Complicated People, Complicat...

By Ibebaebruh

Lucas and Maya are what you would call, complete opposites. One from Texas, one from New York. One friendly... More

My Nature
What happened
The girls
How?
Stuck
My Life
Something Wrong?
I Think It's True
Cold
New House
Spots
Crumbs
;)
What up girl?
Window Talks
Belt
The Other One?
Dance
Thank You Instagram
Darn Dances
It's Okay Now
Almost perfect
He Can't Know
It's What!?
On The Curb
Safety Blanket
Red Hoodie
Ground Rules
Blessing
He's Dead Meat
Safe
By My Side
Seperate
I Has Stealth
Glass
The Beeping
Girl Talk
Valentines Day
Sick
Back At It
Roasted
Scars
Almost 17
Party: Pt 1
This Turned Dark
Headlights
Please
Small
Thanksgiving
The Fish
Questionable
Worst Thing
Right
Desk
Oxygen
Betrayed
Misery
Hi?
Head vs. Heart
So Close
Guest
The Invite
Struggle
Red
Dagger
Older Now
Swings
Flashes
Bad Party
Almost
Back
Spill
No Boys Allowed
Floors
Empty New York
Clean

'Bout Time

2K 90 18
By Ibebaebruh

Maya

      I wake up to a bright room. This time around I know exactly where I am. I've been in here more than enough times to recognize it by scent alone. Just knowing that I'm at Lucas's makes me feel safer than I have all week. Something about it being day time again and not night calms me. I lay here in bed for a second, just looking out the window, relishing in this rare feeling. That is of course when I realize that there's something on my arm. I look down, and Lucas's arm is around my stomach and our hands are intertwined.

       I take a gasping inhale quietly. Maybe it wasn't just the room making me feel so okay. I have my security blanket wrapped around me. And I do mean wrapped. One of his legs is just slightly in between mine while his other arm is under my head, making the most perfect pillow that's the most amazing mixture of hard and soft. The secure feeling that just being held by him gives me is so good, i can my throat close up as tears try to break free. I've never had this before. Can this really work though? Him and I? His life is quite literally perfect, great parents, big house, a bunch of friends (and he's hot). Would me getting involved with him just ruin all that? I'd be a dark spot in the brightness that is his life. Just in case this isn't what he wants after all, I slowly unlace my fingers from his and pull my hand away. He said he likes me, but maybe he hasn't thought it all the way through. I don't fit here. In one swift motion, I pull myself away from him and roll onto the floor. My hands try to keep my landing from being too loud.

       I hear him move and I poke my head up from the floor. He's stretching, and I can't seem to tear my eyes away from his big, muscly, tan arms. I want to lay down on them again. No, I want him to wrap them around me. No, I want to bite them. He opens his eyes and I reluctantly tear my eyes from his yummy arms and look at him.

      "Morning," I say casually. I yawn trying to sell that I had just woken up and totally wasn't staring at him. Or on the floor.

      "Morning," he laughs and props himself up on his elbow. "What are you doing on the floor?"

      "Nothing, must have fallen out of bed," I say casually, standing up. It occurs to me that I was on the other side of him when I feel asleep. We must have switched places in our sleep...somehow. Or he moved me? Huh. He stands up too, letting out a groan that takes my mind to some seriously inappropriate places. I try to distract myself from his adorably messy morning hair. It's hard. I'm sure mine looks like a birds nest.

      "So I was thinking we could go outside today," he says getting up trying to find his socks.

      "Sure, sounds fun. What would we do?" I look around for my clothes. I don't particularly want to leave, but it's his house and what he says goes. I don't want to make his life even harder by arguing.

     "I don't know, we could go out to lunch, go to the park, movies, museum," I laugh at that one. "Yeah, I thought you might not go for that," he says laughing. I like art, but museums bore me to tears. He tosses me my shirt and I toss him his last sock that was hanging out on his chair. He smiles and puts it on.

       "Any of the other things that aren't museums would be nice though," I say collecting my jeans from the floor. "But for now I'm just gonna shower."

      "Okay, I'll go make breakfast," he gets up and follows me out the door.

      "Thanks," I yell as I close the bathroom door.

       After my shower I put on my semi-clean clothes and brush my teeth. I brush my hair as well as I can. It's good that I don't wear a lot of makeup or else I would totally be freaking out over how I look right now without it. I do wish I looked a little better though. My eyelashes aren't super dark thanks to my blonde hair and my face is all red from the shower. Also probably thanks to my blonde hair genes. I go down the stairs after putting Lucas's clothes in our room. His room! I shake my head. I need to go home soon before I get too used to this.

      "Maya! Hurry up so we can go to the park!" I hear him yell as I'm walking down the stairs. I roll my eyes and go get my delicious smelling bacon.

       "Calm down, Friar," I say shoving a piece in my mouth. He gives me a mocking face and then grabs his own plate of bacon and French toast. We eat while watching some more basketball. I naturally root for the team that's playing against Lucas's team. Lucas washes the dishes as I make as I sing funky town just to see if it'll get a ride out of him. And I'm not quiet. What can I say, I'm bored.

