Jay Cee El

De HisPrincess6996

BOOK 1: After the help from her family, Liz decides to audition for The X Factor USA. Singing has been her pa... Mai multe

Jay Cee El
Two // Colorado Heat
Three // Carvel
Four // June 8th
Five // June 27th
Six // June 28th
Seven // Welcome To Boot Camp
Eight // First Impressions
Nine // A Drop In The Ocean
Ten // Perfect
Eleven // Put Through
Twelve // Paired To Perform
Thirteen // Mishaps and Confidence
Fourteen // Don't Cry, It's Only The Beginning
Fifteen // A Long Few Weeks
Sixteen // God Awful Group
Seventeen // Give 'em Hell
Eighteen // Scar
Nineteen // Goodbyes
Twenty // Maine
Twenty One // Something More
Twenty Two // Love
Twenty Three // I Hate You Two
Twenty Four // More Fighting
Twenty Five // I'm Sorry
Twenty Six // Meetings
Twenty Seven // Happy For You
Twenty Eight // The Beach
Twenty Nine // Embarrassment
Thirty // Labor Day Weekend
Thirty One // Rambles
Thirty Two // Welcome To France
Thirty Three // Mentor
Thirty Four // Just A Long Day
Thirty Five // Jay Cee El
Thirty Six // Tourists For The Day
Thirty Seven // Just The Way You Are
Thirty Eight // Nervousness
Thirty Nine // Home
Forty // Numb
Forty One // Arriving In L.A
Forty Two // Week One - Wings
Forty Three // Result Night
Forty Four // Out and About
Forty Five // Week Two - Don't You Forget About Me
Forty Six // The Twitcam
Forty Seven // Week Three - Titanium
Forty Eight // Together Again
Forty Nine // Week Four - When I Look At You
Fifty // Week Five - My Immortal
Fifty One // A Date
Fifty Two // Week Six - British Takeover
Fifty Three // First...
Fifty Four // Love Her
Fifty Five // Week Seven - Semi Final
Fifty Six // Result Show
Fifty Seven // First Impressions
Fifty Eight // Drooling
Fifty Nine // Oh, I Know
Sixty // Pizza And Cherry Lipstick
Sixty One // I'm Sorry
Sixty Two // Favorite Performance
Sixty Three // "Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for One Direction"
Sixty Four // After Parties
Sixty Five // Niall Or Evan
Sixty Six // All I Want For Christmas...
Sixty Seven // And The Winner Is... Oh My God
Sixty Eight // Club
Sixty Nine // Last Night In L.A.
Seventy // The Meeting
Seventy One // That's Not Even The Best Part
Seventy Two // Where Are You Moving To?
Seventy Three // Merry Christmas
Seventy Four // Split Soda and Nick Jonas
Seventy Five // Welcome To London
Seventy Six // Shopping Cart Adventures
Seventy Seven // Reunions
Seventy Eight // All Coming Together
Seventy Nine // Rehearsal
Eighty // Oops...
Eighty One // The Night Before And The Night After
Eighty Two // Last Night Before We Leave
Eighty Three // Radio Interview
Eighty Four // Madrid
Eighty Five // I Hate Goodbyes
Eighty Six // The Start Of The Video
Eighty Seven // Ellen
Eighty Eight // Months To Pass
Eighty Nine // Australian Joy
Ninety // Internet Friends Brought To Life
Ninety One // Amps and Ankles
Ninety Two // Street Meet
Ninety Three // Truth Or Truth
Ninety Four // Fight Song
Ninety Five // Plans And Second Dates
Ninety Six // The Last Chapter
Note

One // The Talent Show

2.2K 45 4
De HisPrincess6996

One // The Talent Show

[rewritten]

Here's the first rewritten chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><>

Liz's P.O.V

"Liz, listen to me. You have the best voice that I have ever heard, okay? This end of the year talent show has nothing on you. You're going to go out there and you are going to sing your heart out. Don't let Haley stand in your way, okay?"

Her hands were gripping my shoulders tightly, shaking my body as she spoke. Natalie was my best friend and I loved her so much, though she was persistent. And now as we stood behind my high school's crappy theater stage, she wasn't giving it a rest. The end of the year talent show was coming to a quick end and the girl I hated most had just finished getting the entire student population jumping on their feet. As much as I hated to admit, Haley was a great singer. Her bitchy attitude ruined it for her, although she doesn't let that side of her show in front of anyone but me and Natalie.

"Nat, please," I said, brushing her hands off my shoulders. "I won't ever let that buttwipe stand in my way, okay? This is my life we are talking about. I just need to take a deep breath." I had grown used to singing in front of my school. I've been doing talent shows for the past ten years of my life, meaning I started my singing career when I was just eight years old. Now at eighteen, I was ready to make something of myself. Of course being a senior in high school is making that difficult, but it's a work in progress.

