His Cherry on Top

By MySilverDust

Life has a good way of deceiving everyone. Fate has a better way of twisting the plot. But Romance has the be... More

His Cherry on Top (HCoT)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10

Chapter 9

88 4 6
By MySilverDust

Chapter Nine: The Happenstance

Kairess POV

---

Brushed down, messy hair. Plaided shirt and knee-length shorts. Piercings. 

I just can't seem to delete the image on my mind. It's like a virus that will forcibly keep your system hanging on a blue screen of death (BSOD), and every other things running in your mind will also be terminated due to a beautiful fatal error of adoring him last night. I think this is what I can call as my system crash.

Although there's an undeniable wad of stress and disarrayed thoughts sacked up in my head, the only thing that surfaces above all is nothing but Akiyama-related thoughts. Like when he took me by the hand. When he followed me around. When gave me something to drink. When he was staring at me. And the fanciful list goes on.

"Kai? Hey." Someone waves a hand in front of my face. This pulls me back from a deep reverie.

"Hey," I absentmindedly response, waving back at this random person I later on recognize as Kaelyn.

"You are so spaced out today. Is there something wrong?" She does an indian sit beside me and look at me with gleaming eyes of curiosity. Since it's our vacant time, both of us decide to stay on the rooftop of the main building where the ventilation is refreshing and more than sufficient.

"I just remembered seeing Harumi with Akiyama and Miki last night at the convenient store."

"You did?" Kaelyn pauses for a moment as she tries to come up with something in her head. "One of them probably lives nearby," she continues.

"Yeah, but we can't assure that. Perhaps they just might be passing by at the store on their way home and I, coincidentally, bump onto them." I also happen to tell Kaelyn about how Akiyama looks different that night since it won't stop bugging my train of thoughts.

"Oh I remembered his seductive piercings," Kaelyn states with dreamy eyes. 

"Seductive? He appears more of a rebel to me. Besides the school doesn't permit guys to have piercings," As I make valid points, she just tosses her head to the side with a strongly disapproving mien.

"To be honest he's cute..."

Simultaneously, the door slams open, revealing a guy with an intensely frayed uniform. He's got a small visible scar on his left brow, a noticeable bruise beside his lips and plenty of dirt on his whole face. His condition got us on our feet, alert and afraid that his enemies might be following him behind. The poor guy limps and then collapses himself at a corner, placing his head above the gutter.

 We cautiously stare at him as he catches his ragged breath. A few more minutes have passed, and there's no sign of any nemesis barging at the door to snatch away the remaining life this guy has. Kaelyn grabs my hand. I glance at her and her eyes are telling me that we should approach the guy.

"Are you serious?" I whisper frantically. Her face is stoic and bravely determined.

"We can possibly be dragged along in his problem!" Kaelyn seems barely aware of the situation she's trying to leap onto. By no means of abandoning his appalling condition, I'm just having the doubt of getting involved into whatever kind of mess he's in.

In the end, I got convinced by my arising conscience. We rush to him and kneel beside him. The distance gives me a good peek of the fresh wounds he has, leaving bloody stains on his uniform. He also has a long cut on his right shoulder. The sight of his continuously dripping blood is turning me into an invertebrate creature - spineless.

"We have to take you to the infirmary now," Kaelyn's voice is stern and sincerely concern. The guy opens his eyes, glaring at both of us.

"No need," he snaps in a deep husky voice.

"You're not gonna heal by yourself. A medic must attend to you soon!"

"So persistent," he mutters, teeth-gritted. Unbelievably, both of them engage into a small argument.

"Why would you care for someone you don't even know!" He exclaims, exhausted of all the explanations and shit.

 "So persistent." I mumble, catching his full attention, "We don't personally care about you, but your  dreadful condition can't be easily ignored. So can we just go to the infirmary? We promise not to report you to the admins."

With that being said, I've got the final words. We carefully help him to the infirmary, both of us supporting his weight by the shoulder. There's an unremarkable expression portrayed on the nurse's face as we enter the facility. She scampers around, hastily gathering the materials needed. We gently sit him on the bed and wait till the nurse comes with the medical equipment. 

Then the guy voluntarily takes off his uniform, exposing every inch of his flawed pale skin. Holy macaroons!

"Good grief, what have you gotten yourself into?" The nurse mumbles between her breath as she inspects his physical condition. It isn't really a sight to see.

"A fight obviously," he scoffs with a naughty grin. The nurse simply rolls her eyes as she starts cleaning the deep bloody wound on his shoulder. Starting to feel weak and shaky, I focus my gaze elsewhere.

"Afraid of wounds?" He asks, obviously referring to me.

"Kai is hemophobic." Kaelyn answers for me.

As the bell rings for the next class, he's finally in a bed rest. Gladly, our work here is done and we can go back to our class as if nothing actually happened. We immediately leave the infirmary.

"I haven't eaten lunch yet, Kae."

"Me either. How about going to a fast food chain after class?"

"I can't even endure my hunger for a split second, besides I'm short today."

"You are always short... literally." Then Kae bursts out laughing. I pout upon realizing she's mocking my height. Not this again, I silently comment.

"Ugh." It takes a while before her laughter finally ceases.

"Anyway, I heard Red skipped school today. That bastard has probably had a good lesson. The whole school surely knows what he's done." Kaelyn suddenly brings up the topic about Red. Now, this reminds me of Harumi. We haven't talked for a while. I wonder what she's up to right now.

"How does a single gossip spread faster than a disease?" I can't hide the tone of astonishment in my voice. She looks slightly surprised too, but she just nods in agreement. 

"Wow, like who wouldn't know such a magnificent Casanova?" 

Me, probably. I silently comment to myself again.

"But you like him right?" The question clearly touches a nerve as Kaelyn suddenly turns quiet. Her dark expression is unfathomable. 

"Ah, well you don't ha-"

"Those were the days," she finally speaks. It gives me a gush of relief that she hasn't thrown me out of the window for asking a delicate question. I almost forgot what she's been through with him.

"Sorry, I thought I angered you."

She attempts to walk backwards as she turns to face me with a sincere smile, "I won't hate someone who knows my whole li-"

Unfortunately, her blind spot causes her to bump into someone in the intersection of the hallway. Kaelyn falls out of balance, but the stout figure immediately catches her from behind. I watch in horror as I recognize the stout figure as Akiyama! He's with the same people as last time.

Kaelyn slowly lifts her gaze directly into his eyes. Regarding their proximity, they're only a breath away from each other. I hardly stifle a laugh, both their expressions are beyond surprised. Suddenly, I recall his fierce aura from the time he made way through our crowd, and the expression he had when Kaelyn complemented his piercing was damn priceless.

But now, more than this dramatic scene, one thing really sparks my interest...

Akiyama's blushing.

__________

A.N. My last update was like last year, but yeah I was never gone. Just on an extreme hiatus lmao.

Love. Comment. Vote

- xoxo, MSD.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 79 22
Now that I've known life with him. I could never live without him. I'm still not sure what it is that he does to me but I know that I never want it t...
91.8K 3.5K 17
I was drowning. I knew that. I also knew that the hands around my throat, pushing me deeper into the river water was the cause. What I didn't know wa...
687 19 84
She's the person I want, I love, I want to marry, the one I want to spend the rest of my life with and if her truth and my truth collided, it would b...
758 31 9
Joy was my first love. Hardly had we met than she went abroad for studies. Trying to fix things into place with the long distance relationship. Life...