My Aching Heart

By chpyyy

Adeline Fay is the daughter of an Alpha. She doesn't know a thing about her father. So Chris, her mate, walks... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 5

5.7K 57 4
By chpyyy

Hello, hello. :) Uploaded on time! Love me or not? HE HE. So, anyways, I still feel kind of bad for ending things with Adeline and Chris. AW. :( THEY WOULD LOOK SO CUTE AND AWESOME TOGETHER!!! Stupid brain of mine. *Grumble* *Grumble* On with the chapter!! :D 

Chapter 5

These past few days have been hell. Literally. It all started when I broke up with Chris. Then he never spoke to me, nor saw me anymore. I could feel the mark from my neck fading away slowly. Hell, I could even see the mark fading away. It brought me pain to know that Chris never loved me. He only used me. For what purposes, I don't know. But he was happy now. And he moved on. Quite quickly, I might say. 

The gossip was spread around the whole school from the moment the students saw Chris walking in, holding hands with Maya, the werewolf girl from his pack, I think. Though I have to admit, they looked like an odd pair, like something was missing. Maya had blond hair, which didn't compliment Chris's sandy brown hair at all. Her blue eyes was what intrigued me the most. It was as if she had seen many things she didn't want to see. It looked as if she had lived through many years in pain and suffering. She was a little overweight, though. But Maya still had curves in the right places. She had an hour-glass figure. Something I could never have, because I was too slim for my liking. But Rachel always teased Maya about being fat. 

Now that was just plain rude. Not to mention mean. But I was still kind of surprised that Maya was Chris's mate. Even the whole school was shocked. Not about the mate part, but the girlfriend, boyfriend part. 

I sighed sadly as they walked, coming towards me. Oh no... I scanned the crowded hallway for Rachel. She was no where to be found. Damn her and Jonah. Gr. I frowned and focused my attention back to my locker, trying to fit in my books gracefully. One of them slipped out of my grasp and fell to the floor with a heavy 'thump'. 

I scowled at it and put in the rest of my books in the locker. I got down and picked the book up, at the same time, Chris just magically decided to appear in front of me. He bent down and picked up the book at the same time I did. I jerked away from his hand like I just had an electric shock and scooted away from him. 

He looked at me sadly and I felt my heart twist in all directions. He still had the same effect on me. I let him go because he already had a mate, and he was happy with her. Maya looked down at me and said, "You okay, Della? You look kind of... Off," She said, concern covering her face. I just shook my head. 

"I'm fine." 

"No, you're not," Chris responded this time, holding my hand in his and helping me up, while handing me the book. Damn him. He knew me too well already. His touch still sent sparks and energy throughout my whole body as his fingers brushed mine. He must have felt the same way, because he cleared his throat and dropped his hand from mine. 

Disappointment flooded through me like a wave. 

Some part of me wanted him to touch me again. The other part of me told me to run away as fast as I could. 

"And how would you know?" I snapped angrily. Maya raised her brows in surprise. "I just know you, Adeline," He simply responded looking me in the eye. He caught sight of the mark on my neck and he grimaced as he saw it fading. Maya frowned, looking in between us. 

"Uh... I'm still here, you know," Maya joked, but I could hear something else in her voice. Jealousy. She was jealous that Chris knew me more than anyone else. Well, he did know you first, the voice said. Oh, shut up, you stupid voice! 

Annoying, much?

"Right. I'm gonna go now, you two have fun." I said, and I could feel venom dripping off my words as soon I as I said them. "What's wrong with her?" I heard Maya ask, but Chris didn't answer. 

In fact, I was pretty sure that he was staring straight at me, because I could feel his intense stare burning into my back as I walked away.

**********

Rachel kept going on and on and on about Jonah and how sweet he had been when they were going out and stuff that I didn't really care about. 

I put my head down on my arm and watched Rachel as she talked about Jonah. I saw that look in her eye whenever she thought about something of Jonah. I saw her movements whenever Jonah was near. 

Heck, I noticed everything she did whenever Jonah was just on her mind. This was starting to become creepy, actually. 

They finished each other's sentences and they always did everything in sync together. It was almost as if they were long lost twins. But I knew they weren't. They didn't even look anything alike. Then Rachel blurted out something to me that I wasn't even aware of. 

"I think I'm in love with him, Della," She said, looking over at me excitedly. 

