Only Time Could Tell

By Please_Trust_Me

Cassie Marrow has a tragic past. She had to live her cousin when her family left her. But she didn't know her... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chpater 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapeter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Authour's note
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Aftermath
NOTE
please take note
NEW STORY

Chapter 33

139 3 1
By Please_Trust_Me

I walked back down stairs to see everyone but Harry sitting at the kitchen table playing Go Fish.

"hey love! We were just about to start anther round. You two can join if want." El said as he shuffled the deck of cards.

"yeah sure. I think That would be fine." I said. I looked over at Zayn to see a hurt expression in his eyes. I really have to talk to him before they leave. I never thought he felt that way. I really had to set thing straight and make everything alright.

I walked over to the table and sat between Niall and Zayn. can someone yell 'awkward' any louder?

El passed out the cards and we started the game. It was my turn to ask so i asked Zayn cause he had the most cards.

"Z, do you have any 3's?" he sighed then handed me 3 cards. "Haha! I got a match!" i said then placed the 4 cards out in front of me on the table.

I was waiting my turn to ask when I felt a hand on my upper thigh. I looked to the side where the hand was. I looked at him in with my eyes wide. He gave me a smirk then looked back at his cards. I reached under he table and swatted his hand away off of me. I heard him sigh. I smiled knowing I won. But maybe I spoke to soon. Zayn's hand returned to my upper thigh. I let out a shriek. Everyone turned towards me and looked at me all confused.  

"You alright Cass?" Zayn asked all concerned. How dare he act like that. he is acting like this with my boyfriend sitting right next me. His hand was still on my upper thigh, and he started to move it farther up. Zayn was acting like this whole thing isn't even happening.

"Ohh ummm yeah. I just need t go upstairs for  second. I umm forgot to go something. I will be right back." i quickly got up from my seat and ran upstairs. I heard Niall and Zayn both calling after me but I ignored both of them. I went into my room and shut the door behind me.

I tried to calm my breathing down. I found out that me best friend has strong feelings for me. And I am dating one of his best mates. when me and Zayn broke up he said he was fine with it. Ad now he is saying he wasn't okay with it. And they are both leaving tomorrow for almost a year. what the hell have I got myself into?

"Baby please open the door. I am sorry. I shouldn't have done that." Zayn's voice said followed by some knocks on the door. I got up from sitting on the floor and walked over to the door. I opened it slowly and looked down at the ground. once he door was fully open I walked over to my be and sat down on the edge.

Zayn shut the door and sat down next to me on the bed. We sat in silence then he spoke up.

"I mean what I said to you this morning." he said. I looked at him in confusion. "Cass, I regret letting you go. I wish you were still mine." he said. My eyes shot back down to the floor.

"Cassie say something please." he begged but i still didn't say anything. "Just- just tell me you don't hate me." he said with a little sigh.  

" Z, I don't hate you. i am just...just confused."

"About what?" He asked.

"About everything! Why would you wait a year and a half to tell me you regret it!?  Why now? You haven't acted like this before! You know I love Niall! You cant just say stuff like that to a girl! Why haven't you said something before!? Maybe you should have before I moved on! The night we agreed on it you said you thought it was a good idea. And now you say you regret it!  I am confused Zayn! CONFUSED!"

"CASSIE, I WANTED DO WHAT EVER MADE YOU HAPPY! I THOUGHT MAYBE I WOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT IT TOO! BUT NOW I FEEL LIKE SHIT! I SHOULDNT HAVE LET YOU GO! IT HURTS TO SEE YOU HAPPY WITH NIALL! CAUSE I WANT HIM TO BE ME! BUT NIALL MAKES YOU HAPPY SO I TRY TO LET IT BE! BUT I CANT TAKE I ANYMORE, CASSIE! I JUST CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! GOD DAMIT!" he yelled he stood up and threw a pillow at the wall.

