Why Can't This Be Love (A7X/M...

By Miranda_Gates1502

Stephanie Baker is twin sister of Zacky Baker,and has had a crush on his best friend Matt Sanders for as long... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Seven

707 23 1
By Miranda_Gates1502

I wake up with the sun shining through the window and in my face. And what's gonna happen today slaps my right in the face. I have to tell him. No,I need to tell him.

I fling the sheets off me and head to the shower. That stupid fucking lump is still there. Whatever I don't have time to worry about a stupid lump. When I get out of the shower,I put on my Mötley Crüe t shirt on,and my black ripped jeans.

When my hair is dry,I straighten it,and then do all of my makeup. When I jog downstairs Emma and Zacky are sitting at the kitchen table,Emma's head on Zackys shoulder.

I clear my throat,and they both look back at me.

"How do I look?" I ask with a small smile,but they just look at me.

"You could've done with a lot less makeup. Like maybe none at all." Zacky says and my small smile disappears.

"You know I've never gone without makeup with Matt Zachary." I say and he shrugs his shoulders,causing Emma to lift up her head.

"Maybe you should try it some day." He says and I roll my eyes.

"But not today. Now please help me what should I do,should I text him?" I ask and he nods.

"Text him and ask him if he'll meet you somewhere,if he says he will then you can think of where." He says and I nod and pull out my phone.

Me: hey Matt look I'm sorry about yesterday,can you meet me today so we can talk?

I set my phone down on the counter and as I wait for a reply I pour myself a glass of orange juice. I have butterflies in my stomach,making me feel weird and extremely nervous.

My phone vibrates on the counter,and I quickly head over to it.

Matt: yeah I guess,where?

Me: the park in 10?

Matt: okay we can meet by the tree we all used to hang out at

I smile knowing exactly what tree that is. I take 4 large deep breaths, and look at Zacky and Emma.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Emma asks me and I shake my head no.

"I need to do this myself." I reply and she nods,knowing it's true.

I pull them into a tight hug,kissing both of their cheeks. I grab my car keys off the table by the door,and slip on my shoes.

"I might or might not be back." I say and they nod. Then with that,I head out to my car.

The whole car ride there,I just think about everything that could happen,and the feeling in my stomach gets worse and worse.

When I arrive at the park,I get out of my car and begin to walk to the tree to meet Matt. Children run around in the grass laughing,poking each other with sticks and I remember the days when we would all come up here.

I see Matt by the tree,and my stomach does a back flip. I walk up to him,and look directly into his hazel eyes.

"Hey Stevie. I'm sorry about yesterday I didn't mean to lose my temper like that." He says and I just shrug.

"It's alright Mattie. But there is something I need to tell you. That's why I came here to meet you,I need to tell you now. I've held it in for too long." I say and he raises an eyebrow.

"What is it Stephanie?" He asks and I look at the sky,trying my hardest to build up all the courage that I can. Tears brim my eyes,but I fight them back and look to Matt.

"Matt,I.....I like you Matt. I always have. And not just as my best friend. As more Matt. I've always loved you." I say and a tear falls down my cheek. But it doesn't seem like a weight was lifted.

I was hoping for weight to be lifted off my shoulders,but when really I'm just filled with much more fear. I study his face,and it's expressionless. And I feel like I've been punched in the stomach.

"You know what,I'm sorry for bringing you here. I'm sorry for saying that. You know what if you don't want to talk to me anymore I get it." I say in defeat,letting my tears go,and before he can say or do anything I dash back to my car.

I put my keys in and drive back to my house. I run up to my house,and sit down on my couch with my knees to my chest,and I begin to cry harder. Why why why did I tell him? Why didn't he say anything?

He didn't even care that I left,he didn't go after me and he didn't say anything. I hear my phone buzz,and it's a message from Emma,but I take my phone and throw it to the other couch.

I sit there,and think about everything. How I just should've kept my mouth shut. I shouldn't have told him. I shouldn't have listened to them. I put my hands in my hair,and clench my jaw and shut my eyes close.

I hear a knock on my door,and anger fills me.

