The Boss [LGBT]

By katieshakespeare

Meet Emerson Lane. A twenty-two-year-old college drop-out working on the 23rd floor of the most successful bu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue.
Available on Amazon
The Boss & The Assistant
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter #2
Children of the Boss [Sequel]

Chapter 7

100K 3.3K 1.5K
By katieshakespeare

I had a bad dream. There were demons and family members and death and it was just bad. I woke up from it slowly, my body stiff. I clutched my head, my heart beating fast. I stood up and wanted to look out a window but there weren't any in the room. I glanced at the clock and it was eight in the morning. I stood up and peeked into the office.

Mr. Jeff was at his desk, writing in one of his journals. Writing or drawing, either one. He looked stunning. The sun was shining so bright and casting this beautiful glow around him, making him look so angelic. He was looking down intently, the contours of his face gorgeous as he thought. Somehow, even though it was clear he had just woken up, he looked amazing. His hair was messy but actually looked good. He was wearing dark green dress pants and was barefoot, his large feet propped up onto his desk. He was also shirtless. 

The little part of me that cared about being macho and masculine and buff was jealous that I couldn't have such a strong body like him. He had some chest hair. It was subtle. Just a shadow over his perfect chest. He had some tattoos also. That's when I realized I had never really paid attention to his body. I saw his torso once when I had given him a massage, but I think I had been too nervous to pay attention. He had some tattoos on his forearms, some on his back, and some on his front. They were all in locations where they could be hidden by his shirt.

I opened the door more and shut it, making him look up. He looked bewildered at seeing me, glancing at me up and down as though he forgot I stayed the night. "Hey Em," he said, closing his journal and setting it back down. He clicked onto his computer and asked, "What're you doing up early?"

"I just had a shitty dream," I mumbled. "Seeing other people calms me down."

He nodded, typing something. "Hungry?"

"Kind of. Surprised you didn't wake me earlier. Work starts at nine."

"I figured I'd let you sleep in. The events for today won't be too difficult a task for you."

"What is it?"

He smirked. "Michael will tell you."

I shrugged and walked over to the couch, plopping down. I was still tired, but not ready to sleep. I closed my eyes, leaning my head back, sighing. I really wasn't in the mood to do a whole lot that day. I was still tired and still feeling blue. I opened my eyes barely, tiredly, and caught Mr. Jeff glancing in my direction. He didn't see me look at him because he wasn't looking at my face but my torso and lower half. I blushed and stood up, and without thinking about it I stretched my body. If he thought I was attractive, then he just might find that attractive. I said I was going to try and get some more sleep and so I went back into his...home? House? Flat? Yeah. I like flat best. 

I went into the bathroom and glanced at myself in the mirror. The silk pajamas were low on my hips and you could see some of my v-line. I'm normally too awkward to find myself sexy. Maybe if I don't talk then I can look sexier more. I tilted my head and looked at myself. The pants were low and I wasn't wearing anything else, so you could see some type of formation of my...manhood. Is that what he was looking at? I hope he doesn't find anything wrong with it...

I fell asleep for a little bit longer but then Mr. Jeff woke me up at about eleven. He gave me a pair of clothes and I bathed and changed into them. I walked into the office and he said he wasn't that busy so he was just going to go to one meeting while Michael and I did our work, whatever it was.

Once Mr. Jeff had left, Michael came in and said, "Come on. We're going shopping."

"Shopping?" I asked. "That's what he wants us to do today?"

"Yep."

"How am I supposed to know what to buy for him?"

Michael rolled his eyes. "For one thing, you're not buying his stuff. I'm picking up the stuff he already ordered. Secondly, we're buying for you."

"Why me? I already have a bunch of clothes."

Michael smirked. "He wants you to buy intimates."

"Intimates? Like...lingerie?"

Michael laughed. "No. Pajamas, underwear, stuff like that."

"Why?"

"He thinks you'll probably end up staying over more," he said. "He told me he likes having you over, like easy to come and get."

"He doesn't really come and get me though, he just lets me sleep," I said.

"It's probably just the idea of having you there, just in case. I told you he was lonely. Plus, he thinks you looked hot in his pajama pants."

We went to one of Mr. Jeff's stores, up to another floor, where the "intimates" were at. I didn't have to buy anything. Michael was paying for it all on Mr. Jeff's card. We first started off with loungewear and pajamas. I was hesitant at first but then gladly roamed through the racks. "I want a bunch of loungewear that says I'm waiting for my husband to return from war, you know," I said.

"No I don't know," Michael said.