"WHY DID YOU WAIT SO DAMN LONG ZAYN?! YOU WAITED A YEAR AND A HALF! IT'S TO FUCKEN LATE ZAYN! I MOVED ON!" I yelled right back at him. He was standing in the corner across from me on the bed. He didn't say anything just looked at me. Then I saw a single tear escape his eye. I got up from the bed and walked over to him. I lifted my hand up to his cheek and wiped the tear away. I stood on my tippy toes and wrapped my arms around his neck. He  wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me closer to him. I heard him start to cry into my hair.

" Z, please don't cry." I said but it came out muffled cause i was crying myself. I pulled away from our hug and kept my hands on his shoulders. At the same time he lifted out hands and wiped away each others tears.

" Zayn, you have to move on. It's for the best." I said then wiped away some of his tears.

"I don't want to."

" You have to, Z. It is for the best, I promise." I held out my pinkie and he wrapped his around it.

I walked away from Zayn over to my desk. I grabbed my phone and keys. I opened my bedroom door and started to walk out nut Zayn stopped me.

"where are you going?" he grabbed my arm so I couldn't leave.

"Don't worry.  I wont do anything stupid." i said then pulled out of his grip and walked down the stairs. i looked over at the table only to be greeted by worried and concerned stares. I ignored them and walked towards the front door. 

"Where you going babe?" i heard Niall ask.

"umm just out. I will be back in a hour or two." i sad then walked out and shut the door behind me before I could hear any of them say something back to me.

I got into my car and pulled out of the drive way. I had no idea where i was going, I just drove. I ended up at Starbucks, the one I work at. But when I tryed to get out of the car, i couldnt move. I leaned my forehead against the stirring wheel. Then I just let go and let the tears fall.

Everything is all messed up.

The boys are leaving tomorrow for almost an entire year.

Zayn still has feelings for me and regrets our past. 

Everyone is leaving me.

I was crying so hard that i started to fell dizzy. I heard my car door open and my name being shouted over and over again. Then I hyperventilated and everything went blank.

_____________________

 I felt something wet make contact with my cheek. Then again. I opened my eyes to see who it was licking me.

"What the hell- oh my god Dash!!! I missed you baby!" I said then gave the dog kisses and huge hug as he kept licking my face. wait, if Dash was here, that means I am...

"Dash! Where's Ed? Go find Ed, baby!" I told him then I jumped out of the bed I was in, which I recognized as Ed's. I followed Dash down the stairs and into the kitchen, where I saw Ed at the fridge.

"Thank you Ed." I said and he turned around and gave me a smile.

"You alright , Love?" he asked and he walked over to me and handed me a water bottle.

"yeah, Thanks. But, how did you find me?" I sat down on the chair and the counter and looked at him in the eyes.

"I was going to Starbucks when I pulled into the parking lot I saw your car. And then i saw you in the car, so I decided to go talk to you. But when I went to you car I saw that you were crying. I tried to get you to calm down but I couldn't so I put you in my car and drove you here so you could maybe calm down. Plus, I knew you wanted to see Dash. He has missed you." He said. i looked down at Dash who was siting right at my feet. I bent down and gave him a small pat on the head.

"Thanks Ed." I said. I looked back up at him and took a sip of my water.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked, he knew me to well. He knew that something was wrong and I was holding it in. I gave him a small nod and looked down at my feet. I let a small tear fall down my cheeks.

"The boys are leaving tomorrow and Macy leaves in like two weeks. And the boys are taking Eleanor and Danielle with them on part of the tour. And I am going to be all alone. And I cant move back in with Auntie cause I just moved out saying that I was an adult. And if  move back in it will look like I am a child and I cant handle being be myself." I said in complete sobs. Ed walked over to me and picked up my limb crying body, bridal style and carried me over to the couch. He sat down so that I was sitting on his lap. I cried into his shoulder while he rocked me back and forth like a baby.

"Shhh. You are alright, Love. You're okay." He said repentantly into my ear. I felt Dash come and sit next to me and Ed. 

