Finding Severus

By thegirlwhowrites11

Severus Snape is on the run. So many are looking for him: the Ministry, Death Eaters, and at the top of tha... More

1. The Man in the Woods
2. The Visitor
3. Treason
4. Harry
6. Uninvited
7. Detected
8. Rebuilding Hogwarts
9. Caught
10. His Side of the Story
11. The Plan for Revenge
12. Close Encounter
13. No More Running
14. Snape vs. Ministry
15. Beaubaxtons
16. The Trouble With Love
17. Choices

5. Memories

3.1K 145 16
By thegirlwhowrites11

Harry stared at the door. He had no idea why Thea had excused herself. All he had told her was that he wanted to see if Severus had stopped by yet, if she had seen him. She had looked like she wanted to tell him something, but with the amount of sleep he had gotten lately, he couldn't really be sure of anything. She was gone for, what seemed like, forever. He was about to give up and leave. Maybe she had excused herself and hoped he would go away. He hated to bother her. She seemed like such a nice lady. But he had to find Severus. He just had to.

Suddenly, the door opened again. Thea stood there with a smile on her face that could have illuminated the night. She stepped to the side.

"Come on in, Harry."

"No, I don't want to intrude. I just wanted an update. I know I'm harrassing you-"

She cut him off. "You're not harrassing me. Just come inside." Her eyes met his. "Please."

Harry frowned. Why did she want him to come in? She had mentioned him having tea, but he had already told her that he didn't want to intrude. After all, it was late. But he didn't want to be rude either. "Okay then." He stepped inside the house and he heard the door shut behind him.

Harry looked around the room. The house was small, but it was nice and quiet. It seemed like a lovely place. He saw Thea rush past him and disappear down the hall. It was a little unnerving being in the house of a stranger after all he had been through lately.

"Just make yourself at home, Harry!" she called out.

"Thank you," he said. He did as he was told and sat down on the couch. It looked the most comfortable piece of furniture in the room.

Harry took in the rest of his surroundings with a glance. When he reached the point of the room straight across from where he was sitting, a huge lump formed in his throat. There in front of him, was a rocking chair. When the Ministry had raided Snape's home, there had been one very similar sitting by his window. This chair was in the exact same location. It was curious. He was about to get up to examine it up close when he heard footsteps heading back to where he was stationed.

"Thea, I thank you for this, but it isn't necesssary." He rose and turned around...and completely lost his composure.

Harry's mouth fell open in shock. It wasn't Thea who had come back into the room. It was Severus Snape. He looked a little paler than usual, but he seemed to be okay. He was still wearing the same clothes he had on the last time Harry saw him, but most of the blood was gone. It dawned on him immediately. Thea had seen him. She had been taking care of him. In the condition he was in two days ago, that was the only plausible explanation.

"Professor." It was the only word he could get out.

Severus had put on his mask. His expression was completely blank. "Mr. Potter."

Despite the effort to hold them back, tears came to Harry's eyes. "I'm so glad you're here. That you're safe."

"Why? We didn't exactly get along, Potter. Why do you suddenly want to keep me safe?"

Harry stared at him. He thought the answer would be obvious. "Because we got it wrong, didn't we? You were innocent. On our side the entire time. When I saw your memories, the ones you gave to me to help me defeat Voldemort, I was sick. The whole time I despised you, you were risking your life to save me. Now I want to save you."

"It can't be done." Severus swooped a little farther into the room and took a seat in the rocking chair. He was still a little dizzy. "No one would believe you."

Harry reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a small vial. Severus recognized it immediately. It was the one Hermione had given him to gather his memories. He couldn't believe Harry still had it.

"They will if I show them these." Harry smiled. "I've had several days to think about it."

"Potter-"

"Please call me Harry."

Severus took a deep breath. "Harry, you don't want your name to be associated with mine, I assure you. It doesn't matter what proof you provide. There are some that will never forgive me for what I've done. Not for killing Albus especially."

Harry closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them again. It would keep his emotions in check for now. "I forgive you. Completely. For everything."

"Harry-"

"I mean it," he insisted. "I don't blame you for anything that happened. Everything I saw. Your love for my mother, the pact you made with Dumbledore concerning his death, your deception to everyone, it doesn't matter. None of it matters. You're not going to Azkaban for it. I won't let that happen."

Severus couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had always believed Harry to be like James the whole time he had known him, but right now, hearing him speak, he was more like Lily that he could have ever imagined. He was truly touched by what he was trying to do, but ever the pessimist, he knew it would never work.

Harry and Severus both turned as Thea re-entered the room. She smiled at both of them as she hurried into the kitchen. She didn't want to interrupt their conversation, but she didn't want the Shepherd's Pie to burn either.

"Harry, I appreciate this. I really do. It's noble of you to even think of doing such a thing after how I've treated you over the years, but it just won't work."

"You don't know that."

Severus was about to argue when a thought hit him like a ton of bricks. "Wait a minute. How are you alive?" It hadn't occured to him until now, but Harry was supposed to have died. It had slipped his mind. He had found out when he saw a glimpse of him when he was running, but it hadn't really dawned on him until now. "Albus told me you had to die."

Harry smiled. "But there's one thing he didn't tell you because he didn't know." Harry leaned forward. "I saw him. In King's Cross after I died. Voldemort used the curse on me again and I never moved to fight him. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do."

