Change Of Heartfilia (NaLu Fa...

By Celestial-Red

"Don't worry Luce, I'll find you later. I promise..." . . . After having a traumatic experience as a child, L... More

Prologue
Deal
First day
Reuniting?
Remember
Just Smile
The Sugar Fairy!
Helping out
Strawberry cake!
Just say it!
Caring for someone
Getting To Know One Another
Just like Family
Promise?
SUGARRRRRR
A/N
Lets...Decorate!
Trust?
Movie Night
Yes, I do.
Unexpected Arrival
Be strong
WHY
Improvised
Hey Luce..
Death Waits For No One
Starting Over
Back To The Beginning
I'm Back!
Surprise?
Working Together
Fail
Forgive and Forget, Right?
Long Day Ahead
Memories
Please be Carful
Wait (Final Chapter)
(Epilogue And Thank you!)

What are big sisters for

712 28 31
By Celestial-Red

Lucy's POV

I woke up this morning thinking about what Mavis told me yesterday.

Me? Fall for Natsu? Pfffft, yeah right. I have a boyfriend and I know he might not seem like it now but before all of this happened, we would always go out.

He would buy me flowers, hold my hand, and most of all treated me like a princess. Well what else do you expect from a 11 month relationship?

Moving that thought aside, I got up and made my way to my kitchen and got out the food Natsu prepared for me last time.

Look's like this is the last of it, I'll have to go shopping after breakfast.

I finished eating and started getting ready to go. All I wore were some grey sweatpants and a plain black T-shirt, black Converse finished with my hair up in a messy bun. Before I opened the door, I checked if I had everything I needed.

Money, keys, phone. Yup that's it.

I unlocked and opened my door only to find myself face to face with someone ready to knock on my door.

"N-Natsu?? What are you doing here?" I asked surprised by his visit.

"Oh, morning Luce! Wendy and I were going to the store to get some things for tonight. Since we were passing by your apartment, we wanted to know if you'd come with us?"

"Ohayō Lucy-nee!" Said Wendy popping her head out from behind Natsu.

"Oh, yeah. I guess its fine. I was going to the store anyway." I step outside to lock my door.

"Alright! Then let's go!" Cheered little Wendy while taking my hand and Natsu's.

~

So here I am with Natsu and Wendy at Walmart, thinking that we would just walk down the isle's,

look for the movie snacks and my daily groceries,

get in line,

pay,

and leave....

Well that's what I thought.

"Wiiiiiii! Go faster Natsu-nii!" Called Wendy from inside of the shopping cart.

"Aye sir!" Replied Natsu pushing the cart as fast as he could bumping into a few people that yelled "What the hell do those two think they're doing!?" I sighed and decided to get a cart for myself and start looking for my groceries.

~

There are only a few things left on my list and as I'm going down the Cereal isle, I could hear a familiar little voice singing at full volume

"I BELIEVE I CAN FLY~!" And for a split second I saw Wendy zooming by, standing in the cart with her arms spread out like rose on the titanic. And of course Natsu was 'driving' but his feet were on the bottom rail of the cart.

*sigh* Just keep walking Lucy, they'll stop playing around...eventually.

"Sir you have to stop!" A man shouted.

"You'll never catch me!" I heard Natsu called back. His voice was closer and I realized to late that he had turned on the same isle I was in.

Well shit.

Everything happened in slow motion. Natsu noticed me and tried to stop but he crashed with the front of my cart making Wendy fly over and land on top of me with a loud thump.

"..cy....ucy...Lucy!"

"W-What happened?" I asked getting up with help from Wendy. But then I remembered...I was pissed at his immaturity.

"What the hell....icopter Natsu!" I said trying to fix my bad language knowing the child present was present.

"Do you know this young man?" Said what seemed to be a store officer.

"Yes, sadly." I muttered the last part.

"I'm sorry but you're going to have to leave the store, you are not allowed to come back. I'm going to need your names and a parent phone number."

Great, the only store near my apartment and I'm band, and now my dad has to hear about this. Damn it.

"Name please?" He asked again to write down on a clip board. Natsu was about to answer but I raised my hand indicating that I would talk first.

"Lucy." I said. He nodded.

"Last name?"

"Heartfilia." He was about to write down but then stopped. Then he looked at me with an eyebrow raised and I nodded a 'yes'.

"Well~....y-you know what? I'm in a good mood today so I'll let you off the hook this time, but if I see you two playing around like that again, we're going to have some problems." He clicked his pen and put it in his shirt pocket.

"Of course sir, thank you." I said formally while bowing. Wendy bowed as well but Natsu didn't follow so I had to grab his hair and bend him down.

I waited untill the officer was gone and took the chance to smack Natsu upside the head.

"Ow!"

"You earned that!" Natsu pouted like a child.

"Just wanted to have a little fun..." He said in a low voice. "And what was that all about Luce?" Natsu asked with his head tilted and an eyebrow raised.

"What was what all about?"

"The whole, 'Im a Heartfilia' thing."

"The Heartfilia name is something to be afraid of."

"Why?" It was Wendy's turn to ask. I looked into her big brown eyes and answered honestly.

"I...don't know." After that we finally started to get the groceries. I was kinda quiet the rest of the time, only talking when I needed to.

Why is the Heartfilia name feared? Whenever I asked mom, she would change the subject and I never dared to ask dad...

"Lucy, can you and Wendy start standing in line while I get some hot sauce." Said Natsu taking me out of my train of thought.

"Huh? Oh yeah, go ahead."

"Thanks!" He turned and started walking to the condiments isle. We made our way to the shortest line and waited.