Ed finally got me to calm down. I was just siting there now, on his lap while he was holding me in his arms and me head resting on his shoulder. 

"Now, I know something else is wrong. I can see it in your eyes. You want to talk about that too?" shit, he reads my like a book. He knows me to well. And if I lied he would know. So I just shook my head 'no' at him.

"Cass, just tell me, Love. it will make you fell better. I promise."

I took a deep breathe and started to talk. "Zayn said he still loves me. Like loves me in mushy way. He still has feelings for me. He said he regrets our break up.  But it happened a year and a half ago!"

"Cass, everything is going to be fine. He is probably just saying that cause he doesn't want to leave you for the tour. He is just going to miss you. That probably all that is going on." He said trying to calm me down...again. I nodded at him cause he was probably right. Zayn just didn't want to leave me cause he was going to miss me.

"How long have I been here?" I asked Ed while giving Dash a small pat on the head.

"About 3 hours."

"Shit." I got up from Ed's lap and went into the kitchen looking for my phone. "Ed, where is my phone?!" I yelled.

"On the counter be the stove." He yelled back. I heard little feet behind me. I turned around to see Dash walking into the kitchen after me. I found my phone and unlocked it. I had 20 missed calls and 16 text messages. I went to my call log to see who called.

Niall

Niall

Niall

Auntie

Harry

Zayn

Zayn

Liam

Louis

Louis

Harry

Eleanor

Eleanor

Niall

Niall

Danielle 

Josh

Macy

Macy 

Niall

I didn't bother to call any of them back. I looked at me text messages. They were all from Zayn and Niall and one was from Macy. I sighed and locked my phone and went back into the living room were Ed was. Dash followed right after me.

" Ed I have to go. They are freaking out about me." I said as I walked into the room. Ed stood up and walked over to me.

"I had someone bring you car over. It is parked in the drive way."

"Thanks Ed. It means a lot." i gave him a hug and headed for the door.

"Call me any time if you need anything. And I am not kidding when I say that." he followed me to the door. He opened it for me and walked me to my car. When I opened my car door Dash jumped into the car and sat down in the passengers seat.

"Dash, baby, you have to stay here with Ed." I said to him. I watched the expression on the dogs face drop a little.

"You know what, He has really missed you. Why don't you watch him for me. For a couple days so you wont feel so lonely when the boys leave." Ed said and the words brought a smile to my face.

"Really!?" i asked him. I was so excited.

"Really! He has really missed you."

"Oh my god!!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much Ed!!" I jumped into his arms and gave him a bone crushing hug.

"You're welcome Cass. " he said then I got into my car. I gave Dash a pat on the head and started the car. I waved bye to Ed then pulled out of the drive way and down the street back to my house.

__________________

 I opened the door to my house and let Dash walk in first. He went in and went straight up to the kitchen.

"Oh thank god." Niall said then came up to me and took me into a bone crushing hug. He buried his face into my hair and pulled me even closer to him. "Babe, don't ever scare me like that again!" He said into my ear before pulling away.

I walked into the living room and was greeted by a bunch of sighs of relief. Everyone got up from there seats and came up to me. I held up my hand and shook me head. They stopped in their tracks and looked at me in shock.

"I am not in the mood. No one, dare to touch me. I will beat the shit out of you." I said then walked up to me room leaving a very confused bunch downstairs. "DASH!" I yelled before i went into my room and the little fur ball came running up the stairs and into my room. I shut the door behind me and flopped down on my bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 142 22
Charlotte fulfills her dying sister's wish by going into One Direction's audition to join them for their world tour, and she makes it! She is going t...
786K 16.6K 78
Jade Collins is a 19 years old teenager. She has just completed her degree for Media Makeup at the College of Fashion, in London. Just as she is done...
31.1K 951 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
202K 2K 43
Title says it :))) Feel free to leave ideas and lmk what you think <3