Unnoticed

By someone123

Michelle has always been unnoticed to the love of her life, Nate. Isn't it obvious she wants to be more than... More

Unnoticed: Prologue
Unnoticed: Chapter 2
Unnoticed: Chapter 3: New Beginnings
Unnoticed Chapter 4
Unnoticed: Chapter 5
Unnoticed Chapt. 6 *Final Chapter*
Unnoticed Epilogue

Unnoticed: Chapter 1

1K 13 5
By someone123

Sorry about the prologue. I thought the /par thingy was supposed to be there. turns out not. Well this is the official First Chapter! I hope you enjoy!

------------------

I sat up on my bed, pushing the covers off of my legs. I sat there looking out the window, the sunlight streaming in. Would today be another day to get through? Would Nathan EVER notice me? I sighed. I had to stop obsessing. Whenever I watched films or shows where I woman would cry over a guy I'll always tell myself "I'd never let a man make me feel like that, never," so what am I doing? I shook my head, hoping those thoughts would be shaken away. My bare feet touched my warm yellow carpet as I stood. I walked into the bathroom preparing myself for the day.

*Beep* *Beep*

"Yeah! I'll be out in a minute!" I called out, "Bye ma!" I said running out the door.

"Hey, James," I greeted.

"'Sup, Shell," he replied.

James and I carpooled ever since he got his Ps. Ever since, he has been showing off to us (mainly me though since he only picks and drops me off) that he could drive. HIs car was pretty old and cramped but it beat the bus anyday! He also repainted it so it wasn't really that bad.

We arrive at school 10 minutes before the bell would ring.

"Thanks, James. I'll see you at . . . ugghh, sport," I said as I took out my timetable. I've had the same timetable since the start of the year but I still couldn't remember what I had next. It was mainly the reason why I hate highschool. It's sooo confusing!

He smiled and nodded and we seperated ways to our lockers.

I reached my locker without any hassle. 'Hassle' being bumping into Ashley Miller with/or her posse of fembots. I reached in and grabbed my books. I turned around and oh, HASSLE. I rolled my eyes and pushed through the girls. I could feel one of the girl's death stares boring into the back of my head. Then the bell rang.

First I had history with Mr. Hansen. The only friend (?) I ad in that class was Izzy. Well, she might not think of me as a friend, but I do!

I loved Mr. H's classes. I mean, yeah he was a crazy old man mumbling on and on abot history but he taught us life lessons. The things that he's experienced. How to deal with things when they go bad. Usually his stories weird out and confuse everyone but I think I understand what he means . . . most of the time. Like, his wife, they only got together after their second marriages with each other's siblings. I mean, that information would be really usueful to us when we marry the love of our lives' siblings and . . . yeah, ok, it's not that useful.

Next was sport. I hated sport. Detested it. It's one of the most useless subjects in the world! Like music and art. I mean yeah it's sorta important, but . . . yeah, I suck at music and art. But with sport you can't suck at it, sport is just . . . just, BAD. At least I had James with me though. Our school was a bit different. For sport we had treadmills so the teacher could go mark stuff. I sorta prefered something like Dodgeball though, rather than running 1 hour straight.

As usual I fell off my treadmill. Miss B didn't even care! That is actually her name, Miss B. I don't call her Miss B . . . behind her back. Her name's Miss Benningham. Moving on. And as usual James stayed on making jokes and laughing. Ok, maybe he wasn't perfect.

I walked around our coupled treadmills and looked out the window. It was pouring again.

"It's raining," I stated. I usually state the obvious.

"Oh, no! Really?!! I totally did NOT notice!" James said sarcastically.

I laughed and checked the clock. 5 minutes until our 15 minute break. "I'm gonna change back now, see ya," I called over my shoulder, walking to the girl's showers.

