The Alphas Secret Wolf

princess_anabel

Evangeline has never had a perfect life. At the age of five she lost her mother. Since then her father has be... Еще

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Authors Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Authors note
Authors not

Chapter 31

35.2K 1.1K 155
princess_anabel

                        (Eva's POV)

                 I could see the sun start to shine through the window. I still sat with my back against the wall, and the note in my hand.

                    My brain couldn't wrap itself around what had happened last night. I'm questioning whether it actually happened or not but the note in my hand kind of confirms it did.

                        It's not until I heard people talking that I realized I need to clean up the broken glass and hide the note.

                      I looked around my room and I couldn't find any place to put it. No one really comes in my room anyways besides Nate. And he wouldn't dare to be nosey. My eyes finally land on my pillow. That's my best option right now.

                    I get up from the floor, careful I don't step on any of the glass. And I shove the note inside the pillow case. No one would look in my pillows anyways so I think I'm safe.

                    I run to the bathroom and grab a little trash bag from under my sink. I start picking up the pieces slowly so that I don't cut myself.

                    I can't believe this is happening. The only person I can talk to about this is Rosie. But she hasn't made a sound all night.

                     "Rosie?"

                     "Yes Eva?"

                      "Are you.... Did you see anything else last night?"

                     It takes her awhile to respond so I'm scared she did and she isn't telling me.

                       "No. I've been going through the whole thing over and over again but I can't figure out who that guy was. Or why he wants us."

                      "I'm scared Rosie. What do we do? Should we tell Nate and dad or just not say anything?"

                      "Eva you need to take a deep breath."

              So I close my eyes and start taking deep breaths. I really do need to calm down.

                 "We aren't going to tell them.... Yet. They have enough to worry about with the rogues and hunters, and the attacks on the local packs. We'll tell them when the time comes."

                     "Ok. But for now on we need to be alert at all times. If he wants me he can come get me. But we aren't going down without a fight."

                      "You got it."

                   I feel her return back to her little corner and start to pace again. I guess we're both on edge right now.

                     I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear Alex coming towards the door.

                   Knock knock knock....

               "Uhhh who is it?"

              "The Cookie Monster. Who do you think Eve?"

                 He tries to open the door but I scream before he could.

                     "Don't come in!!!"

                      I start to panic because the glass is still on the floor and if he sees it he'll start asking questions. So I start grabbing handfuls not caring that I'm basically cutting myself in the process.

                    "Woah why not Eve?"

                      I didn't know what to say I wasn't focusing on our conversation so I said the first thing that came to mind.

                      "I'm naked!"

                     I froze after realizing I just screamed that to Alex. It was quiet on both ends until he squealed.

                      "Uhhhhhh Eve! That's gross! So gross! I didn't need to know that!"

                   If I wasn't busy cutting my hands trying to pick up the rest of the glass, I'd laugh at his reaction.

                      "What's going on?" I heard Danny's voice and I guess he reached for the knob but Alex stopped him.

                        "Don't! You do not want to go in there dude." Alex said sounding grossed out. What a weenie.

                        "Oh yea? And why not?" Danny sounded mad. What crawled up his butt this morning.

                    "Eve is naked!" Alex screamed making a gagging noise,

                    But that all ends when Danny hits him.

                       "Oi! That hurt dude! What was that for!?"

                       "I did not need to know my little sister is naked Alex."

                         "Yea well, I didn't need to know either but hey, things happen."

                        "Shutup dude. Eva hurry up and get dressed it's time for breakfast!"

                         "Sweet!" I heard Alex screamed before he ran off down the stairs.

                     "Yea. Ok. I'll be there in 5 minutes!"

                     "Are you ok Eva?"

                    "Danny I'm fine just go!"

                    "Sheesh ok. It must be that time of the month" he whispered it but I growled to let him know I heard his stupid remark.

                       "See you downstairs sis!"

               And with that he ran down the stairs after Alex. I took out the vacuum and started to vacuum the rest of the little pieces.