"And Lizzie, I know you. If you lose this you are going to think you shouldn't audition for the X Factor this June, but you are wrong. I'm not giving up a weekend to drive down to Providence for nothing. Now go out there and kill it, I'll be waiting right here. Just picture everyone in their underwear." Natalie said as I heard the principle of my school call my name.

"That won't help very much Natalie, I've got to go. I'll be back in a few minutes." I said.

I took the microphone from one of the teachers that was helping out and made my way out onto the theater stage. Mrs. Greene, my principle, was just leaving the stage and I walked over to the microphone stand. The stage was dark aside from the white light that was lighting up a circle in the middle of the stage. I've performed on this stage so many times, whether it be in a play, the musical, or in a talent show. Either way, this was a second home to me.

Looking out into the seats that were directly in front of the stage, I saw the faces of many students that go to my school. A lot of them were people I considered myself friends with and talked to on a day to day basis. I was receiving a lot of smiles from my friends and I felt my confidence grow a tiny bit. My family was standing towards the side of the stage and I heard my eight year older sister yelling my name. I looked back at Natalie and watched as she did exactly what our plan was, to turn the music up as loud as it could go. As the first piano note sounded, I began to sing.

"My hearts a stereo, it beats for you so listen close. Hear my thoughts in every no-o-ote. Make me your radio, and turn me up when you feel low. This melody was meant for you, so sing along to my stereo." I sang. The music picked up as I began to sing further into the song.

Many of the students in my school knew that I could rap, I've even beat out many boys in my school. Although this song isn't the fastest type of rap out there, it could still be difficult to sing along to. I pulled the microphone from the stand and started to walk around on the stage, my boots hitting the floor with a soft thud at each step.

As I progressed further into the song, I could see how much the students were getting into it. The group of girls that I associated with at school had risen to their feet, causing a lot more people to stand as well. Back stage with the other contestants, Haley was glaring at me. I could feel the glare burning into the back of my head, though I was too happy to pay any attention to it.

"If I was an old-school fifty pound boom box, remember them? Would you hold me on your shoulder wherever you walk. Would you turn my volume up in front of the cops, and crank it higher every time they told you to stop. And all I ask is that you don't get mad at me, when you have to purchase mad D batteries. Appreciate every mix tape your friends make. You never know we come and go like on the interstate.

"I think I finally found a note to make you understand, if you can hit it, sing along and take me by the hand. Just keep me stuck inside your hear, like your favorite tune. You know my heart's a stereo that only plays for you." I sang.

"I only pray you'll never leave me behind, because good music can be so hard to find. I take your head and hold it closer to mine, thought love was dead, but now you're changing my mind." I sang, holding on the long note for 'mind'. The entire student body erupted in applause.

I finished the song with a smile on my face and took a bow as the clapping died down, just as every other contestant did. Then I made my way off the stage and straight into Natalie's arms. She was laughing as she hugged me, though pulled away after a few short seconds. "You were great. That was amazing. I wish I could sing like you." She said.

"Thanks Nat, that means so much." I smiled, hugging her tightly again.

"Uh oh," Natalie said, "Here we go." She whispered as she pulled away from the hug. She nodded her head forward and I turned around to look behind me. Haley was walking towards us, her nose stuck up like always. I sighed and stepped back to stand next to Natalie.

Once Haley stood in front of us, she slowly looked me up and down before making a face of disgust. I held Natalie back as she took a step forward, telling her that it wasn't worth it. Haley just smirked and shook her head. "Having Natalie fight your battles, Elizabeth?" She sneered. She refused to call me by Liz, like most people do. Ever since she discovered that I hate my full name she's called me that. You'd think it was a cheap shot but it was infuriating.

"What do you want Haley?" I asked.

"I just wanted to tell you that I find it very endearing that you went up there looking like that. Especially since well, skinny jeans really aren't meant for people of your size." She said. My eyes narrowed at her and I self consciously set my hands on my hips. I was never one to be insecure over my weight, at least when I was in junior high. I considered myself that perfect in between state. A flat stomach with thighs that touched. With the thigh gap that Haley sported it was easy to see why she would make fun of people who didn't have one.

"Back off Haley, can't you just lose gracefully." Natalie said, protective as ever.

"We'll just see who wins when Mrs. Greene announces it." Haley said. I faked a smile and nodded my head in a way that told Haley that I hated her. She just rolled her eyes and walked away, back to where her 'friends' were waiting for her. I sighed loudly but tried to shake her negativity away from me.

