Saving Grace. [Alex Gaskarth]

By Lauren_Grace

❝You need a saving grace, Ivory-Grace?❞ More

Lunch.
He's Nice.
May I stay?
'And Yeah.'
Someday
Hazel's Hill.
I Can't Sleep.
Maybe...
Fast Asleep.
Because I am.
Did we just?
Hello You.
Shut Up Jack.
To Hazel's.
Blinked in Minutes.
Not So Fast...
Tomorrow.
Ha. Ha. Ha.
Fun Size.
Surprise!
Gone.
PRIVATE PROPERTY.
We're Fine.
Alone.
Pack Your Stuff.
Morning Beautiful.
That's My Girl.
You What?
Let's Do This.
Morning Sunshine.
Tell Me To Stay.
It's For The Best.
Pretty Brown Eyes
Nice, Attractive.
Hmm.
Let Me.
Stop.
More than Anything.
Wish Me Luck.
Nice One.
Don't Frown.
England.
Allow Me.
I'm Sensing That.
Go Exploring.
Sing To Me.
Not This Time.
You Trust Me.
I Found Mine.
Saving Grace.

I Miss You.

5.6K 137 76
By Lauren_Grace

IVORY

"You're there?" 

"Yep! Been here about an hour sweetie." Alex answered. 

"What's it like?" I answered happily.

"Well...all I'm seeing is a crappy venue surrounded by dustbins, so not as we expected." He chuckled.

"Oh." I answered bluntly, unsure of what to say. 

"I miss you." He whispered.

"I miss you too." I sighed, throwing my head back against the wall. 

"Only 5 weeks left eh?" He said optimistically. 

"Yep...5 weeks." I said, kicking a stone away from me. 

"Chin up darling, I'll be home soon." He said brightly. 

"I better go...good luck for later!" I smiled. 

"I love you." He said softly. 

"Love you too Gaskarth." I chuckled weakly. 

The line cut out leaving me sat in the shop alone once more, the giant stack of paper work was mocking me in the corner. I sighed and grabbed a pen, beginning to sign things off, when Taylor strolled in. 

"Hello my lady." He grinned. 

"Since when did you call me that?" I laughed. 

"I don't, but it cheered you up right?" He winked. 

"And that's why you're my favourite." I grinned, standing up and brushing myself off. 

"You spoke to him today?" He inquired. 

"Yeah, like a couple minutes ago." I smiled. 

"How's New York?" He asked. 

"Crappy, apparently." I shrugged. 

"Oh...well at you're still talking." He smiled.

"Why wouldn't we be?" I frowned.

"You read a lot, what usually happens?" He said, rolling his eyes. 

"Oh, right." I whispered, pushing past him and grabbing my rucksack. 

I walked out the shop to be greeted with a raging thunderstorm, sighing, I tightened the grip on my bag and ran for it. I loved thunderstorms - don't get be wrong - be being in the middle of one? Not so much fun. 

"You're all wet! Wait outside till you dry off! I've got company and you're making me look bad!" Chelsea screamed in my face as I opened the front door. 

"Chelsea I'll just get wetter - it's pouring down!" I sighed.

"Don't care!" She smirked, before slamming the door in my face. 

"Dammit." I frowned, looking up at the black sky. 

I walked to the back of the house and tried to figure out how Alex had climbed up to my room that night. I looked at the guttering and sighed, realising that was going to be my only way in. I latched myself onto the drain pipe and pulled myself up until I was at my window ledge. After aimlessly pushing and tugging the window, it eventually opened, allowing me to tumble inside breathlessly.

'Because when I'm with you, I feel like I'm right at home...' 

I fumbled around trying to find my phone in my rucksack, my hands were shaking from the cold and I was still dripping wet. 

"Alex?" I said frantically, eventually finding it. 

"Ivory? You okay? Taylor texted me saying you were upset." He said quickly.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just had a little adventure..." I trailed off, not wanting to worry him with the whole story.

"Tell. Me. What. Happened." He demanded. 

"Chelsea left me outside in the rain, I climbed up the drain pipe like you did to get in my room, that's all." I said quickly, hoping he'd let it go.

