The Pet Shop (bxbxb)

By TheoryKierei

(This has been rewritten, so old comments might not make sense.) Welcome to Flora's Pet Shop! Through these... More

1. Hop
2. Crawl
3. Walk
4. Fly
5. Cry
6. Settle
7. Think
9. Snarl
10. Sigh
11. Work
12. Sense
13. Stare
14. Devour
15. Dodge
16. Wonder
17. Huff
18. Like
19. Begin
20. Hassle
21. Relax
22. Antagonize
23. Annoy
24. R
25. Decide
26. Look
27. Try
28. Care
29+30
31. Fin.

8. Hurt

47.5K 2.8K 400
By TheoryKierei

Dropping down onto the roof, Warden stretched out his wings and heaved a frustrated sigh. He wasn't used to the kind of stress he was currently dealing with. Cerat had not been planned, and he sure as hell hadn't been expected to not act like a vampire. At least a little bit. Reaching back, he plucked a feather from his plumage and ran it through his warm fingers. His eyes focused on the city lights before him as he felt the sharp feather slit his skin.

After walking in on Drake holding Cerat the other night after he'd made dinner, Warden had told him to watch him for the next day and that all of his work would be taken care. It was basically a day off, and Drake agreed without argument. Warden had needed the chance to breathe and regroup himself, yet even after an entire day of work, then a visit to play with his sister, which was usually relaxing to a point, he still felt exactly the same.

I thought I was doing something great. Saving someone who couldn't save themselves. 

He sighed, running his free hand through his light hair, streaking it with blood.

What more can I do? I can't feed him the spinach, I signed that I wouldn't without blood.  

Thankfully Drake hadn't signed the release form, thus, he couldn't get in trouble for feeding Cerat whatever he wanted. That didn't help Warden's worry, though. The vampire was still dying. Just a little slower than he had been when he'd stopped eating completely. It was only a matter of time.

I need to figure out a way to get him to drink blood, but not go insane from it.

It was an easy thing to think about, but much harder to actually manage. He would have thought that if he fed on a supernatural being, it might not have the same affect, but that had not been the case. Cerat had gone crazy from just a quick drink from him.

Wait. Wait a damn minute.

Excited, Warden unfurled his wings and released the feather he had plucked to the wind. With a small leap he took off, easily gliding down to the sidewalk below on the gentle evening currents. The moment his feet touched the ground he folded his wings against his back and allowed them to sink back into his skin. He then ran to the side door and inside the pet shop. As he headed up the stairs, Warden went through his plan repeatedly in his head. It was foolproof, but if he asked Drake, he'd call him a fool for even suggesting it, he'd bet.

Who cares. If it works, then Cerat can start getting better! 

The moment he was up the stairs, Warden stepped forward and unlocked the door to the little apartment. The smell of cooking meat met his nose when he walked inside, telling him that Drake was likely in the kitchen. Good. Heading straight for where Cerat was, Warden knelt down in front of him and smiled when he saw him glance nervously up at him with Thumper in his lap.

"I've got an idea to help you, Cerat." He said, unable to keep his smile from growing wider.

A scoff sounded behind him, drawing Warden's grin into a frown as Drake began to talk from the entryway to the kitchen. "He doesn't need anymore of your help. It's already screwed him over royally. If you haven't noticed."

Turning his attention back to Cerat, Warden's excitement dwindled as he saw the young vampire huddle into the blankets more.

"Wait. I have a new idea that might help. I'm serious. At least hear me out, Cerat." Warden begged.

Surprisingly, Cerat was still watching him. Of course, he didn't look too thrilled, but at least he had his attention. Not wanting to waste that gift, Warden settled down against the wall next to him and hurried to begin explaining his idea.

"I think I found a way that can eventually let you drink blood without the aggressive side-effects you've been avoiding."

Cerat's brow furrowed and a look of disgust came over his face. Drake was soon to copy the expression, but Warden pursed his lips, clearly determined. "You really need to listen. You're not." He said as Cerat just held the rabbit closer, almost like he was using it as a shield.

"Vampires teach those they change how to control themselves. Most don't care if their offspring kill people, but they can care. They have the control and can make them care if they really wanted to. Your sire left you all alone... but I won't."