                        My hands were bloody because of the glass but my left hand was healing already. So it was just my right hand that needed healing. I washed off the blood, and wrapped my right hand.

                      I changed out of my night gown and into some black jeans and a white t-shirt with Johnny Depp's face on it from when he was in the movie "Cry Baby". It's always been my favorite movie.

                        I threw on some white converse, brushed my teeth, left my curly hair alone, and added some mascara. I was ready to go but my right hand wasn't healed yet. Maybe I'll wait it out. When it's done healing I'll go downstairs.

                     "Evangeline, come down for breakfast. We are waiting on you."

                   Dammit. I guess not.

                  "Coming dad."

               I walked down the stairs and into the dinning room to see everyone from last night at the table. And that included Braxton, James and Jeremy.

                   "Good morning Eva." I turned to see James who offered me a smile.

                   "Good morning James. And Good morning to you too Beta Jeremy. Alpha Braxton."

                     "Good morning Evangeline." Although Jeremy sounded bored when he said it at least he said something. Braxton just nodded at me.

                    "What happened to your hand Evangeline? Why is it bandaged like that?" I forgot to hide my hand and I didn't have an answer for my father so I just shrugged my shoulders.

                     "I cut my hand this morning while I was getting ready. It's almost done healing so no worries."

             I smiled at my father but he wasn't buying it. He got up form his seat and grabbed my hand. He began to unwrap it and when he finished you could tell he was getting angry.

                   "And you said you cut yourself this morning? On what?"

                  "Uhhhh shaving?" It sounded more like a question than an answer.

                   "Yet your hair isn't wet." He said looking at my hair. Busted.

                     "Rosie help!"

                     "Let me take control."

             So I did. I can tell my eyes changed every time Rosie took over. They would go from their grey to a turquoise.

                     "Look, Rosie took over." Rosie turned towards Alex and she nodded her head at him.

                      "If you don't mind, I took control because it is my fault that Eva got hurt. We went hunting last night through the woods and we ended up staying there all night. When we realized we slept outside we ran back before anyone could notice. But I wasn't watching where I was going and I cut myself rolling down a hill."

                          I was looking around to see if everyone was buying the story and they were. Except for Braxton. His eyes were narrowed towards Rosie but she didn't notice because she was looking at my father.

                         "You are lying Rosie." She snapped her head towards Braxton but she wasn't scared of him. She was actually mad at him. So her feelings towards him weren't going to be submissive.

                      "Oh? And I suppose you were there last night while we ran through the woods?"

                     "I was not. But if it was no problem then why would you take control. If what you say is true then Why couldn't Evangeline say what actually happened?"

                     "I speak the truth. You have no right to question whether what I say is right or wrong. You may think I'm lying but I am not."

                     With that she turned away from Braxton and towards my father. Braxton started growling but James shook his head at Braxton who closed his eyes and tried to calm down.

                         "Alpha Braxton is correct. Why didn't Evangeline say what happened? Evangeline, I know you can hear me take control, now." 

         I sighed know I was going to have to act it all out now.

                    "Rosie...... Fall back."

                    "I tried Eva."

                       "I know. Thanks anyways."

                        I felt myself take over again and I was looking into my fathers eyes. I looked away and at my plate. Time to play the roll.

                       "Evangeline.... Look at me."

                       I shook my head but my father said it again but sturdier.

                       "Now Evangeline."

                    I turned my body towards his and looked into his eyes.

                       "What really happened?"

                "That's what happened. I swear it. I was just scared...." I whispered.

                       "Scared? Why is that?"

                 My father crossed his arms and I think he knew what I was doing so I had to try harder.

                        "You always tell me to take one of the boys with me when I go running. After everything with Alpha Braxton..... I just felt useless. I wanted to see if I could handle things on my own. Which I could. I can dad. I can do things by myself! I just wanted to prove to myself that I don't need to depend on any guy...." My voice broke towards the end and my father came face to face with me.

