Hopeless Situation

Autorstwa audaciousmind

Nathan Turner is hopelessly in love with Alexis Sterling, and when asked if she would marry him... Alexis sai... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 26

1.1K 39 3
Autorstwa audaciousmind

A Dance That Lasted Forever 

After the last couple of awards, the lights came back on and it was time for dinner. Phillip had come over to congratulate Nathan on the win and he appreciated it. Nothing could bring him down today.

The four ate the steak with rice, mashed potatoes and vegetables at the side. Sophie was in love with the food. "The steak is so good." She took another bite.

"You eat a lot. Like too much a lot." Alexis was irritated at how disgusting Sophie was. She didn't want her here from the start.

"At least my figure is still okay and my bust isn't popping out of the dress." Sophie replied.

"Mine aren't popping out. What the fuck, it's the style..."

"Ladies. Let's not fight about busts. Though I wouldn't mind talking about them." Jared chuckled.

"Tell your boyfriend to stop being a perv." Alexis rolled her eyes.

"He's not my boyfriend... Just a friend." Sophie turned to Jared. "Stop being a perv."

"And all of you guys shut up." Everyone was surprised at Nathan's comment.

"Babe..." Alexis said like she was warning him.

"I didn't mean you." He awkwardly replied.

The desert table was out and people were allowed to help themselves while the music played. The dance floor was starting to get packed and Alexis couldn't wait to start dancing. She bugged Nathan over and over again but he didn't want to go just yet. His stomach was full from the food, and he just couldn't dance. He told her to go ahead.

Sophie was too busy indulging herself in the desert that she didn't even realize when Jared had left to dance himself. He was totally trying to pick up someone else's chick or something.

"How can you eat all that?" Nathan leaned back on his chair full but able to sip on some wine.

"I just do. It's like, you never get a chance to come to these so why not eat what you never can." Sophie said.

"I come to these every year. Same food, same people, same dances. You don't dance?"

"Last time was at Prom. Oh wait, I dance in my room with the music super loud! Does that count?" Sophie laughed.

"At Prom? Noway. Let me show you a real dance." Nathan got up. "I was the best dancer in Highschool ok." He extended his hand towards her.

Sophie laughed and took it. "Well I was everyone's favourite cheerleader."

"Your so peppy, and annoying. Why didn't I ever guess that you werecheerleader?" Nathan started to move his feet to the music.

"Cause I'm not a bitch like the cheerleaders in the movies you watch?" Sophie softly pushed him so there was more room. She started dancing to r&b music that was playing. Even in her dress she could turn and go low pretty well.

"Impressive." Nathan brushed a hand through his hair before placing his hands on her hip and moving along with her. She placed her hands around his neck.

They were so close that their bodies brushed against each other and you could initially feel the other's heartbeat.

Sophie was awkwarded with the whole situation as it made her nervous so she turned around with her back facing Nathan and slid down and out of his grip. In the end it was kind of sexy, and Nathan definitely liked it. She kept dancing, but a little bit away from him this time.

"Hey watch this." Nathan went to do the moonwalk and nearly tripped and bumped into a guy.

Sophie immediately burst out laughing finding the whole trying to be a "good dancer" ridiculous.

Then the music changed and so did the mood. Everyone began to slow dance to a romantic song that had come up.

"May I?" Jared tapped Sophie from the back.

"Of course." She and Jared began swaying to the music as she smiled at him. "found any girls you like?"

"Yeah but they're all married to lawyers that don't know how to dance." Jared tapped his head against Sophie's and she got the message. He meant her. She laughed and shook her head.

Nathan on the other hand felt rejected. Like Jared just came along and took something away from him. He was a little bit disappointed. When he saw Alexis dancing with someone else, he was even more hurt. He went up to her and excused her from whom she was dancing with. "What are you doing?" He whispered.

"Dancing? You said you didn't want to dance babe..." She replied.

"But you can't dance with someone else during a slow dance." Nathan frowned.

"He's just a friend I made. Come, now we'll dance, and we'll also get drinks later." Alexis rested her head against his chest and they rocked back and forth.

Dancing with her friend. What a joke Nathan thought. The weird part was that he didn't know which girl he was referring to when he thought it. He was probably too drunk.

