7. Think

Slowing to a calm walk, Drake panted heavily as he watched his large paws move along the edge of the forest. He'd needed to leave when the old woman had come. She had clearly never dealt with a werewolf before, because she seemed to think that it was wise to try and boss one around.

Hmph. Not even my boss bosses me around. I'd kill him and piss on his corpse. Love you, War.

Grumbling, he turned and began a light jog down the sidewalk. Humans were staring at him, and several supernatural things were glaring, but he didn't care. Hell, he almost wished they'd try something so he could finish blowing off steam.

I'll just go after Warden. He needs a good beating, anyways. He thought as he turned onto another street a few moments later. When he finally stepped into the pet shop after having managed to bite and turn the alley side door handle, of which he'd left unlocked, he shifted and headed up to the apartment.

And the idiot left this unlocked. Perfect. 

"Hey, War!" He yelled as he stomped inside. Drake looked around for a moment before his eyes stopped on Warden. Surprise made his eyebrows raise ever so slightly. His friend sat up and tucked his wings against his back, making them disappear. The hand that wasn't holding him up rubbed at his pale forehead.

"Dude. You look like someone hit you on the back of the head, repeatedly. Did that grandma pet shop owner lady do it? Cause I need to go pay her if she did." He said as he sauntered in, watching as Warden forced himself to his feet and stumbled toward the kitchen.

He could tell that the guy wanted to cuss at him or take a swing for mocking his headache, but clearly his head hurt too much to do either. Instead, Warden disappeared into the kitchen and began banging around.

"Make me something, too!" Drake yelled before he set his attention on the rabbit huddling next to a lump of blanket in the corner that had to be Cerat. Mm, rabbit.

"Hey there, C. Please tell me you or your old lady friend hit War." He said as he squatted down in front of him. When he got no answer he licked his lips and stared down at the carpet. He knew they needed to get through to Cerat somehow, but the guy had completely shut down besides taking care of the rabbit.

And I can't turn into a rabbit. Just a horny wolf with no morals and a taste for cats.

Deciding against shifting, Drake stood and walked over to Warden's suitcase, not interested in his own. Removing a pair of pajama pants, he tugged them on, then leaned over and picked up the drink Warden had made Cerat earlier. It was untouched, unsurprisingly.

Staring at the cup in his hand, he caught Cerat glancing up at him from just beneath the blanket. You're starving, hun. Yet you hate what you become when you drink blood and I don't blame you one bit. Shaking his head, Drake made his way to the kitchen. Setting the cup down in the sink, he went to the fridge and pulled out the container of spinach. He thought about taking the iron pills he saw sitting on the counter, but decided against it. Baby steps.

Ignoring what Warden was currently cooking, he headed back over to Cerat and sat down in front of him, but faced away. After counting to twenty in his head, Drake carefully opened the plastic container he held and took out a single leaf of spinach. He hated the stuff with a passion since it tasted like the chalk he'd eaten in second grade, but if Cerat would eat it...

You. Leaf. You better make him eat you or I'll murder you and all your friends.

Satisfied by his threat, Drake slowly reached back until his hand rested against the soft comforter, palm up with the single leaf in it. The wait really bothered him. Being a werewolf and still quite upset with his best friend, Drake would have given almost anything to have something to do while he sat there. Even plucking his friend's stupid feathers would have been better than nothing.