Protector

By HiiPower_333

In the madness of the world there is still a perfection yet to be destroyed by no one, a love story between K... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72

Chapter 18

101 1 0
By HiiPower_333

"Here is our guest room." He open the creamy white door with the golden handle. 

Inside is more luxurious then I could ever imagine with a view over looking a small man made lake and the forest on display with the big glass window. The bed is bigger then mine with a high canopy and expensive silk sheets that looks too pretty to mess up. 

"Wow." I breathe "Your home is beautiful" I walk towards the window in awe. 

"My mom loves beautiful things" He mumbled sitting down on the leather white chair. "Can I ask you something?" 

I avert my eyes away from the view to him looking up at me in a serious expression. I sat down on the chair next to folding my legs feeling comfortable. 

"Sure." I shrugged. 

"Will you ever act the way you did with Shadow with me?" He asked. 

I took a while to process the question not quiet sure what to say. I wasn't expecting him to asked this to me. He stares at me, his eyes flickering to every inch of my face making me lean back on the chair to move away from his heavy gaze.

"Will you ever act the way Shadow is when you are with me Tate?" I took his question and point it back to him.  

"Hmm" He replies a small smirk flickering over his lips. "How does Shadow act the way I don't?"

I smiled remember the playfull beautiful wolf that licked my tears and tackle to the ground nuzzling his snout on me. The way he place his head on my lap whislt I ramble on about my day. I felt comfortable with Shadow like an old friend I missed. Tate is intimidating, his presence, the way he simply looks at you like he is purposely trying to make you uncomfortable.

"Shadow is playful and relaxed."

"And I'm not?" Amusement flickered over his face.

"You're kidding right?" I laughed. "You practically scare everyone at school."

"I could be playful, I could be nice if I want to." He shrugged.

"You choose not to." I state "For someone so young you sure take life too seriously"

"Let's not make this all about me now" He smirk "I asked you a question you didn't answer."

"I act the same when I'm with you" I lied not bothering to sound convincing.

He narrow his eyes at me seeing right through that pathetic lie.

"Fine tell me how differently I act?" I sighed

"You tell me things and you tell me because you want to. When I ask a question you answer me like I'm interrogating you." He chuckles.

"Is that what you want? For me to tell you things?"

"Maybe I do"

We stare at each other for awhile both of us searching for something we want to understand from each other.

"Are you excited to find your mate someday?" I asked the question that has been bugging me since I got the information.

"No I don't want a mate" He said quickly not giving it a second thought.

"But your dad said there has never been a rejection." I frown surprised by his answer.

"I know that. I know that having a mate, your soul mate changes you and they become your world. I've seen my mom and dad look at each other and be so deeply in love"

"And you don't want that?" I look at him bewildered.

"I don't want to not have a choice on someone I would want to spend my life with. I don't want some destiny to choose who I love. I don't want these uncontorlable feelings that changes my mind." He spoke almost angrily. "It's like a toxic illusion that has blocked us sometimes from seeing what our mate truly are because sometimes people don't deserve that kind of love. Sometimes people doesn't derseve to be happy"

There is so much hidden anger in his tone that had my curiosity spiking up seeing the way his face hardens and his eyes turned cold. There's a deeper meaning into what he's saying.

"You say that now but when you meet her everything you thought you don't want will quickly vanished as quickly as you will fall in love." I spoke in confident as if I know more about it then he does.

"You sound like my parents" He scoff.

"And you're wrong everyone deserves some type of love"

Silence fell between us.

"I felt it you know" I whispered moving my hair behind my ears "Up on that roof with Rose and Jon I felt the crushing pain from both of them. It was more then a heartbreak but I also felt so much adortion from Jon. Even though Rose pushed him away she also felt relief to be able to feel his touch. I don't understand why you would deny yourself that kind of love?"

"What if I found someone else to love?" He whispers his eyes boring deeply into me.

"Have you?" My breath hitch in my throat.

"Maybe I want to find out"

My heart seem to pick up the speed hearing that. All to soon he got up to leave causing me sink on the cushion abit.

