Christmas Special (Series)

By malyaa

What if Toni Braxton was a former college professor that decided to pursue a career in the music business, st... More

Interview
Second Day-Interviews
Singing Out Loud
Vacation
Realization
Meeting Everyone
Touring
The Good News
A Change of Heart
The Babies...
Only the Beginning
The Results

Signing the Contract

782 50 31
By malyaa

Toni woke up to the sound of someone yelling her name and banging on her door.

Toni: I'm coming! Stop banging on my door.

Outside of the house was the sisters and Monica. Toni opened the door and they stepped in.

Towanda: We got on the earliest plane here when we called you last night.

Traci: Monica picked us up from the airport. Mommy couldn't make it.

Toni (rubbing her eyes): Come in, make yourselves at home.

Tamar: You look a mess girl. You need to get it together.

Monica: Tone, you have to leave your house someday. You can't stay in here forever.

Toni: It's not like I have somewhere to be anywhere, I don't work at the studio anymore.

Trina: When was the last time you left the house?

Toni: A couple of days ago, I ran out of tissues.

Traci: We need to do something about that.

Tamar: Get out of these funky clothes and go take a bath.

Towanda: Yeah, we're taking you somewhere to feel better. Hurry up.

Toni: Fine, I'll be back.

Since leaving the studio, Toni hasn't left her house in almost a week. Tomorrow, she would be meeting with David Foster to either accept or decline his record contract. Toni should be celebrating, but all she has been doing is crying, eating, and sleeping in.

Monica: I'm sorry guys, but my lunch break is almost over. I have to head back to the studio.

Towanda: Thanks for picking us up Mo.

Monica: I'm glad I could, call me if she or anyone of you guys need something.

Tamar: Thanks, I'll text you.

The sisters climbed the stairs to Toni's bedroom and went straight to her closet.

Trina: Pick out something comfortable, but cute. Tamar, pick out her shoes.

Toni finished taking a shower and found the sisters in her closet.

Toni: I am not dressing up.

Tamar: But you don't even know where we're taking you.

Toni: We can stay in and watch a movie instead.

Traci: It is darker than a caveman room with no lights on during the night in here. Now come and put this dress that we picked out for you on.

Trina: I have your purse and car keys ready.

Tamar: And here are some shoes. Put them on and let's go.

The sisters decided to take Toni to a spa and dinner afterwards.

Blossoming Petals Spa...

Rachel: Welcome to Blossoming Petals Spa. My name is Rachel, what would you guys like to have done today?

Tamar: What is your special massage pumpkin?

Rachel: The Honeysuckle Sweet. It's basically where we massage your entire body with hot stones and honeysuckle sweet oil, moisturizing the skin. Creating a calm and relaxed body.

Towanda: That sounds good. We'll take that and a mani and pedi all around.

Rachel: Great. I will show you to the changing room where you can store your clothes while here.

Toni: We could've done our nails at home.

Tamar: Lies!

The sisters followed Rachel to the changing room and changed into large white soft robes. They walked to a large room that had jazz music playing in the background.

Rachel: Your masseuses will be here shortly ladies.

Trina: Thank you.

Tamar: We bought you here Tone because we were worried about you.

Towanda: Yeah, everytime we called you, you sounded sad. What wrong?

Toni: There's nothing wrong, I'm completely fine.

Traci: The last time you acted like this was when you were divorcing David. Why did you quit your job as being Face's assistant so soon?

Toni: I needed time to mentally prepare myself for signing my record deal.

Tamar: When was the last time you saw Kenny?

Trina: Did you guys end on a good note?

Toni: How about we stop talking about him and let me enjoy this massage.

The masseuses came and began to work.

Traci: We're here if you want to talk.

Toni (smiling): I know and I thank you guys for flying thousands of miles to check up on me, but I'm fine.

Toni placed her head on the pillow as the sisters looked at each other still worried.

Tamar: If you say so Tone.

They continued to get their massages while cracking jokes to make Toni feel better. She was laughing and truly smiling.

Traci: This man keeps trying to feel on my butt.

Trina: That's a part of the massage Tray Ray.

Traci: Not the way he's doing it.

Tamar: Let the man do his job.

Traci: Excuse Sir, can you just stick to the middle of my back.

