Chapter 2

Chapter Two: Shutting You In

Kairess' POV

--

I'm not wholly prepared to go to school today. I have overslept, got down in a wrong station and my mind hasn't been functioning well. That scene last night has caused a glitch to my brain.

Lazily marching to our room, I bump onto Kaelyn. She has this really troubled look and when she notices me, greeting her with a weird face, she comes running to embrace me.

"Kai! I'm really sorry! I should have accompanied you last night," she apologizes in a husky voice. Cold sweats stream at the side of my cheeks.

What a way to greet me in the morning.

"What happened last night?" I ask, feigning pure innocence. Our classmates start circling around us. All of them have the same question written all over their faces.

"A sophomore saw you running last night. He said your face was really blanched and scared."

So the source of the news is a lower year, and it unbelievably spreads like a wildfire afterwards. Wait, does it mean that their dirty little secret is a secret no more?

My stomach twists, knowing how that one little incident can smirch her reputation as a Class A student.

"Is it true, Kai?" Kaelyn asks, reassuringly. My heart starts palpitating as the picture of her face flashes back in my mind. My conscience is roughly reminding that I'm guilty of something.

"Move aside, dweebs." A stern voice suddenly disorients the small crowd. A lofty and stout guy appears standing in front of us. His hair, neatly brushed up into spikes, really stands out and he has three piercing on his left ear.

"Who is he?" I quietly ask Kaelyn.

"Akiyama of Class A."

He has this mighty look on his face. Everybody remains quiet as he and his friends pass by. All of us are expecting that they'll just walk through, but they didn't.

Instead, Akiyama stops in front of me and Kaelyn. The way he looks at us makes us feel like we're inferior to him, that we should bow down and pay respect to his god-like aura.

"What are you looking at?" He asks in a hoarse and threatening tone.

"Your piercings."

Words impulsively slip out on their own from my mouth. His brows meet. Oh fudge, I'm done.

A smug smirk draws across his lips, "Does it disturb you?"

"E-eh..."

"They look seductive," Kaelyn cuts in nonchalantly.

Really, Kaelyn? Seductive?

I motion at her with a questioning look, but she barely notices me because she's staring intrepidly at Akiyama.

Akiyama seems to be a dangerous guy, but not even the slightest hesitancy is evident in Kaelyn's face.

And to be honest, the term seductive makes the atmosphere pretty awkward. It's pretty obvious in everyone's expression tho.

But it seems to hit Akiyama in a different way.

His mien softens. His eyes are teeming with indescribable feelings, and his ambivalence seems to get worse the longer he tries to stare onto her eyes; wanting, craving, hankering for a clearance.

Wow, nailed it.

He eventually shoves off the thought and walks away quietly, tagging along his friends. Everyone's finally able to breathe normally again when they're out of sight.