So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 |...

By omgchele

Between juggling the struggles of being a teen parent, going to a new school in a new neighborhood, being rid... More

So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 {Synopsis}
Copyright Notice
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Update PLEASE READ!!
Chapter 12
Leaving?
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Published Book Covers
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - THE END

Chapter 4

17K 529 783
By omgchele

Sorry it took so long to post this guys. I start school on Monday so I'm going back to my weekly updates until my next break, then I'll do the daily updates. I can't believe people are complaining in my inbox about how much I update. Like, I'm so confused. I update once a week and over the two week period that I update like everyday or every other day, they get upset. I just don't understand. It's either, I don't update frequently enough or it's I update too much. What do y'all want? lmao

One girl had the nerve to tell me I update too much so she's unfollowing me, taking my books out of her Library and she's going to read Against All Odds. Like, what? lmao I don't force anybody to read anything, do I? lol

Anyways, I hope you guys are having a good new year and I hope you guys make this year joyous and prosperous!

Teddy
I felt bad about putting my hands on Victoria and I regretted it as soon as I did it but it's not like I can take it back now. I've just been so frustrated with her and her behavior that I didn't know what to do aside from putting my hands on her. It's not right but she was asking for it. She told me to do it, and I just did.

I've pretty much lost the little bit of respect I have left for Victoria, that's why it was so easy for me to put my hands on her. I don't know what her issue is but she's starting to act immature and selfish again, the same way she did in high school. I know her acting out is only to get attention but she needs to realize she's too old to be acting out to get my attention. I love her, so she doesn't have to do much to get my attention. If she wants my attention all she has to do is tell me and I'll drop everything for her. But I just don't see myself doing that with the way she's acting now.

As soon as I ran out of the restaurant, I got in my car and pulled off. I was just driving at this point, going nowhere in particular but I need to get my mind off of everything for awhile, mainly Victoria. The last thing I want to do is walk away from her when things are bad but it seems like the only thing I can do at this point. I can't keep putting up with her behavior and how awfully she treats the kids. Theodore is a big fuck up, and I understand that, but putting him out to feign for himself was taking it overboard.

Somehow, I found myself pulling up in the driveway of Mr. and Mrs. McDonald and I don't know why. I haven't talked to them since they first announced they were trying to take my kids away from them. I honestly don't have anything to say to them at this point. They're selfish and judgement just like their crazy daughter but I need to get some things off of my chest if I continue on the route I'm going.

Before I could even get out of my car, their butler was standing at the door waiting on me. I took a deep breath and climbed out of my car. I'm already here so I might as well go on inside. I walked up the porch steps, into the house and straight back to the den where I'm sure Mr. McDonald was at and sure enough he was sitting on the couch reading his Bible. He didn't even look up or acknowledge me when I walked in, so I decided to be the bigger person.

"Hello Mr. McDonald."

"Theodore," he replied, never looking away from his Bible.

"I came here to talk to you sir."

"I'm not in the mood to talk. I'm sure you remember the way to my front door. Find it and leave."

I sighed. "Look I apologize about what I said to you. It was completely out of line but you gotta understand where I'm coming from man. Both of my kids are in the hospital, Ava's gone off doing whatever the hell she's doing. I haven't heard from her in weeks since she turned her back on us. I've barely heard from Isaiah recently and I'm raising my grandson because my daughter doesn't even know she has a son or the situation she was in to get a son. You gotta understand where I'm coming from Mr. McDonald, I'm tired and I'm burned out with all this shit. And to top it all, Victoria's losing her mind on me. She doesn't see the kids in the hospital and she refuses to talk to Theodore. And every time we're out in public, she makes an ass out of herself. I just can't keep doing this."

"But what are you doing to my Princess to make her behave that way?"

I signed, shaking my head. "Are you serious right now? Your Princess is a grown woman that needs to own up to what she's doing. You think it's all right for her to mistreat her children and husband?"

"I never said it was all right for her to do that but you're coming to me talking about my baby girl like I'm supposed to take your dude. She's my daughter."

