Chapter 5

ANNIE

Finnick and I arrive at my new house in the victors village. I wanted to live at my old house, but Finnick said I have to live here since I won.

He gives me a tour, since my house is exactly like his, he knows his way around. The weird thing is, he holds my hand the whole way, and I don't mind. Are we in a relationship? Are we not? I know he kind of saved my life and all, but I shouldn't love him just for that. He is pretty handsome. But he has his Capitol lovers and I have....... no one. I guess I'll go along with it.

I hear the front door open downstairs and my mother and father walk in. They are not rushing to see me, so I guess they saw me at the hospital. I don't remember it though, so I hug them and start crying. The stroke my hair and tell me its ok. I look at Finnick, who is smirking and has his hands in his pockets.

This guy saved my life, I thought. He saved my life and I haven't thanked him.

I break away from my parents and rush over to Finnick. He already has his arms out, like he knew I was going to hug him. He seems to know what I'm thinking or going to do next.......

"Thank you" I whisper. He doesn't say anything. I think we hug for a long time. So long that I hardly hear my parent say good bye and leave. I think it was me hugging him. I just wouldn't let go. "Annie" he says. I let go and wipe the tears off my cheeks. "Am I going to live here by myself?" I ask. Finnick lightly grabs my shoulders and says "Um, well, your old house is closer to your parent's net store and they have been pretty busy, so...... uh, yes." I drop my head and stare at the floor. "But if you need anything, I will be right across the-"

I cut him off. "Um, Finnick, can you stay here with me tonight? You can sleep on the couch"

"Of course, Annie" he says, and pulls me in for another hug. "Do you want to take a walk on the beach?" I hesitate, thinking maybe people will think of us as a couple, or people will want to take pictures with me since I won. But it's Finnick. He'll protect me. "Sure" I say. "Great. We just have to run over to my house so I can change my shirt."

Finnick. Shirtless. I didn't see this one coming. But we're in District 4! I was bound to see him shirtless one time or another. I calm myself down, and he leads me out the door and across the street to his house. He opens the door, and im truly amazed.

A diamond chandelier above us. Glossy, hardwood floors beneath us. He leads me into the living room and there it is, hanging above the fireplace. His trident from the games years ago. It's simply beautiful. He sits me on the couch and says "Be right back", then I'm left alone. I look around, admiring his house, and a few minutes later, he's back downstairs, sitting next to me. I agree with myself that now is the time for my saving-my-life speech.

"Finnick, I hope you know that I can never repay you for-"

He puts a finger to my lips. "Save it, Annie. You have nothing to repay me for. Just you being alive is enough repayment for me" I smile. "Ready to go?" he says. I nod.

He takes my hand and leads me out the door. As we leave, I wonder why Finnick doesn't like thank you's. Then I suddenly have it. Finnick is keeping a secret, or many secrets, from me.

And I don't know why.

Yay, an extra long chapter! Sorry it took so long. Read, vote, comment, and more updates coming soon! :3