Why Can't This Be Love (A7X/M...

By Miranda_Gates1502

Stephanie Baker is twin sister of Zacky Baker,and has had a crush on his best friend Matt Sanders for as long... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Eight

737 20 1
By Miranda_Gates1502

    It's been exactly one week today since Matt and I have been dating. Everyday is still like a dream come true. Emma keeps telling me that she told me so. Everyone says Matt seems much happier since we've been dating.

  I roll over in bed so that were face to face,and I smile as he's still fast asleep. He hasn't told me he loves me yet,which is pretty disappointing. Emma tells me all the time he's probably just waiting for the right moment.

  I get that we've only been dating for one week,but we've known each other for so long I figured he would've said it by now. But oh well,I'll wait however long I need to.

  I kiss the top of his nose,and he wiggles it like a little rabbit. He slowly opens his eyes,and smiles when he opens them fully.

   "Good morning sleeping beauty." I say and he chuckles,but I feel my heart stop when I remember something.

  I don't have any makeup on,before he fell asleep last night I took it all off. I still haven't let him see me without makeup,and I don't actually plan on it.

  I fling the sheets off my in panic,and rush as quickly as I can to the bathroom and lock the door behind me.  I pull out all my makeup,and start to do it.

  I hear a small knock on the door and then Matt's voice,"Stevie what's wrong are you okay?"

  "Yeah....yeah I'm okay I'll be out in a few minutes." I say and I hear him walk away.

  When I'm done I step back into my room,and see Matt sitting on the edge of the bed,and when he sees me he heads over towards me.

"You okay?" He asks and brushes my cheek with the back of his hand,and I nod in response.

"You did your makeup." He says and I nod.

  "Why?" He asks and I shrug.

  "I feel insecure and ugly without it and I don't want you to see me without it." I say and a look of sadness washes over him.

  "Stephanie your so goddamn beautiful,but I've wanted to see you without makeup since we were 15,you always put makeup on everyday once you turned 15,and you never took it off around me. I bet your 10 times more beautiful without it." He says and I shake my head and look away.

  "No I'm not Matt I look horrible." I say and hug myself,wiping a tear away from my eye.

  "Stephanie please take it off." He says and hugs me from behind but I push his arms away.

  "Not today Matt please drop it." I snap and he nods.

  "Okay,I'm sorry I don't want to argue or fight with you I'm sorry." He says and looks away from me and I sigh,wiping my hair out of my face.

  I grab some cloths for the day,and head into the bathroom to change. I haven't gone without my cloths in front of Matt,and I don't plan to. Yet.

When I get back out of the bathroom,Matt's dressed too and I stare blankly out the window.

"Stephanie,what's wrong are you okay?" He asks me as he walks up to me.

"Huh yeah I'm fine." I say which is a total lie,but I force myself to smile too.

"Promise me?" He asks. Dammit.

"Promise." I reply and kiss his cheek. I hate lying to him,but I just don't feel like having him worry over me and feel sad about me.

"So what do you want to do today?" I ask changing the subject,flopping down on the bed and stare up at the ceiling.

"We could go to the beach,or to Zackys where everyone else is, or we could go see a movie." He says.

"We could go see X-Men The Last Stand. Emma and I have gone and seen it 3 times already but I'll go see it again." I say and he chuckles and lays down beside me.

"Sounds good to me." He says as I turn to face him,I take my arm and trace his tattoos.

"I love your tattoos. Have I ever told you that?" I ask and he looks at me.

"No but you should say it more often." He says with a smirk,causing me to slightly smile.

"Well let's go see that movie then." I say getting off the bed,and we both head out.

When we get to the movie theatre, he pays for both of our tickets,and buys us a popcorn.

"Jesus Stevie how much fucking butter you gonna put." He laughs as I drizzle butter all over the top of my popcorn.

"As much as I want to." I say with sass and smile up at him,and he just shrugs.

As the movie starts,I cuddle up against him,moving the arm rest in between us. He feeds me pieces of popcorn every minute or so,and when I look up at him he's smiling.