"And she's my wife. My daughter, son and grandson are all suffering because of your daughter and what she's doing to them. I know you don't give a damn about anybody else but your darling baby girl but you need to wake up and realize she's not a child, she's not your Princess, she's not a baby, she's a lunatic that needs help and based on the way I see it, I'm more of her Daddy than you are," I replied. "I mean, she basically calls me Daddy everyday."

He shut his Bible, laughing, as he finally looked up at me. "I bet you think that's funny, don't you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. It wasn't meant as a joke but if you think it's funny, be my guest and laugh. It's nothing to laugh about though. I'm tryna tell you what's up with your daughter."

"I know everything I need to know about my daughter. I'll admit she has her hang ups but you're the route problem of them. She only started losing her mind when she started hanging out with you."

"So you're saying she's been losing her mind all her life since we've been around each other all of our lives?"

He shook his head. "Nah, I mean like back in high school. You know when your dirty ass was sleeping around on her or in college when you cheated on her. I don't know what you did to make her take you back but I was hoping and praying shed end it with you and I wouldn't have to see the likes of you in my house anymore but then you knocked her up."

"It was a mutual thing. I didn't sleep with her unprotected on my own. She let me sleep with her unprotected."

"And it's a wonder she doesn't have any diseases."

I shrugged my shoulders. "None that I know of. But there's no telling with her these days."

He frowned. "Still joking around I see. But lemme tell you some my nigga, you're the route problem of all of this going on with my daughter and my grandkids. If it wasn't for you then none of this would even be going on. And as of right now, you've completely crossed the line with me. If it weren't for me trying to restrain from going to jail for killing you then I would've jumped on your ass a long time ago. That's the only thing stopping me from pulling my gun out of my pants and killing you. You got lucky nigga but I suggest staying away from my daughter, me and my family."

I took a deep breath as I stood up. "Good. I got the answer I wanted from you. I came over here to get your blessing."

He scrunched up his face. "For what?"

"You won't have to see me anymore once this is over. I wanted your blessing to get a divorce from your daughter. That way, I won't have to corrupt her or any other member of your precious family. I swear you're just like my biological parents. You never gave a fuck about me and I'm glad your true colors are finally starting to show. It's all right if you don't like me 'cause I can't stand you either you old, crusty ass, bitter ass mother fucker. Fuck you and your whole family. All of y'all bastards can kiss my black ass."

Mr. McDonald laughed as I began walking out of the den. "I'll see you in court broke, no parents having bitch."

"You sure will see me but don't expect to get my kids nigga. Fuck you!" I yelled as I walked out of the den.

I knew  I shouldn't have came here and talked to him. He's just like Victoria. He doesn't want to admit he fucked up when it comes to Victoria. The older she gets the more she starts losing her mind. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Mr. McDonald is the exact same way and Mrs. McDonald ain't too far away from that point either since she lets all of this go on. The three of them deserve each other and they all need to be locked up with their crazy asses.

Lindsey

A month had passed and today, I was finally getting out of the hospital. I still couldn't remember anything, only what everybody was telling me about what happened in the past, so I'm supposed to have somebody around me to help me and to try and jog my memory. I guess it's going to be Andre since nobody else has stepped up to do it. I understand why Grandma and Grandpa didn't step up to do it since they're concerned about Daniel and Theodore. They haven't taken my parents to court just yet, but they have a court date int he next few days but they'll most likely get Theodore and Daniel.

I mean, my Mom hasn't shown up to the hospital at all. She calls once a week, if that much, but she never wants to talk to Theodore. She only talks to me a for a few minutes before she makes up some excuse as to why she can't talk to us. And Daddy comes up here to see us every other day. He and Theodore don't say much to each other, which makes it awkward in the room, so I'm just silent too. I don't mean not to say anything but I have no idea what to say since everything seems so tense in here.

And I don't know what got into Aubrey all of a sudden. He comes by to see us almost everyday, him and Jaz, and he barely speaks to me like he did when I was first in here. He doesn't even come hug me or anything. He barely greets me and just talks to Theodore the majority of the time. I'm not complaining though. I didn't know how to let Aubrey down without hurting his feelings, so I'm glad he got the hint that I want Andre. I don't even think Andre got around to speaking to him yet since every time one of them is here, the other isn't.

