Chapter 8

Chapter Eight: DNA (Do Not Assume)

Kairess POV

---

Waking up in a fluffy bed, I squirm beneath the comforter. It's unbelievably giving my skin such a direct heat as if there's something missing. I'm feeling so warm and cozy.

I usually feel this when I'm...

I take a cautious peak under the cover and find myself lying only with my fancy undergarment. My nakedness sinks in my head faster than the Titanic. A great surge of fear propels me out of my sanity.

I'm terrified to ask myself what happened last night, because I can't remember a single thing yet.

I have to calm down first. I heave with my eyes closed. Upon opening them once again, I warily roam and observe the place I'm currently at. As to a quick relief, it's safe to say that I'm in my room.

Next, I meticulously inspect myself. My legs aren't pained and most specially not what's between them. The only part that's suffering ache right now are my shoulders. Moreover, there's no stain of blood on the bed.

It is secured. I still have it. I mentally pump my fist.

Moving on to the next problem, I have to figure out now why, in the loving name of Christian Grey, I'm naked. It's unarguably awkward to ask others the reason for one's nudeness, right? They'll probably get the wrong idea.

Now, that reminds me of Akiyama. A pinch of a shuttered memory flashes back. I was with him last night and I'm pretty sure he's the last person I'm with either. Furthermore, he told me he would take me home that time.

Could it be that he was the one who undressed me!? Whoa, hang in there!

I don't remember him entering my house, besides there's a strict ground rule for visitors here. If it's not him...

Then it's probably just me.

I do a face palm, "What a way to start a morning."

Opening the wardrobe, I pull out something to wear then brush my hair neatly in front of the mirror. It's Saturday, the thought runs as I glance at the calendar. It's a typical do-nothing-day. A day free from everything, just me in the midst of relaxation.

"Knock, knock!" Just then somebody actually says the word instead of knocking. I reach out for the door with a smirk, I know who usually does this.

"Hey," I greet with a warm hug, "sorry I stink," apologizing soon after I remember I haven't taken a shower and I reek sweat from last night.

"You don't," Cookie replies, her brows meeting its ends. She takes a sit on the sofa and I proceed to the kitchen.

"Really?" I doubt. She's probably just messing around.

Gathering two cups for a hot cocoa to heat the tummy, I place them on the table and continue with other stuffs.

"Actually a man's perfume is emanating from you."

My mind simply goes blank. Man's perfume?

Quickly, I sniff my hair and it does smell familiar. So familiar that suddenly I remember being carried by Akiyama all the way to my room.

The remembrance has my face turning crimson and hot, "Oh... shit."

"What is it?" Cookie curiously asks to the one's who evidently looking guilty of something.