I walked over to our spot and only Nathan was there. When I was in mid-sentence Izzy comes and sits down next to him. I was pretty surprised when he didn't call out "Hey babe/honey/baby/Iz/Izzy/ other things he might call her! Even more surprised that Izzy didn't call out instead of him.

Now this was really surprising! They didn't play tonsil hockey! Not once! They didn't even touch each other. I would've asked what was wrong but I think that I'd be given a stare down by Izzy. Yeah, I don't really fancy those. So I just left it alone and continued with our conversation in which James soon joined in.

Next was English. My favourite, I loved books. I may not look like I do, but I do. My favourite author was either Meg Cabot or Jane Austen. I mean, Twilight was good, but it sorta dragged. Another good thing about English this year was that Nathan was in my class. We usually chatted a lot, and today despite of him and Izzy's lack of communication we still talked as if it had been a normal day.

While we were talking I could hear a whisper in the background.

"She soooo loves him! Am I right? Am I right? I'm right, aren't I?" I heard Serena saying in another fembot high-pitched voice.

"Yeah, you are soooo right Serena!!" Ashley said before she let out her witch cackle. Nate didn't notice though, he probably doesn't even know that they're talking about us!

"Okayy class. Sorry I'm late, again. So kiddies have you finished up with Shakespeare, Romeon and Juliet, the play? 'Cause if you didn't, there's gonna be hell to pay," Miss Ridley joked, although I had a feeling she didn't.

Miss Ridley was also an awesome teacher. She was funny, sarcastic, a bit lazy, talked about school gossip, so basically a teen. Sometimes it became annoying but she knew when it did and she'd stop. The guys loved her too, but I don't think they like her in the same reasons as most girls do.

"Ummm, hey miss? In Romeo and Juliet doesn't it sort of teach us that well, you have to keep fighting for the one you love, even though others may disapprove?" Ashley asked with a hint of evil in her voice. I looked back and yup, she was directing that question at me. Cow.

"Yes, Ashley. you do have a point there . . . " then I zoned out. I was too busy thinking about which assassin I could hire to KILL Ashley and if I could come up with the money. Hmmmm. . .

"I'll be back you guys continue reading, ok?" Miss Ridley said, walking out the door.

"See, even Miss agrees with us? Why don't you fight for him, Michelle? Why don't you? Maybe that way, like in R and J you'll both die. We won't be sad though, we'll be cheering," she teased, and cackling away.

Wow. Maybe I could just stab her here. Now. With my pen. In the eye.

Abruptly Nathan stood up and walked over to her. "Hey, witch, why don't you go and jump off a bridge ok?" Nathan suggested. He was standing up for me. He was standing up, for ME!!! *school girl squeal* Ok, so not exactly standing up when you ask the person to go and kill theirselves but it's the thought that counts. Ashley was fuming. She crossed her arms delicately over her crinkled white top. She tried to stare him down but Nathan just smiled.

It was a Friday so as usual they came over to mine. Well not really usual but every Friday we went to one of our houses, and this week it was my turn. I took the bus home to clean up. While Nate, James and Izzy drove (they all had their own cars but Izzy carpooled with Nate, I wonder if she did today).

"This is Paige everyone. Paige, this is everyone. She's the new girl that came from Veronaville," James introduced.

She was sooo beautiful and she was a tomboy, sorta like me. So I think that I have officially gained a new friend. I mean she's my BFF's friend so really we're friends too . . . sorta. But the think that surprised me was that James brought her. JAMES. This was the first time I'd ever seen him with a girl other than me and Iz. Oooooh! I wonder if he likes her!

Looks like Izzy and Nate got back together after . . . whatever it was that was happening earlier. They were cuddling and kissing as usual. Whoa, I totally thought I had a chance there. We chatted about usual things. Like, class, homework (we even studied and exchange answers a bit), the stupid silly grademates, the fembots, the jocks, just normal highschool stuff. We also got to know Paige a bit. It looked like Paige was enjoying herself as well. Even when we were bombarding her with crazy questions.