Masseuse (French accent): Yes ma'am.

Toni and Tamar looked up at the masseuse as he continued to trail his hands down Traci's butt.

Tamar: Girl he tryin' to break a piece off of chocolate for himself. Let me ask the man a question. Excuse me Sir?

Masseuse (smiling): Yes.

Tamar: You sound French, where exactly are you from?

Masseuse: I am originally from Paris.

Trina: I like the way he rolled the r, yasss.

Tamar: What's your name if you don't mind me asking?

Masseuse: Renée.

Tamar: Well look at that Traci Renée. You guys share the same name.

Traci: That's the only thing we are going to share.

Tamar: So Renée, do you like chocolate?

Masseuse: I love chocolate. I eat it as much as I can.

Traci got up and pulled her robe on.

Tamar (laughing): Girl he is trying to taste some chocolate.

Toni (chuckling): He's kind of cute too.

Traci: I am happily married, no thank you.

Towanda: The way he was feeling up all on you, I don't think he would mind. (Laughing) Snow bunny likes to play with something sweet Tray Ray.

Traci: I ain't the one.

The sisters laughed as the masseuse tried to walk closer to Traci as she stood next to Toni laying on the table.

Toni (laughing): Just tell the man that you're done. We're almost done with our massages.

Traci: Thank you Renée, I think I'm done.

Masseuse: But you still have five minutes left.

The sisters laughed as Traci made a face to Renée.

Traci: If you don't leave me alone.

Masseuse: Enjoy the rest of the spa ladies. It was nice meeting you.

He kissed Traci's hand and left.

Tamar: If he was my type, I would've taken his number.

Traci: But the way he's built is nowhere near your type.

Tamar: Have several seats. Just because I like em a little thickums doesn't mean anything, okay.

Toni: I think we're done with the massages, thank you.

The other masseuses left and the sisters put their robes on.

Traci: I'm ready to go and get this damn pedicure and get out of here.

While leaving the room, Tamar noticed a piece of paper on the table Traci was laying on. She took the paper and opened it.

Tamar (laughing): Girl he left you his number!

Traci: Throw that thing away.

Tamar: Nah, Imma save this for Trina.

Trina: You tried it.

The sisters went to get their manicure and pedicure. Toni was finally cheering up.

Toni: Thanks for getting me out of the house. This helped me feel better.

Towanda: We're glad you're enjoying this Tone.

Toni: Which color for my toes, French or red?

Tamar: Definitely French.

Traci: French.

Toni: I had French on already.

Trina: Just change the color of the tips.

Hours later...

They all left the spa happy and relaxed. They agreed to go and have dinner at Mr. Chows. They were back at Toni's freshening up for dinner.

Toni: What do you guys think of this dress?

Tamar: I'm here for it, it's cute and sexy.

Towanda: It looks good.

Traci: Let's go before we lose our reservation.

They headed to Mr. Chows and go there in no time. The place was packed.

Trina: There must be a party going on.

Towanda: The guy up front said it's a party for some record label.

Waiter: Your table is this way.

The sisters followed the waiter to their table, immediately ordering a few drinks and appetizers.

Toni: They have the best leech champagne here.

Tamar: I haven't really had a simple margarita in a while. I can't wait to drink one or two or three.

Towanda (laughing): Thank God you're not going to be the designated driver.

Traci: I still wanna know how I ended up being the designated driver for tonight.

Toni (chuckling): Because we voted on you.

Tamar: The last time we drank together, Trina left Toni dancing on a table and Towanda could barely walk.

Traci: Then you be the designated driver.

Tamar: Nope.

Traci (laughing): Next time, we'll hire a car.

Towanda: But for now, you're the driver. We love you Traci.

Traci: Whatever.

While they continued to eat and drink, the party going on in the next room of the restaurant was getting louder.

Tamar: Don't they know there's other people in this restaurant trying to have a good time!

Toni: Where's the waiter?

Trina: He's coming thing way.

Waiter: Do you ladies need anything?

Toni: Yes, is there any way that you can have the party next door quiet down a little. We can barely hear ourselves talking.

Waiter: I can see what I can do.

Tamar: I really wanna go over them and tell everybody to whisper.