The drive back was hectic. Two drunk fools sleeping in the back of Jared's jeep. The only sober ones were Sophie and Jared himself. When Jared stopped the car infront of the condo, Sophie's alarmed face got him wondering how she was going to get up there with people that barely knew how to walk.

Sophie turned to try and wake up the two. "Guys, guys... Wake up. We're here."

Jared gave one big press on the horn and both jumped up startled.

"Fuck man!" Nathan rubbed his eyes and jumped out almost tripping over himself. Sophie went to go catch him but then thought twice.

Alexis motioned for Nathan to carry her, and he tried but half way to the elevator he failed and had to place her on the ground. With the help of Sophie and Jared both, they got to their floor.

"Thanks Jared... For this and for staying sober with me. That must've been hard with all the temptations." Sophie smiled.

"It was hard but it's worth it. I get to actually say bye to your beautiful face." He stuffed his hands in his pockets.

Jared was always saying the sweetest things, as it was one of the many ways he got girls. This included Sophie back in highschool.

The two exchanged their goodbyes.

Sophie went inside and found Nathan on the couch. He stood up from the sound of Sophie coming in. He had washed his face, and looked freshened up.

"Uhh, Alexis is sleeping in there." He looked at Sophie.

"Guest room, got it." Sophie headed in that direction. "Why don't I originally stay in there?" She opened the door to find an empty room. "Oh no bed."

"Yeah. Alexis never found an importance of buying another bed when it's just the two of us." Nathan was leaning against the door.

"Well get some blankets and sheets. Oh and pillows. While you are at it can you get my luggage from that room." Sophie demanded all while giggling.

Nathan was confused but he did as he was told with the help of Sophie. Alexis was a deep sleeper so she payed no attention to the intrusion in her closet.

Nathan helped make Sophie a bed on the floor. He was still drunk so most of the time Nathan sat crisscross on the floor like a child.

Sophie laughed and helped Nathan on his feet when it was done. "Thanks for all your hard work Nathan." She said sarcastically. "Now it's time for you to sleep." She guided him towards the door.

"But you still owe me something." Nathan said.

"and what is that?" Sophie narrowed her eyes.

"A legit dance."

Sophie laughed. "and where's the music?"

"Right here." He placed a hand on her heart making it stop. She needed a moment to catch her breath.

"Ok..."

Nathan placed his hands on her waist making both of them sway back and forth. Sophie looked up to see that he was staring at her. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You look beautiful Sophie." Nathan smiled back. With his foot he closed the door behind them.

Sophie could feel herself getting nervous and her heart began to race. "Thanks but you're probably talking nonsense cause you're drunk. You'll probably regret complimenting me in the morning."

Nathan brushed a strand of hair away from her eyes to have full contact. "Don't be stupid. Beauty doesn't just dissapear in the morning. You've always been beautiful to me."

Sophie's face was heating up. She kept telling herself that he was talking nonsense because of the state he was in. "You should go now. Goodnight Nathan." Sophie tried walking away from his grip but Nathan managed to grab onto her arm, pulling her back and crashing her face into his chest. 

Sophie struggled to get free but when Nathan kissed up her neck and right under the ear her body went numb. Sophie felt the strangest pleasure when he did that to her.

Nathan's breathing was heavy against her skin, and she could feel herself getting tense. She looked up and felt Nathan's nose brush against the softness of her cheek. Then he kissed it, his lips undeniably urgent. With his shaking fingers he took out bobby pin after bobby pin from her hair until all of it was down in curls.

Sophie didn't move. She didn't want to move. Nathan leaned in for a kiss. Sophie thought once if she was being selfish, and cruel. She wasn't drunk at all, but he was. Sophie didn't understand at that very moment if what she was about to do was right or wrong, but she continued either way. Their lips grazed against each others. Once... Twice... The third time their lips opened and met in sinc, like they were moving to the music of their hearts. Nathan pushed backwards and her back crashed against the wall. She needed a moment for air, but Nathan wouldn't stop and went for her neckline. Nathan realized the discomfort Sophie was having with the dress and smirked. With one zipper pulled down, the dress slid to the floor lifelessly. Sophie thought she needed to be ashamed, hidden, embarrassed but she couldn't bring herself to be just that. Instead when Nathan lifted her off her feet, she wrapped them around his waist. This time she lifted his head up with both of her hands and kissed him.

