The Rebel.

By WingsofAnAngelx

Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure gi... More

Introduction...x
1 - Once Upon a Time...
2- Damned Brick Walls...
3- One friend. Just One.
4- Hanna.
5- Hooray For Weekends!
6- P.A.R.T.Y.
7- Oh, Brother.
8- Rebel.
9- A Day with Derek. Part 1
10- A Day with Derek, Part 2
11- Yep, Going to Get My Eyes Scratched Out.
12- Alpha.
13- The woods isn't a place for a rebel.
14- Keeping Quiet.
15- Is This a Date?
16- Chaos.
17- Where the hell is Nova?
18- Daddy.
19- The Truth Won't Set Me Free.
20- Home Sweet Home.
21- Back to Reality.
22- I Can Kiss Normal Goodbye.
23- Another West in the Woods...
24- Noah.
25- Vengance.
26- Goodbye.
27- The Calm Before the Storm.
28- First Hunt.
30- Stay Alive.
31- Blackness.
32- Somebody Resue Me.
33- Nothing to Lose.
Happy Ever After?

29- I can't stay mad at you forever.

3.1K 98 6
By WingsofAnAngelx

Listen to the song while reading.

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 29

          Hanna’s P.O.V.

            Noah and I were walking in the woods, holding hands and laughing. He would tell me a corny joke, and I would laugh, telling him his jokes suck.

            “But I got you to smile, so that’s all that matters." He said, with that goofy smile on his face. I giggled and pulled him in for a sweet kiss.

            Suddenly, I heard three loud bangs. I pulled away from Noah, and he was vanishing.

            “Noah! Noah!”

            “Noah!” I yelled and shot up from my bed. I put my face in my hands, another dream of Noah. It was going to kill me slowly, having dreams of him every night. I knew they would never be my reality again. Three more bangs and I hastily got up from my bed and followed the source. Someone was knocking on my door, and judging by the time of night, it could be a serial killer, or worse.

            I opened the door, and the person behind it surprised me. It was Nova. She had tears in her eyes, and she looked like a complete wreck. I motioned for her to come inside, because anything she had to say must be interesting, she’s alienated me for a while now.

            “First off, you look terrible.” She sniffled in agreement. “Second off, why are you at my house at 3am? It’s kind of clear that you no longer want to be friends with me…”

            She looked at me with a regretful look in her eyes, “I know. And I’m sorry, it’s just my dad and I got in an argument and I drove to Derek’s house and cried for hours and now I’m here,  I just-”

            “Slow down speedy Gonzalez! Start from the beginning, and tell me everything.” I grabbed her wrist and looked her dead in the eye, “And I mean everything.”

            And that’s exactly what she did, from the moment the killer werewolf crashed the college party, to finding out Derek’s secret, to Noah’s death, and finally to what happened tonight. I scolded her for hunting, because it was just about the most idiotic thing you could do. I also listened to her, and her worries that her father might not be the man he says he is.

            “I don’t know, Nova. I suppose you should trust him until he gives you a reason not to.”

            She sniffled, and laughed lightly, “Yeah, I guess so.” She had this look in her eyes, like she just realized something. “Oh my God Hanna! I woke you up at 3am to cry for an hour, I should- I should go. You probably hate me anyway.”

            I laughed, “Don’t be silly, I'm not mad. And even if I was, I can't stay mad at you forever! You can stay the night here. Come on, let’s go to my room.” I ushered her into my room, and tossed her a pair of my pajamas. She slipped them on, muttering a thank you, and we climbed into my bed.

            It was silent for a few minutes, and I figured Nova had fallen asleep, but out of nowhere she said, “I miss him so much, Hans.”

            I didn’t need to ask her who she was talking about, because the answer was obvious. “I do too, I do too.”

            She didn’t say another word, and we both drifted off to sleep.

Alpha’s P.O.V.

            Everything was going according to plan, the girl would be dead soon, and she wouldn’t see it coming. I waited outside her house, and I heard way too many heartbeats. There was no way I could tell which one was hers. Dawn was approaching, and I still couldn’t locate the girl.

            I heard a car door slam and I perked my ears at the sound, I heard a gently and upbeat humming, and it sounded like a woman. I moved from the trees to get a better view, and I smiled; it was the wife. Taking her would drive them insane, as for killing her… We would see.

Nova’s P.O.V.

            I shot up out of the bed, my leg once again burning furiously. I didn’t have a vision last night, but my leg hurt like I did. I was scared to what that meant, did another person get killed? How did I not dream that? Why wasn’t I glad that I had a normal dream for once?

            My leg felt like it was on fire, and it wouldn’t stop. I stifled a scream and hobbled to Hanna’s bathroom. The scarred flesh on my leg looked terrible, and when I touched it, it only burned worse. I had no idea how to explain this to anyone, and I knew that if I told my father, he would only lock me up- and treat me like a science experiment. If I told Hanna, she would find a way to tell me I’m imagining it. There was one person who might know what’s going on with me, but I wasn’t even going to consider Derek. Nope. Wasn’t going there at all.

            “Nova?” A tired sounding Hanna asked. “Are you alright?”

            “Yeah, I’m fine.” I tried to say without sounding pained.