"Everything in that bathroom has never been used so feel free to use anything in there. If you need anything I'm right beside your room." He ran his hand through his perfectly styled hair.

My eyes taking in his whole appearance he wore a casual black jeans ripped on the knees and a simple white shirt with a tan coat making him look fresh off the runway.

"Thank you" I smiled watching him leave the room shutting the door softly.

After he left I didn't really know what to do with myself knowing I wouldn't get any sleep tonight. I looked out the window for a while watching the forest enchanted with werewolves every where. I can't help but smile at the beauty of it all.

This earth has more beauty beyond its beauty it takes my breath away. I look at my phone finding Rob clearly ringing non stop. I grimnce forgetting about Rob, I hesitated before answer afraid of his angry voice.

"Hi" I squeak an answer.

"Hi?! Is that all you have to say?! I was this close to calling Tedd good thing you picked up because you know how protective he gets plus I called Abby and-

"Oh my god" Abby's voice came through the phone. "You got us worried you know." She breathe as I hear a few curses from Rob and ruffling and shoving making me roll my eyes amused.

"I'm fine guys" I smiled guiltily forgetting to tell them I would be going some where.

"Where are you anyway-

"Give me the damn phone" Rob grumbled.

"Why don't you relaxed Jenkins" I can hear amusement in her voice love irritating him. "Where are you? Conor wanted to come but he's puking in the toilet right now" She chuckled.

"I was talking to Tyler."

"Who's Tyler?"

"The mayor-

"What?!-

"What are you doing there? Are you in some kind of trouble? What are and mayor talking about?" Rob took his phone back spitting one question at a time.

"I wanted to know the history of this town" I lied easily surprising myself.

"History?" He whispered in suspicion. "At this time? You know there's google for that plus that doesn't-

"Look Rob" I sighed feeling my head pound louder as he continue to interrogate me. "I will explain everything when I get home. It's nearly 2am I'm tired and I want to stay here for the night. I will see you tomorrow."

"Fine" He growled on the other line huffing out an angry sigh. "Be careful" His voice softened.

"Bye" I sighed and close my phone.

I stood up deciding to explore this big house, opening the door but to my surprise I found Tate standing infront of me reaching up to knock but I beat him to it.

"Hi?" I frown confused.

"Hi" He smiled sheepishly pulling his hand back.

"Um.." I waited for him to tell me what he wanted.

"My wolf is agitated he wants to be near you to know you're safe." He spoke hesitatingly.

My eyes widen confusedly. "Oh" Was the only respond I could say.

My heart seem to launch up my throat trying not to show how much that affected me. Who am I kidding from the moment I bump into him on my first day he has gotten under my skin without even trying. I can't pretend he doesn't affect because it's clear he does.

"Shadow wants to protect me?" I frowned not missing the word that it's only Shadow that wants to do that.

"Yeah I guess has grown attachment to you." He smiled earning a smile from me. "Where are you off to?" He frown slightly.

"Roam around I couldn't sleep." I shrugged my mind is still swirling over the fact he just admitted that a part of him is attached to me even though those feelings he can't help but feel I can't help but feel a spark of happiness.

"Okay I'll show you around" He nodded walking back to give me space to walk beside him.

We roam around the beautiful marbled place filled with paintings with each interesting background story throughout history. He then told me there is nearly 30 rooms here with 20 bathrooms, he said it's big for a reason. This is the place where werewolves will be under protection and this place is filled with them at the moment.

"So has Jon fully accepted Rose?" I asked randomly his eyes snapping back at me as we pass the fountain in the garden.

"Jon was just shocked that Rose is 15 years old, it may not be a big deal when you're both in your 20's but when you are dating a sophomore is kind of different. Rose seem so innocent, so opposite of Jon that it scared him." He smiled softly at his friend "He's the best person I know, he's kinder then he believes he can be."

My eyes soften seeing the admiration he held for his friend. Imagining him finding his mate just like Jon, he would deny it I know he would, he would pretend that all those feelings he doesn't want is affect him and in time he will let it in and the things you never thought you needed will be standing right infront of you.

