Bela Salvatore 》The Vampire D...

By lovethebreeze

With her twin brother Stefan, Bela returns to Mystic Falls wanting to start a new normal human life, but bein... More

The Beginning
First Day
Plan Making
He's Back
Hospital Visit
Tension
Search Party
Deals and Dinner Plans
Unwanted House Guest
Game Time
Family Ties
Lost Girls
Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children Of The Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes The Neighborhood
Let The Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Party
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill Or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Merry Christmas!!!!
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By The Light Of The Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

You're Undead To Me

4.4K 92 11
By lovethebreeze

Disclaimer: I do not own The Vampire Diaries, only Bela.

Stefan and I decided to check in on Damon before we went to school. So that's why we're outside the cell door. Damon was laying down, looking weaker than usual.

"Where's my ring?" He asked weakly. Stefan just deadpanned, "You won't be needing it anymore." Damon let out a groan. "How long have I been here?"

"Three days." I answered.

"What are you two doin'?"

Stefan began explaining, "During the Dark Ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them."

Damon asked, "You know what will happen if I don't...feed on blood?"

This brought a little smile to my face. I said, "You'll grow weaker and weaker and eventually you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse, unable to hurt anyone. Ever."

"So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement, forever?"

"Bela injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once your circulation stops, we'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can reevaluate." Stefan tells him.

Damon let out a strained chuckle, "I'm stronger than you think."

I responded, "You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain and we all know it."

Stefan finished, "I'm sorry. Didn't have to be this way." He leaves. I was about to walk out when Damon called me.

"What about our deal?" He asked.

I let out a chuckle, "Damon, I promised I would help you with what ever your plan was and in return you leave me alone and not hurt my friends. Never said anything about me hurting you. I'm still going to help, it's just the plan has been put on hold." I walked out after that.

I grabbed bag from the floor and made my way over to Stefan. "Ready?" I asked him.

"You're both going to school?" Zach asked us.

"Came here to live a life." Stefan started. I then said, "It's about time we go back to it."

"And Elena, if she's still speaking to me." Stefan stated sadly as he put on his jacket.

"Why haven't you call her?" Zach asked.

"What am I suppose to do, feed her another lie? I hate lying to her, Zach. I'm not good at it. She already thinks I'm hiding something."

"That's because you are. She can't find out about us. Think about what she might do if she ever found out." I tell him.

"And what choice did you have? You guys came back here because you wanted to live as normal a life as you could. You knew this was going to be part of it." Zach added.

Stefan didn't say anything and left.

》》》》

On the way to school, Stefan told me what happened between him and Elena. We spotted them near the lockers. This is going to be awkward.

"Hey." Stefan greeted them. Elena looked pissed. Bonnie must have known what happened because she excused herself.

Stefan tries to apologize, "I'm so sorry I haven't called." Elena was giving him her best sarcastic smile, "No worries. I'll live."

"We were dealing with Damon." I told her.

"And did you? Deal with Damon?"

Stefan said yes the same time I said yeah.

"For four days?" She asked us, mostly to Stefan.

"You have every right to be upset with me. But can I explain it all to you, please?" Stefan pleaded.

"Sure. When?" She asked.

"I gotta be home after school, but the grill, around 4:00?" Elena gave a little nod, "Ok." Stefan thanked her.

Caroline walked up to us. "Stefan, Bela? Where's Damon? He has some serious apologizing to do." She asked us.

"He's gone, Caroline." I said to her. She asked when he was coming back. "He's not coming back, I'm sorry." I walked away with Stefan next to me.

"Hey, do you need me to check on Damon with you?" I asked him.

"No, I got it. He's weak so he's not going be able to do much."

》》》》

I went to the grill. I saw Matt playing pool and made my way towards him. "Well, look who it is." I said. Matt looked up, "Hey Bela."

"How are you?" I asked him.

"I'm doing good, getting bored playing this though." He laughed a little.

"Well, you are playing by yourself. How about a little competition?" I teased him.

"You know how to play?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Yup. You up for the challenge or are you scared?" He laughed a little. "Ok, it's on."