            “Oh you know you’re not!” I heard feet moving and before I could stop her Hanna was in the bathroom, staring wide-eyed at my leg. “Oh my god. What, what’s up with your leg?”

            “It’s nothing really. It just hurts, I need to get back to my house now- thank for everything.” I tried to get past her, but she grabbed my wrist and stopped me from leaving.

            “That doesn’t look like nothing. Nova, you just told me that you knew the existence of werewolves, but you can’t tell me why those huge claw marks on your leg is hurting you so bad?”  I sighed, she was right; I can trust her with anything.

            “Honestly Hans, I don’t know what it is! I keep having dreams, and these dreams are always of me killing someone. When I wake up, my leg is burning like hell, and they’re on the news dead! It’s not like I’m the one doing it though, its like- I’m seeing it through someone else’s eyes.”

            She looked at me for a minute, “And this has been happening ever since you were attacked in the woods?”

            “Yes… I’m not sure what it means. And I don’t even know if I want to find out!”

            “Maybe you should ask Derek!” Hanna suggested.

            My face turned red, “No. We’re not asking Derek, that’s the last thing I need to do.”

            She looked at me, “You’re blushing.” She thought for a minute. “Oh, you so still have a thing for him!”

            I backed away from her, “No Hanna, I don’t.” Lie. “Even if I did, still have a thing for him, which I don’t,” Lie again. “I don’t think it’s attractive that I’m hunting his..his kind.” The last part came out very awkwardly, because whenever I thought of Derek, I never thought of the bad side of him; but I thought about how great his rock hard chest felt, and how close I got to tasting those lips-

            “Whatever Nova, you guys will be a thing. I’ll bet money on it.”

            I rolled my eyes at her, and we continued to try and figure out what the hell was wrong with my leg.

            ---

            I left Hanna’s around seven; my leg finally stopped hurting, thank God. Spending the day with her was nice. I felt better that I had someone other than Amber, Jack, and my father to talk to. When I pulled up to my house, I noticed my mother’s car parked on the curb. Huh, I didn’t know she would be off of work right now. I hadn’t gotten regular hourly text from her either, maybe she was passed out in her bedroom or something.

            I pushed the door of my house open, and yelled out a very cliché “hello?”  I was hoping my dad wasn’t home, our last encounter definitely not being pleasant. And I sure as hell haven’t forgiven him for being undoubtedly responsible for my brother’s demise.

            “Nova, sweety, you’re home.” My dad said, acting like we never had that argument.

            “Where’s mom?” I wanted to talk to her, I haven’t seen her in like two days, and I really needed to make sure she wasn’t worked absolutely to death.

            “Still at work, I suppose. She hasn’t come home yet.” He said nonchalantly.

            Still at work? She was supposed to be home this morning, and her car was parked at our curb. I had a bad feeling about this, and almost as if it was agreeing with me; my leg started burning again. Huh, I felt like Harry fucking Potter.

            “Her car is parked outside. She never walks to work, so she should be home.” My father looked at me in a weird way, and I started freaking out. “Has she called you, or texted you?”

            “No…” my dad began.

            I felt my heart drop in my stomach, the last time I had this sickening feeling was when…when Noah died. I raced into the gun closet, grabbing two pistols, a crossbow, and a box full of wolfsbane bullets.

            The alpha had taken my mother, and I wasn’t going to give him the option to kill her.

---

I raced through the woods, gun loaded, and aimed at anything and everything that crossed my path. I wasn’t going to let that stupid alpha take my mother too, so I was going to kill him before he got the chance to kill her.

            I was nearly blinded by my anger, it didn’t help that it was dark. I knew I should have called Amber, or Jack, or even let my dad come out here with me; but I didn’t want to give them a chance at the alpha. He had made things personal with me from the day he took my brother.

            I wasn’t even scared anymore, I was jumping at every little sound- but that was just because I was so intent on finding the alpha and my mom, that I didn’t let a single sound get by me. I had mistakenly shot a few innocent animals, and I decided to switch to my crossbow- as to not waste my wolfsbane bullets.

            While I was switching weapons, I heard it, the menacing growl that I had been searching for. I turned around, and was met by nothing. Oh how sweet, the stupid fucking alpha wanted to mess with me. Well, I wasn’t here to play games.

            At the next sign of movement I shot my crossbow, and the sound of it flying through the woods, followed by a grunt in pain made satisfaction spread across my lips. I walked towards my target, only to be stunned at who I saw.

            “Derek?”

 ---

Uh Oh! Nova shot the wrong wolf! My lovelies, comment your thoughts of this chapter?

What you liked, didn't like? I don't know.. talk to me!

Song- Miss Jackson knows what you did in the dark- Panic! At the Disco and Fall Out Boy Mash Up

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.7K 29
Tyler has been kept in the dark. She knows virtually nothing about werewolves and she rarely ever gets to shift. Then, men break into her house, slau...
3.3K 117 45
Aurora, a very innocent and stupid girl. Although she may act like a nerd, look like a nerd, think like a nerd, and other nerdy stuff nerds do... sh...
1.1K 110 39
Life is all about making choices and sometimes, the toughest choices could save your life. Alexis Archer used to be the quiet girl, she used to have...
685K 11.6K 32
"Oh god," I made little gasping sounds, unable to stop my eyes from rereading the note again and again."This can't be happening." Love conquers all...