I shrugged, bored. 

"Oh, when are you going to speak ever again?" She asked, frowning while poking me. I wrapped my arms around my head on the table and began to feel sleepy. I closed my eyes for a few moments, and then the stupid bell rang. I sighed, but continued sleeping anyway. 

I heard footsteps as students began to come into class. Someone tapped my shoulder and I looked up, annoyed, to see Chris staring down at me. "What do you want?" I asked, while putting my head down again, trying to ignore my heart picking up speed. 

"You." 

I jerked my head up once more and looked at him, unable to stop my heart from sprinting away. His eyes bored into mine, as if he could see right through my soul. I looked away. "Well, you can't have me. In case you've forgotten, Maya is still in the damn picture." 

He looked at me confused. 

Hadn't he remembered Maya? I rolled my eyes. "Maya? Your mate? Ring a bell?" I said, snapping my fingers in front of him. 

"Maya...? Oh! Her. Right," He said, recognition glinting in his eyes. For a smart guy, he was pretty dumb at times. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. Her." I said, resting my head on the table again. Chris's footsteps faded away and I looked up again. He was gone. Oh well. Then someone tugged on my hair gently from behind. I frowned and turned around. 

Figures. 

Chris was behind me. I scowled and turned back around. He leaned across the table and brushed my hair out of the way of my neck. He gasped in horror as he saw that the mark was now fading away. Well, he started it!

I quickly brushed my hair back in its position as the teacher came in, carrying a pile of worksheets in his hands. Before we greeted the teacher, I heard Chris inaudibly say, "I'm going to make sure you're going to have the mark back." 

**********

School was over before I knew it and as Rachel and I were walking, she pulled my arm to one side. "Hey! What was that for?" I hissed, shrugging my poor arm away from her grasp. 

"Chris." She whispered, and hid me in the darkness as she walked away from the corner, and stood in front of Chris. "I heard how you broke Della's heart. If you break her ever again, I'll make sure that you'll be the one who's broken. Got that?" Rachel said menacingly yet sweetly. 

Oh jeez! 

This girl was too much sometimes. I frowned, but still stayed in the corner. 

"I know you're there, Adeline. Werewolf, remember?" He said, staring straight at me through the darkness. Ugh. I totally forgot. Wait! He said it in front of Rachel! I stared at Rachel, and she simply looked bored. I looked at her in horror. Did she know about this all along? 

Did she hide this from me? Did she know that Chris was a - 

Oh no... 

Rachel widened her eyes as she caught me staring. Nice try, Rach. But I already know you know. I rolled my eyes as she pretended to be shocked and glared at Chris. He just shrugged. "What? You know about us already, don't you?" He asked hastily. 

Rachel shot him a glare and his lips formed into a tiny 'O'. Aha! So it goes to show that Rachel DID know about werewolves. What kind of best friend was she when she didn't even tell me this? Ugh. Life was so unfair. 

Rachel started to open her mouth to speak, but Chris silenced her. "I think you should go now, Rachel. Adeline and I need to discuss something important," He said, emphasizing on the word 'important'. 

I gulped. This cannot be good. 

Rachel fled immediately and I came out of my hiding spot. 

"Anything I can do for you, Chris?" I asked, trying to be all nonchalant about it, while trying to stop the butterflies in my stomach. 

He stepped nearer towards me and I took a step back. Bad move. My back was pressed against the wall as he advanced towards me. I looked for an escape, but found none available. If I had to go right, I would be stuck at the bathroom's entrance, and if I were to go inside, I'm sure Chris would follow or just stay outside until I came out. If I turned left, I would be trapped by Chris's arm. Too late for that. 

His arm was already trapping me on both sides, making any escape unavailable. 

"Chris..." I started, but he cut me off with his lips pressing against mine. The moment our lips touched, the fire flared back to life again, this time, it was more urgent, filled with much more love and desire for each other. 

On instinct, I wrapped both my arms around his neck and he gripped my waist and pulled me up against him, so that both my legs were locked around his waist. His other hand was supporting the back of my thighs and he continued kissing down my throat, until he reached the mark. 

His lips brushed against the mark and I whimpered softly. He sucked on the skin gently at first, then harder. He bit down gently, and when he pulled away, he gasped. "Wh - What is it...?" I asked, covering my neck as he put me down. "Your mark... It's... It's... Glowing." 

