Breaking the Habit//Gratsu

Von wxlfclaws

Who knew it would have been Natsu Dragneel to get into drugs? ---------- Started: 08/14/15 Ended: 09/24/16 ©... Mehr

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
ありがとう
良いニュース

24

1.7K 95 38
Von wxlfclaws

"I'll hit the bottom just to feel the ground."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Normal point of view:

"I haven't seen you with your friends, mainly Gray I suppose."

"..."

"You've been coming up here lately,"

"Yeah."

"You've always liked high places when we were young,"

"Yeah."

"I know you're not alright,"

"I'm fine." The male said emotionlessly.

'Fine. I'm fine. I'm okay.' Natsu chanted in his head. He had been doing it for the past month. Thinking that if he said he was fine, it would actually happen, that he was okay.

Sting got up from sitting in Indian style beside his cousin, knowing the lunch break was almost over.

He placed his hand on top of the pink mop, "No you're not." and closed the door to the rooftop.

Natsu didn't want that hand to leave from where it was. He wanted it to stay and for the owner of the hand to chat up a storm once more, in contempt of the one-sided conversation.

The blonde knew something was up with Natsu just by looking at him. He looked too delicate, ready to break. Natsu wasn't acting like how he normally would and probably would have knocked Sting's hand from touching his hair.

Natsu hugged his knees and looked up at the sky.

'I'm alone again.'

'Sting's babbling stopped the voices for some time.'

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Gray took off his shoes, entering his dorm and came to notice that Sting stood in front of him with his arms crossed.

"What did I do?" Gray asked.

"Glad you know that you've caused something. In any case, let me be blunt,"

"I could care less about why you and Natsu aren't talking. But this isn't the time." Sting declared.

"You don't even know what happened so how could you say 'this isn't the time'?" Gray frowned and Sting pinched the bridge of his nose. He let his roommate explain what went down with the pink haired teen. He asked Gray if he got the other side of the story from Natsu and shook his head. From the start, the blonde was going to be blunt so he revealed, "During Christmas, Natsu's mom died."

Every ounce of blood drained from Gray's face.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

He had just come back from work. Natsu's working periods were extended to make up for his absences. Needless to say, he met up with Macbeth.  

The time Natsu got into his dorm no lights were on. It was dark out but too early for his roommates to be sleeping, indicating that no one was present.

'Do it. Nobody is here to stop you'

Natsu went to his room and pulled out the box from under his bed. He entered the bathroom locking the door. Digging his hands into his pockets, he took out a container of pills and some more heroin.

'End your pity excuse of a life'

The pink haired teen viciously opened the bottle of pills resulting in a few falling onto the tiles. He widened his mouth letting half the portion of pills fit in.

'Come on. That won't do. You need to die'

He crunched down on the drugs dry trying to swallow the bitter tablets.

He had enough of this unbearable pain and torture. Nothing could stop him. The voices were getting louder.

'You killed your parents'

'Do everyone a favor and die'

'The will world keep spinning, people move on'

'Nobody cares'

Natsu pulled on his hair.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Get out of my head!" He yelled in anguish.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"H-his mom died?"

"In a car accident," Sting added.

Guilt bubbled up within Gray. He had given Natsu the cold shoulder without knowing anything. All this time, he was alone. No one was there for Natsu to ease the pain. He had been suffering in silence without Gray's knowledge.

Why love someone if you can't help? 

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Dry heaves emitted from Natsu's mouth as he couldn't empty any more contents from his stomach. Sweat trickled down his forehead and he began to sway and with a thud landed on the floor. He finished all of his heroin going past his limits.

Today was the day he was going to kill himself, once and for all.

A few minutes later while panting, he looked down at the syringes to see them empty. But that wasn't enough for him. He was still breathing.

He wanted it all to be over, he wanted to wake up to see his father and mother happily together and alive. He wanted to wake up from this repetitive nightmare he called life. He wanted to wake up knowing that his brother did not hate him. He wanted to wake up, with Lisanna by his side telling him it was going be okay, even if he knew she was lying. Or maybe to wake up, being together with Gray.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Instead of standing there feeling guilty might as well talk to him. You may not be able to do anything but you never know. Your presence could be the thing that saves him,"

Gray took a deep breath and exited his dorm going to the one across. After knocking a couple times and having no one answer, the black haired teen twisted the doorknob.

