don't care about who you're hanging out with as long as you aren't doing something you're not supposed to. And I don't want you out late at night without calling and telling me where you're at. Alright?"

I nodded my head. "Alright."

"And on school nights, I want you home by six and no later."

"Okay," I replied. "Where's the food?"

"Well, I didn't make dinner because you were supposed to come to dinner with us tonight. We went out to Red Lobster but you stood us up. I'm sure there's something you can put together though. But before you do that, I need to talk to you."

"About what?"

She looked over at Andre. "In private."

"I'm leaving," he mumbled. He grabbed his plate of leftovers before walking out of the kitchen and back to their bedroom. 

"What's up?" I asked, pushing myself towards Lindsey.

"Well, I was with Daddy all day and we kind of talked about how you and Daniel would be staying here with me, forever, I guess. Well until you go off to college an--"

I cut her off. "Please don't tell me I have to go back home."

She shook her head. "No, not that but Daddy convinced me that it was a good idea to tell Daniel the truth about me being his mother."

"Well, did you?"

She nodded her head. "Yes."

My eyes widened. Never did I think Lindsey would have enough courage to tell Daniel the truth. Based on how long she was keeping it a secret from him, I just assumed she was never gonna tell him the truth. "Wait, you for real? How'd he take it?"

"He took it pretty well, actually. I feel like he took it too well though. He didn't cry about it, which was kind of shocking and he understood everything. The only time he cried was when he talked about Victoria hating him. I told him the truth because I didn't want him thinking somebody hates him but he still thinks she hates him. And I think she does too. She's so mean."

I nodded my head. "Oh, I know," I sarcastically replied. "I know for a fact that she doesn't hate Daniel. If anything, he might be her favorite out of all of us. I don't know how she feels about you but I know she can stomach Isaiah. I think the only reason she stomachs him is to keep peace between her and Dad, but I know, deep down, she doesn't like Isaiah, mainly because of his mother and how he's Dad's first born. She thinks she should've had all of his kids, especially his first born and first son. The only people I know she genuinely hates are me and Dad, hands down."

"Oh yeah, she definitely hates him but I don't think she hates you."

"She does. She tells me all the time that she does."

"Oh, never mind then," she mumbled.

"But I wouldn't stress too much over her. She goes through these moods every few years or so. She'll lose her mind for a few months, something tragic will happen and she'll get it together. You should just be like me and stay out of her way. That's the safest thing to do."

She nodded her head. "Alright, I'll take that into consideration. I have one more thing to talk about too."

"Yeah?"

"I know you don't want anyone trying to control you or boss you around, particularly Andre, but I'm gonna really need you to show him some respect. I'm gonna talk to him about the way he speaks to you but you need to be a little bit more respectful too."

"I'm burned out Lindsey."

"Don't you think we are too?" she asked. "All you have to do is go to school and therapy everyday. Andre's looking for jobs to support you and the rest of us, he's still in school, he's taking you and Daniel to and from school everyday and to top it off, he has to come home to you being disrespectful, selfish and ungrateful everyday. I know you're hurting and I know you're sick of being in the wheelchair but we're all sick of hearing you complain and wallow in self-pity. You need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep it moving. I don't wanna hear you complaining 24/7 and I want you to be nicer and more respectful to Andre. You respect me, why can't you do the same to Andre?"

"Because I don't like him trying to be my Dad. I already have one that I don't like, I don't need another."

"No, you just don't want anybody checking you but if you keep this up, you'll be moving back in with Daddy and Victoria. I already have enough on my hands dealing with Daniel, I don't need you acting like you're five years old anymore. I need you to act like the mature young man you want to be tried like and then maybe things will change. Do I make myself clear?"

I nodded my head. "Crystal clear your highness."

"And cut the sarcasm, it's rude," she replied.

"Alright. Can I get something to eat now?"

"No you can't. After everything I just said, you're still worried about eating. You know what, you can go to bed tonight. There will be food in the morning."

I scrunched up my face. "Are you serious? I'm starving."

"Well you should've thought about that before you stayed out past your curfew."

"Whatever," I mumbled. I turned my wheelchair around and pushed myself out of the kitchen as quickly as my wheelchair would go. Denying me food. Casting me off to my bedroom. And demanding respect sound all too familiar. Lindsey sounds too much like Victoria right now.

Sincere

I know Effrin's gonna kill me for doing this but I just can't sit around knowing somebody who's basically apart of our family is trapped in my basement, tied up and should be in the hospital. I looked through Effrin's phone one night while he was asleep and found the number to the doctor he called to check up on Aubrey everyday. That next morning, Effrin went to church while I called the doctor and he was over the house in no time.

"So, what can I do for you Mrs. McDonald?" Doctor Nelson asked as he checked over Aubrey.

He killed me to see him slumped over in this chair everyday. There's no telling what type of damage is occurring to his body with just leaving him hear like this but today will be his last day here. Doctor Nelson will be taking Aubrey's body with him today when he goes up tot he hospital since Effrin didn't want to listen to me. 

"I need you to take this boy this boy tot he hospital."

