Complicated People, Complicat...

Por Ibebaebruh

Lucas and Maya are what you would call, complete opposites. One from Texas, one from New York. One friendly... Más

My Nature
What happened
The girls
How?
Stuck
My Life
Something Wrong?
I Think It's True
Cold
New House
Spots
Crumbs
;)
What up girl?
Window Talks
Belt
The Other One?
Dance
Thank You Instagram
Darn Dances
It's Okay Now
Almost perfect
He Can't Know
It's What!?
On The Curb
Safety Blanket
'Bout Time
Red Hoodie
Ground Rules
He's Dead Meat
Safe
By My Side
Seperate
I Has Stealth
Glass
The Beeping
Girl Talk
Valentines Day
Sick
Back At It
Roasted
Scars
Almost 17
Party: Pt 1
This Turned Dark
Headlights
Please
Small
Thanksgiving
The Fish
Questionable
Worst Thing
Right
Desk
Oxygen
Betrayed
Misery
Hi?
Head vs. Heart
So Close
Guest
The Invite
Struggle
Red
Dagger
Older Now
Swings
Flashes
Bad Party
Almost
Back
Spill
No Boys Allowed
Floors
Empty New York
Clean

Blessing

1.6K 75 6
Por Ibebaebruh

Maya

As much as I enjoy being with Lucas, I can't help but feel guilty whenever I see Riley, which is all the time.

I know that she's with Farkle, and I see how happy they are together, but can someone really get over somebody else that quickly? I mean, she was over the moon for Lucas for so long. And now she's just over it?

With these thoughts in mind, I climb through Riley's open window after school and see her doing homework on her bed.

"Hey!" She says happily when she hears me. She puts down her work, "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! Darn Lucas is taking up all of your time," she says, springing up to wrap me in one of her signature Riley hugs.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about that," I say taking her hand and pulling her towards the bay window.

"About what?" We sit down and it hits me that it really has been a while since we've sat here together.

"Lucas," I answer. Riley smiles in a classic "oh Maya" sort of way.

"I've told you before and I'll tell you again, I'm totally okay with you guys, I actually ship it!" She sounds too perky. But then again, Riley always sounds too perky.

"You do?" I ask doubtfully.

"Hell yeah! I've never had a boyfriend before, and thanks to Farkle, I now know what it feels to truly be cherished by someone and to care for them just as much. It's like a lamp constantly on inside," she clutched a hand to her heart. "And I wouldn't want anyone to live without this feeling. I don't know how I did for so long. If you and Lucas feel what I feel for Farkle, then there's absolutely no reason why you two can't be together. It would be a crime to rip you away." I'm hit by a wave of relief, knowing that my best friend approves 100%. I don't know if I'll ever feel like I haven't betrayed her in some way, but no way do I regret Lucas.

"You're sure?" I ask. "You liked him for a long time," Riley takes my hand.

"Maya, that was just a crush, it's nothing like an actual relationship." She says and I smile, pleased to have her blessing. "And besides, he likes you, he always has. And I'm more than okay with that,"

After I get that weight off my chest, Riley and I talk for hours. She tells me how she and Farkle got together, which was she kissed him after he gave her a handmade bracelet. I told her about how I'd been staying with Lucas and that my dad's back. I basically tell her about just about everything.

It feels good to actually talk about what's been going on. Of course I didn't tell her about my headaches or the fact that my dad beats me, I don't want her to worry, I can handle it.

I sneak back into my room at nine, scared that my dad will see me if I come in the front door. I lay in bed, being soundlessly still for a few minutes until I'm sure that he's asleep, and then I too close my eyes.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

15.8K 390 35
This is the story of Lucas Crawford and Maya Winters. They weren't really friends when they first met each other but as time went on, they became gre...
70.3K 1.6K 21
Maya and Lucas get paired up for a assignment... They will have to act like they are married and have kids Maya and Lucas don't get along, but what w...
1.3K 68 14
Vanessa's World was simple: Countdown the days to Graduation (A.K.A. F-R-E-E-D-O-M), Socialize with her Best Friends, Pretend she didn't love her Bes...
13.6K 510 16
This is another lucaya fanfic. Lucas and Maya are 17. They do what normal 17 year olds do, party and drink and party. When one feels alone or just wa...