The Queen and the Rose

By Starkidfan224

Rose and the Doctor travel to ancient Egypt to find out the secret of a forgotten Queen, but as usual, things... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 19

961 84 42
By Starkidfan224

Rose opened her mouth to protest just as she felt Khat's hands close around her arms from behind.  Aui grabbed the Doctor, and as he struggled to get away, Rose herself started to feel a bit hopeless.  She felt the blood pounding in her ears and tried to calm herself, trying to wrench her arms from Khat's grasp.

"Bring Isi forward," Surbia said coldly, and immediately her guards lurched forward and grabbed Isi roughly, dragging her to fall at Surbia and Horus Ba's feet.  Rose felt incredibly proud of the other girl, who held her head high and stared straight at the Queen.

"You are a traitor," the Queen said.

"I am a liberator," Isi bit back. 

Surbia let out a humorless laugh.  "And you think that helping these fools would solve anything for you?"

"You're an oppressor, and a sorceress," Isi replied bravely, "And I will not be manipulated by you and your witchcraft any longer."

"Is that so?" Surbia hummed and glanced around, as though looking for a solution.  "Kill her."

"No!" Rose lunged forward, almost taking Khat down with her.

Surbia looked up at Rose, shocked.  "And you've already developed a friendship with this one?"  She scoffed, "That woman is the only reason I couldn't have the Doctor."

"There were other reasons," The Doctor piped up from where he stood.

She shot him a glance.  "Nevertheless, this woman should be punished for what she's done."

"Banish her," the Doctor said, "Send her away with us.  We travel the galaxies, you'd never see her again."

Rose could hear the panic in the Doctor's voice.  She knew his plan was not to take Isi gallivanting through time and space.  He was going to want to take her somewhere she could be safe and have no chance of running into Surbia ever again.  Rose found herself wanting to fight for that as well, wanting Isi safe.  

"I'll also never see her again if I kill her," Surbia responded.

"You forget that she is the Queen, and not her, or you, or anyone else," Horus Ba said calmly.

The Doctor narrowed his eyes.  "I'd keep your mouth shut, sir.  You're supposed to be dead."

Horus Ba only got comfortable in his seat and smirked before throwing a wink at Rose.  She immediately felt disgusting under his scrutiny and wanted to run as far as she could.  To counter the feeling, she looked over at the Doctor, who was nothing short of gazing at her.  He nodded, as though he knew what she was thinking, and she turned back to face the Pharaoh and Queen, feeling stronger. 

"I've made my decision," Surbia said flippantly, "Isi dies."

The heaviness that fell over the room didn't escape the Doctor and Rose as both of them tried to figure out a way out of this.  The Doctor couldn't reach his sonic, not from the way he was being held.  He squirmed in Aui's grasp and wondered at her strength. She must've been enhanced by Surbia's magic somehow, and he couldn't break her grip.  

Isi didn't make a sound, kept her focus on the Queen defiantly, even as she was held captive.  She didn't lower her head, and somewhere, she must have known that her defiance, her rebellion agaisnt the Queen, would start this.  How long she had been planning it, Rose didn't know, but she knew that the hinge must've been on the Doctor and Rose remembering their pasts.  

She'd been so quiet, and that was why.  She'd wanted to save them, she'd wanted to save all of them.  It wasn't fair, and as long as she could, Rose wasn't going to stand for it.  She went nearly wild, pulling forward, trying to dislodge herself from Khat's hands, with no success.  She felt the gold pulsing through her again, this time knowing clearly what it was, and let it overtake her as much as it wanted.

The Doctor was shouting next to her, and though she heard him, she couldn't turn her gaze from Isi and the Queen, but she could hear her name mixed into his words.  He was calling to her, and she would go to him, but right now, she had something to do.

The Queen raised her little pouch from her side, and distantly, Rose heard herself screaming.  She was no longer fighting, just yelling, as though that would change something.  Surbia looked uncomfortable and seemed to be avoiding her gaze as she fumbled with the pouch to open it.  