"Like, I'm in a silk, gaudy robe, hanging over the banister crying over my husband."

He laughed, picturing it. "What the fuck Em. Get whatever you want. Get lingerie, maybe Lafayette will give you a raise."

"No way. As much as I want to suck his dick I cannot go overboard on this employee relationship."

"So you do want to suck his dick?"

I blushed. "Well...who doesn't?" He didn't say anything, he just smiled at me, knowingly, like when Spongebob asked Squidward if he liked Krabby Patties. "Fuck off," I said, carrying my clothes to the dressing room.

I bought some nice loungewear and pajamas, along with some extra underwear. I did actually need some new underwear, and Michael said if I stay late I can change into loungewear. Or if I want to take a nap.

The next couple of days went by like normal, but I didn't sleep in my apartment as much as before. Mr. Jeff would keep me late and sometimes not even to work but just to hang out, talk, eat, play video games. It was about a week and a half after I bought all my new loungewear when Mr. Jeff approached me. He kept glancing at me as I was fiddling around on the computer, trying to create some story idea, but was lacking imagination.

"Em?" Mr. Jeff asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I need to talk to you about something," he said, standing. He led me into his flat and we sat on the couch, him pouring a glass of wine.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, I've been thinking, and I think it would be a better asset if you...stayed here."

"Tonight? Yeah sure, I've been over almost every night."

"No, I mean, move in here."

I was flabbergasted. "Why?"

"Well, like you said, you've been here almost every night anyway. It's really convenient to have you here, and Michael said your studio apartment is...well, you can do much better than where you're living. And I could use a roommate. I like cooking but only for other people and I feel the need to do more things other than work. I hadn't played video games in years since you and I started. It's just...it's really helped me having you here, Emmy. I couldn't ask Michael and Emilio, or Donald and Vince, and I don't want to go home." He was so cute.

I know I had been over most nights, but still... "I mean, wouldn't it be awkward, you know, when you have people over? I know you keep them out there, but-"

"I know you get embarrassed talking about this type of thing, so let me tell you. These walls are soundproof, but I hardly have any dates over. Out of all the dates I go out with it's always to their place, usually. And if you lived here then I doubt I'd bring any back. I haven't been in a dating or one-night stand mood lately either."

"Oh...um..."

"It's perfectly fine to say no, Em."

"No, it's not that I just...what do you mean cook for me? You haven't cooked once since I've known you," I said, because I couldn't say no to him. He may have been the most successful person out there, but it meant a lot that he would show some vulnerability to me, even if he was being subtle about it.

"It'd be nice to live here. I've enjoyed staying here the nights I have. One question though?"

"Mhm?"

"Where would you sleep?"

He raised a brow, looking at me confused. "Where I've been sleeping all the time."

"Where's that?"

"In bed."

I furrowed my brow. "What"

"I mean it's a king size bed, you're just a heavy sleeper you haven't noticed. I go to bed after you, wake up before you. The couch is a pull out though so I can easily sleep on there.."

"No, I can sleep on the couch. I mean...if it's like...not a problem then I really like the bed. I only have a twin that squeaks a lot. I just don't want it to be awkward when it doesn't have to be."

"It's not Em. Trust me, when we travel I'll still share a bed with Emilio or Michael or someone else. I don't have many friends but we refrain from being awkward." He smiled at me. "So you'll stay here?"

I nodded. I couldn't say no to him. Plus, this was such a nice place. Honestly, my life was pretty perfect, despite being single and totally falling for my boss. I retrieved what little stuff I had later on and put it all in its place. My lease was up in a few months anyway.

Mr. Jeff went to the gym at nine that night and I was left alone in our...home. I'd have to get used to that. I ended up calling my mom, to tell her I had moved so that way if she ever had one of her surprise visits she wouldn't go to my old apartment.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey Mom," I greeted.

"Oh hi honey," she replied. "Why're you calling at nine at night?"

"Uh, I just thought I'd let you know I moved."

"You moved? How come you didn't tell me you were moving? Do you need help packing?"

"No, no. I, uh, decided to move today and I did move today."

"What?"

"Well, Mr. Jeff offered to let me move in with him - into his house. Well, mansion." Shit. I almost forgot no one was suppose to know this place existed. I know he does have an actual house and everything, and I know his parents think he lives in a small flat somewhere else in the city. I really need to see his actual house if that's where I'm going to be saying I'm living.

"You moved in with your boss?" Mom asked, and I knew she was very unnerved by it by her tone of voice.

"Mom, he's more than just my boss." Oh god. Why did I say that?

"Excuse me? Honey, why didn't you tell me you were sleeping with your boss?"