"I envy all of you really" I smiled sadly looking down at my hands avoiding to have to look at him as if he could read my mind.

"Why?" He stands close to me.

"Because not a lot of people can find a love like you do, even if you don't find each other is the knowing that someone is meant for you knowing that you are not as lonely as you think you are. Even if you die without your mate by your side your still apart of each other." I smiled sadly knowing I will never feel that type of love.

"It's strange" He spoke in a whispher making me look up my eyes snapping to his.

"What is?" My eyebrows came together.

"How you strongly understand werewolves the way your eyes lights up a tiny bit as my dad tells the history of werewolves. How you openly accepted us without any fear, like the supernatural doesn't faze you at all." He took a dangerously close step towards me making me shuffle back a step my mouth turning dry.

His piercing blue eyes blazed almost as if it's glowing staring into my pale blue eyes.

"Your heart is beating so fast." He whispers his eyes narrowing down to my chest making me flush.

"You make me nervous" I whispered.

"Something about you is not ordinary Kylie"

"I never thought of myself as ordinary" I shook my head.

I always thought I was too crazy to be normal.

"Good ordinary is boring and you are a puzzle I don't think I would ever get bored of" He gave me a charming grin that almost made my heart stop at the sight.

His eyes would wrinkle at the corners from his wide grin that is on display. Just this second I decided that this is my favourite image of him.

A smile made its way upon my lips his slight happiness contagious.

"Are you hungry?" He asks randomly after moments of smiling at each other.

"Yeah sure"

"It's practically morning already I'll make you my famous red velvet pancakes." His eyes lit up.

I followed him to the big kitchen that he showed me a few moments ago with a massive fridge that left me in awe. It was like gates to heaven and I'm sure heaven is as bright as their fridge. I sat on the stool watching him make pancakes effortlessly. His skilful hands moved with ease mixing and pouring and instead of syrup he uses his own cream cheese frosting that had my stomach rumbling.

I never thought I could be able to watch Tate in the kitchen being so carefree without that tense look on his face that held or expressionless eyes that seem to make anyone quiver. Right here at this moment I see the tiny smile of happiness as he cooks a simple meal. He would look up from time to time grinning at me or playfully throwing flour at my face making both of us laugh. I almost wished he wouldn't finish cooking so I could watch him but as soon as he drizzled that glorious cream cheese on that red pancake it had my mouth watering.

"Here you go" He place a plate infront of me watching me closely.

I quickly thanked him and digged in shovling the pancake unlady like and as soon as the precious pancake hit my mouth I groan at the taste of the fluffy pancake and sweet cream cheese. Sooner then I thought my plate is quickly empty not realizing how fast I ate those two pancakes. I look up sheepishly finding him still watching me his plate untouched and his lips press together in amusement.

"Want some more?" He flash me an amused smile.

"Yes please" I wasn't even shy about it.

We ate in silence watching each other feeling more comfortable around him the more I spend time with Tate. After 3 plates of two pancakes and 2 full glass of juice had me groaning at my full stomach. I caught him staring at me shooting him a sheepish smile making him chuckle.

"I've never seen anyone eat that fast before" He grin.

"Well it's just so good" I ignore my blush that creeps along my cheeks.

"I'm glad" His eyes moved every inch of my face. "I want to show you something" He stood up gesturing me to follow.

We walk up the stairs and another stairs leading up to the roof. When he opened the metal door my eyes landed on the big white mattress with mountains of pillows and big duvet over looking the forrest and lake with sun rising. There is also books and game boards one shelf beside it making my eyes widen. I beamed in excitement wishing I could have something like this, my own little world.

"I always come here before sunset when I was little my parents and I would end up sleeping there the night and waking up just in time to see the sunrise."

I smiled imaging little Tate and his mom and dad all curled up waiting for the sun to rise. I can't help but feel jealous a big lump forming my throat. Even though uncle Tedd has been everything I could ask for as a gaudarian and Rob always being there but my thoughts of my parents would always dawn on me. It would create a heavy feeling in me imaging doing things like this.