When it was around about 6:20pm Paige's phone rang and we all stopped our conversation.

"Excuse me," Paige said taking the phone out of her pocket. She put her hand to her ears as if she couldn't hear the person on the other line, "yeah. . . But maaaa!! . . . No, I'm at a friends. . . I told you earlier! . . . Ugghh!! My first day ma, and you're treating me like a baby! . . . Ugghh!! FINE! I'll walk home!" Paige sort of screamed, flipping her phone shut. "Uhhhh, sorry about that. Mums, you know. Yeah, I have to go now, this was really fun. Bye Michelle, Nathan and Izzy. Bye James," she smiled especially hugging him. James looked taken aback but he hugged her back.

"I can take you home you know, it's totally fine," James offered.

"Oh, no I couldn't. Besides my house is like 2-3 streets over." And with that she left. "Thanks for having me over," I over heard her thanking me mum.

My mum soon came in as she usually did when it was 6:30, every single night.

"Are you gonna stay. 'Cause I make a nice Mac 'n' cheese," my mum asked.

"We all know you do. Uhhh, yeah sure I think we're staying," James guessed looking at our blank faces.

I hopped off my bed and onto the carpet.

"Wow James. She's sooo pretty! Where'd you meet her? Is she ALWAYS that cheery? Did you just talk to her or where you told to? Which class is she in? Do you like her?" I asked the series of questions not waiting for James' reply.

"Uhhhh. Class, yes, she was nice and I sat next to her, we met in Geography (last period) and I don't think I can answer the last one," he replied.

"Oohhh. So you DO like her!! James. Your first girl friend!" I gasped, excited.

"Well done my man," Nathan congratulated.

"Yeah! Congrats James. She's gorgeous, prettier than the other one you- OW!" Izzy squealed when Nate slapped her hard with his hand, "oh right, never mind."

What was that all about? Did James tell them something that I didn't know?

"Whatever. James, you should definetly ask her out! She'll be perfect for you!" I squealed.

"Yeah, you know what? I think I'm gonna go now. See ya guys," James said leaving, without even looking back to wave or - or anything!

Did I say something?

"Yeah, we should go too. C'mon Iz I'll drop you off. Bye Mish, we might see you tommorrow."

"Hah! Yeah, if James wants to come after you totally blew - OWWW!! Sorry!" She said to Nathan.

"Bye, Mish," Nate smiled, embarrassed. Soon I was left sitting on the yellow carpet, alone in my room, confused.

"I thought they were staying over for dinner, hun. Now, I made extra! Oh, what a waste," my mum stated, poking her head through my door.

*

It was Saturday morning. Finally, a break. I mean, yeah it's only two days but a break's a break. Today since James didn't come to our outing (we went to the Corner Shoppes at downtown) Nate picked me up. I mean I was sort of upset that James couldn't come but very excited about the fact that it would just be me and Nate in the car. By ourselves.

"Do you know if James is coming today?" I asked, having a flashback of yesterday.

"He said he couldn't, but if he did it'd be late. Didn't James tell you? He was accepted in that job that he was applying for, you know the journalism one?"

"Oh yeah . . . " I mumbled. James didn't tell me!

His car is wayyyyy better than James's. It's a vibrant red sports car. It's sleek and beautiful, with leather seats! It would only be just me and Nate. Wow, I don't think I can breathe properly any more after this! I know I sound like a very excited school girl when her crush has finally talked to her, but that's how I feel!! VERY high. Ok. . . yeah that's getting weird now.

First Nate wanted to go to the arcade section and buy games and stuff. Weirdly enough Izzy invited me to go shopping with her. I was very surprised but pleased as well. Maybe she doesn't hate me after all.

While we were browing through the blacks, hot pinks and reds of the shop Izzy started speaking. To me! "You know, he totally loves you. Why do you think he stormed out yesterday after you practically blew him off by pushing him into another girl?" She asked.

