Unexpected Love (EDITING!)

De LostDreamer143

Karmen and Nathan have been friends forever but when the two share an unexepected vacation together, things c... Mais

Just Friends?
Anniversary
Robert
Art and Love
The Doctors Results
Hospitals Are Not Fun
Wolves on the Loose
It's a Cycle
Powers
Private Time
Birth
Transformation
Family Takes Care of Family
The Gift
Hangover
The Ultimate Birthday

Finally Home

18 0 0
De LostDreamer143

They woke up when the plane hit concrete. They smiled at each other and then collected their stuff. They kissed each other right before they exited the plane. As soon as they exited the plane, they saw their parents and were greeted by family affections. Karmen ran to her mom and her dad, while Nathan ran to his dad. They talked to their parents for about ten minutes, but then Ronald, Nathan’s dad, asked,

“Are you kids’ hungry? Dinner is on me!”

“Sure where are we going?” Karmen asked.

“I don’t know. Where would you guys want to go?”

“How about we go to The Rain Forest Cafe? It is not that far away from here, but first I would like to go home and drop these suitcases off. I’ll meet you guys there.” Karmen suggested.

“I think I should go home too. I’ll pick up Karmen, so she doesn’t have to waste gas, and we’ll meet you at the restaurant.”

“Okay.” The parents’ said, (Clueless of what Karmen and Nathan were planning to do.)

Karmen and Nathan did what they said they were going to do and as Nathan went to go pick Karmen up, he noticed that Karmen had changed clothes. She was applying lip gloss to her lips when Nathan had pulled up. As she got in his car, Nathan just smiled. He finally said,

“You look nice. Why did you change clothes?”

“Because the other pair smelt like my medicine I had on my cheeks. I am surprised you didn’t notice it. It was so strong to me.”

“Well I didn’t notice it or if I did, it didn’t bother me. So, where is The Rain Forest Café?”

“On Feudal Street and InuKag Blvd. You can’t miss it.”

Karmen and Nathan talked about how they were going to tell their parents about their relationship, until they were only a block away from the restaurant. They did not want their parents to hear what they were talking about, so they quickly changed the subject of the conversation to their vacation in Hawaii.

When they got to the restaurant, Nathan parked his car in the back parking lot and opened the door for Karmen. They walked with each other until they got to the front door and saw their parents waiting for their buzzer to beep. Karmen thought to herself for a minute.

They still haven’t said a word about us walking in together, side by side, and that we were spending more time with each other than with our parents!

The buzzer beeped as soon as Karmen and Nathan went to sit down. They weren’t upset but they were most likely thinking: Couldn’t be better timing!

They got a table that sat eight although we only had seven. Nathan sat next to Karmen, which sat next to her mom, who sat next to Karmen’s dad, who sat next to Karmen’s grandmother, who sat next to her brother, who sat next to Ronald, who sat next to Nathan. That was such a handful! They all ordered different meals, so they thought it would be funny if they just passed their plates around and get a sample from everyone’s plate. When they got their own plate, they were suddenly full. They got a couple of To-Go boxes then started talking.

Nathan and Karmen talked about their vacation, leaving main details out about them being together the whole time, and then showed them pictures. They also skipped over pictures that had them kissing or hugging each other. After that conversation Karmen’s mom started talking about her business trip in Florida. The ‘dads’ jumped in the conversation too. They only talked about sport games they watch. They talked a little about cars, but their part of the conversation was mostly about sports.

The two families departed and as Karmen was walking to the rest room; Nathan suddenly had to go also. When they turned the corner, where they knew their parents couldn’t see them, they kissed each other. It was a brief moment, but it was totally worth it. They stared at each others eyes for a while, until they heard someone coming. They quickly ran into separate restrooms, and then walked out casually. Karmen applied new lip gloss on her lips and Nathan fixed his shirt and walked out.

Karmen went to her parents’ house first and they watched a movie together. On the other hand, Nathan went to take his dad home. They tried to watch a game, but got interrupted by questions they asked each other. First Ronald asked a question.