Before either Cerat or Drake could respond, Warden reached over his shoulder as his wings unfurled slightly, and plucked a large feather. He then allowed his wings to return to his back as he held the feather up between himself and Cerat.

"I may have messed this whole situation up, doing exactly the opposite of what I had hoped, but I refuse to let it get worse. I refuse to let you get worse." He said sternly, watching Cerat the entire time he spoke. When he got no response, he looked down at the feather and slowly brought it across his left wrist. 

He could already see the hunger growing in his pained, faded eyes. He was trying to fight it, but Warden refused to let him this time. Instead, he slowly moved back away from the wall, leaving his left arm up so that Cerat could see the blood welling to the surface. 

"Come here, Cerat. I want you to move closer, slowly."

His voice was deep and brooked no argument. He wasn't sure if it would work on a starving vampire, but Cerat did move forward. It was much faster than he'd anticipated, too, and he had an urge to back away further, but he held his ground. Warden had just wanted Cerat out of his corner. His safe spot. When he stopped mere inches from him on his hands and knees in a predatory stance, Warden took a deep, steadying breath and nodded.

"It's okay, Cerat. Things are going to be different from now on. We're going to start from the very beginning. From the moment you lost your human life, and were forced into the one you currently struggle with. I'll teach you to control your hunger. To feed safely. You won't have to worry about killing anyone anymore." Warden soothed quietly as Cerat began to growl and bare his filed fangs.

With a reassuring smile Warden patted the blanket right in front of him, signaling Cerat to move to that spot. Surprisingly, he did as told, but couldn't hold himself back from grabbing Warden's bleeding wrist and bringing it to his lips. He repeatedly tried to bite it between licking and sucking at the crimson liquid, but each time his fangs touched Warden's skin, he whimpered and shrank back for a second.

That's it. Warden thought as he watched Cerat eventually decide to just lap at the injury.

"You can't hurt me right now." He said quietly as he reached forward, gently sifting the fingers of his right hand through Cerat's soft white hair. "You don't have to worry about hurting anyone right now. Your filed fangs won't let you."

When Cerat looked up at him from where he still suckled against the cut, Warden could tell that he was still wild. Yet he had stopped trying to bite. He wasn't attacking him, either. He was just drinking what he desperately needed as it became available from the cut Warden had given himself.

"You need to bite him."

Looking over his shoulder, Warden's eyes widened when he saw Drake walking over. He hadn't even noticed he'd gone and grabbed a tablet, then evidently looked something up online.

"If you bite him like a sire would have, the vampire part of him may begin to identify you as his true master. It will likely take awhile and may require several bites, but it may also help with his control." Drake said as he tossed the tablet aside on the floor and sat down next to them.

The idea of biting Cerat didn't exactly sit well with him, but it was just a bite. He could do it. Would do it, if it would help Cerat take his life back.

Adjusting his sitting position some, Warden tilted his wrist and lifted it above his head a little, drawing Cerat closer until the vampire was practically in his lap. He then slowly moved his free arm around his torso, then waited. Instead of shying away, Cerat settled in, grasping Warden's arm with both hands as he lost himself further in feeding.

Taking his chance, Warden leaned forward and placed his lips on Cerat's cold skin, then closed his eyes. Just do it. He told himself as he slowly opened his mouth. He was about to bite down when he felt a sudden shove against his chest, forcing his eyes open. Drake? Warden thought, startled to see his friend's shoulder in his line of site as he leaned in on the other side of Cerat's neck. A low growl emanated from the werewolf's chest and as he felt Drake's arms wrap around his back and squeeze both him and Cerat against him. The moment Cerat flinched, likely indicating that Drake had bitten him, Warden bit down, too. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

811K 39.3K 37
Being in love with your roommate wasn't exactly ideal. Being in love with your roommate and a stranger you met at some bar was even messier. Though...
16.1K 1.4K 35
When a cupid is tasked with setting up the woman he has feelings for, he decides instead to sabotage her matches while he uncovers why the Fates are...
255K 1K 13
Worlds filled with sex and steam, with some romance mixed in. Come and enjoy the dirty smut, don't be shy (⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~ I update it randomly. Also I...
36.9K 4K 60
"You will take a warrior with you. Someone who can defend you in the worst case. Someone who can think strategically and who knows about the situatio...