Here I sat in my room with Andre and Asia next to me while Theodore sat across the room in his bed with Aubrey, Jaz and Majesty around him. His doctor was talking to him while my doctor talked to me about what I'll have to do now that I'm being released.

"Have you been taking your medication Mrs. Harrington?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Yes. The nurse gives it to me everyday."

He looked about his clipboard, shaking his head. "No, not that medicine. I see in your records that you're supposed to be on anti-depressants and Xanax to help lessen your anxiety. I don't remember talking to you about this before, but do you remember taking your medicine?"

I shook my head. "No. I don't remember anything."

He turned to Andre. "Mr. Harrington, do you recall seeing your wife taking her medication twice a day before she got into the accident? Or do you recall seeing any medication at your home?"

Andre shook his head. "Nah, well, I don't know. I can't remember but I don't think she was. I just assumed she was done taking it since I hadn't seen her taking it in awhile."

"That's not good." The doctor sighed as he turned to Asia. "Have you seen her taking her medicine ma'am?"

"Alright, so this is what happened," Asia began. "She had this whole break down one night talking about how she's tired of being scared to live her life and how she wants to be normal. She said she was sick of being doped up on drugs that weren't doing anything besides suppressing her feelings, so she flushed all of her medication down the toilet. I couldn't do anything to stop it once I found out since it was already down the drain. I knew it wasn't good so I kept an eye on her the following days and everything seemed normal with her."

"She didn't have any setbacks to getting off the medication?"

"No," Asia replied. "She actually started getting better, honestly. She was barely going out around a lot of people and once she got off the medicine she started going out more and going out on dates. She seems to have gotten better now that she's off the medicine."

"Do you agree sir?"

Andre shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know why you're asking me. I'm not the medical professional, you are. I know y'all ran some tests on her to see where she's at mentally and emotionally, and if the tests come back saying she needs to be on her medication then she needs to be on it. And I'll make sure she takes it everyday."

"Do I really need to be on more medicine?" I spoke up.

The doctor nodded his head. "It's for the safety of yourself and the people around you that you get back on your medication Mrs. Harrington. I'll call your local pharmacy and notify them about you needing to pick up your medication. They'll give you a call when it's ready for pick up. And with your normal medication, you'll also be getting something to stop your head aches and Ginkgo Biloba, which is used for memory improvement. Alright?"

I nodded my head. "Alright," I mumbled.

"Mr. Harrington, please make sure she takes all of her medicine daily and notify me if you start to see a shift in her behavior. But please be safe Mrs. Harrington and come back if there's anything wrong. Okay?"

"Okay."

As soon as the doctor walked out of my room, Andre nudged me. "How come you ain't been taking your medicine? When I asked you about it, you said your doctor said you didn't have to take it anymore."

"I-I don't know," I mumbled.

"She can't remember Andre," Asia sighed. "And you know how Lindsey is. Personally, I don't think she needs to be doped up on medication all the time. I think the medication clogs her mind and makes her even more depressed. She hasn't been on anything like the anti-depressants the entire time she was in the hospital and she's been find. I don't think that doctor knows what he's talking about."

"He's a professional. Let him do his job," Andre replied before turning back to me. "Daniel and Theodore still staying with us tonight?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah."

Since Theodore likes to run his mouth to the social worker about how Mama and Daddy kicked him out of the house, she's just using that to help Grandma and Grandpa build up their case against them. As of right now, Theodore and Daniel can't stay with Mama and Daddy, primarily because Mama refused to talk to the social worker about Theodore and her parenting and she refused to let them in the house. I know Grandma and Grandpa have their court case against Mama and Daddy coming up next week, so I'm sure they're getting everything together, so Andre and I volunteered to keep Theodore and Daniel for the next week. I don't know how we're going to do it but I'm up for the task.

"Y'all ready to go?" Theodore asked, pushing his wheelchair over to us with a huge smile on his face.

"Yeah, why are you smiling so much?" I asked.

"Because," he said, waving a piece of paper in front of my face. "My doctor said since I'm experiencing chronic pain that medication really doesn't help, then he's prescribing me something different to treat my pain."

"And that is?" Asia asked.

