Chapter 27

ANNIE

After the incident with Lanceton, I some how made it back home. I don't remember how, but its a miracle I'm still alive. I try to forget about everything else going and focus on Finnick and the Games.

Mags is dead, and I can tell Finnick isn't taking it well. He has too much to deal with right now; too much a person should handle, especially him. But that's one of the reasons I look at him as a role model. He's strong and can take whatever comes at him.

As of right now, the whole Game is focusing of Finnick's group. They have a plan to electrocute the other players at midnight, which is, as far as I can understand, genius.

But as I watch the group talk, I start to get weary. The way Finnick looks at Katniss is just... strange. Like he and her share a secret or something. But I brush off the thought as quickly as it came. "Finnick's going to live, Finnick's going to live" I repeat over and over in my head.

I get in a comfortable position on the couch, focus on the TV, and block out everyone else's voices but Finnick's. It's almost midnight.

************

The following events happen so quickly that I don't have enough time to process them.

Allies are betrayed. Tributes die. The lightning strikes. And Katniss shoots her arrow into the sky. Then the screen goes to static.

I stare at the static. Before I know it, my hands are over my ears and I start to scream. I scream the loudest I have ever screamed before. I clutch my head so hard it might burst. But there is only one thing that I can hear over my screaming. The last thing that I'd expect to hear.

Explosions. Right outside my window. 

As I slowly pass out, the last thing I see are men dressed in white, who i assume are peacekeepers, break my door down and come toward me.

A tag on their armored suits says "The Capitol "

************

I wake up in a white room, restrained by my wrists and ankles to a chair. I don't know where I am. I don't know how long I've been here. I don't remember what has happened in the past few days. But I don't freak out.. Yet.

Instead, I keep my eyes focused on a dot on the wall in front of me, and I scream one single yet utterly beautiful word.

"Finnick!"

Sorry for the short chapter. Anyways, thanks for reading!