“So… It looks to me that you and Karmen are more than friends now, huh.”

“What are you talking about dad? Where did that question come from?”

“First of all, you have some shiny gloss-type stuff on your lips.”

“Okay… what if I put on lotion and rubbed my face?”

“Well, did you do that? Don’t lie to me son.” Ronald said doubtfully but serious.

“No.”

“So answer my first question. Are you two more than friends now? I won’t be mad or anything. I actually think it is great you two finally settled down for each other. I am happy about it!”

“Dad, please. Yes, Karmen and I are more than friends now, but why are you so happy?”

“If you are happy, then I am happy. It is a genetic type of thing.”

“Oh, okay. Thanks.”

“So, when is the wedding?!”

“Dad! Please! Stop! I don’t want to marry her just yet. It is just getting a little awkward in this house. I’m going to take a drive around the area and I’ll be back. You should go out more, and I don’t mean to Karmen’s dad, but other places.”

“Okay, I’ll try to stay up, but I think I am just going to crash.”

“Bye.”

Nathan got in his car and hesitated for a moment. He started to call Karmen to tell her how he told his father about their relationship, but he didn’t call. Instead, he just drove to her house, but she wasn’t there. He started freaking out, but then calmed himself down when he remembered that she may be over at her parents’ house. So, Nathan drove to the correct house and then stopped around the corner. He decided to call anyway, but to ask if he could come over. The phone rang once or twice then Karmen answered the phone.

“Hello.”

“Hello, this is Nathan. I was wondering if you needed anyone to come pick you up from your parents’ house.”

“Okay, yes I do want someone to come pick me up. Do you mind if you could pick me up?”

“Nope, because I am outside right now.”

Karmen peeked out the window and saw the red Corvette parked outside. She said, “Wow that was quick. How did you get here so fast?”

“My dad brought up a particular subject that I really didn’t want to talk about, so I left the house to take a drive around the city. I decided to go to your house, but you weren’t there so I drove here. I hope you don’t mind.”

“No, I don’t mind, but I am curious. What subject did you didn’t want to discuss with your father?”

“Um, relationships. He knows about you and I…”

“You cracked under pressure didn’t you? Really Nathan, I thought you were stronger than that…”

“I didn’t crack under pressure. He found out on his own…Where are your parents right now?”

“Sorry... My dad is sleep and my mom is upstairs watching The Young and the Restless. You know I can’t understand how she watches that. It is so boring.”

“Yeah, I know how you feel. My mom watches that too. Do you want to leave now or do you want me to come back later?”

“I’ll be right out. I have to go say bye to my parents and my little knuckle-head brother.”

“You are how old and you still call your brother a knuckle-head.”

“Be quiet. It is not like you call your brother and sister names too” – “Bye mom. I think I am going to go home now. I will see you tomorrow.”

“See you later.” Karmen’s mom said half asleep.

“Nathan, are you still there?”

“Yeah I'm here. I was just thinking of something. You ready?”

“Yeah.” Karmen said walking out the door and locking it behind her.

When Karmen got in the car, she looked over to see Nathan. She saw that he was crying. She asked, “What’s wrong Nathan? Did I do something wrong? Please tell me.”

“Well, my brother just went into the hospital right now. I just got off the phone with my father and he said that Robert had gotten shot in the shoulder.”

“Well, we need to go to the hospital pronto! Do you want to go pick up your dad first?”

“He is already at the hospital. One of his neighbors drove him, because he knew I probably wouldn’t answer my phone.”

“Okay then, put the pedal to the medal and lets' go to the hospital!”

Nathan chuckled for a moment and then said, “You look so cute when you get angry and/or paranoid. I just love it.”

“Oh be quiet. Well I guess being paranoid comes in handy sometimes. When you are sad, I get paranoid and you think I am cute when I get all freaked out. By you liking my cuteness, that makes you happy. Funny, huh?”