"Medical marijuana," Theodore said as he and all of his friends busted out laughing. "So that means I need somebody to take me to one of them weed clinics so I can get my medication tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes. "That's exactly what you need," I mumbled before turning to Aubrey. "You're still gonna drive back to my apartment, right?"

Aubrey nodded his head. "Yeah, I got you."

"And please be careful with Theodore. Don't hurt him."

"I won't baby, I promise," Aubrey smiled, making Jaz roll her eyes.

Jaz folded her arms. "Baby? You're not talking to me so don't call another female baby."

"For real, especially one that's married," Andre butted in.

Aubrey placed his hand over his heart. "Well damn, it's called being nice."

"It's called stepping out of place," Jaz replied, "so I suggest getting back into your place. Come on, let's go. I'm driving." She grabbed Theodore's wheelchair and pushed him out of the room with Majesty, who was carrying all of Theodore's stuff, following right behind them before Aubrey jogged out after them.

"And I have to get Isaiah from school," Asia stood up. "And we'll be over your apartment in about an hour."

I nodded my head. "Okay." She grabbed her stuff and walked out before I turned to Andre. "So, it's just me and you."

He smiled. "I like it this way," he said, grabbing my hand. "You ready to go?"

I quickly nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm sick of being in this bed everyday and seeing this same ugly room everyday and eating the nasty food. I'm ready to go home with you and see what our apartment looks like. Are you still gonna cook dinner for me?" I asked as he pulled me out of bed. "Because you promised you would since I liked the fried chicken you bought up here two weeks ago."

He laughed as he grabbed my bags and threw them over his shoulder. "Yeah, I'll see what I can make for you tonight," he said, walking me out of the room with our hands interlaced. "You still gonna give me what I want?"

"I'll give you whatever you want and more."

He smiled. "Whatever I want and more? You sure about that?"

I laughed as I nodded my head. "Yes, whatever you want and more," I replied. I wanted to do anything I could for Andre at this point. He's been up at the hospital every single day trying to show me he's a good man and husband, he's walked around the floor with me for an hour everyday so I could exercise and he's taken care of me more than anyone else has. He's done so much for me and dedicated this past month that I've been in here to me.

Andre and I stepped on to the empty elevator and he pressed the button for the first floor. "You know you gon' get it tonight, right?" he asked, looking over at me.

I smiled, unsure of what he was talking about. "Get what?"

He laughed. "Damn, you ruining the moment Lindsey. Come here baby." I walked towards him and stood in front of him. He placed one of his hands on my hip and the other in the small of my back. "Remember we talked about sex the other day when it was just me and you in the room? And I gave you head."

I smiled, nodding my head. "Mhmm. It felt good," I replied, making him laugh again.

"I know. It's all gonna feel like that tonight baby. We gotta put Daniel and Theodore to bed early tonight so we can get some alone time."

"I agree."

The elevator doors opened up and we walked off while others rushed on. Andre and I walked outside to the parking lot and we got inside of his car, which smelled just like him. After he put all of my stuff in the back seat, he got in the car and pulled off from the hospital. I took a deep breath as I watched the hospital disappear behind me. I'm so relieved to be away from that place. It's the same thing every single day and I was just sick of it. Nothing changed, except for my want to leave.

About 20 minutes later, Andre pulled up in front of an apartment complex and stopped right outside. "You see those windows right up there at the top?"

I looked up at where he was pointing and nodded my head. "Yeah." The building had to be about 15 stories high, with huge glass windows at the top. I'm guessing that's our apartment since Andre's told me so much about those infamous windows that overlook the entire city. "Is that our apartment?"

"Yup. It is. This is the outside of our home," he said as he pulled off and drove around the back to the parking garage. "I know it doesn't look like much from the outside but I promise the inside looks a whole lot better than this."

"It's beautiful. It's a lot better than the view I had from inside of the hospital."

Andre laughed as we climbed out of the car. We both grabbed my stuff and he led the way to the apartment complex. He pushed a back door open and he led me up to an elevator. It was pretty quiet when we walked inside of here. There was a receptionist at the desk but that's it. The lobby was empty and it was quiet except for the radio softly playing in the background. The elevator doors opened and Andre and I stepped on before he pressed the button to the fifteenth floor.