Traci: You sound just like mommy.

The waiter came back quickly.

Waiter: I'm sorry, but we have important, high clientele celebrating next door. I apologize for the noise.

Toni: Just unbelievable.

Towanda: I'll pay the tab so we can leave.

Toni: Okay, I'm going to see what type of party is going on.

Tamar: And y'all call me nosey.

Toni got up from the table and headed to the large curtains that was separating the restaurant. She recognized a few people eating and talking.

Toni: This must be L.A.'s dinner party. Toni turned back to head to her table when she saw Babyface looking down at a menu. Toni's smile dropped as she felt her heart drop to the bottom of her stomach. She turned and ran towards the nearest exit. The sisters saw her running and chased after her.

Towanda: Toni!

Babyface looked up and saw Traci. He looked around to see if he would see Toni. He didn't.

Outside...

Toni (crying): Oh God! Oh God!

Tamar: What's wrong?

Traci: I just saw Kenny in there.

Then it hit the sisters.

Trina: You never told him that you love him back since that night.

Toni shook her head as she tried to calm down.

Towanda: Breathe in and out.

Tamar wiped Toni's eyes and helped her into the car. Traci drove them home while Towanda and Trina comforted Toni on the way home.

An hour later...

They helped Toni change and into bed as she fell asleep.

Tamar: I really think we should go with her tomorrow when she goes to sign her contract. Just to support her.

Towanda: I agree with Monster.

Trina: And if she's up to celebrate or do whatever, we'll be there with her.

Traci: I hate seeing Toni like this. She should be happy.

Traci: Well that's love for you.

Tamar: I'm tired, I'm going to call it a night. Love y'all.

The sisters hugged and headed to sleep.

The next morning...

The sisters woke up and prepared breakfast. Toni came down the stairs.

Toni: Morning.

Traci: Morning Tone. How did you sleep?

Toni: Although I have a slight headache, I feel better this morning.

Tamar: Are you excited to be signing your contracts?

Toni: Yeah. Can you guys come with me? Just for support.

Traci: We were going to come even if you asked.

Toni (chuckling): Thanks.

Towanda: Come and eat something before you go and get ready.

Trina: We even did your favorite tea.

Tamar: Which is nasty!

Toni: Tea is good for you Monster. Everything looks yummy, thanks.

Toni ate with the sisters and went back upstairs to get ready.

Towanda: I wonder what type of deal Toni is going to get.

Tamar: Whatever deal she gets, Toni THE Braxton will sing and perform her but off!

Traci: I'm just so happy for her. She finally gets to live her dreams. Imagine seeing Toni's name on a large and bright marquee.

Trina (smiling): I can see it clearly.

Toni (coming downstairs): I think I'm ready to go.

Tamar: Come through Toni Michele. I'm loving the small touches of Chanel, she appreciates your beatness.

Toni (laughing): Thank you, let's go before I'm late.

At David Foster's Office...

Ling: Welcome back Toni.

Toni: Morning Ling.

Ling: I'll let Mr. Foster know that you have arrived.

Toni: Thank you.

Trina: This is a nicely decorated space.

Ling got up and went to David's office.

Tamar: Look at the pictures. David and Aretha! Whitney!

Ling (walking back to the front desk): Mr. Foster is ready for you Toni.

Toni (sighing): Okay, I'm ready.

Toni and the sisters walked in to David Foster's boardroom. Several other people were already in there waiting.

David (smiling): Toni. Glad you could make it. I see you bought your sisters with you.

Toni: Yes, for support.

David: Let me introduce you to a few people. This is Kim and Lewis from marketing, Thomas from advertising, Celine from graphics and design, Chris from public relations, and Michael Bublé.

Toni: Nice to meet you all. These are my sisters Traci, Towanda, Trina, and Tamar.

David: Are you ready to talk about what your contract includes before signing it?

Toni: Yes.

They began to talk about the contracts while Toni listened and asked questions here and there.

The signing...

David: And that concludes what's in the contract Toni.

Toni: Once I sign these papers, how long until I can get in the booth and start recording?

David: We can start as soon as tomorrow. I already have a few other writers I want you to meet with to discuss the direction of your album.

Toni: That sounds good.

David: Let's start signing.

