Choose Me

By CalmAsEver

Darwin tries to help Gumball win over Penny, but starts to develop feelings of his own. rated double R (I don... More

Love Letter
Doodlebob
Dirty Mind
Just a Joke..
Urges
Truth
Him or Her?
EXTRA - (rated36+)

Painful Love

2.1K 55 66
By CalmAsEver

[2 wks. Later. @ Midnite]

Late that night, Darwin couldn't sleep. Every time he closed his eyes even a little, a lewd image of his friend would pop into his brain. He rubbed his eyes and watched his best friend sleeping soundly. He tried not to move too much because he didn't want the swishing of the water to wake Gumball.

These passed two weeks have been terrible. My urges are getting stronger. Last Friday, in the gym locker room, I found myself SNIFFING Gumball's sweater after he took it off. What is wrong with me?!

Darwin ignored his thoughts and gazed down at the sleeping feline.

Gumball slept so terrible. One of his arms were thrown over his head, the other was hanging off of the bed, along with one of his legs. The cover was hanging off of him onto the floor. Darwin quietly climbed out of his tank and spread the blanket over Gumball's entire body.

"Idiot. You'll catch a cold." Darwin stopped and stared at Gumball's sleeping face, not able to look away. Darwin dried his hand off and laid it on Gumball's face, caressing his cheek. Gumball's ears flicked making Darwin jerk his hand away.

Gumball sneezed and his ears lied flat. So cute! Darwin thought. He just couldn't help himself anymore. He leaned down and gently placed his lips on Gumball's nose. No movement. "Maybe one more.." Darwin whispered and pecked Gumball's cheek.

No movement. "Just one little-" He kissed Gumball's other cheek. "Ok seriously. This is the last.." He gave one last kiss and soon found himself kissing all over the sleeping cat's face. Gumball giggled in his sleep and his cheeks turned red, making Darwin blush too.