I groaned, falling back against the bed. "Mom, I'm not sleeping with my boss. I meant he's just a friend and my boss at the same time."

"What? You don't sleep with him?"

"No, Mom, I don't sleep with him."

"Sleep with who?"

"Nobody!" I chirped as Mr. Jeff came in.

"Who's that? Your boyfriend?"

"Oh my god, Mom. He's not my boyfriend. He's not even gay!"

"Oh he's so gay."

"Mom, you thought I was dealing drugs before you thought I was gay."

"But-"

"But nothing Mom."

"Don't interrupt me."

"I'll interrupt you all I want."

"Emerson, quit being a bitch. It's not flattering."

"Oh my god Mom."

"Listen, tell Mr. Jeff he can come out."

"Mom, please. I just wanted to let you know so you don't go wandering to my old apartment when you decide to come up. Just call me and I'll let you see that...townhouse. It's really nice. Like...six rooms you know," I said. Mr. Jeff was taking off his shirt, getting ready to shower. He smirked over at me, listening to the conversation.

She sighed, and I knew she was rolling her eyes. "Whatever you say. But, since you're not apparently sleeping with your boss, how is your sex life? You left a bunch of lube here at the house. I can bring it to you dear."

"Mom! For one thing, that stuff is like three years old and it's going to be gross, but I'm not going to tell you about my sex life." Mr. Jeff was in the shower at this point. It dawned on me that only a few steps away he was completely naked and wet.

"Probably because you don't have a sex life."

My jaw dropped. What a savage... "Mom, that's something, like, a bully would say to me. You're such a bully! Put Dad on the phone. He's nice,"

"Your dad's asleep, and you know he's impossible to wake. Of course you know that. You got his sleeping habit," she said, clearly not liking said sleeping habit.

I sighed. "Mom, when you want to come and visit me, let me know before hand. I'm living with someone and so you have to let me know before. No surprise visits."

"Okay dear. Is that all?"

"Yes, Mommy dearest."

"Okay. Well, I'm going to visit real soon then."

"Alright, let me know what day."

"I will. And I'm gonna buy you some condoms, too."

I facepalmed. Unbelievable. "Love you Mom."

"Love you Em. Night."

"Night."

I hung up the phone, feeling exhausted just by talking to her.

"Your mom?" Mr. Jeff asked later once he came out of the shower.

I nodded.

"She thought we were sleeping together?"

"Yeah. She really wants to know every detail of my life." I sighed and stood up. I was only wearing a pair of my black shorts and my robe. "I told her that I moved into your house and that if she wants to visit then she'd have to tell me. So if she does visit then is it okay if we, like-"

"Go to my actual house? That's fine. My family lives there, sometimes. So if she ever visits then I'll make them leave, probably by sending them to a cabin for the weekend or something."

"Can we go to your house?"

"Yeah. Do you want to meet my family or would you rather have me send them away? My dad is having a get together tomorrow. I said I wasn't sure if I could go but I guess it'll be a good time to visit the house and introduce you to them."

"Sure," I said. "Fine with me."

Later on at night, we were sleeping spaciously apart in the large bed. Mr. Jeff was wearing the pajama pants I had worn before. He filled them out much better than me.

"Why

 don't you come out?" I asked him. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine," he said. "I just...I don't know. I guess I have it stuck in my mind that I shouldn't. Maybe all the words my family has said are holding me back. I'm simply not ready."

I nodded, totally understanding. "It's better to come out on your own than to be pushed out. I kind of had to come out, you know, so my parents wouldn't think I was an insane drug dealer. I was sort of ready to, but it's different because I already knew my parents wouldn't mind. You'd be such a great gay figure. Don't you have enough secrets?"

He smiled at me, starting to look tired. "I know. I will someday, just not today." He covered his mouth to yawn and lied back. "We should get a lot of sleep if you're gonna meet my family."

Oddly enough I couldn't fall asleep. After the funeral it was hard but as of recent I fell asleep within minutes. With Mr. Jeff next to me, I couldn't. It was clear our relationship was different. It wasn't sexual, and it wasn't really romantic, but lying next to him in the dark I knew it was deep and connected. I was drawn to him and apparently he was drawn to me. He wasn't going to ever date me, and that's fine, but it was nice knowing we were close. It was more than a friendship but nothing romantic. It couldn't be. In the middle of the night he reached over and grabbed my hand. I wasn't sure if he was asleep, but it didn't matter. I held his hand back.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 139K 80
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
3.2M 133K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.3M 79.9K 36
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
3M 176K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...