Once we got up to our apartment, the doors opened and my eyes widened. I was expecting to see Theodore and his friends and some of Andre's friends but I wasn't expecting it to be dirty like this. The way Andre described it, he made it seem as if the apartment was clean and in tip top condition. There's dirty dishes in the sink and around it, there's trash over flowing out of the garbage can and the pots and pans on the oven looked like they had been sitting there for days.

"Look, I can explain why it's so messy," Andre said as I walked towards the filthy kitchen area. "I've been so busy with you up at the hospital the past month that I didn't get a chance to clean it but you normally do the cleaning around here. I was just waiting on you to get back so you could clean up for me. And I don't even know where the cleaning supplies are."

I rolled my eyes. "It's your mess so you're gonna clean it up. And they're under the sink," I said, walking away from him. I can't believe he'd make the excuse, he waited for me to get well so I could clean up for him. I'm not cleaning up after his trash throughout this apartment. I turned and started walking back towards our bedroom but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"How'd you know it's under the sink?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Because that's where I put it the last time I cleaned up."

He scrunched up his face as he turned around and pulled the cabinet doors open under the sink. There sat the cleaning supplies like I said. "I thought you said you couldn't remember nothing? How'd you know it was under there?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, just because I do," I mumbled, looking around the apartment. "I can't remember much but I do remember this apartment. Isn't our bedroom down the hall to the right? And isn't it across the hall from the bathroom?"

He nodded his head. "Yes. Do you remember anything else?"

I shook my head. "No. Well, not that I know of. Can I go to our room now? And that better not be messy either," I said as I walked back to our bedroom with Andre following right behind me.

I don't know why but I could remember parts of this apartment and I don't recall leaving it looking like this. I pulled Andre's boxers off of the door knob to our room and tossed them back on him before I walked into the room. It wasn't as dirty as I expected it to be. I mean, Andre's stuff was all over the place but mine wasn't. I put all of my stuff from the hospital on the ground before I laid back on my bed, happy to be back home.

Theodore

Ever since I was released from the hospital, we've just been chilling at Lindsey and Andre's apartment. They've been back off in their room for the past hour, probably fucking but I didn't care. Isaiah and Asia came through with food and drinks and I had to get some Hennessy, especially while Lindsey's not here. If she was around she wouldn't let me drink anything but I had to get something to drink. I've been in the hospital for over a month, I need a release.

I leaned to the side and watched as Aubrey sneaked us drinks while Asia and Isaiah weren't watching. They were too busy all over each other to even notice us though. Aubrey poured two glasses and quickly walked back over to us. He handed me my drink before plopping down on the couch next to Jaz. My cup was half full but I couldn't take the risk of Isaiah catching me with this so I took it to the head.

"Don't throw up again," Majesty laughed as she sipped on her Sprite.

Isaiah and Asia thought they were being funny bringing us pops and juice while they and the other adults here got the alcohol. Most of Andre and Lindsey's friends were here drinking when they didn't put in any money to get food and drinks, so I had to get in and get something before it was all gone. I don't know why they're treating us like we're kids though. We probably drink as much as they do.

I chuckled. "I'm not gonna throw up this time. Come here ma."

"Where? You're in a wheelchair?"

"Take me somewhere, please," I smiled.

"I can't just be all up in your sisters' house. That's rude."

I shrugged my shoulders. "So? If she catches us, then I'll just tell her you were helping me do something. You gon' push me somewhere or not? If not, then I can get one of Lindsey's sexy friends to push me somewhere. I'm sure they'll be glad to take me where ever I need."

She rolled her eyes as she stood up from the couch. She got behind me and unlocked the wheels on my wheelchair. "I swear you should be glad you're in a wheelchair or you would've got slapped," she said, pushing me out of the living room. "Where do you want me to go?"

"Down the hallway and to the left. It's the spare bedroom."

She nodded her head and pushed me past the people who were just standing around talking. I've never even seen half the people here, so I didn't know them. She pushed right past them and down the hall to the left. She pushed the door of the spare bedroom open and flipped on the lights before pushing me inside.