"But it didn't kill you?"

"No. It killed the part of Voldemort's soul inside of me. I understand it now. That's why Dumbledore said it had to be him that did it. Only he could destroy that Horcrux. Me."

Severus was flabbergasted. "Albus kept a lot of secrets."

"He didn't know about this one."

Harry looked up as Thea sat down a tray of tea. She poured a cup and placed it in front of Harry and then poured one for Severus. She took it over to him.

"They'll argue that the memories have been tampered with," Severus declared. "They won't believe you."

"They didn't believe me when I said Voldemort was back either," Harry argued. "I won't let that stop me."

Thea cleared her throat. Severus and Harry both gazed at her. "If I may, I have something to say."

"Of course," Harry said. He was grateful to her for what she had done. The least he could do was hear whatever she had to say.

She licked her lips nervously and looked down at Severus. "Harry is a hero right now. He just killed one of the nastiest, evil wizards that ever lived. People admire him. They want to know what he has to say because he's always on the front page of The Daily Prophet, barring disasters and such. I think they'll listen to him."

Harry smiled.

Severus pressed his lips together. "Really?"

Thea nodded.

He looked at Harry and shrugged. "I can't stop you. It's up to you, Harry, but don't do it on my account."

"You can't run for the rest of your life, Professor."

"Call me, Severus. I'm not your teacher any more."

"No," Harry said, "you're right. You're my friend. That is, if you will have me."

Severus stood. "You are so much like your mother." He hadn't meant it to be said out loud, but he was glad he let the words slip judging by the look on Harry's face. It was admiration. Harry had never looked at him like that before.

"Thank you." Harry got up from the couch. "I'm sorry, but I have to go. We're starting to rebuild Hogwarts early. Well, I am anyway. I'm going to be getting up awfully early." He looked at Severus. "How long will you be here?"

Severus looked at Thea, and then back at Harry. "Until I fully recover."

Harry frowned. "I thought you were better."

"Not all the way," Thea told him. "He's still weak."

"Then I'll wait until you're better to start."

"Wait until Hogwarts is rebuilt," Severus instructed. "It will give you more time to think about it."

"I don't need more time for that."

Harry walked over and offered Severus his hand. They shook hands...and then Harry done something completely unexpected the moment they released each other. He threw his arms around Severus's neck and hugged him tightly. Severus was so shocked he didn't know what to do.

"I'm so glad you're alive," he said when he pulled back. Then he gave Thea a nod and headed toward the door. "I'll be back to visit. I'll let you know how things are going out in the world. Just stay inside and safe."

Severus nodded in understanding. He couldn't speak. It felt like something was caught in his throat. Harry opened the door and walked out, shutting it behind him. It was a few seconds after Harry left when Severus could finally breathe normally again. Thea studied him with a grin.

"You care for him, don't you?"

Severus raised one eyebrow at her. "What makes you think that?"

"You didn't throw him in the floor when he hugged you."

"I was so shocked I couldn't do anything. If you knew our history-" He stopped. Wait a minute. She did know their history. He kept forgetting. "Oh never mind."

Thea chuckled. "Are you ready to eat?"

He nodded. "I am."

"Good. Sit back down and I'll get you a plate."

Severus sat back down. "Thea, you don't have to do this. You don't have to take care of me. It's not your job."

Thea gazed at him over her shoulder. "Then whose job is it?"

Severus didn't answer. She brought his plate into the living room and gave it to him. Then she went back into the kitchen, got a glass of pumpkin juice, and gave it to him as well. "I mean it. You're not responsible for me."

"I am until you're better." She got herself a plate and sat on a stool at the kitchen counter. It was close to the spot where the rocking chair sat. "Which reminds me."

Severus watched as Thea got down from the stool and ran toward the back of the house. When she came back, she was carrying the syringe he had noticed on his bedside table. His body tensed a little. As nice as she seemed, he still didn't know her, but as strange as it was, for some reason, he trusted her now. Maybe it was all she had done for him, a stranger. She walked over to him and rolled up his sleeve.

"May I ask what that is?" Severus questioned.

Thea said, "Sure. It's anti-venom. I've been giving it to you since I found you, along with blood replenishing potion. Did you think I'd been poisoning you?"

He chuckled. He wouldn't have stayed if he had. "No, but I don't know you that well." She looked into his eyes as she administered the anti-venom. "But I want to."

 Thea smiled. She was glad to hear it. Knowing what she now knew, she couldn't wait to get to know the man who had helped save Harry Potter a little bit more. She knew about his life, yes, but she knew nothing about the way he thought or the way he felt about things. However long he stayed, she planned to find out all she could. Severus Snape intrigued her and it had been so long since she'd had contact with another human being. It was a welcome change from her sheltered, and previously boring, existence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 2K 43
*FULL SERIES COMPLETE* This is book 7 of the Draco Malfoy Series. I highly recommend that you read books 1-6 before this one or much of it will make...
55.3K 2.1K 32
Emma Moore, professor in Healing at Hogwarts, has to suppress her feelings for her old best friend and now colleague Severus Snape, who she hasn't se...
46.2K 1.9K 20
Serena Dane has had her heart broken more times than she can count. She lost her parents, her best friend, and the boy who stole her heart all in t...
24.1K 756 11
A shadowing figure emerges from the Veil at the Ministry of Magic. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are reunited by the strange events that seem to revolve a...