The lawyer present slide the papers towards Toni and began to tell her where to sign. Toni looked at her sisters and smiled. David handed her a pen. She looked down at the papers. Hands shaking, Toni took a sigh and grabbed the pen.

The sisters noticed that Toni was hesitate to sign anything.

Tamar (whispering): Are you okay Tone?

Toni (looking at Tamar): I'm good.

Toni put the pen down and looked at everyone in the room.

Toni: I'm sorry but I can't. I have somewhere to go.

Toni got up and left the building.

Tamar: What the hell just happened?

Towanda: Let's go Tamar. It was nice meeting you all.

The sisters left the boardroom and quickly walked to the parking lot. They found Toni waiting by the car.

Toni: I need the keys Wanda.

The sisters (smiling): Go Tone. We'll catch a cab back to your house.

Toni (taking the keys): Thanks. Love you guys

Tamar: Love you too. Be careful!

Toni waived to the sisters as she drove away.

At Babyface's house...

Babyface: Gloria, have you seen the white shirt I've been looking for? I was supposed to drop it off at the cleaners.

Gloria: Yes, I sent it to the cleaners with your other shirts.

Babyface: I don't know what I would do without you.

Gloria (chuckling): I don't know what you would do without me either.

Today was Babyface's day off since his Christmas vacation. He planned to do absolutely nothing but run a few errands.

Gloria: I'm going to leave early for my appointment. I will see you tomorrow.

Babyface: See you tomorrow Gloria.

Babyface had the house all to himself. He headed to his office, until he heard a knock.

Babyface: Gloria probably forgot something.

Babyface continued to walk towards his office, but the person continued to knock. Babyface turned around walked to the door.

Babyface: Gloria rarely forgets her keys.

Babyface reached for the door knob and opened the door.

Babyface: Glo—

Toni: How do you tell someone you've fallen in love with them?

Babyface: I don't know, you just tell them.

Toni (tearing up): You see I've fallen in love with this man I met almost a year ago. Since I first laid eyes on him, I knew I loved him. When you look into his eye, you see eternity and peace. When he walks into a room, all I can hear is my hearting beating fast when he comes my way. He wears his heart and soul on his sleeve. What if he shuts his door on me when I tell him this?

Babyface (walking up to Toni): You still tell him. Yell it if you have to so that he can hear it loud and clear.

Toni: I love you Kenneth Brian Edmonds.I love you so much.

Babyface (smiling): I love you too Toni Michele Braxton, with all my heart and soul.

Babyface picked Toni up and kissed her as he spun them around.

Babyface: But wait? Aren't you supposed to be meeting with David today?

Toni: I realized I couldn't sign with him. Put me down.

Babyface, curious, put Toni down and backed up. Toni fixed her shirt and put her hand out to Babyface.

Toi: Hi Mr. Babyface, I've heard so much about your work and you are very gifted. Is there any way that we can discuss a possible record deal with your label?I would love to be one of your artists.

Babyface laughed.

Babyface: Give me a second.

Babyface walked around Toni and closed the house door. Toni turned around and faced him.

Babyface(shaking Toni's hand): I thought you would never ask. I'd love to have you on my label.

Toni (smiling):Then let's celebrate.

Babyface (grinning): I know just the way to celebrate.

Toni (looking down, biting her lip): And that is?

Toni looked up and saw Babyface looking at her predatory. He looked her up and down as she began to back up. As soon as Toni's back hit the wall, Babyface lifted her up connecting their lips into a slow and sexy tango. They continued to kiss at Babyface carried Toni to his bedroom.

Toni (moaning): Ken...

What happens now that they're together? Stay tuned. :)

Comment, vote, and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 2.6K 60
This book is about Toni Braxton finding love and figuring out how her life is going to turn out. Meanwhile, her bestfriend Kenny Babyface Edmonds is...
I Wish By ♛

Fanfiction

23.3K 1.4K 39
The Edmonds' daily life. copyright © 2016
28.6K 1.4K 56
As Toni goes through the struggles of life. Love, Marriage, And Divorce. She isn't happy. She always wanted to be happy until this special person pop...
3.1K 108 13
Toni and Kenny has been divorced for about five years now. What happens when their five children wants them back together? But the only thing stoppin...