“Yeah I guess so. If it was darker, you wouldn’t have been able to see crying. Remember, I said men cry in the dark, but not today. The tears just took over me.”

“That’s okay. I am okay with you crying, as long as it isn’t on a daily bases.”

“Yeah, that won’t happen. I think I am tougher than that.”

Nathan drove to the hospital and went to in to find Nathan brothers room. Once they found the room, the tears started pouring out of Nathan again. Nathan caught hold of himself when Robert became conscious. The family wasn’t jumping up with joy, instead they were worried. Robert looked at them like they were complete strangers. Nathan tried explaining who they were to him, but he still doubted him. It took him four hours to actually remember them. Of course someone had a picture.

Robert was barely able to move his arms, but he managed to give his family hugs. Karmen was shy at first, but then Nathan pulled her over to his brother. Karmen hugged him, but her mind was in another place at the moment. Robert managed to hold her longer than anyone else, but no-one noticed it. Karmen was thinking about what Nathan’s father was thinking. She was almost scared to be in the same room as him, while he knew their secret.

“Are you ok? This doesn’t bother you does it? We can leave if that will make you happier.” Nathan said. Talking at a low whisper, so only Karmen and he could hear the conversation.

“No I’m fine. It is just weird being in the same room with your whole family and me, the only ‘Eddings’ family member here.”

“Well, we could leave. I am okay with that. Besides, my brother looks like he can drift off to sleep any moment now. Come on.”

“Okay. Where are we going?”

“To your house.”

They excused themselves from the room and then left. Karmen calmed down a bit, but was still thinking on how she was going to tell her parents; more or less, her dad than her mom. Karmen’s mom was very quick in noticing when Karmen’s mood or attitude changed, but her dad, not so much.

Nathan interrupted the silence, by saying, “So… How has your day been going? Mine has been going good. Especially spending it with you.”

“Thanks for asking. Today has been going good too.”

“Great. Why aren’t you talking much? Did I upset you, if I did, I am sorry for that.”

“Nathan, for the last time, I am not upset. I am not upset with you. I am actually kind of sleepy. I will try to stay up as long as I can.”

“That’s a relief. Do you want me to spend the night again?”

“‘Yawn’ Yes. Yes I do. I have some basketball… shorts and plain white… t-shirts you can use… for pajamas. You don’t have to use… them though. ‘Yawn’.”

“Let me get you home. Any second now and you…”

Karmen had already fallen asleep.

Nathan drove Karmen home and carried her to her room. He kept thinking to himself, Karmen is a really heavy sleeper. She can’t feel me lifting her up and moving her. As soon as he finished his thought, Karmen woke up. Nathan didn’t notice her wake up, so he just kept walking up the stairs while whistling Karmen’s favorite song. Karmen cuddled up closer to Nathan and then he noticed she was awake. He let her sleep and continued walking to her bedroom.

“This lady has a lot of stairs. She should really think about installing an elevator.” Nathan said panting.

He set Karmen on the bed and kissed her forehead. He started to look for the clothes Karmen was talking about, but he changed his mind. He did not want to invade Karmen’s privacy. He found a notepad and stated making plans for tomorrow. He had a couple of options, but the one thing he wanted to do at that moment was go to sleep, so he did. Nathan took off his shoes and then slid into the bed with Karmen. Karmen noticed his presence so she rolled over onto his chest. Nathan put his arm around Karmen and then fell asleep.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.6K 98 24
We've been friends since grade school. Best friends at that. Never did anything without each other. We can't imagine being separated. Well, actually...
723 69 29
you deserve to know, I loved you. I still do you'll forever have a piece of my heart. I cry for u, ache for u and retouch our memories that slowly fa...
157K 8.3K 41
▪▪▪ They spent 3000 nights watching each other from afar. Both plagued by a sense of longing towards the other, girl and wolf. Stuck, on opposite s...
760 107 15
Biological parents. Both Jersey and Jillean see it as the most uninteresting term ever created in this world. The people they needed the most, but sc...