I guess I'm gonna be sleeping in here since I'm gonna be staying with Lindsey and Andre the next few days. I don't like bouncing from place to place but it beats the hell out of staying in Victoria and Teddy's house or just being around them. I haven't seen or heard from Victoria since she kicked me out over a month ago. She'll call Lindsey every once and awhile but she refuses to talk to me. She hasn't even come up to the hospital to see me either. I know we aren't on the best of terms right now but I expected her to come up and see me at least once. I talk a lot of shit about her all the time but it really hurts knowing she truly doesn't care about me.

I tell her all the time I can't stand her but I didn't expect her to completely bail on me and treat me like I don't exist. She truly treats me like shit, as if I don't mean anything to her. And Teddy is the same way. He comes up to the hospital to see us, but in my eyes, he's just as guilty as she is. He keeps telling me he wants me to come home but Victoria just doesn't want me there. He's allowing her to control everything in our family, so he's to blame too. And he's the one that broke the news to me about how I need to get out of their house. He's guilty, and he knows he is. His guilt shows when he comes up to the hospital and Lindsey and I don't speak to him.

I can tell he's hurting about everything that's going on but if he grows a pair of balls and stands up to Victoria, then he wouldn't be feeling this way. He lets her control him too much. She's ruining our family, not me. I know I could be doing a whole lot better than how I'm doing right now but that still doesn't make her actions right. I know I'm supposed to forgive and forget but I just don't see myself forgiving her for any of this. She's ultimately the reason why I'm paralyzed now. If I wasn't trying to stand up to Ava for her, Ava wouldn't have retaliated and stabbed. She's the reason I'm like this. All I was doing was being a good son.

"Theodore," Majesty called, waving her hand in my face. "Theodore!"

I took a deep breath, finally looking up at her. "Yeah? What's up?"

"Nothing. I've been calling your name for a long time. You okay?"

I slightly shrugged my shoulders as I pushed myself towards the edge of the bed. I wanted to come back here and talk to her but I don't even feel like it anymore. I just want to be alone right now. "I just need some space right now," I mumbled. I placed one hand on the arm of my wheelchair and the other on my bed before pulling myself up on the bed.

"Are you sure you're okay? Do you need me to get your sister?"

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm fine."

"Then how come you're getting in the bed? It's only four in the afternoon," she replied.

"I'm just not feeling this no more," I said, pulling the covers up over my body.

She sighed. "Alright. I guess I'm gonna go since you're going to sleep. I'll see you at school tomorrow, right?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'll be there. Can you turn the lights off on your way out?"

"Sure," she mumbled.

She turned and shut off the lights before walking out of the room. I didn't mean to turn her away but I just need some space. It's not her or anybody else, it's me. I'm just not feeling this anymore. I'm sick of pretending to be all right with this when I'm not. I'm not good at all. I'm hurting and nobody seems to notice it. I took a deep breath and just stared off into the darkness. What if my parents lose the case against my grandparents? What's gonna become of me and Daniel then? What will happen to my parents once they get their kids taken away from them? Victoria's crazy now, but I think she'll go completely overboard if she loses the case.

Part of me doesn't want my grandparents to get custody of me for only one reason: my parents will be devastated. That's the only reason I don't want them to get custody, but every other part of me is hoping and praying that I get taken away from my parents. But then there's a small part of me thinking, if Victoria and Teddy turned out the way they did after being raised by my grandparents, will I turn out stuck up, bitter and conceited like them too? I don't want to go through my life living it the way Victoria does. She's one of these basic people who only see things from their perspective. She doesn't take in account for other people. She only cares about herself and that only came from one place: her parents.

Willie

I can't believe my Pops is making me do this. First, he made me take care of my daughter for a whole weekend by myself. I know I should be taking care of her but damn. That was the first time I ever did that and it was brutal. And ever since a month ago, I've been taking care of my daughter every weekend instead of hanging out with my friends. And my Dad's even been making me take Tee Tee to her doctor appointments since I could possibly be the father of the baby. Hopefully I'm not though. I just can't deal with her for 18 plus years. She's a good fuck, and that's about all she's worth to me.

Now my Dad's really got me looking stupid. He claimed he went to visit Theodore in the hospital and he saw how banged up he was. Word on the street is that his sister stabbed him, so my Dad's been feeling bad about what happened to him. Now he's got me up at Lindsey's apartment party, trying to apologize to Theodore and Aubrey for 'bothering them', or whatever my Dad called it. I'm not trying to be a bitch and apologize to them for just defending myself but my Dad threatened to fire me if I didn't apologize, so here I am. 

