The Rebel.

WingsofAnAngelx

Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure gi... Еще

Introduction...x
1 - Once Upon a Time...
2- Damned Brick Walls...
3- One friend. Just One.
4- Hanna.
5- Hooray For Weekends!
6- P.A.R.T.Y.
7- Oh, Brother.
8- Rebel.
9- A Day with Derek. Part 1
10- A Day with Derek, Part 2
11- Yep, Going to Get My Eyes Scratched Out.
12- Alpha.
13- The woods isn't a place for a rebel.
14- Keeping Quiet.
15- Is This a Date?
16- Chaos.
17- Where the hell is Nova?
18- Daddy.
19- The Truth Won't Set Me Free.
20- Home Sweet Home.
21- Back to Reality.
22- I Can Kiss Normal Goodbye.
23- Another West in the Woods...
24- Noah.
25- Vengance.
26- Goodbye.
27- The Calm Before the Storm.
28- First Hunt.
29- I can't stay mad at you forever.
30- Stay Alive.
32- Somebody Resue Me.
33- Nothing to Lose.
Happy Ever After?

31- Blackness.

2.9K 91 4
WingsofAnAngelx

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 31

Derek’s P.O.V.

            I was following Nova as she ran faster and deeper into the woods. I knew if she caught me she would only hate me more, and would quite possibly shoot me with more arrows or bullets. Most people would tell me I was an idiot for what I was doing; especially Nick. He always said nothing was worth losing over a girl; but he was wrong. I would do anything for Nova in a heartbeat, even if that meant die for her.

            That’s exactly what’s going to happen, if you keep following her! My inner voice seethed. I knew it was a huge risk, but Nova was reckless when she was angry, and I had to make sure she didn’t get herself into a bind that she couldn’t get out of.

            I was only running at about half speed, mainly to stay behind Nova. She was fast for a human, but I was always going to be faster. I watched while she looked around every corner, aiming her gun at every noise. I watched her run out of breath, and eventually have to take a short break.

            Even now, when she was covered in weaponry and muck from the woods, she looks beautiful. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her, even if I wanted to. While she started running again, I followed behind her stealthily and got caught up in my own thoughts.

            I thought of the first day I met Nova. Her scent hit me like a ton of sweet, honey and apple-butter flavored bricks. She acted like she had no interest in my looks, or my charm; but her heartbeat told me otherwise. I thought about the day her brother pranked her, and she was so fired up and angry steam was almost radiating off of her. We almost had a perfect day, if not for the alpha. In fact, the alpha had been messing up my relationship with Nova ever since.

            He had marked her, which only makes her connected to him in ways no one but a werewolf would know. He had taken her away from me, just before I got to taste he sweet lips. He made her father come back, and he had twisted himself into her mind. Changing her, and making her belief I was the spawn of Satan; or at least that’s what she acted like.

            I remember the day she first came back from being kidnapped by her fathers, when I pressed against her in the hall, her body replied to mine in a way of want and need. When she told me to go away, it was like a stab in my heart. I wanted nothing but to love and protect her but she was terrified of me. Her body craved me while her mind wanted nothing to do with me. At first I had no clue why she was acting so conflicted; but now I think I do.

            If what her father said was right, that we were these so-called ‘mates’, maybe she couldn’t help but respond that way towards me. Of course that’s why, nimrod! She’s ours. Always has been, and always will be. Nothing she can say or do will change the way she feels about you. Nothing.

            Huh, maybe my inner voice was helpful. But only sometimes! Most of the time is was an annoying pain in my side, the kind that you couldn’t get rid of.

            I heard a thump, followed by a muffled, “Oof!” coming from none other than Nova herself, and I stopped my thoughts immediately; coming closer to her to make sure she was alright. I rolled my eyes, she had tripped; again.

            Only Nova West would trip at a time like this. I quickly sprinted back out of her view when I knew she would be alright; and continued watching. I heard two additional heartbeats; one strong, and one beating dangerously slow, and tensed up immediately.

            A sound, soft enough to be a pained whimper, but loud enough for Nova- and I- to hear it was in the distance ahead. I knew Nova would jump to the sound without thinking about what she was stepping into, so I continued to pursue her.

            She ended up in a clearing; the only light being the moon. I watched as she noticed her mother tied up to a tree, wounded by the alpha and very, very weak. She walked up to her mother, whose head snapped up at the sound of twigs crunching beneath Nova’s feet.

            “Nova!” she croaked. Her eyes widened, and she glanced down at her daughter. “Your father has gotten to you, hasn’t he?” She said in disappointment.

            “I’m going to get you out of here mom.” Nova said, determined.

            I was so caught up in watching Nova that I failed to notice that the extra heartbeat was louder. Actually, it was right behind me. I didn’t get the chance to turn around before a clawed hand pierced me from behind, and gripped onto some vital organs, squeezing them until blood gushed out of my mouth; choking me and paralyzing me.

