2. Crawl

"Hey War, let's go shopping for a new collar for your dog!" Drake yelled too loudly as he barged into Warden's office. He'd just come out of a very long, very boring meeting with some of his father's business partners and had a headache raging the size of Drake's ego. 

"I'm going to skin my dog if he doesn't shut up, now." He growled, making Drake huff as he took a seat on the edge of Warden's giant desk.

"What's got your feathers in a ruffle, War? Oh! Did you have that ridiculously long monthly meeting you hate today?" He chimed, making Warden want to punch him in the face. 

When he just grunted in response and leaned back in his leather chair, throwing an arm over his eyes, Drake seemed to figure out that he'd guessed right.

"Come on, now you definitely need to get out of here. You know your father is going to try and ask you to stay late and work on the paperwork for whatever deals they've decided if you don't, even though it's his responsibility."

He had a point. More work after a four hour meeting about stuff he already knew like the back of his hand was not something he was looking forward to. Not that he wanted to mess around with Drake at that moment either, but he knew blowing off his friend for the fourth day since they'd visited that pet store would start irking his more fluffy side. 

Sighing, he sat back up again and dropped his arm to his desk. "Fine, but no humping women's legs like last time or I swear I'm going to sign you up for one of those neutering programs. That vet, who's leg you avidly molested with your privates, will have the pleasure of removing some specific pieces."

Drake's face reddened with anger, but as quickly as it had appeared, he shoved it aside and smirked. "Deal. I'll behave mum, promise!"

Rolling his eyes, Warden couldn't help but grin as he got up and tugged on his suit jacket. He wanted to go back to the house, or at least his penthouse, and change, but judging from the eager look in Drake's eyes, that wasn't going to happen.

Oh well. As long as I don't hold anything I shouldn't get my suit dirty.

"Alright, let's go. You can shift in the car since the windows are heavily tinted."

Drake cheered, making Warden wince as the sound reverberated through his skull, making his headache flare up. Darn hyper lycan. Must not have had sex last night considering how wound up he is right now. 

Warden followed him out to the lobby, then elevator as he thought about the poor guy they were going to likely cause a scene with. Well, Drake will. He couldn't afford to have his name in the papers for getting kicked out of a pet store.

"Come on," Drake grumbled as he suddenly appeared in front of him and grabbed his arm, pulling him over to his black Corvette. He was sure it was some special model with a bunch of random extra features, but he really couldn't care less about the thing as long as it got him from point A to point B. He'd let Drake pick it out when he mentioned he didn't care what he got.

As he slid inside, he noted Drake already in the back, tugging off his clothing as he began sprouting fur. "You are the ugliest dog I've ever seen," Warden mumbled as he got the car started and began backing out of his personal parking spot in the huge garage. Drake just growled at his words, making him glance in the rear-view mirror with a smirk.

"I like you that way. Less words." He said.

A heavy paw smacked the right side of his face, making him swerve slightly. "Be careful, you idiot!"

All he got in response was another growl.

Stupid mutt. 

Even though he thought that, he could never stay mad at Drake. Sure the guy had been the cause of his first crash, first broken bone, and first detention, but there was no way he could have asked for a more loyal, and fluffy, friend.