"That's nice" I finally spoke pushing away my sad thoughts of them.

He sat on the bed cross legged facing the beautiful view. I remain standing not quiet sure what to do looking like a complete idiot.

"Sit down Kylie" His voice filled with amusement.

"Oh" I shift on my feet awkwardly towards him setting myself beside him wrapping my arms around my legs.

"This is my favourite place to think." He spoke his eyes drifting to the sky.

I look over at him taking my chance to study every inch of his face. His strong jaw line, his high cheekbones, long dark lashes that brushes against his cheeks as he blinks, his blue eyes that seem to hold so much light compared to mine. His light brown hair ruffling slightly in the wind. The way his pink lips is plumb and full making me distracted. This boy is without a doubt the most attractive person I've met.

"I know you like to go to the woods to think " He faces me.

"Yeah" I whispered smiling slightly.

"You usually go there to read but most of the time you go there to talk to Victor" He frowns deeply.

The mention of his name brought a painful pull against my chest. The times I've cried over the phone whilst Shadow was around was comforting and to find out it was Tate was both scary and a relief.

Tate stares at me the way Shadow did like I have his full attention and no one can take that away.

"Look at me with your other eyes Tate" I whispered facing him.

He stares at me for a few seconds wondering why I want to see his other eyes but instead of questioning he closes his eyes for a brief second and then snapped it back up revealing that same bright golden eyes. I stare in wonder and awe seeing it glow.

I raise my hand and brought my fingers to caressed his cheeks finding him the most beautiful creature I've laid my eyes upon. All consumed in my thoughts of him I find myself closer to him and for the same reason I had the urge to touch him to see if he's real I couldn't pull away. His eyebrows came together watching me silently.

"Can I try something?" He whispers so softly if I wasn't close to him I wouldn't of heard.

I nodded in return his eyes never leaving mine. He lifts his hand and place his hand against my neck trailing up my cheeks.

"Close your eyes."

Slowly I close my eyes with my heart pounding constantly unable to get it under control. I feel his body heat, his breath fanning against my lips and his fingers touching my skin causing my body to react. I held my breath waiting for something to happen, my skin feels ignited with flume and I'm going to be set on fire.

Seconds ticked by and my doubts began to set in, images of him and I at the party when he laughed at my face after the kiss.

I began to pull away when his lips slamed onto mine stealing every ounce of breath away from me. My body tense at the feeling of his lips moving slowly pressing ever so lightly. Both his hands cup my cheek pulling me close earning a sigh from me. His kiss began to feel more urgent, pressing deeper and moving faster. I feel my own lips catching up to his movements, he then nipped at my lips and the tips of his tongue guide along my lower lips making me moan.

He slip his tongue inside my mouth and all I could taste is him my fingers curling against his shirt. Our tongues collide against each other tasting and nipping and pulling each other deeper. He groan huskily my breath going uneven but neither of us wanted to pull away.

The warmth of his lips creates an unbearable pleasure twisting in my lower stomach and it's more then I could take.

I can feel the sun shinning down on my face and the wind ruffling my hair and right this moment it's the kiss I will remember forever. Not the drunken mistake kiss but this up on the roof waiting for the sun to rise.

With one final touch of his lips he pulls away both of us breathing heavily and for a second the fear of opening my eyes to look at him and see another rejection will tare me apart. So I kept them away from his eyes looking down at my hands.

"Why did you do that?" I whispered my voice filled with so much emotion.

"Like I said maybe I want to find out." He lift his hand and place his finger on my chin lifting my face to look at him.

My mouth fell open recognising those words he spoke to me tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 147K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...
Say What? By

Werewolf

3.7K 325 21
Holly, is sore from her last beating from her uncle and there is a new boy in school that smells like chocolate and the woods in spring. If her life...
14.3K 452 32
Life was so simple. So much more carefree and just generally free to do as you please and not have to worry about every little thing. Key word bein...
235K 8.9K 32
My name is Mia and when I was a child my mother made a choice risking everyone's safety. The choice was a sacrifice that resulted in my mate being Lu...