She Crept Up On Me (a Finnick...

By HGfangirl66

"Did you love Annie right away, Finnick?" I ask. "No." A long time passes before he adds, "She crept up on m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 8

1.4K 25 1
By HGfangirl66

FINNICK

Right as I say this, Annie seems shocked. But then I remember that she doesn't know the real President Snow. But I decide to save that for later since I've told her so much already.

"Oh, Finnick, I'm so-"

I don't want to hear sorry again, so I kiss her.

This is the first person besides Capitol women that I've kissed in a while. I've just never gotten up the courage.

I smile, because she kisses me back. We go over to the couch and continue kissing. Not making-out, but just light, sweet kisses. I try to be delicate, because I want to remember that this is Annie and not some Capitol woman.

I pull away, and what I say next I don't even think before I say it.

"I love you"

Her eyes go wide, and I search for something to change the subject with.
I stand up and run my hand through my hair.

"Um, it's late. You should, uh, get to bed."

She stands up, too. "Yeah, I agree. Um, goodnight" and with that, she's gone.

Great. I've scared her. I'm about to open the door when I remember she asked me to stay here with her, so I lay on the couch. And never fall asleep.

After what it seems like a long while staring at the ceiling, I look over at the clock. 1:30. Great. I drift off, but a loud noise awakens me. Someone screaming. Annie.

I rush upstairs and go straight into her room. Yep, it's her alright. "Annie, Annie" I say, lightly shaking her. She sits straight up, let's out another scream, and opens her eyes.

"Oh, Finnick!" She hugs me tight, and starts crying. "Shh, Annie it's alright. I used to have these dreams all the time. In fact, I still do"

She pulls away and looks at me. "About the games?"

"Yeah. I think they haunt everyone. Now go back to sleep." I start to get up, but she grabs my arm.

"Will you lay here with me?"

No, no, this isn't a good idea.

"Sure" I say.

I'm so stupid.

I ignore my conscience and slowly climb in bed with her. I try to stay as far away from her as possible; I don't want anything to happen, if you know what I mean. But I don't really have a choice when she moves close to me and buries her head in my chest. I don't really know where to put my arms, so I put one under my head and the other to my side. She doesn't seem to notice their not around her.

That night I got the best sleep I've had in a long time. And I think Annie did too, because she didn't scream the rest of the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.2K 23
❝ WHY MUST YOU ACT LIKE YOU'RE FOUR ❞ WHEN THE HUNGER GAMES CREATE LOVERS ( lower case intended ) ( any edits + book covers- @mjolnirsthor , winter...
2.7K 49 13
This is the story of Finnick and Annie...with a lil twist (fix it fix)
656 24 51
After the first hunger games everything changed. But one thing. I had to hide my true feelings to protect the people I love. Until the end was never...
26.6K 1.1K 19
Tell her that I love her, tell her that I need her, tell her that she's more than a one night stand. Katniss x Peeta.