We played for a while. This was our third game and I was winning. "Where did you learn to play like that?" He asked.

"Years and years of practice." I said, which is true. Elena came in and made her way over to us.

"Hey Matt, Bela, um, have any of you seen Stefan?" She asked him.

"Nope."

"Stefan said he might be a little late." I told her. She asked me, "Do you know how late?" I just shook my head. She sighs.

She turns around about to walk away. "If you want to kill some time, um, you can rack." Matt told her. She chuckles. She was going to get bored if she waited for my brother. I joined in, "Come on, Elena. You can take my spot. Matt probably needs a break from losing." She laughs.

"Hey, that's not fair. You never told me you play like a pro. And Elena, we haven't played in forever. I'll let you break." She accepted.

It was almost an hour. Stefan was suppose to be here, I knew I should have gone with him. Elena was telling Matt about Jeremy and Vicki while she played.

"And there's Vicki, all nonchalant in the bathroom, like it's no big deal that they're hooking up." She said.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. Your brother and my sister, that's weird." I would have to agree with him there. I only talked to Jeremy a few times and he seems like like a good kid.

Elena's phone vibrates. "How late is he?" Matt asked.

"Hitting the hour mark. Nothing's wrong through. Which means I'm not talking boy problems with you."

"What about me?" I asked.

"You're his sister. It be weird talking to you about it." She tells me.

"Ya, but if you did talk to me about it, I could at least wack him with a rolled up newspaper and tell him what he's doing wrong, knock some sense into him." She chuckled a bit.

"So basically you would be training your brother?" She asked amusingly. I laughed, "Of course."

"Ok. But, I'm only asking Matt because your opinion is a little bit biased." I nodded my head understanding. She then looked at Matt, "Here it goes - what do you think of Stefan? Is he a good guy?" I wanted to grab her by the shoulders, shake her and shouted yes.

"Why? What's he done?" Matt asked.
She began, "Not any one thing. He's just so secretive all the time. I think there's something he doesn't want me to know. Which makes me want to know all the more." Oh no. She wants to know. If she keeps digging then she's going to find out about Stefan and me being vampires.

"Like what? Like that he's a serial killer and he keeps a clown suit in his trunk?" He jokes. Killer, yes. Clown suit in trunk...pretty funny.

She then looked at me, "Bela, do you know why's he's being secretive?" I nodded my head, giving her half the truth, "Ya, he told me. But I can't say anything, it's not my place to tell." She sadly nodded her head, "I understand."

I tried to cheer her up, "But I can tell you he's not a serial killer who keeps a clown suit in his trunk." Her and Matt chuckled.

She turned towards Matt again, "What do we know about him, really?" He thought about it, "He's great at football." Elena gave him a look as he continued, "A little bit of a loner." I smacked the back of his head and chuckles giving me a shrug, "And as much as I hate saying it, he might be a nice guy." I smiled, Stefan is a nice guy.

"So you think I'm just being paranoid?" She asked him.

"Elena, you should talk to him." I said.

"Talk to who?" Finally, he's here. We all looked at him when he came to us. Stefan tried to apologize for being late.

"Bela told me you might. What happened?" She asked.

"I got held up." What did Damon try to do now?

"Is everything ok?"

"There was this thing with my uncle." Did Damon try to attack Zach?

"And you couldn't call and tell me you were going to be an hour late? Or at least tell your sister so she can tell me?" She was getting mad.

Matt could sense the tension in the room and excused himself.

"I'm really sorry. It was unavoidable." He tried again.

"What was unavoidable?" When Stefan didn't answer Elena let out a humorless chuckle, "Ok."

She was about to leave but Stefan grabbed her arm, "Oh, uh, Elena, please..." She interrupted him, "No, Stefan. Don't you get it? Every question gets a vague non-answer. What is so awful that you're afraid to tell me?"

I probably should go. This was getting even more awkward the more I stand here. But before I had the chance to leave a guy was looking at me and Stefan.

"I know you two. My god." I remember him. Stefan and I met him in the 1950's...oh no.

