The Wounded Deer

Від evafan24

Kaede has been in love with Shikamaru for three years. When her feelings go unrequited, she tries to keep her... Більше

The Wounded Deer - Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Ten

2.4K 75 12
Від evafan24

"So, you having any fun?" Shikamaru asked, watching Kaede make her way over to the punch table.

Kaede poured herself some punch before finishing it in record time, slamming the cup down with a loud sigh. "I should be asking you that…" she mumbled.

"I asked you first," Shikamaru countered.

"I asked you second."

Shikamaru sighed in annoyance. "You're not gonna turn this conversation into another one of your pointless arguments are you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, sure I'm having a good time. Minus the fact that my throat is killing me from all that Karaoke Ino talked me into doing." Kaede rubbed her throat.

Shikamaru merely shrugged his shoulders, pouring himself a glass before taking a sip. "Well, you know what they say; it's your party, you can cry if you want to."

Kaede couldn't help but smile a little hearing him say that. 'You took the words right out of my mouth, guess great minds think alike after all…' she thought with a small chuckle to herself, albeit loud enough for Shikamaru to hear.

"What's so funny?" Shikamaru frowned.

Kaede shook her head, waving her hand dismissively. "It's nothing…" she reassured him.

"Anyway, I… wanted to talk to you about something."

"Y-You did?" Kaede stared at him in surprise at his sudden change of tone. "Talk about what Shikamaru?"

Shikamaru stayed silent for a moment, both of his hands shoved in his pockets. His hand clutched onto the small gift he was planning to give to Kaede.

'Guess it's now or never…' Shikamaru took a deep breath before sighing under his breath.

"Yeah I—"

"Okay everyone, listen up!" Ino's voice interrupted.

'What perfect timing…' he thought snorting under his breath.

"Sakura and I decided to make this party more interesting and… play Seven Minutes in Heaven! Are there any objections?"

Most of them either didn't care, or was just flat out tired of all the karaoke so they all eventually agreed.

"Hey, don't go making up people's minds for them Ino…" Shikamaru suddenly spoke up with a frown.

"Fine, we'll let the birthday girl decide then! How about it Kaede-chan?" Ino asked, staring at her with a grin.

Kaede looked over at Shikamaru who was giving her a look that implied 'Please don't…'

'Sorry, I'll only end up facing both Ino and Sakura's wrath if I don't agree with them.' She smiled sympathetically at him, before nodding her head.

"Sure, why not?"

"It's unanimous, we're all playing then!" Ino shouted victoriously.

Shikamaru looked over at Kaede with a frown and she just smiled sheepishly, mouthing a soft 'sorry' to him, but he ignored it..

"Alright then, Kaede—"

"I'll go first!" Naruto volunteered with a wide grin, reaching into the bowl full of names Sakura held out.

Sakura frowned, smacking his hand away causing him to yelp in pain. "Wait your turn Naruto, Kaede goes first."

"You could've just said so in the first place Sakura-chan…" Naruto whined, rubbing his throbbing red hand.

"Sakura, it's fine; he asked first and I don't really care." Kaede reassured the pinkette.

Sakura stared at Naruto, rolling her eyes before handing him the bowl. "Fine…"

"Yosh, here I go!" Naruto grinned digging his hand into the bowl for about half a minute before pulling out a small folded piece of paper.

'The chances of Naruto getting Sakura in the closet are pretty slim. Seeing that look on his face, there's no reason to try and talk him out of it. Who am I to crush his hopes and dreams?' Kaede thought.

"Hehehe, I've got a feeling it's gonna be—"Naruto's jaw drops to the floor when he reads what the paper says.

"Who'd you get Naruto?" Kiba demanded loudly.

"There's no way… NO WAY IN HELL AM I GOING IN THERE WITH THAT…THAT GUY!" Naruto shouts, jabbing a finger towards Sai.

"Sai-kun!" Ino cried out in horror.