Darwin was as happy as can be until Gumball whispered Penny's name. Darwin frowned and went back to his tank. He felt heartbroken. Dreaming about 'her.' Figures.. he thought angrily and got back into his tank.

~~~~~~~~~~~Morning~~~~~~~~~~

Gumball woke up extra early in an over happy mood. He did his hygiene, made his own breakfast, and dug through his closet for formal clothes. All of the noise he was making made Darwin annoyed. He pressed his hands on the tank glass and yelled at the top of his lungs.

"GUMBALL!!" Gumball's ears flicked and he quickly put his hands over them.

"DUDE! That hurts!" Gumball wined.

"What hurts is that it's the freaking weekend and I'm trying to sleep late and you're just... JUST-!"

"Alright. I'm sorry. I.. I just can't find any dress clothes!"

"Dress clothes for what?"

"Me!"

"For what?!"

"I over heard Penny saying that she always wanted to go out to eat somewhere fancy, SOIASKEDHERIFSHEWOULDGOWITHMEANDSHESAIDYES!!"

"...What?"

"I GOT A DATE, BISH!!"

(Bish=Boy Fish. Not a cute word for bitch.)

"..A date?"

"Yeah! With PEN~NYYY!" Gumball said, rummaging through his clothes. "But.. we already had plans for today." Darwin frowned. "Ha?" Gumball said, not paying attention.

"We were supposed to play cops-an-robbers. Then we were gonna finish our game of Prank Wars."

"..."

"Gumball!"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, right. Look, it'll be fine. We can just re-schedule for tomorrow, alright?"

"But tomorrow, it'll be rainy and we were gonna have our 'movies-too-scary-to-watch-but-we-watch-them-anyway-cause-we're-awesome' movie day." Gumball sighed and turned to his friend.

"Darwin, I'm sorry, but as my best friend, please understand. I really, really like Penny. You know that. And this could be my only chance to finally win her over. I need this. Just please understand." Darwin put his head down, letting his long curly bangs float in his face.

He swam to the bottom of his tank and brought his knees to his chest. He laid his forehead on his knees and nodded. "I understand.. Go." Darwin whispered. Bubbles floated to the top. Gumball felt terrible that he had to cancel his plans with his best friend.

"Darwin?" Gumball said softly. "Can you atleast just look at me?" Darwin hesitated, but he lifted his head and looked into Gumball's eyes. His face was so sad.. and his eyes were filled with hurt and pain. They were slightly squinted. Gumball couldn't tell if Darwin was crying or not because he was in water.

"You'll miss your date if you don't hurry."

"...Are... Are you sure you're ok with-"

"Just go already." Darwin faked a smile and turned away. Gumball waited a moment, then he got a marker and drew on Darwin's tank. He gave his friend one last smile before grabbing his sweater and leaving for his date. Darwin rubbed his eyes.

He didn't know why he was so upset. He should've been happy for Gumball. Gumball was finally going to steal his love's heart. Instead, all he felt was anger and jealousy. He didn't know why he felt so cold hearted towards Penny now. She's never done him anything.

She's pretty and smart and bright and she has a warm heart.. She's always smiling and giggling at Gumball.. and talking to him.. and ruffling his hair.. and touching his fluffy.. ears.. "Man..!" Darwin rubbed his face awkwardly and turned to climb out of his tank.

I really need to get my mind off of this.. I'm hungry anyway- Darwin's eyes widened. Gumball had drawn the exact picture that Darwin had drawn. The picture of them holding hands. He wanted to cry all over again, but he sucked it up and climbed out of the tank, drying himself off.

He pressed his hand on the drawn picture and bit his lip. "I love... I-I love.. you.. Gumba-"

"Darwin? Is that you?" Anais asked, opening the door.

"Uh! What's up Anais?"

"Bored. Mom left to make more groceries cause dad binged last night. And Dad can't come out of their room till Mom gets back soo.."

"Oh."

"Hey, what happened with Gumball? He was all over the place and he was dressed up."

"Date."

"Wow. Really?"

"..Yeah.."

"Wanna go rent a movie? Mom left money on the fridge."

"Sure." Darwin said and got dressed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darwin and Anais were on their way from the movie store when they spotted Gumball and Penny. Darwin froze. Their faces were close. Too close. They were.. they were KissIng!" Darwin felt tears start to well in his eyes. He screamed and ran home. Anais yelled for him.

Gumball pulled away from Penny and watched his friend running down the street. "Um, Gumball?" Penny asked. Gumball was at a loss for words. The kiss was amazing but.. why did he feel so.. horrible? He ran after Anais and Penny followed.

When they arrived at the house, Anais was sitting on the couch. "Where is he?!" Gumball panted. "In his room, but he won't come ou-" Gumball dashed upstairs and used all his strength to barge through the locked door. Darwin looked up at Gumball with tears streaming down his red face.

Gumball ran to him and wrapped his arms around his friend. "Darwin, why are you so upset? What's wrong?" Gumball asked trying to calm Darwin. Darwin buried his face in Gumball's shoulder and nuzzled him. "Please don't cry Buddy. When you cry *sniff* it makes me cry." Gumball said wiping his tears.

Penny came upstairs and sat on the floor next to them. "Everything'll be ok Darwin. Cheer up!" Penny said sweetly. Darwin growled into Gumball's shoulder and held onto Gumball tighter. Gumball stared at Darwin a moment and looked at Penny. "Could you.. give me a minute?"

Penny nodded and went back downstairs. Gumball lifted Darwin's chin and looked into his watery eyes. "Please, Darwin. Is there anything I can do? Anythi-" Without hesitation, Darwin leaned in and pushed his lips on Gumball's..

(FINALLY, FUCK! anyway, this story isnt gonna be all that long cause i have another one im working on. so enjoy. I'll probably do another Darwall fanfic. aandd I know that I kinda breezed through this chapt. faaasstt, but.. =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.9K 1.1K 80
I am going to be writing this in much better quality soon! Be ready πŸ’™
825K 38.2K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
188K 6.6K 19
Xiumin didn't know when it started but he's been having a sexual relationship with the school's number one jock, Luhan. At school Luhan's the number...
50.7K 319 3
Well, the title says it all.