When the movie ends,we walk out of the theater hand in hand and my heart speeds up.

"I can see why that was your fourth time seeing that." He says and I giggle.

"Should we head over to Zackys and see everyone?" I ask and he nods and replies with sure.

When we get inside his house,everyone asks how we've been doing,even though it's only been a few days since we've seen them.

"We've been good." He says and wraps his arm around my waist,causing my cheeks to warm up.

"Wow you can still make her blush." Brian says and I glare at him,walking over to him and taking his fedora right off his head.

"Don't make me cut your hair while I'm at it Haner." I say with a smirk as I walk away with his fedora.

"Give it back." He laughs and hands his beer to Michelle.

"Your gonna have to come get it." I say,running into the kitchen.

"Matt save me!" I yell and Brian corners me in the corner of the kitchen.

"Give it back!" He yells,he's not mad though which is a good thing.

Matt comes up behind him,and I throw the fedora to him.

"What the hell thats not fare." Brian whines and Matt smiles.

"Alright fine Matt give it to him." I say with a sigh and Matt hands it over to him. He goes back into the living room,and Matt looks back over at me.

"You know what I haven't done in a while?" He asks me,stepping closer and closer.

"What?" I ask at first confused,but then I knew exactly what he meant.

His hand fly to my waist,and he begins to tickle me,and I playfully smack him.

"Matt don't you dare!" I laugh.

"Babe stop!" I yell again between a laugh and he smirks.

"You know I like it when you call me babe,I'll set you free this time." He says and let's me go.

"So you like it when I call you babe?" I ask with a half smile and he nods.

"What name makes you crazy?" He asks and I think for a moment.

"I guess you'll just have to find out." I say walking back into the living room,and sit down on the couch next to Zacky.

Matt sits down on the other side of me,and I rest my head on his shoulder. Leanna raises her eyebrows up and down at me,and when Jimmy gets up to get a beer he makes kissy faces at me and Matt and so I just flip him off.

"Oh Stephanie remember when you beat the shit out of one of Matt's exs." Brian says out of the blue and I raise my eyebrow,but laugh when I remember what he's talking about.

"Bitch deserved it." I say and look to Matt,and when I kiss his cheek it turns a red shade. Finally I made him blush. I replay the day in my head of when that happened,I remember it perfectly,it had only been about 4 years ago.
*******************************
Flashback
I sit on Zackys couch with a beer in my hand as I stare at the wall blankly. Matt should be here soon,but of course he has to bring his stupid girlfriend. They've been together for a few months now and he always talks about how extremely in love with her he is. Talk about a slap in the face.

But he's happy,that's what matters,no matter how much it hurts me. Zacky keeps starring at Emma when she's not looking. I just don't get why he won't say anything. For christ's sake,it's obvious she likes him back.

Matt Bursts through the door,but he doesn't seem very happy,and his girlfriend isn't with him. He wipes his face with his hands. Is he...crying?

"Matt what's wrong?" I ask him and when he looks at me,he's defiantly been crying.

"It's Haley. She cheated on me." He says and I feel anger boil up inside me.

"I loved her so much Stevie,how could she do this to me? I caught her with another guy." He says as another tear goes down his cheek,and I feel my heart break. I look to the others but they just have look of pitty for him.

"Where was she last?" I ask getting pissed off.

"At her house." He says and I know exactly where she lives.

"I'll be back." I say grabbing my car keys and before they can even do anything to stop me I dash out to my car.

When I get to her door I knock on it as loudly as I can,and when she opens the door and sees me she gives a nasty look. She has long blonde hair,and she's super skinny too.

"Oh god what the hell do you want?" She asks and I grit my teeth.

"How dare you. He loved you." I spit and she smiles.

"Well too bad I didn't love him." She says back to me.

"Thats it." I say,and I grab her by her shirt as I drag her to her front yard and throw her into the grass,and begin to hit her.

"Get off me you psycho!" She screams and gets back up off the ground,and smacks me across the face.

"He fucking would've given you the world but you threw it away!" I yell and hit her square in the jaw,causing her to fall to the ground.