"I'm coming home." He stated angrily. 

"Lex calm down I'm fine!" I sighed, stripping myself of my hoodie and soaked jeans. 

"Sure you are, climbing up a drain pipe during a thunderstorm is totally fine!" He said sarcastically.

"You did it!" I said accusingly.

"That was different Ivory." He sighed, obviously rolling his eyes. 

"Whatever Alex, I'm perfectly capable." I frowned, annoyed he thought so little of me. 

"You're little and fragile Ivory-Grace, you shouldn't have to climb up drain pipes because your sister won't let you use the front door!"

"I'm fine Alex!" I practically screamed. 

I ended the call and flopped on my bed, screwing the sheets up in my hands to release the tension. I was angry he thought so little of me, but I missed him like hell, which is never a good combination. 

'Because when I'm with you, I feel like I'm right at home...' 

"Look Alex I don't want to talk right now o-"

"Um, is this Ivory Brown?" A different voice said down the phone.

"Yeah?" I said, confusion laced through my voice.

"This is Doctor Simpson calling, from St. Joseph's medical hospital, is your father Harry Brown?"

"Y-Yeah..." I stuttered out.

"I'm afraid to inform you your father has been admitted after an overdose, were you aware of his mental state?" He asked calmly.

"N-Not to that e-extent." I frowned, biting my lips to try and ease the tears.

"He has had a breakdown, and is now in a critical condition, could you come down to the hospital?"

"S-Sure." 

"Thank you, I am sorry for this news."

With that he hung up, leaving me in silence while I thought about what had happened. I know I wasn't exactly close to my dad, but he was the only thing I had left of my family, there was a time when he cared, when he loved me, he was my dad for God's sake. I was about to lose both parents, leaving me with no one. 

I jogged downstairs to find Chelsea sat on some guys lap, I coughed to make my presence known causing her to look up and growl at me. 

"What?" She snapped. 

"D-Dad's in hospital...o-overdose." I whispered. 

Chelsea's eyes widened and she quickly got off the guy's lap, grabbing her car keys and looking at me.

"Come on, let's go." She frowned, her eyes wide with panic. 

I nodded and followed her, stumbling out into the rain once more and climbing into her car. We drove in silence, her grip on the wheel tightening as we approached the hospital. Despite the past events, I was worried about her a little, she never showed how much it hurt her losing Mom, but she was always closer to Dad, so I dreaded to think what could happen.

We pulled up at the hospital and Chelsea quickly sprinted out of the car, leaving it unlocked. I stumbled after her, running to reception. 

"We're here to see Harry Brown." She said bluntly.

"Relation?" The women said in a monotone voice. 

"Daughters." Chelsea said frantically.

"Room 182." She sighed, as if it were a chore. 

Chelsea grabbed my arm and pulled me into the elevator. We waited until we reached the second floor before sprinted to his room. 

"Ivory, Chelsea, good to see you made it." Dr. Simpson smiled once we got inside. 

"Is he okay? What's going on?" Chelsea said quickly.

"Why don't you girls sit down?" He suggested. 

Me and Chelsea begrudgingly perched on the provided chairs, I was shaking uncontrollably with tears slowly slipping down my cheeks. 

"There's no easy way to say this, but we don't think he's gonna make it."

A/N: Ivory's ringtone was 'When I'm at Home' by 'The Maine'.

Everyone wish my sister Happy Birthday as she turned 13 yesterday, happy birthday @charlieweez! :D <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 9.1K 104
WATTY NOMINEE 2019 There are many things that make a man great. Heroism. Bravery. Strength. Reputation. But above all, a sad truth is that purpose is...
246K 7.3K 48
" His absence is a missing limb. " Inseguinwetrust the mandalorian season one-season two Highest...
243K 9.5K 53
To save her kingdom, Athelia must put aside her savage life as the Daughter of War and do what must be done - even if that meant uniting her kingdom...
8.6K 126 45
After a botched robbery pulls Claire into a war between the mob and a masked vigilante; she's forced to choose a side. Her family or a man she knows...