"I'm sorry?" Stefan asked, trying to look confused. The guy pointed at us, "I know you two. How can it be?"

"Sorry sir, I think you got the wrong people." I tried. He looked at us in astonishment. "You guys haven't aged a day."

Elena was looking between us and the guy. Stefan tried again, "I'm sorry. Excuse us. Hey, can we - can we take you home?" He looked at Elena, "And we can talk about it? Is that ok?"

We lead her outside. Elena was pointing back, "Wait, what was that?" She asked us.

"I - I don't know, uh, nothing." Stefan said. Elena looked annoyed as she said, "Right, nothing. Ok, um...I gotta go guys. Excuse me." Stefan was looking and her when she leaves. We turn our heads and the guy was still staring at us.

》》》》

Stefan was looking miserable when we got to the house. He was sitting by the fire place, hands folded under his chin, thinking about how badly he messed up.

"What are you doing?" I asked him. He looked at me, "Just thinking." I shook my head after rolling my eyes. "Not that. I mean what are you doing just sitting around here? You should be going to her house and apologizing."

He sighed in defeat, "Bela, you were there. She told you that she thinks I'm hiding something from her..."

"Which is true." I cutted in.

"...she probably doesn't want see me anymore. What am I suppose to do?"

I rolled my eyes. I left and went to his room to get his jacket. I went back and threw his jacket at him. He gave me a confused look. "Stef, get your sorry ass off of the couch and go to her. She also said that she doesn't know you well. So here's what you're going to do: you go to her house, make her the best dinner you ever made, and let her get to know you. You head over there right now as if life depends on it and don't come back until she forgives you."

Stefan had determination in his eyes as he stood up. "You know what? You're right. She wants to know who I am so she's going to find out. Thanks Bela." He put on his jacket as he headed out. I shouted at him, "You're welcome!"

》》》》

Stefan came back with a smile on his face. Well I guess the plan worked. Stefan wanted to check on Damon one more time for the night.

Damon looked terrible. I was starting to feel bad. Sure, he did attack all those people and it was getting close enough to expose us, but he's still my brother.

"I bet you guys feel pretty good about yourselves aren't you?" Damon weakly asked. No, I'm not right now.

"Not particularly." Stefan said.

"You won. You both did. You got the bad guy. Now nothing can come between Stefan and Elena. Except the truth. The lies will catch up to you, Stefan. As long as you keep lying to yourself about what you are."

Stefan knew he was telling the truth, "The beauty of you in there and me out here...is that I can walk away." And with that Stefan leaves.

"You know I'm right, Bela." Damon tells me.

I looked at him, "I know you're right, she's already questioning stuff."

Damon coughed. I couldn't help him get out. He'll just kill more innocents. "I'm sorry, Damon." He let out a laugh. "No, you're not."

"You left me no choice." I told him.

"You had a choice, but as always you chose Stefan." I looked at him sadly. He's right. Whenever I get in the middle of their feud I would side with Stefan.

"I hope you can forgive me one day." I said.

"Let me out...and you're forgiven." He pleaded.

I shook my head. "You know I can't do that. The least I can do is give you a shot of blood once a week."

"What will be the point in that?"

"You wouldn't desiccate for one."

"But, I'll still be stuck in here."

"I'll give you the shot when I come back tomorrow." And I left.

》》》》

Stefan and I made our way over to Elena and Caroline. "Hi." Stefan greeted while smiling down at her.

Elena got up from her seat, "Hey."

Caroline was looking at all of us with a disapproving look, "The event is called sexy suds, you know." She smiles and walks away.

"Did we just get scolded?" Stefan asked. Elena was amused by this and said, "And judged, yeah."

"Wow." I laughed.

Elena then pulled Stefan close to her, "I'm sorry. I guess you're going to have to take that off." Stefan looked amused, "I think you have to go first."

I gave a look towards them, "And with that I'm out of here." They both laughed as I walked away. I saw Matt and Bonnie and made my way towards then.

"I'm just observing." Matt tells Bonnie.

"Sure you were." I said. They both greeted me when another car pulled up.