"Stevie! Stevie stop!" I hear Matt shout and before I can kick Haley in the gut,he pulls me back.

"Stephanie that's enough." He says calmly in my ear and I stare down at Haley whose holding her face and crying.

"Come on let's go." He says and begins to take me to his car.

"That's what you get for cheating on my best friend you filthy whore!" I shout at her before Matt takes me and sits me down in his car.

The whole car ride back to Zackys,he doesn't say anything to me. But when we get to Zackys house,I go to get out of the car but he blocks me with his arm.

"Thank you Stevie,I mean it." He says with sincerity and I nod.

"Your welcome Mattie,I'd do it for you any day. I'm sorry that that happened to you." I say sadly.

"It hurts,but I'll get over it. You know, what would I do without you?" He asks and I just shrug with a wide smile.
End of flashback
***********************************

"That was pretty awesome when you did that." Matt says and smiles.

"I'd do it again in a heart beat." I reply truthfully.

When we get back to Matt's house,I feel just the same as I did this morning. Pure shit basically. After I change into my pajamas,I walk out of the bathroom and Matt's waiting for me in his pajamas.

"Stephanie what's wrong,I could tell all day today that something was wrong." He says and takes my hand.

"Nothing's wrong Matt in fine." I lie and try to walk past him but he stops me.

"Stevie please what's wrong?" He asks and I sigh.

"Fine Matt,you want to know what's wrong? I hate the way I look Matt. I hate it. I hate my body,and I hate my face. I can't stand the sight of myself I never like looking in mirrors. For so long I've wanted to be with you Matt,but I've always felt that you deserve so much better than me. You deserve someone beautiful." I say as tears go down my face,and since it's dark I can't read his face,or tell his expression.

"Stephanie Elizabeth Baker, your so god damn beautiful,you really truly are. I don't care about how you look,I don't care about your weight. I could never do better than you Stephanie,I've always wanted you. I hated it when you'd be with someone besides me,but you always seemed so happy I couldn't ruin it. But I love you Stephanie. I love you so much and I love everything about you from your crazy hair in the morning when you first wake up,to your crazy laugh when I tickle you. I love you and I could never say it enough." He says to me,holding my face with his hands wiping away my tears and I feel pieces of my heart being picked back up.

My heart speeds up and I get butterflies. He loves me. He said it. He told me he loves me.

"I love you too Matt. Thank you Matt,for always making me better. I love you so much." I say with a couple more tears running down my cheeks.

He doesn't say another word,but just pulls me closer to him,and kisses my lips. He kisses me until we have to catch out breaths,but even then he kisses me again,running his hands through my hair.

  He hugs my waist,his strong arms hugging me tightly. He takes me over to the bed,and hovers over me as he kisses my neck.

  I grip onto his shirt,and his body covers me like a blanket. He slides his hands up my shirt,but only on my belly button.

  "I love you sweetheart." He whispers in my ear and I bite my lip.

  "You'll drive me crazy saying that to me." I whisper back and he smiles.

  "Did I ever tell you that your dimples kill me and that I love your lip piercing?" I ask and he shakes his head.

  "Well I'll just have to tell you again in a couple days." I say and he laughs and goes back to kissing me.

  He grips my hips and moves his lips to my ears.

  "I'll wait however long you need me to." He says quietly to me.

  "I'm not ready yet." I say back and he nods.

  "I'll wait until your ready I won't pressure you." He says back and I smile and before I can thank him he puts his lips back on mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186 2 27
A new student at Shelton High, Emma Stone meets an exact copy of herself, named Thea Devons. Meet Thea's family: Nick, Hunter, Gabriel and Landon. Em...
215K 5.2K 65
"You should be scared of me." "But I'm not." "But you should be." "But I'm not." "But you should be." "But I love you." 16 year old Lucy Quinn has...
6.1K 210 15
When a girl is adopted and grows up, she learns, a very well known face, looks a lot like her. She sets out to discover she was put up for adoption w...
355 23 17
Matt sanders younger sister by 1 year, Angel, ends up falling for his best friend,Brian all because of a guitar lesson. How will things work out when...