                    "I tell you to take your brothers not because I think you aren't capable of handling yourself. But you can't win every battle. It is safer that way. As for your hand. I'm still skeptical but I will leave it alone. Please, be careful next time."

                      I nodded my head at him and looked around the table to see that everyone believe the story.  Nate, Braxton and my father were the only skeptics here.

                       Nailed it.

                       "Good morning everyone! Alpha's ! It's good to see you both. Especially you Alpha Braxton."

                        And there goes my peaceful morning. I didn't bother looking up to know it was Jessica.

                         "Good Morning Jessica." I bit my lip so that no growl could be heard. He says Good morning to her but not me? Great.

                        I close my eyes and just eat. She starts talking to one of the girls but I can tell they're not interested in talking to her.

                      "Oh Eva! I didn't see you there." 

                     I could hear the smirk in her voice so I just smile up at her.

                     "Hello Jessica."

                       I drop my smile and go back to my food.

                     "Awww what happened to your hand?" She's really going to pretend she cares? Bitch.

                     "I hurt myself last night. But I'm fine."

                      She gasped and I can see the girls rolling their eyes at her fake attempt to care.

                     "You aren't..... You aren't cutting yourself are you? Self harm is a very serious thing!"

                        I sighed and put my fork down. I can tell Braxton is looking at me since I meet his eyes for a second before I look towards Jessica.

                        "No Jessica I'm not. I hurt myself hunting last night not that it's any of your business."

                          "Evangeline..." I turned towards my father who looks at me disapprovingly.

                          "I was only worried for a future lu.... Ohhh excuse me. Pack member. I guess you can't be Luna unless your alpha mate accepts you. Silly me."

                       I bite down on my tongue and I could taste my blood.

                        "Jessica since you're so worried. Eva had perimeter runs this morning for 6 hours. You can take over for her. Since your concern for her well being is that important to you." Nate says crossing his arms.

                        "But Alpha...."

                         "You are dismissed Jessica." He waves her away and she bows her head and leaves. But not before touching Braxton shoulder and whispering something to him.

                           He doesn't brush her off, or acknowledges that she even did that to him. Which I don't know how to feel about. He basically ignored her but he didn't bother pushing her away either. But then I remembered something....

                      "I didn't have perimeter run this morning..." I say looking at Nate all confused.

                      "I know." He said eating his food and smiling at me.

                        I nod my head back at him and look at Braxton who's still eating his food. I feel eyes on me and I turn my eyes towards James who's looking at me sympathetically.

                       "Good morning Alpha's, Beta's and third." I turn towards Mickey and I knew he came to save me.

                      "And hello to everyone else."  Everyone smiles and says good morning to him. Mickey walks over to me and I can feel Braxton eyes on us. Good.

                  "Ahhh there you are beautiful. Just the person I was looking for. Some of the mated couples are going swimming down by the lake. You want to be my date?"

                       "Well aren't I flattered! Haha id love to Mickey. May I be excused?"

                      My father looks between Braxton , Mickey and I but nods his head.

                    "I suppose. Be careful Evangeline. Especially because of that hand of yours."

                    Mickey looks down at my hand and grabs it.

                  "Woah Eva. Are you ok? Cmon I have better bandages in my room. I'll patch you up."  He takes my hand and starts to lead me out the kitchen door.

                    I hear something crack and I turn to see is the corner of the table where Braxton hand is at has been cracked. I guess Alphas are jealous.

                       Pay backs a Bitch.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

112K 3.7K 46
(Third book in the my mate series. Other books do not need to be read to read this book, but characters from other books will be mentioned in this bo...
The Sacred Wolf Pact Nananana989

Про оборотней

1.2K 87 13
Werewolves exist, but none of that sparkly vampire bullshit. In this world, we are divided into two categories, human, and wolf. Wolves are divided i...
The Lost One B

Про оборотней

1.8M 81.2K 47
At 19, life has given Aislinn Nox many things, most of them she never wanted. Like dead parents at the age of six. Scars. A slaughtered pack. Night...
31.2K 732 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...