"Tiki, this one is yours." Bonnie tells a girl.

Tiki was giving the car a nasty look. "Why do I always get the homely ones?" She then looked at the driver, "Just to be clear, your car's a P.O.S. I mean, we can wash it, but it's still a P.O.S."

"Hey, you don't have to be rude." I said to her. If there weren't that many people around here I would have drained her.

"Rude is uglying up the road with that junker." I wanted to punch her, I guess Matt noticed and grabbed my arm. I turned to him and he shook his head.

Tiki went to fill the bucket up. I decided to help Matt with a car. I looked up and I saw Bonnie concentrating on the hose Tiki was using. Then the hose burst and Tiki squealed, Matt went to help her. "Wet and wild Tik." Matt joked.

》》》》

I went to Stefan and we began to wash a car. I told him what happened with Bonnie.

"You think it's starting then?" He asked me.

"Yeah, she was looking at the hose and it suddenly went on overdrive. Her powers are growing."

"Well, she is a Bennett witch."

"What about Elena?" I asked him.

"She asked about our family."

"Do you think she suspects anything?"

He sighs, "Maybe. She cut her finger last night and saw my face from the window."

I gave out a big grin and teased, "And how was the dinner last night?"

"It went great. I cooked for her, talked about myself a bit...talked about Katherine."

I stopped washing the car and gave him a surprised look. Then we herd the sound of people yelling, "Put it out!" We turned around and there was a fire trail. There was a car that was on fire and Bonnie was concentrating on it.

I ran over to her and shook her shoulders, "Bonnie! Bonnie! Bonnie! Bonnie!" She breaks out of her trance and looks at me.

She looked confused, "What just happened?"

"You were in some kind of trance." I told her.

She looks back at the car and seemed more confused, "Did I do this?"

"Yeah, I think you did."

Bonnie was looking worried, "Nobody else saw, did they?" I shook my head. "Don't tell anybody. Please." I nodded my head and she walks away in a hurry.

Stefan came up to me. "Everything ok?"

"Ya, she's scared." I replied.

"I would be too if I found out I was able to do something like that."

I agree, "Hey, I'm gonna go and check in on Damon."

"Be careful."

"Stefan, he's locked up. What's he going to do?"

》》》》

I made my way inside the house. The first thing I notice was the vase that was broken. I made my way over to it. Zach. Oh, no. I gotta make sure Zach's ok.

The first place I checked was the cellar. "Zach! Zach!" I keep yelling his name. He's got to be ok.

I screamed. There on the floor layed Zach's dead body. The cell door was wide open. Damon's out. Damon's out. He snapped Zach's neck. I kneeled down next to his dead body. I picked him up and held him. Damon killed him. Damon needs to pay.

It felt like hours and I can hear Stefan up stairs, "Zach! Bela! Zach!" I couldn't say anything. I felt numb. Stefan rushed towards me "Bela, what happened?"

"Damon." I said with so much bitterness in my voice.

Stefan took Zach from me and we stayed like that for a while. "I'm going to kill him." I stated as I got up.

"Wait, Bela." Stefan said rushing after me. I made my way up to the attic. Stefan grabbed my shoulder. I snapped, "I don't care what you say, Stefan. I'm going to kill him."

"No, you're not." Stefan stated.

"He killed Zach!!"

"You're not going to kill him..." He reached behind me and opened the drawer. He pulled out two stakes and handed one to me. "...because we're going to kill him."

He ran out after with me in tow. We were about to run out until Stefan opened the door and Elena was there.

"What are you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 682 11
in which zacharias "zachary" mikaelson is dragged back to mystic falls only to find that his long lost crush is alive and in love with the new petrov...
89.4K 1.6K 15
IN WHICH Klaus Mikaelson comes back to Mystic Falls to try and get back what he's lost BOOK TWO IN THE DIANA SALVATORE SERIES ©Cherxe ©JuliePlec 12...
642K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...
14.9K 201 16
Damon & Stefan were thought to be the only Salvatore's, when in fact there was a third brother. His name was Daniel Salvatore. And he was Katherine's...