Chapter 6

Chapter Six: Surprise Me Not

Kairess POV

---

"Wow, it's surely crowded today."

The spirit of festivity arises in the air. A big banner standing at the entrance welcomes a lot of students and outsiders. Good thing the weather is cooperating with us today. The sunny and warm atmosphere matches everyone's mood.

The food bazaar is lined up at the corner, selling this and that kind of vittles. There are plenty of merchandises too that suit the trend of modernity. And of course, the most beloved booths that are one of the sources of entertainment in the field.

"Hey Cookie, let's try that!" Silver says imperatively while tugging Cookie's shirt. We look at the direction where his finger points, only to find out that he's referring to the marriage booth.

I giggle as Cookie's cheeks blush intensely. I can sense that she's feeling flustered, but she's trying to keep it under control.

"Silver would you mind—" Sarcasm imprints in her quiet voice as she raises a brow. But it seems he gets it the other way around.

"I don't mind getting married to you, Cookie." Silver replies even before she finishes her line. He locks her hand in his big muscular hands then nonverbally pleads her to say yes. The way he look at her suggests his devotion to this desire.

Oh fudge, I've seen this in the movies! I silently thought while trying to fight back the urge to swoon like a crazy fangirl of an OTP.

"Behave yourself, okay?" Cookie retorts nonchalantly. Silver pouts, making the whole world stop and stare. His irresistible pout is something that one does not simply see. He only does that in front of Cookie — an indication that she is beyond special for him.

I glance at my watch and it's ticking towards 10 am, "I'm sorry to disturb your moment guys. I should be going now."

I feel bad for ruining other people's moments. It's really hard especially when I interrupt during the most interesting part. Hooray Kai.

"It's the competition, right?" Cookie asks smilingly.

"Yes. Forgive me I can't tour you guys around," disappointment is evident in my voice. I really want to hang around them, but today is crucial. We're forbidden to slouch elsewhere not until the contest is done.

"It's okay, Kai. We can just stroll around for now," Cookie says then waves her hand, tagging Silver along with her.

I smile back gratefully as I watch them disappear in the busy crowd. Actually, they've been the center of attention since the moment we came here. Students are scattered everywhere and I can't help but to notice all eyes following us.

Such an ideal couple.

"Wow! You never told me you have young parents," Kaelyn pops out of the scene like a mushroom. I jerk a little to my side then hold onto my chest, feeling my fast heartbeat.

"No they aren't," I shake my head disapprovingly. Now there's curiosity scintillating deep within her Prussian blue eyes.

I know where this is heading.

"Okay, the girl you just saw is Cookie, our landlady and the guy is Silver, her boyfriend..."

The narration goes on as we walk up to the auditorium. I have a hard time keeping up with Kaelyn's interrogations. She seeks for the smallest detail of everything as if she's a mad scientist trying to study about matter and its atoms.