His Sister ➣ s.m

By theeshawnmendes

Have you ever imagined having a famous sibling? You know, a sibling that is in the top ten on famousbirthdays... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
a c k n o w l e d g e m e n t s

s i x t e e n

816 29 18
By theeshawnmendes

"Your words cut deeper than a knife, now I need someone to breathe me back to life..."

I sing the lyrics quietly to myself, keeping my eyes closed.

All of Shawn's music and his voice reminded me of how proud I was of him and how far he had come from when he was just a fourteen year old kid with a guitar.

"Maddie?" I hear in the distance. I jump in surprise, turning the music down. It was Shawn, peeking into my room. I sit up instantly, looking around at the clock.

"Um, Shawn it's only twelve twenty-six, you can't be here before one." I say, taking an earbud out.

"Pshht, who said I followed the rules?" he says, walking into my room and closing the door. He had changed out of his wet clothes and into clean ones. He was wearing a burgundy Burton hoodie and some dark-wash jeans. He crawls back into my bed, snuggling up next to me.

"I see you found your gift." he says, smiling.

"Of course I did." I say.

"Did you like it?" he asks, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Did I like it? Are you kidding me? It's the best present I've ever received." I say. This made him blush.

"I thought you would like it." he mumbles into my shoulder. I grin, pulling up the camera icon on my phone. I take a cute selfie with Shawn with my bottom lip puckered out, obviously representing that I wasn't feeling well, and Shawn kissing my cheek. It was a really adorable photo, so I posted it on my Twitter and Instagram.

@themaddiedallas: so lucky to have my best friend by my side ❤️ @shawnmendes

I post the picture, almost immediately getting comments and likes. I check the Instagram comments.

"Y'all date?"

"why's Maddie in the hospital?"

"omfg she's so lucky"

I decide to respond back to a couple of them just to be nice.

"@karamendes1998 nah, we're not dating, just really close friends."

"@caseymiller832 I'm in the hospital for personal reasons and I'm not really ready to make it public yet, sorry 😘"

"@taylorg73 Shawn said he loves you 😉"

"Hey, Maddie! I never said that!" Shawn says, grabbing for my phone.

"She's a fan, I'm just being nice!"

"Lying is not nice, Maddie!" Shawn says. I laugh, holding my phone above my head so he can't get it.

All of a sudden, the door opens, and Shawn and I freeze in our spots. A nurse peers in to the room, glancing between us.

"You can't be in here." she says to Shawn, glaring at him.

"I'm just trying to make my girlfriend feel better. She's really sick and no one ever comes to visit her except me. Please let me stay, she gets really lonely." Shawn says smoothly, hugging me to his side and planting a kiss on my cheek. I go along with it, hugging Shawn tightly and plastering a fake pout on my face for effect.

The nurse purses her lips.

"Fine, you can stay. But you have to be quiet, there's an elderly man across the hall from you who complained." she says, leaving. Once I know she's out of earshot, I let go of Shawn, laughing.

"You play the girlfriend card too easily." I say. Shawn chuckles, exposing his perfect, white teeth.

"It's not the first time I've had to do it." he says. I smile, remembering all the times when we've had to fake-date for the public.

"You're a loser." I say. Shawn laughs, pulling me to his side.

"You're a loser." he says. I roll my eyes, pushing him off the bed.

"Ow! What was that for?" Shawn says.

"Dunno. Just wanted to have the satisfaction of seeing you fall off my bed." I say. Shawn laughs, crawling back under my covers.

There was a light knock at the door.

"Come in." I say.

The door opened and a girl my age with long brown hair came in, closing the door behind her quietly, turning towards me.

My heart drops.

"Jenna?!" I practically scream, pushing Shawn off the bed again, earning me a loud grunt from him. I jump off the bed, holding my arms out for her to run and hug me, being careful not to yank my IVs or tubes out.

"Hug me, brotha!" I say.

"Hey, girl." she whispers into my ear, a quiet sob escaping her lips.

"How are you here? What are you doing here?"

"I flew here as soon as I heard about you being in the hospital. I can't stay for long, though, I have to leave in two days, right after your birthday, because my mom gets really protective, but I promise I'll make every moment worth it." Jenna says. I cry into her shoulder.

Jenna has been my friend for almost as long as Shawn and I have been friends. She was my midget cheerleading buddy in the first grade. She taught me how to do the splits and some tricks when I was six, and we've been friends ever since.

We pull apart, laughing at each other's faces. Her mascara was smearing slightly, so I fix it for her. We breathe, trying to calm back down. When we're done crying, Jenna's eyes flick to Shawn, who was awkwardly sitting on the edge of my hospital bed.

"Ew, why is he here?" she says in disgust, scanning him head to toe.

Did I forget to mention Shawn and Jenna despised of each other?

Yep. I couldn't describe it, it was a love-hate relationship, but mostly hate. They basically just teased each other all the time.

"Nice to see you too, Jen." Shawn mumbles.

"Ew, don't ever call me that again." she says. I chuckle.

"Guys, please don't start." I say, interrupting them.

"What a lovely reunion this was, but you can leave now, Jen. Maddie and I were kinda having a moment before you interrupted." Shawn says.

"Oh, you were?" Jenna asks, glancing at me.

"Ugh, not like that. Just both of you, shut up!" I say, rolling my eyes. I get back into my bed, crawling under the sheets.

"Get out of her bed, muffin boy." Jenna says. Shawn doesn't budge, so she literally pulls him off the bed and replaces his spot, cuddling up next to me.

"Um, excuse me..." Shawn says, glaring down at Jenna.

"You can leave now. Maddie and I were having a moment before you interrupted." she mocks, and I can't help but laugh. Shawn doesn't say anything. He walks around the side of the bed, getting in behind me, trapping me in a Jenna and Shawn sandwich.

"Get out of my bed. I cuddled you all last night, I want some time with Jenna." I tease at Shawn.

"You liked it, though." Shawn says, winking.

"Ew, go PDA somewhere else, lovebirds." Jenna says.

"But this is my bed-"

"I don't care, y'all can go bang yourselves silly somewhere else-"

"Jenna!" Shawn and I shout at the same time.

"Whatever, we all know it's true." Jenna mumbles.

I close my eyes, sighing.

I was really looking forward to the next couple of days with these two.

Note sarcasm.

⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲

Okay, important question:

IN YOUR OPINION, SHOULD MADDIE AND SHAWN DATE, OR NAH?

everyone is sending mixed signals and idk what to do. Some people ship #Mallas (that ship name tho...) and I want to make you guys happy. I seriously have no clue what I should do. Someone wanna help? 🌚

Thanks if you actually commented on that haha, if not that's cool too.

Don't forget to vote on this, please! 😘

Lysm and I'll see y'all next chapter, hopefully. ❤️❤️

(word count: 1283)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7M 230K 95
Highest Rank: #19 First Book: Badly Written!! Read at your own risk LOL! Kaye is Cameron Dallas little sister. What happens when a few of the Magcon...
82.3K 1.2K 34
Hey, I'm just your average sixteen year old girl. Brown hair with bright blue eyes. 5'5 and a half. A belly button ring. Tongue ring. Just don't tel...
145K 2.8K 21
Kayla didn't expect her brother would become famous. Now her whole life has been flipped upside down. Instead of sitting at home texting her only two...
13.6K 189 21
This story is about a girl named Hailey who was adopted by The Cameron Dallas and dated his bestfriends. Copyright