I gasped and ran into the girls' bathroom. I checked each and every cubicle. None was occupied. Chris came strolling in after me and I looked at myself in the mirror. My mark was indeed very shiny and glowing. I looked accusingly at Chris. He held his hands up in surrender. 

"What did you do?" I asked, desperation clear in my voice. 

"I simply marked you again, seeing as the mark has faded," He said, wrapping both his arms around my waist. The mark was shining a bright silver, and it was engraved in a crescent shape like figure. 

"Mine..." He growled possessively, running his lips along my neck. I stepped away from him reluctantly. He growled softly and it was a silent order for me to not go. So I stayed where I was, in his arms. 

"The last time you said it, you ended up breaking my heart," I said, as tears began to form in my eyes, making my vision blurry. 

"I'm so sorry I hurt you, Adeline... Forgive me?" He asked, nuzzling his head against the crook of my neck. I couldn't think straight when he did that. 

"There's nothing to forgive... But... What about Ma - Maya?" I stuttered as his tongue rolled over the mark, which glow was dying down now. It still shone a bit, but the glow was diminishing. 

"Maya was just a distraction for me to get over you. I tried everything. School work, going out, and even Maya. But nothing worked..." He trailed off, his voice filled with emotion that he couldn't hide from. 

"But does Maya know that?" I asked, leaning my head against his chest. 

He nodded. "Yeah. She does." 

"So I guess that we'll have to talk this over at home, huh?" I said, stepping away now, while reaching for the door. He followed me and once we got inside the car, I sped all the way home. "Scared yet, Chris?" I asked, as I stepped on the pedal a little harder as the light turned amber. "I'm a werewolf. What do you think?" He snorted, relaxing into the seat. 

"It always feels nice when you're speeding, don't you think?" He asked, smirking. 

"I guess so...?" I said, unsure of how to reply to that statement. 

He chuckled. Gosh, I missed Chris so much. 

Once we were back at my place, I walked with Chris into the living area and I sat down on the couch, feeling tired. "You want a drink?" I asked him, not looking at him. 

"No. I want you," He said, smirking. I blushed and looked away, scowling. Why did he always have this effect on me? It was getting annoying. He could tease me whenever he wanted without feeling embarrassed. 

I felt something shift beside me and immediately knew it was Chris sitting down beside me. Without realizing what I was doing, it was based on instinct and that he was so cozy to lie on, I leaned my head against his hard chest and he curled an arm around my waist, pulling me tighter towards him. 

"I want you so, so much..." His breath tickled my ear and I shivered against him. He turned me around so that I was facing him and he pulled me onto his lap, so that I was straddling him. He wrapped both arms around my waist, allowing me no escape. 

I pushed him away. "No... We're not supposed to be doing this... Maya would kill me..." I said, wincing a little. 

Chris frowned. "She knows that I'm just using her to pass the time," he said. I gasped. How could someone be so mean? I shook my head. "I didn't know you were that mean, Chris," I said, frowning at him.

He sighed in frustration. "Well, what was I supposed to do? My mate claims that I was lying to her, and then she broke up with me, and then now she says that I'm mean?" 

I flinched at his tone. "Right. I'm sorry... It's just... So frustrating now... You know?" I said, looking at him. He looked down at me lovingly. "I know. And I'll be here with you all along," he said, kissing my forehead. 

Well, we might not be back together entirely, but... At least it's a start, right?

End of this chapter! Wait for the next one! HEHE! :D I seem to have misplaced my freaking school books. DAMN IT. Sorry if it's so short. I have to go find my stuff nao. >.< I'll upload soon!!!! Just wait! Nyahahaha! :3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

810 51 12
Lia Wood. She is 17 turning 18. In her pack she is treated as lower than an omega. On her 18th birthday her brother Leo and her run away. Now a year...
617 45 35
When Alpha Andrin Grey, who owned the largest most powerful pack went for a visit, the alpha's daughter who had a dormant wolf seemed to make him add...
79 0 20
A young werewolf in her early twenties has been living a spoiled isolated life under the ruling of her Alpha father, Apollo of the NightShade Pack. W...
85.5K 3.3K 31
In a world where the Moon Goddess blesses certain wolves with abnormal, powerful gifts, Wyren Thorn is a cursed wolf. Living in a pack whose Alpha (e...