I knocked on the door of Lindsey's apartment, and stood back. I could hear the loud music playing from outside of the door and I could hear loud talking, so I'm sure they didn't hear me knocking. I banged on the door a little harder and then it opened up. I scrunched up my face once I saw Majesty pull open the door. How did she get all the way on this side of town? 

The last time I saw her, she had braces, she was lame and she was always stuck in the house with her parents or at the church with her parents. This is the last place I'd expect her to be, and hanging out with these people. But that was a few years ago and she sure has glo'd up. She ditched the braces, got her body looking good and stopped dressing like a church girl. If I knew she was gonna be looking like this right now, I wouldn't have slept with her sister Harmony. I would've waited on Majesty's fine ass and got her pregnant with my baby. Now, she's what a good baby mama looks like. Her sister ain't shit and ain't never gonna be sit but Majesty's different. 

I mean, she's always been nice but who just wants somebody nice? She's gotta look good if she wants to roll with me and Majesty's definitely one of them chicks that you keep on your team. She's smart and she's got a good body. I need to get her number.

I smirked. "What's up Majesty? I haven't seen you in awhile."

She rolled her eyes and just pushed past me. "Don't talk to me William."

She tried walking away from me but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back towards me. "So, that's it? That's all you got to say to me? C'mon, we're basically family. I'm the father of your niece, the least you could do is talk to me. You ain't gotta like me but I know you're nicer than this."

She sighed, folding her arms. "What do you want me to say? You haven't seen me in a long time because you decided it was all right to dip out on my sister and just skip the burdens of taking care of Sophia. Don't act like it wasn't you who decided to leave everything for my family to take care of. And don't ever say we're family, ever. You already know I can't stand your ass and I'll never consider you as apart of my family. You just so happened to get my sister pregnant."

"I was 15 when she got pregnant. You thought I was supposed to drop everything and take care of a baby at that age?"

"Well, when you lied to my sister about how old you are, I assumed you'd take on the responsibility of taking care of what you helped create. For the longest you lied to my sister about your age. You told her you were a year old than her."

I shrugged my shoulders. "And? She believed it and she got herself pregnant. End of story."

She chuckled as she looked me up and down. "You're more ignorant than I remembered you to be. If I can remember from ninth grade Biology, nobody can get themselves pregnant. It takes a male and a female to get the female pregnant, and I think you're the male that got my sister pregnant."

"I know I did and I'm taking care of what's mine."

"Yeah, two years too late," she sarcastically replied. 

"Whatever. I'm still taking care of her. Hey, can I get your number so I can stay in contact with you and your family? I be tryna call Harmony about Sophia but she never wants to answer my calls or texts. I just need a way to stay in contact with y'all for the sake of my daughter. You feel me?"

"No, I don't. I'm not your baby mama so you need to take that up with my sister. And you know where we live. It wouldn't kill you to stop by and see your daughter more than on the weekend. I think she'd appreciate knowing who her father is since you're never around."

I chuckled. "She knows who her father is. Why you so feisty? You ain't been getting no dick lately?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're such a bastard."

"Your sister loves it though," I smiled. 

"But I don't," she said, turning around and walking away from me but I grabbed her again. "What do you want?"

"Since you was in there, you seen Aubrey and Theodore in there?"

She folded her arms. "Aubrey's in there. What do you need to know about Theodore?"

I smirked. "Why you so pressed about it? Is that the nigga you fucking or something?"

"It's none of your business what I'm doing with him."

"I hope you know he got some girls pregnant. I'm sure you don't want nothing to do with him now, do you?"

"If that's your way of making me jealous, you're doing a poor job at it."

I smiled. "It's nothing to make you jealous of baby. I'm not tryna do that. I'm just tryna calm things down between the two of us so we can get back to being friends like how we used to be."

