Chapter 5

Chapter Five: Forming Friendship

Kairess POV

---

Sitting under the shade of a Sakura tree, I find myself isolated from stress and exhaustion. I've been aching for a rest and since it's my vacant time, this is the perfect moment to take a nap. As I lean back on the tree, I plug in my earphones and play the shuffled playlist on my phone.

You're the boy who murdered love
Cold hands and a heart of stone
You're a midas in reverse
You're the king of pain and hurt

My favorite song starts playing first. I shut my eyes as the pristine breeze of September caresses my skin with its icy fingertips. Everything settles me into a good mood and I wish I could stay like this for a while.

It started a year ago. Red courted Miki, a beautiful girl in our class. Since he seemed to be a keeper, the two of them started dating after a month. Everybody in our class adored how perfect their chemistry was, not until three more months passed.

Whenever Miki would like to see him, Red would always make excuses that he's doing a lot of stuffs. She understood that at first, but the situation became bothersome when Red was actually losing his time for her.

That's when she started investigating his action and tadaaa! He was cheating on her already. They got in a long fight after that, but they gave in back to love eventually.

After two more months, exactly at the school foundation day Red unbelievably cut off all his ties to Miki. He shamed her in front of us and his classmates, saying how boring and lame she was as a girlfriend.

It was after quite some time when Miki told us about everything. The truth is they've made love once, but then Red would always ask for it. She didn't submit herself when she noticed the change in his behavior after their first. And that's when his bullshit interfered in their relationship.

The whole tragic story of Mitsuki (Miki) and Red flashes back to my head. I can see where Harumi's hatred is coming from, and I think I'm way past the issue of seeing her on top of Red that night.

He must be thinking that he has the last laugh, but the story doesn't actually favor him. Through the collective detestation of Miki's classmates, he has become the anathema of Class A. He seduced his own bad karma, and now it's craving for him.

"There you are," someone suddenly pulls out my earphone, surprising the hell out of me. I jolt and awkwardly roll over the grass to keep a safe distance. Upon facing this person, an air of relief unchokes my chest from anxiety.

"Oh, it's you." I mutter under my breath as I fix my composure.

It's just Harumi, looking usually pretty even in a messy bun hair. With a cute coiffure like that, she appears younger and that beautiful sharp-looking eyes do stand out. A sable pair of iris that captivates me with a single glance. Just by looking at her, my confidence drastically falls on a declivity.

She draws near to help me up. Her warm hand and long fingers touch my hand with familiarity. As I stand in front of her, I realize how I lack in drinking milk when I was a child. I slightly motion my head upwards to meet her smiling face like the way my elementary classmates would look up to me when I was the tallest girl in class.