"GO AWAY!" I yell but they knock again. I get up off the couch,and stomp over to the door,and swing it open and my heart stops. It's Matt.

"What the hell do you want?" I ask and his face is full of sadness.

"I'm sorry Stephanie-" he begins to say but I hold up my hand to stop him from talking.

"Stop it Matthew. Save your words okay." I say weakly and begin to close the door,but he sticks his foot in it.

"Please just let me come in." He says almost pleadingly,even in his eyes.

"Fine." I say and open the door for him to come in. We stand in the middle of my living room,and I pray we won't yell  at each other like yesterday.

"Look Stephanie im sorry for not saying anything back there. I really am. But I just didn't know what to say. Because.....because Stephanie I like you too,I've loved you for a little while now,but you kept your feelings so hidden. When we were in the park that one day,you were the girl I was talking about. Your that beautiful and hilarious girl that I like." He says and steps closer to me. And my heart beat freaks out,speeding up and then beating abnormally.

"Your not lying to me?" I say and cross my arms,and he shakes his head.

"I got so mad at you yesterday,because I wanted you to tell me you liked me. I wanted you to say it to me,and when you didn't I got mad. But I'm worried Stephanie. I'm worried we can lose everything we already have." He says,cupping my face in his hands,and wipes away the fresh tears on my face.

"But I'm willing to take the risk if you are." He says as his eyes bore down into my emerald ones,and I nod,at first slowly,but then faster.

Then that's when he does it. He finally crashes his lips down onto mine. He cups my face with both of his hands,and I put my hands on top his.

He lifts me up,and I wrap my legs around his waist as he holds me with one arm,my back with the other.

He deepens it,and takes us over to the couch. He lays me down on my back,so that he's over top of me,and he begins to kiss my neck as I run my hands through his hair.

He kisses my jaw,and bites down on my lip softly,causing me to moan quietly. He moves back to my lips,kissing them more and more. His lips are soft,and taste like strawberries.

We pull away,catching our breaths and look into each other's eyes.

"I've been waiting a while to do that." He says with a smile,and I smile too. I no longer have the feel of worry,but more like happiness. And I feel the butterflies in my stomach slowly fly away.

He crashes his lips back down onto mine as I rub his back,and wrap my legs around him,until he stops.

"Let's take this slow." He whispers and I nod as we both sit up.

We sit there,and look at each other as he tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear,and I blush.

"I love it when I make you blush." He whispers in my ear and my cheeks heat up even more.

"Hey Matt? I ask and he raises his eyebrows.

"Does this mean I'm yours now?" I ask and brush my lips on his.

"Why yes it does." He says with a smile,and his dimples kill me yet again. I pull him into another kiss,until we break away for another breath.

"Should we tell the others?" I ask and he nods.

"They're probably all at Zackys house." He says and I nod as he helps me off the couch.

We head out to the car,and I drive along singing. I catch him a couple times smiling at me. He moves his hand,and places it on top of mine. My cheeks are probably as red as a tomato right now.

When we get to Zackys house he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers as we walk to the front door. I open it,and everyone's sitting in the living room. When we step in,they're all looking at us.

"Well?" Michelle asks and I look up at him.

"She's mine now." He says and looks down at me,and everyone jumps off the couch.

"Finally!" Most of them shout and I giggle.

We all stand around talking with beers in our hands,but mine and Matt's hands are still together,he hasn't let go of it yet. But not that I'm complaining.

Never did I think this day would happen. I guess maybe it was a good thing that I told him. I just pray to God that nothing will ever happen to us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 210 15
When a girl is adopted and grows up, she learns, a very well known face, looks a lot like her. She sets out to discover she was put up for adoption w...
6.6K 211 25
Cassie was just a normal quiet girl, working a normal quiet job with normal people. That was until someone she works with takes a certain interest in...
933 74 20
Jodie has a crush on Ethan Majors, a popular senior who's destined to be the next big football star. But he has no clue about her feelings. When thei...
280 63 11
Chloe De Luca is a 30-something traveling nurse who enjoyed the thrill of finding a new city to navigate and new patients to meet and treat. Her fian...