Wendy started fidgeting around by my side. I was about to ask her if she was okay but she beat me to it.

"L-Lucy-nee. Can I ask you something?" She didn't make any eye contact with me whatsoever.

"Sure."

"W-Well you see, I have this friend who's name is Romeo...We've been friends since I could remember." She began. I could see where this was going but I let her continue. "And I've never seen him as anything more then--a friend--..."

"So what's wrong?"

"The thing is. I went to his house yesterday--like any other day--but this time he acted kinda different." We walked forward a bit since the line moved up.

"Different how?.." I urged on.

"When I asked him if he was okay he...he..he confessed!" She blurted out. "Then he asked me if I wanted to be his g-g-girlfriend."

"And what did you tell him?" There was a small moment of silence...

"I-I told him to give me some time to think about it." She looked at me with her big eyes practically pleading me to tell her what she should do.

"Do you like him?" She blushed a thousand shades of red at my question and for some reason Natsu's childish grin popped in my mind.

"I-I don't know." She said while tapping her two index fingers together.

"Here, let me help you out. Do you like having him near you?"

"Yes."

...

"Do you think you could trust him?"

"Yeah..."

Yes.

"When you guys are close, do you feel your heart beating faster or do you get butterfly's in your stomach?"

"K-Kinda"

Yeah...

"So let me try asking again. Do you like him?"

"Y-Yes!" She said while hiding her red face in her hands.

What am I thinking? These questions are for her, not me...

"Have you talk to your mom about this?" I asked.

"Not yet. I felt to embarrassed to ask her. And you seem like a big sister to me, so I wanted your opinion first." I felt so happy that she would come to me for advice first.

"Awww!" I cried practically hugging the poor girl to death. Once I let her go I could hear her gasp for the air I took from her. "Well now that you know how you feel, you should tell your mom and ask her what you can do from there on." I patted her head with a smile.

"Thank you Lucy-nee." She gave me a quick hug and then smiled at me.

And as if on cue, Natsu comes carrying a lot of hot sauce.

"You left some for the store right?" I joked.

"And I didn't even bring more because I couldn't carry any more!" He said with his signature childish grin.

"To me it looks like you've fallen for him."

Thump Thump

That's impossible.

I have someone else I truly love. I don't like him. Not that way.

"Mam, your next in line." Said the cashier lady snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, right. Sorry." I unloaded the groceries from the cart to the moving platform. After Natsu paid for everything--he insisted on paying--, we picked up our bags and made our way back to my apartment.

Once we arrived, I took my groceries and headed for the door.

"Thanks you guys. I'll see you later tonight." I turned and took out my key, and as I unlock the door I hear Natsu call me. I turn to look at him but he was avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah?" I asked. Even Wendy looked as confused as I was.

"Well I was thinking that maybe you can just come by our house now and have lunch. I don't think you prepared anything yet considering you just bought food now. What do you say?"

"Yeah! Mommy would love to see Natsu's girlfriend!" Wendy added with enthusiasm.

"We're not together." We both said plainly in unison. We looked at each other with a noticeable blush on our faces. Wendy pouted but insisted on me going over to their house.

"It'll be fun! Come on Lucy-nee~" I looked at her and she was giving me those big puppy dog eye's...

"Oh, alright. But let me put my groceries away and get a change of cloths." I turned to open the door and let them in. "Just wait here, I'll finish up as fast as I can." I head to my room and quickly put on a top with a heart on it bordered in gold and blue skinny jeans.

Looking at myself on more time in the mirror, I walk out and head to the kitchen but before entering I caught a glimpse of Natsu and Wendy playing around. Snapping myself back to reality, I started putting away the groceries.

~

Annnnnnd....Done!

"Hey guys I-" I was cut off when I saw them playing around near my now wobbling desk.

"B-Be careful!" I shouted.

"What?" Natsu turned to look at me but it was too late, the box was falling. I practically leaped forward to catch it just in time before it hit the ground.

Thank god for carpet floors.

"You guys should be more careful!" I yelled at them. They both froze from my sudden out burst.

"S-Sorry Lucy-nee." Wendy had a guilty expression on her face and it made me feel bad for lashing out at them. I sighed

"Don't worry, it was wrong for me to yell at you guys like that. It's just that....this is extremely special to me." I said while contemplating on the red box.

"And why's that?" Asked Natsu leaning a bit closer to see what I was holding.

"This was my mother's. It's the last thing I have of her." I caressed the box thinking back to the old days, but they quickly disappeared once I felt myself getting a headache.

"Whats in it?" Asked Wendy also getting curious.

"Just letter's I write to her, it's a habit of mine. I tell her about my day, people I met and how things are going ya know?" I smiled and placed it back on the desk.

"Did you talk about me??" He asked getting closer.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out someday." I placed the box back in it's place. "Well, I'm done putting the things away and I'm ready so let's go!"

"Alright! I'm all fired up!"

♪Scarlett-Red♪

*Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 298 20
What did I do to deserve this. I wish I didn't love him. Then I wouldn't be hurt as bad. But why did he have to go and say he loved her. Yeah they we...
1K 32 22
"Natsu, you make me happy. And I don't know how I could've gotten through this week without you. Even with me not being able to speak you didn't plea...
2.6K 75 39
Natsu and Lucy have been friends since the middle of kindergarten when Lucy moved into the town of Magnolia with her mother. They had always been in...
110K 4.5K 46
Lucy Heartfilia, a 16 year old girl, has just enrolled into a new school. Fairy Tail Academy. She's new to the school and everyone welcomes her. Exce...