            “I hate to do this; you’re just a little pup after all.” I growled when he said pup. I was no dog, and if I was; I definitely wasn’t a fucking pup. He squeezed harder, silencing me and nearly killing me on the spot. “But you’re getting in my way.”

            He wrenched his hand out of my body, and I instantly fell to the ground; no longer having any feeling in my legs. My body was numb, because of the paralysis, for which I’m somewhat grateful, if I could feel this pain I think I would black out. I wasn’t even sure that I was going to heal; he had fucked with some major organs when he decided to make me his werewolf puppet. It was like mental torture when all I could do was watch while the alpha came out, in human form, and tormented Nova.

            I struggled to hear what they were saying. I could make out him telling her this long explanation as to why he had come here, and why he had to kill her.

            “-just like I killed your poor, foolish brother.” He finished. Nova was literally shaking in rage, and she quickly went to pull out her gun.

            But the alpha was too fast. He grabbed her wrist, twisting it until it was just about to snap, and tauntingly said, “Now now, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

            “And why the hell not?” Nova snarled back. Bad idea Nova, this guy was crazy. I would know, because I’m fucking paralyzed, bleeding out, and not healing over here.

            “Because, dear Nova. I already silenced your brother and your beta boyfriend-” he looked towards my directed and smirked when he said that. I tried to growl back, but I was losing the energy to even breathe. “- would you like me to put an end to your mother to?” He looked back to Nova’s mother, who had passed out from pain.

            I feel your pain sister! Well, actually, I don’t. I can’t feel anything, and that was starting to piss me off. Why in the hell wasn’t I healing? I should be up there, saving Nova. But I can’t even move! I tried so hard to keep my eyes open, but they had a mind of their own.

            My eyes were closing, and I was lost my battle to stay awake. I succumbed to the welcoming darkness.

            Nova’s P.O.V.

I looked at the alpha, in a menacing and desperate way. “Don’t hurt my mom. She doesn’t have anything to do with this.” I had a tremendous amount of pain in my heart, I was about to take the biggest risk of my life. “You want me? Then take me. But let my mother go.”

The alpha still had a death grip on my wrist. He looked at me, “You’re right. It is you I want.” Just like that he snapped my wrist, and I screeched out in pain. It was definitely broken, and the gun in my hand had fallen out, I couldn’t even make a fist with that hand.

I was so preoccupied with everything that was going on, I didn’t even notice that the alpha had used his claws to untie my mom, letting her sleeping- at least I hoped she was sleeping- figure fall to the ground. I glared at him, I was giving him what he wanted and he couldn’t even play by the rules. I tried to run to my mother’s aid, but the alpha had other plans.

With an inhuman speed he threw me over his shoulder, ripping my crossbow and extra pistol off in the process- throwing them on the ground.

“What?” I said angrily, all while kicking and thrashing against him. “You’re not going to kill me?”

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Not yet.”

I wondered why I wasn’t scared. I mean, I literally just signed up for my own funeral, only to save my mom who might not even make it if there’s no one there to save her. It might be all the adrenaline, or the fact that I had nothing left to lose. Either way, I just lost a game of wits with a damned alpha werewolf. I crossed my arms, and huffed in frustration against his back.

“If you don’t stop thrashing around and acting like an untamed little brat, I won’t hesitate to knock you out.” He said in an irritated manor.

“I’m sorry, if you would like a happy hostage, maybe you should go kidnap a convict, or a mental patient; I’m sure they’d be happy to escape their lives.” I said sarcastically. I wasn’t going to be nice to the monster that had taken the one person I loved and trusted the most; and nearly took my mother away from me completely.

I felt him put me down, so I was now facing him. I glared at him in the eyes, but when they flashed red my heart tensed in fear and anticipation. “Be that way then.”

I knew I had done it when I saw his hand swipe across my face, and then a stinging warm feeling, and then blackness.

---

Comment, Vote, and Follow me if you like.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Imperfect (Editing) Cassie

Про оборотней

18.4K 461 22
2013 © Loosing her mother and the hands of her father at a young age Alex grew distant from her classmates. She became, "That Girl" She didn't trust...
Or I'll Kill You Cheesehead

Любовные романы

69.2K 754 24
Maeve is a werewolf. Shes headstrong, stubborn, and outspoken. How is it possible that every guy she meets falls in love with her? Well of course it'...
A Gripping Touch HerculeanTeen

Про оборотней

967 120 52
Things have never seemed to go according to plan for Alyssa, and after walking into her father's murder scene, Aly promises herself never to build he...
Thea's Wolves Allie

Про оборотней

191K 12.7K 35
Thea would say she "Isn't like other girls," if the phrase wasn't so disgustingly trendy. With a personality more salty than the Dead Sea itself, the...