The door slowly opened surprising Gray. He made his way in the darkness finding only one room had a light on; the bathroom.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Natsu shifted to his side still on the floor and opened the bottom cabinet under the sink. He saw a bottle of bleach screaming at him to drink it.

They were challenging him.

He would oblige.

Natsu got up from the bathroom tiles and held the bleach bottle within his hands.

He almost dropped it.

His arms were falling asleep.

It burned each time he blinked.

He stared at his reflection in revulsion. Tears streamed down his face and his bangs clung to his cheeks, eyes red, puffy and dilated. He gripped the bottle of bleach with all his might and brought it to his lips.

His fingers twitched every time he chugged down the poisonous substance. Pausing, he put the bleach on the counter and his legs buckled. With twitching fingers every now and then, Natsu reached for the bottle again and drank the bleach so fast he began to choke. Coughing harshly with the Clorox running down his chin, he dropped the bleach squeezing the middle of his shirt. His throat gave off a scorching feel and his chest began to burn.

'I want to be free from the chains of myself.'  With blurred vision, Natsu's head made contact with the floor.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Gray heard numerous sounds from the bathroom as he sat on the couch waiting for the person to get out. He hoped it was Natsu so they could talk and he didn't have to ask his brother or Gajeel where the teen was. He didn't feel like going on a hunt when who he wanted to talk to was located across the hall.

The raven jumped out of the sofa when he heard a thump.

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

He banged on the bathroom door getting no sound in return.

The raven panicked.

He ran into the kitchen searching for a sharp object, finding a knife on the island. His sole goal was to get the door to open and he managed with a couple attempts.

The sight he saw would be imprinted in his mind for as long as he lived.

A body laid limp on the tiles.

Pills to needles then a spilled bottle of bleach surrounded it.

An exposed toilet seat with puke making who ever saw it gag.

No doubt there was blood in it.

Gray's body trembled as he was aware the body had pink hair.

'This looks like..No. He can't die No!'

He ran to Natsu feeling his pulse and tried so very hard not to freak out. He brought Natsu's head onto his lap.

Gray barely felt anything.

The pulse was faint.

"Help! Someone please!" Gray cried.

The one time he did not have his phone with him.

Tears poured out of his eyes.

His crush.

Childhood friend.

Had attempted suicide.

The whole scene gave it away.

"Help!" Gray screamed and Sting ran in.

There was no time to let his anxiety get the best of him. The blonde knew he had to call the ambulance or his cousin was a goner.

He dialed 911 as his roommate's sobs were heard in the background.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Multiple residents in the male dorms watched the scene play before them.

Paramedics cleared the ways as a student was being pushed on a stretcher making their way to the ambulance.

The youngest Fullbuster stayed put from the moment his friend had been rushed to the hospital.

Sting bent down to get on eye level with Gray.

"How long do you plan on sitting there?" Sting whispered not wanting to add more emotions to what Gray was already feeling. He had an idea that the raven was in love with Natsu for the longest.

"He had tried to kill himself," Gray muttered.                          

Sting decided not to say anything because the statement was true. He took one of Gray's arms and wrapped it around his neck to make the other stand. Soon, other figures came rushing to the dorm. Natsu's roommates, sister, Loke, Erza and Lucy crowded outside the bathroom where Sting was trying to make Gray stand.

"Was the one on the stretcher Natsu?" Loke inquired.

"I think so, I heard the person had pink hair," Lucy said.

Rumors do spread quickly.

"It's true. It was him." Sting clarified.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

21 0 7
As a relatively chilly autumn was on its way out, Fairy Tail received a strange mission request. Most missions centered around fighting, investigatin...
1K 2 21
The Dragon Slayers all go into heat, but it's what they call "Mating Season" they find their mates as kids and start to flirt in various forms. This...
72.8K 2.1K 46
(Silently Drowning Series - Book Two) Maybe that's it. We eventually go numb; because you can't break a heart that's already broken. Maxwell Augustu...
1.8M 118K 39
*COMPLETED* (27.12.2020) "What about you?" Parker asked. "I don't think I'm capable of love," I answered. "Did you get your heart broken?" He smirke...