"Friends? You must've been mistaken sweetie. If you call you constantly making fun of me about my weight, my braces and my clothes, us being friends then you're sadly mistaken. You know I've never liked you and you've been suspect to me since I first met you. What? You think just because it's been two years since we've last seen each other that all is good now that I've grown up? You're still the same ugly person and I still don't like you. Nothing has changed so let's just keep things the way they used to be: with us having no communication because you're an evil, ugly dead beat. You need to stick to taking care of your child," she said, walking away from me.

I smirked as I watched her walk away from me and down the hall tot he elevator. Damn. She's so fine. She doesn't know it now, but we're gonna get something going really soon. I turned around and walked into Lindsey's apartment since she left the door open. I scanned the small crowd of people in the apartment and couldn't find Theodore but I did see Aubrey sitting on the couch with that Jaz girl. She's fine too. It's a shame she's got her head shoved so far up Aubrey's ass. If she just walked away from him, she'd have so many niggas to choose from. I don't know why she's been staying with him for so long.

I found myself walked towards Aubrey, who had no clue I was coming towards him. "What's up?" I asked, standing over him.

He sighed, looking up at me. "Can I help you?"

"I need to speak with you."

"Nah, I'm good," he replied.

"Nah, I'm for real. I need to talk to you."

He sighed. "About what?"

I looked over at Jaz. "In private."

She scrunched up her face. "I don't know why you looking at me. I'm comfortable here and I don't plan on leaving. Whatever you got to say to him then you can say it to me."

I sighed. "Fine. I just came by to see if we could settle our differences a--"

"Nope," he cut me off. "You're really delusional if you think I'm gonna be cool with you again. You came to my house and robbed me and you even took the shoes off of my feet. You tried to talk your Dad into firing me and then after I beat your ass on the camping trip, you had the nerve to go around school saying you beat my ass when you was in the hospital for two days. Get the fuck outta here William. You're really hoing yourself nigga."

"Don't forget when you came by my house and tried to rob me but I had to punch you in the face and knock your ass out," Jaz added.

I scrunched up my face. "Look, I wasn't talking to you girl so please stay out of this."

"You're talking to my boyfriend so this is my business too. He's not gonna forgive you so just keep it moving nigga. I don't know how you got over to this side of the city or how you found out we'd be here but you really don't need to be here. You need to go back home to your Daddy before he gets worried about his fuck up for a son."

I looked over at Aubrey, wondering when he'd check her loose mouth since she's been talking reckless since I got here. "So you ain't gonna say nothing to her?"

Aubrey shook his head. "Nah. She said everything I was gonna tell you nigga. You can go now."

I shook my head. "Whatever. Don't expect me to ever be this nice again. Where's Theodore at?"

"Obviously not here," Aubrey replied. "Good bye William."

"Whatever. Fuck you nigga."

"Fuck you too dog ass bastard."

I turned and walked out of Lindsey's apartment. I knew coming over here was a mistake. All I wanted to do was please my father but I see I can't do that. I came over here being nice, trying to apologize to these fools but niggas always want to take advantage of the good nigga. They'll see I'm not the one to be fucked with though. They're all gonna regret getting on my bad side, especially Aubrey and his bitch.

~~~

Comment. Vote. Add to your Reading List. Share.

300+ Comments.

How was this chapter? How do you guys feel about Theodore? Is he a good father just trying to protect his kids or does he have just as many problems as Victoria? How do you guys feel about Theodore talking to Effrin? Should Effrin have heard him out before jumping to conclusions? Was Theodore wrong for talking to Effrin the way he did? How do you guys feel about Lindsey having to take her medicine again? How long will she take it? Will her family ever tell her that Daniel is her son or about all of that stuff about Luther? How do you guys feel about Theodore? Do you think he feels bad about everything that's going on with him and Victoria? Should Victoria be nicer to him? How do you guys feel about Willie trying to apologize? Should Aubrey have heard him out?

Willie's in the MM.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21 0 22
"Let's get one thing straight, you know nothing about me or my brother, so you and this stupid gossipy town can go and suck it, for all I care!" ***...
2M 42.3K 21
Based on a blog post from Lashuntrice Bradley, being a sideline is like your favorite food. It's good while we're eating it, although, once it's gone...
946K 31K 52
Follow the trials and tribulations of the new generation of troubled teens. Catch The Sideline Series in this adventure through the mean streets of C...