       As Lucas finishes his last dish, I am singing twinkle twinkle little star at the top of my lungs and trying to entertain myself by spinning in circles. I hear the water turn off and then I feel arms wrap around my legs and the next thing I know, I'm lifted from a the ground.

      "Rick! Put me down!" I yell as he drapes me over his shoulder. I squirm and try to lift my torso up but fail due to laziness.

       "Not a chance Short Stack," he says running around clearly just trying to get me to go crazy. Probably payback for the last five minutes.

        "I mean it Friar, put me down!" I hate to admit it, but I'm laughing too much to be taken seriously. I close my eyes because they hurt seeing the room spin. I know that Lucas won't drop me, and not just because of his muscular arms, but because I just know he would never let that happen.

      "Not so fun getting annoyed huh?" He asks mockingly. I don't know, this is pretty fun to me.

        Lucas runs somewhere and I feel him lean forward and before I know it, I'm laying on the couch and Lucas is on top of me. His hands are on the couch on both sides of my head. My laughing teeters to a stop and Lucas's smile is fading, and yet he's not getting up. And honestly, I don't want him to get up.

      We sit here just looking at each other for what seems like hours. My hand somehow found it's way to the front of his shirt and grabbed one. His upper body strength is keeping most of his weight from crushing me, but he's still on me. He's just so beautiful. His bone structure, who am I kidding, his whole face is just so fascinating that I could stare at him like this forever.

     "We should go," I say quietly, still looking straight into his beautiful hazel green eyes. I don't let go of his shirt.

      "Yeah," he agrees, making no move to get up. My eyes move down to his lips. I remember our kisses, the feel of those lips on mine. Like nothing I've ever experienced before. Before I can think of what I'm about to do, my other hand moves up and touches his lips. God, they're soft, just as I remember them. My thumb strokes his bottom lip, playing with it.

      I look at his eyes again while he never took his off of me. He seems to have gotten even closer to my face if that's even possible. Maybe I pulled him in, who knows.

      "It would be wrong to kiss you, right?" He whispers. He's right. There are so many outside forces working against us. So many things that we need to sort out or talk about.

      "Probably," I answer. I want him to though, badly. My fingers still haven't left his lips. I look at his eyes again. He moves his hand to my hair, just like he was doing yesterday. I really love that.

       "I don't care," he finally says. He dips his head down in a swift motion and I feel his mouth on mine. My hand that was feeling up those amazing lips slips into his hair, gripping, trying to bring him even closer. He has a hand behind my back and one in my hair, seeming to be trying to do the same. He's crushing me a little now and I don't mind in the slightest. I need him holding me tightly, reminding me how much he wants me and that I'm safe with him.

       Somehow he maneuvers us without breaking our contact, and now I am on top of him. I open my mouth to him, silently begging for more. Our noses brush as we move together and I relish the extra touch. I'm fully on top of him, one arm banding around my back and the other on my face, his thumb stroking my cheek. I can't help myself but kiss him faster, moving my lips to fit against his and then breaking just to do it again. He manages to slow me down, holding my face still and slowly stroking into my mouth. My closed eyes roll back into my head. I bring my legs down on either side of his hips and force myself to pull away. Not all of me, just my mouth. I'm not ready to leave his chest or his hands yet.

       When I open my eyes his hair is even messier than it was this morning. I laugh and try to comb it out, putting all my weight on my forearm propping me up next to his head.

      "You should see yours," he says laughing. He sits up and I get off of him, reluctantly.

      "Park?" I ask, even though all I want to do is stay here and continue what we were doing. I know however, that if we did stay, it could lead to something that I don't know if I'm ready for. Not with all the unknowns hanging around. He leaves his hand on the side of my face, his thumb stroking again. I smile down at him, leaning into it.

      "Anything for you." He gets up and proceeds to help me to my feet. "Let's go Crazy Hair."

       "You wish you looked this good cowboy," I say, even though I know he looks way better. No one can beat Lucas in the looks department.

      "If I looked as good as you, then you wouldn't be able to resist me enough to leave this house," he says, opening the door for me. I've never been complimented as much in my life than I am when I'm with him. And as much as it makes me uncomfortable, it also makes me like him more and more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 569 20
They say opposites attract. Boy were they correct. Maya and Lucas have always been opposites. Maya likes to tease Lucas about... Everything. Everybod...
87K 2.8K 20
When Maya and Lucas hang out at the park one day, Maya feels as if there may be something between them. But if there is, will she destroy more and mo...
13.6K 510 16
This is another lucaya fanfic. Lucas and Maya are 17. They do what normal 17 year olds do, party and drink and party. When one feels alone or just wa...
128K 4.3K 18
Maya and Riley are best friends. Have been since kindergarten. A new boy starts going to their school: Lucas Friar. Riley has a major crush on him. W...