Nathan had no intention of stopping. He didn't know what he had with this girl but it was special from the start. Or else why would they both be in this hopeless situation to begin with is what played in his head. Nathan had plans to continue this on the made bed or on the coach. He began to unzip his pants all while his mouth was one with hers.

Sophie noticed what he was doing. And she couldn't do it. She couldn't take it that far. Making out is one thing, but fucking someone you're meant to hate is completely different. "Nathan..." she managed to say before his lips brushed hers. "Wait..."

"Yeah?" He kissed her again, but more gently this time.

"We can't do this." Sophie said as he kissed her for the last time before realizing what she just said.

"Why not..." Nathan placed her feet on the ground. He brushed his nose and lips up her neck before playing with her earlobe.

Sophie moaned. "Because... Cause... Alexis is in the other room. You're a fucking mess. And we're nothing."

Nathan froze. The adrenaline was gone and all that was left was reality. He stumbled back.

Sophie took that chance to grab herself a long shirt from her bag and quickly place it over herself.

"Yeah..." Nathan leaned against the door.

"This was a mistake. We... We aren't anything. Not a couple, not in love, not friends who like each other." Sophie's knees were trembling and she fell to the floor. "We're just..."

"Nothing. People who fight, who complain, who pretty much can't go a day without saying bullshit to each other. But we're still nothing." Nathan shook his head in disappointment.

"I'm sorry..."

"I can't fucking belief what I just did and what I was going to do. Fuck. Sophie I've never fucking done this in my life." Nathan slammed the door.  "I've never cheated on her."

Sophie didn't know what to say. She could've stopped this from happening. But she didn't.

"I can't live with myself after this." Nathan slid down on the floor. 

Sophie ran up to him and placed her hands on his. "Don't say that... it's going to be okay Nathan." She didn't know what else to say to him. 

Nathan removed her hands and pushed her arm aside. "Don't touch me. Get out of here." 

"Nathan please... we didn't do anything. You were drunk... if she loves you-"

"Sophie get out of my life."  Nathan said with a blank expression on his face. He slowly rose up to his feet and walked straight into his room.

Sophie could feel the guilt and pain raising and taking over her body. The fact that he truly wanted her gone after this was unforgivable. So Sophie did the only thing she could do in a situation like this. She put on some clothes, packed up everything, and decided to leave. She couldn't stay here after what happened today. She rather die than see Nathan look at her in disgust and anger everytime they make eye contact. Before the frustration in his face was a joke,  an everyday taunt that helped them name their relationship. It was something that told them that they hated each other only to keep them apart. Now that they had gotten too close, there was no going back. 

So at 3 o clock in the morning Sophie took her bag to the nearest bus stop. She wasn't going to look at this place again. 

When the bus did come that late at night, Sophie realized that she forgot something up on the 18th floor. Something that she recently learned to start believing in only for it to be crushed. That something was her heart. Whether she say it or not was her decision, but every part of her knew that she was in love with Nathan. The Nathan that wouldn't love her back, the Nathan that found her jokes irritating, the Nathan that couldn't keep his room clean for his life. She was in love with their fights, in love with his kiss, in love with his arrogance and secrecy to cook. She loved the way he brushed his hands through his hair and the way he pretended not to care about the world. But most importantly she was in love with him. Knowing that she loved him she needed to get on that bus more than ever, because that's not how it's supposed to be, she wasn't supposed to fall in love while in this hopeless situation.

SOPHIE FINALLY FEELS IT! YAY! COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKED IT OR NOT!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

34.8K 819 46
This is a sequel, so read "Dating a YouTuber?!" first. I wholeheartedly loved and trusted Nate despite having known him less than a year. I had a mil...
4K 187 35
Tessa O'Conner isn't your typical high school girl. She's had a cheating boyfriend, alcohol addiction, and she is a streetfighter. Nobody knows about...
188 19 7
How far would you go to keep a secret? Ivy isn't married, she's not even close. When pressured by her snobby friends, she tells a lie that changes th...
168K 7.7K 45
Zane Williams finds himself in an arranged marriage chosen by his overbearing mother. But when he ducks out of his own wedding due to an unexpected c...