Kaede did her best to hold in her laughter, but was failing miserably; the look on both Ino and Naruto's face was priceless. Sai only looked indifferent about the situation, not really caring one way or another.

"Holy crap… you got Sai? This is beyond hilarious, you guys just made my day! You know I'm definitely gonna use my camera for this." Kaede said, while in the midst of her laughing fit.

"Shut-up, you're not making things any better Kaede! It's not funny!" Naruto flailed, clenching his fists angrily.

"B-But, how did this happen? I made sure I was supposed to—"Sakura was quick to cut Ino off.

"You can't always get your way Ino." Sakura spoke in a calm, yet firm tone. Ino quickly shot her a glare, stomping towards her.

"Y-You, it's all your doing isn't it! I should've known this was all you're doing you billboard brow!"

"That's what happens when you try to rig the game." Kaede sighed as Sakura glared right back at Ino.

"What was that you pig?" Sakura flared dangerously.

"You heard me!"

"Naruto picked Sai from the bowl, so he's gonna stay in there with Sai… for seven minutes." Kaede interrupted, pointing towards the closet before she grabbed her camera off the coffee table with a grin.

"Very well then…" Sai closed his book.

All eyes were on Sai as he walked over to Naruto, causing him to back away from him. "Back off!"

Sai grabbed onto the collar of Naruto's shirt, dragging him towards the walk-in closet. Kaede took a quick snapshot of the boys before Sai gave everyone his signature fake smile, shutting the door behind him. Everyone was silent, staring at the closet door, hoping to hear at least something going on in there.

"Wait, what the hell are you doing? NO… don't do that! S-STAY AWAY FROM ME!" About half a minute later, Naruto screamed followed by the sound of a punch being thrown.

The whole room was completely silent for the next minute until they heard the door suddenly burst open, revealing a panting Naruto who looked extremely pissed and Sai nursing a sore cheek with that fake smile of his.

"Naruto, it hasn't even been seven minutes in the closet yet." Kaede reminded him, snickering under her breath.

"I can't stand one more second of this guy! I'd rather be stuck with anyone else except him!" he points at Sai who slowly makes his way out the closet.

"I was only doing playing the game like Ino taught me…" Sai said.

'Something tells me I don't want to know what she told him.' Kaede sweat-dropped, stealing a glance at Ino.

"Alright then, we'll let someone else have a turn."

For the next half hour, they continued playing the game. So far, Hinata ended up going in the closet with Naruto who ended up passing out before Naruto could even get in the closet, Sakura with Ino who were at eachother's throats the whole time, Lee with Tenten who gave her a friendly grin, Neji with Ino much to his disdain, and Kiba with Choji who merely shared small talk.

'Looks like I won't have to play…' Kaede smiled to herself, quickly standing up from her seat to make her way to the kitchen for a quick get-away.

"Hold it Kaede! You don't think I'm gonna let you leave without playing do you?" Ino said with an evil glint in her eye.

Kaede froze, quickly shaking her head in response. "C-Course not, I was just…getting something to drink." She quickly lied with a sheepish laugh.

"Good, because you and Shikamaru are the only ones left who have yet to play. So you know what that means right?" Ino smiled coyly.

"No, not really." Kaede quickly turned her head away from Ino, although knowing Ino, she knew exactly what she had in mind.

"You both are going into that closet! And as Shikamaru's punishment, I'm gonna add an extra seven minutes for you both!"

"What?" Shikamaru and Kaede said in unison, Kaede being completely flustered whilst Shikamaru was just flat out annoyed about the whole thing.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

128K 3.6K 16
Kruno Inuzuka was kidnapped when she was six years old from her home in the hidden leaf village. Now, six years later, she has returned to find her b...
176K 5.4K 31
This is my first story Shikamaru x naruto This takes place after the war, when Naruto is studying to become the next Hokage. Shikamaru is assigned t...
86.7K 1.9K 65
Four years after the Fourth Great Ninja War, Sakura longs for Sasuke's return, little does she know that Naruto has a plan in place to make that happ...