Doctor Nelson looked away from his stethoscope and up at me. "With all due respect ma'am, I work for your husband and his orders were to check him everyday and make sure his vitals are good unless told other wise."

"And you're being told other wise," I retorted.

"Other wise according to King. He's my boss and he's paying me. All I'm trying to do is my job. I'm not trying to get involved in any of the extra shit that's going on between the two of y'all. King asked me to check his vitals, and that's what I'm doing."

I folded my arms, looking him up and down. "So why'd you come?"

"It's my job ma'am."

"No, you only come when King tells you to come but today I called you about coming over. You knew I was planning something, or else I wouldn't have called and asked for your assistance. So please enlighten me on why you came if you knew I had ill intentions?"

"I didn't know you had ill intentions. Honestly, I didn't put much thought into it when I got a call from you about this. I just figured King didn't get a chance to call me and had you do it instead. I wasn't all into the conversation we were having earlier ma'am."

"That's a got damn lie because if you weren't involved in the conversation, you wouldn't have remembered the place I told you to meet me at so King wouldn't catch you coming into the house without his permission. I swear, I hate liars," I shook my head. "And I really hate niggas that can't keep their word. I wouldn't have called you if I didn't need something, and I think you're smart enough to know that. So either you take the body up to the hospital today or you ain't walking out of here the same way you walked in. Your choice," I folded my arms.

He sighed. "Why me? Why do I have to go behind King's back and do something he specifically told me not to do?"

"Because I'm his wife and my decision trumps whatever he told you," I replied. "Now will you please untie this boy and take him tot he hospital?"

"And say what? Don't you think it's gonna look crazy for me to just drop him off at the hospital with cleaned wounds and wounds that have been healing for days now with bandages on them?" he asked. "That won't look suspect to you?"

I slightly shrugged my shoulders. "Oh it definitely would look suspect but it would look really suspect if you were in the same position as him: gun shot wounds, tied up and unconscious for days. I'm not afraid to do it. There's a gun down here that I'm not afraid to use if that means getting my point across to a hard headed ass nigga. Now what do you say Doctor?" I asked, causing him to sigh.

"What's in it for me?"

"You don't have to keep coming over here everyday."

"I don't mind it since I'm getting paid everyday."

"How much?" I folded my arms. 

"Enough," he smiled.

"The price nigga, what is it?"

"Oh, well to pay for gas, to use my tools and my knowledge, to get the medication and to keep my mouth closed, King pays me a grand a day."

I scrunched up my face. I knew Effrin would be paying this guy but I didn't think he'd be paying him a thousand dollars each day to do the same thing. All he does is give Aubrey a quick glance over before claiming everything's fine with him. He doesn't deserve that type of money for doing something so easy and minuscule.

"Well, how about I double your pay for the day if that means you take him to the hospital, come up with a lie about what happened to him, and for you to walk away as if none of this even happened. Meaning, forget how you'd come over here and check him, forget that you even dropped him off at the hospital, forget it all. Including this conversation. How does that sound?"

"Fair enough but I want you to triple my money."

"Alright," I agreed, even though I knew he wasn't one to be trusted. Being around Effrin for the majority of my life, I've learned not to trust too many people and this guy just doesn't seem trustworthy. He can think he's getting away with tripling his pay but he's too easily persuaded and money hungry for me. I'll let him live his life for another week before I get one of Effrin's friends to handle him and get my money, plus interest for dealing with his attitude, back. "When do you think you'll be able to get this body out of here?"

"Right now, if you want me to."

"I'd like it out as soon as possible," I replied.

"I'll start working on it Mrs. McDonald."

I smiled. "Thank you Doctor Nelson. I'm glad you could see things my way."

"As do I Mrs. McDonald."

I turned around and rolled my eyes before taking a seat across from them so I could actually watch him get this done. I want this whole process to be clean and precise. I don't want any mistakes, like the police getting involved or Effrin finding out I'm doing this behind his back. I just want Doctor Nelson to get this done quickly because the quicker he gets this done, the easier it'll be for one of Effrin's friends to get rid of him.

~~~

Comment. Vote. Add to your Reading List. Share.

300+ Comments.

How did you guys feel about this chapter? How do you guys feel about Sincere going behind Effrin's back to remove Aubrey's body? Is she doing the right thing? Was it wrong for Lindsey to send Theodore to bed without eating? Should he show Andre more respect? How do you guys feel about Aubrey's Dad and about what he said to Theodore? How do you guys feel about Andre's relationship with his father and his friendship with Sean?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 13.4K 46
Growing up in the hood isn't easy . Murders , shootouts , drugs , prostitutes and dope boys are normal . Imagine being sucked in the gritty at just s...
2.2M 47.6K 51
With a career on the line and a fiancee at home, Theodore doesn't have time for anymore of the games he used to run back in high school especially wi...
1.7M 33.4K 29
Follow the trials and tribulations of the infamous couple of Sincere and Effrin, who had their troubling times in the kingdom of Compton, California...
1.5M 39.4K 47
All grown up and all matured, Victoria and Theodore have so much to look back on. After separating themselves from each other for an extended period...