Suddenly, the sound of an explosion surrounded her, but she felt nothing, only the TARDIS singing and the thought of protecting the Doctor and Isi.  Sod everyone else, this wasn't fair  and she wasn't going to take it.

Her vision left her and she felt herself collapsing as the Doctor screamed her name again.  Just as his arms closed around her, she felt the world go black around her more than she saw it.

***

Isi looked around her at the rubble of the servant's quarters and the people passed out around them before turning around and seeing the Doctor cradling Rose in his arms, murmuring to her, stroking her cheeks.

"What did she do?" Isi whispered.

The Doctor looked up at Isi.  "Well, she just saved both of our bloody lives, is what she did."

"But...  The servant's quarters.  They're destroyed."

"Yep.   She did that too."

"How?" 

"It's a very long story."

He went back to stroking her cheek, trying to wake her, no doubt.  Isi turned back to where the Queen and Horus Ba had been sitting, and saw a decrepit corpse where he'd been, still covered in new finery.  She gasped and scrambled backwards until she hit the Doctor's leg.  

"What, what is it?" the Doctor turned to her and followed her gaze to the Pharaoh.  "Ah.  Yes, well, I suppose he would be dead again, wouldn't he?"

"He just, he's decomposed!" Isi said in shock, finding it hard to not stare.

The Doctor was still trying to wake Rose, but was now thinking of the Pharaoh as well.  "He's been dead for years and years, it was bound to happen.  As nature should be," he said solemnly. 

Rose moaned in what was apparently a restless sleep and sat up, her eyes opening and flashing gold, "We have to run," she said in an odd voice.

"Rose, look what you did," the Doctor nodded towards the others, his voice painfully gentle.

"We're not safe!  We have to run!" She shouted, squirming around, trying to pull from the Doctor's grasp.

"Stop, Rose, be still!" The Doctor's fingers curled into her.  "Stop.  Please."

She focused on him so intently that from where Isi was sitting, she thought the Doctor might combust from her gaze alone.  Her shaky fingers rose to stroke his cheek.  "You want me to stop?" She asked.

The Doctor met her eyes and nodded slowly, "This is dangerous, Rose, and if you can bring it on, you can stop it, is that right?"

"Yes.  We still have to run," she insisted.  

"Rose..."

"Please."

"We have to get rid of the Queen."

Rose's eyes darkened to a molten golden-bronze.  "We will."

"Stop it, Rose."

She was blinking back tears, as though it was starting to hurt.  "Doctor," she said, suddenly sounding afraid.

"You can do it," the Doctor said insistently, "Just close your eyes and focus."

Rose did as he said, her hand still touching his face with infinite gentleness.  She sighed heavily through her nose, and when she opened her eyes, they were back to their normal, clear whiskey color.  The Doctor beamed at her and she smiled back.

"Hello."

"Hello."

"No more Bad Wolf for you," he scolded lightly. 

She looked around and then back at him.  "Did I do all that?" She asked sheepishly.

He knew, somewhere deep down, he should be angry, but he wasn't.  Couldn't be.  "Yes, you did," he said, and leaned forward to kiss her suddenly before helping her to her feet.  He reached down and assisted Isi in standing as well. 

"Oh, no," she whispered.

"What is it?" Rose asked.  

Isi pointed a shaky finger and saw that where the wasted corpse of Horus Bad had been sitting.  His eyes burned red and he was getting to his destroyed feet. 

"Oh, Rose, you were right," The Doctor said softly.  "Run!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 3.2K 26
"Stuck with you, that's not so bad" "Yeah?" "Yes" Rose and the Doctor are stranded 6 months in the past on Earth with no way of escaping. The only...
39.3K 2.1K 24
~Book 1 in TenRose "Journeys" 2 part fanfiction. (The Slow Path ~ Long Way 'Round) Rose is not happy at all when the Doctor left her for 5 hours on a...
42.1K 2.7K 24
The Doctor and Rose Tyler have been undercover plenty of times. What they haven't been is shipwrecked on an island by a storm-that's-really-not-a-st...
992 66 11
Laura was a simple girl from Scotland, but tragedy seemed to follow her. Every night she kept having dreams about this man, a man who she would follo...