Was she talking about James? But he wouldn't. That would never happen. He knows I like Nathan. "Uhhhh, I really don't know what you're talking about Izzy," I replied, gulping.

"Ugghh. See, this is why I don't like talking to you. You're so stubborn. Annoying too and -"

"I don't care what you think of me! Sort of . . . just get to the point!" I interrupted.

"Sheesh, fine. Look, your best friend wants to be MORE than friends. You're just so stupid you can't even SEE that," she explained.

Soon Nathan came bursting in.

"Izzy's just playing with you Mish. Don't worry about it! James ONLY wants to be friends, right Iz?" Nate questioned.

"Yeah . . . Ruin my fun will you!" She complained, suddenly angry.

Then I let out a laugh. "Oh my gosh! You guys had me sooo worried there. Like, James actually liked me! Woah. Don't ever do that again," I laughed, walking out the door.

It was past 6 and James should've been getting off work now. I called him to come over to where we were.

"Hey James! I know you got that journalism job! Why didn't you tell me? Don't we tell each other everything? Oh well, never mind. Come over to the Corner Shoppes at Downtown. Meet up with us!"

"Uhhh. Sorry Shell, I'll give it a miss. I mean I'm really tired and I wouldn't want to barge. Oh, I gotta go, bye." Then the tone went dead.

I turned around and there was this huge photobooth picture of Nate and Iz.

"Do you like it?" Nate asked.

"Sure," I said cheerily. He won't notice me. Ever.

Then when it was around 8 we had dinner. It was hotdogs and hamburgers.

"James should be off work now, right? Well, I'm calling him." She took out her phone out of her purse and held 8. Speed dial? "Hey James? . . . We're at Corner Shoppes in Downtown. So you better get your butt here in 10 minutes! NO exceptions," she said, slamming her phone shut.

"James won't come. I asked him earlier," I said.

"We'll see," Izzy replied with a sly grin.

n 10 minutes there James was. With his car and all.

"JAMES!! You said that you didn't want to come when I called!" I shouted.

"Ahaha. Yeah. I was straight off work though! I was really tired. Look, I'm really sorry, Shell," he apologized.

"Ok, fine. Don't do it EVER again. Since when did you like Izzy more than me?" I asked, a bit angry.

"I don't like her more than you! You're Shell, she's Iz. That's all the reasoning there is," he reasoned.

A smile creeped up on my face. Ahhh, it was good to have the real James back again.

Nevertheless Nate still dropped me off. It was already wayyy past midnight.

"Thanks so much Nate. For the ride I mean. You have a really REALLY nice car," I complimented. Man what am I doing?

"Ahaha. Thanks Mish," he replied. Then he was leaning over me. Oh my gosh. What was he doing? Was he going to kiss me?!! Wow, I could so squeal and jump up and down right now! He was going to kiss me. I closed my eyes, preparing myself. "Mish, here you go." Huh? I opened my eyes.

"Oh right, thanks Nate. Thanks again for the ride," I thanked. He was just opening the door. Wow. I am such an idiot. I can't believe I am THAT stupid. Of course he wouldn't kiss me!

-----------------------------

That's the first chapter! Hope you liked it! Normal drill: Vote, comment. I'd love it if you do! Thanks.

Ana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Stuck By platyypus

Short Story

23 0 8
High school is not easy. What with strict teachers, overbearing parents, and judgemental teenagers, it's a wonder Jade's made it this far. It's her s...
297K 10.1K 44
What will happen when the guy you've been crushing for what feels like forever is paired with your best friend on a fake marriage and you get stuck w...
305K 9.5K 40
Maddie, a girl who doesn't have many friends and is very shy, finds out that eleventh grade is much harder than what she expected. The test are harde...
31.5K 1K 37
***NOW PUBLISHED*** Natalie is enjoying her first year of college, everything is seemingly going perfectly for her. She even meets a boy, Nate Sanche...