As we waited for the judges - the school's chorus teacher, band teacher, and the assistant principle - to discuss to the winner of the talent show, Natalie and I spent the time talking. Our conversation mostly concerned the boy band that had taken over social media, including all my Tumblr blogs. Though it was a plus for us, being that we were both big fans of the band. Eventually we heard Mrs. Greene announcing the three finalists. My name was called and I let out a girly squeal while Natalie gave me a pointed look. I laughed as she shoved me, telling me to go up on stage.

Haley was up there, as well as a freshman who was having her luck in a senior dominated talent show. We waited in a straight line as Mrs. Greene talked about how all three of us tried our best on stage tonight. I was growing nervous, knowing that Haley was stiff competition. Mrs. Greene announced that the freshman, Sophie, had come in third place. I felt so bad for her, but there really was nothing that I could do about it.

"Alright, now... the winner of this years' end of year talent show is.... Liz Johnston." Mrs. Greene said. I froze in surprise, before Haley's huff brought me back into reality. A huge smile filled my face as I walked towards the principle and collected the green ribbon that was the first place price. It was just a flimsy thing, and I didn't care for it. I just liked the fact that people liked my voice.

Haley was off the stage before I knew it and a part of me felt bad. I felt as if I should go and apologize for everything. We were graduating in just a week and we should patch it up. I doubt she'll want to though. I didn't have much time to think of it though, because the theater started to fill with noise and chatter as people started to leave the room. I thanked Mrs. Greene before meeting Natalie back stage, where she was happily waiting for me. After receiving a congratulatory hug, we said goodbye for the night. We'll probably be texting half the night away though.

After grabbing my bag from the table in the back I left the stage and went to find my family. It was easy to find them, being that my dad towered over most of surrounding people and so did my brother. As soon as my dad laid eyes on me he smiled and wrapped me up in a big hug. "Congrats ladybug, I knew you'd win. That Haley girl has nothing on you." He said.

"Thanks dad," I laughed, pulling away from the hug.

"Are you going to be famous someday?" My sister, Kacey, asked me. She was a tiny little thing for an eight year old and she had to look up at me in order to meet my eyes. "If you do can you buy me an iPad?"

"We'll see. Though when I was eight I was playing Barbie's and making Toby play wedding with me." I said, looking at my older brother.

"Shut up, don't talk about that. Oh and Kim says congratulations by the way." Toby said. I nodded, smiling at the thought of his girlfriend Kim.

"Well we should get going, I'm starving and I need to get some dinner." Mom said.

I laughed, "And I second that."

<><>

I laid across the bed, my hair fanning out as I did so. The hot Maine air was seeping into my room and with my fan being busted, it wasn't working out so well. My shorts and tank top weren't enough to keep me cool and as much as I wanted to go swimming, the weather wasn't allowing me to do so. Humid thunderstorms can be some of the worst things in the entire world. It is so hot and all you want to do is swim but no, it's raining and there's lightning.

"Look on the bright side," Natalie spoke up from my desk. "At least we are finally done with school. We took our very last exam this morning and then graduation is on Saturday, then that's it. I still can't believe I'm going to college this fall. You're lucky that you're taking a year off."

"I'm not lucky per say. I'm only taking a year off because of the X Factor and that's only if I get passed the auditions. You already know my plan of working with Toby at the shop in case I do end up taking a year off. Besides, you'll be in the glamorous world of college. You're lucky if you ask me, I wanted to get my business degree." I said.

"But you'll be a famous singer. Anyway, we'll be leaving each other. Just promise if you get all famous you won't forget about me?" Nat said, holding out her pinkie finger to me. I giggled a girly giggle and locked my pinkie finger with hers.

"I promise, now, why don't we fangirl over the boys?" I asked. Natalie laughed loudly and jumped onto my bed, grabbing the laptop that sat by my pillows.

"I think that they are in California right now. I wish I could've gotten tickets to see them. The closest they were to us was in Connecticut and that is still a long, long way for us. Besides, it was sold out." Natalie said.

"Oh my God Nat, I'm pretty sure that they don't lie when a concert is sold out." I laughed.

"Hey! You don't know that. They could be saving some for the real bread winners." She said.

"You are such a loser." I mumbled, putting my head down on my hands. Natalie laughed and started up Twitter on my laptop. I ran a fan account of Twitter and pretty much every other social media site there was- Tumblr, FaceBook, Wattpad, and IFunny. I was fairly popular with my accounts, my Twitter was the most popular. Once the page displayed across the screen, Natalie laughed and told me how popular I was. I silently nudged her side and she squirmed away. Natalie began to move down my Twitter and groaned when she came across a picture of Danielle and Liam.

"Hey, stop that. I ship it. I know you're a Liam girl but still, he's happy with her." I said, laughing as I did. Natalie was such a Liam girl, and she hated Danielle. It's not like she sent hate to Danielle, she'd never do that. She just doesn't like them because she's jealous.

"Me and him are the same fucking age, give or take a few months, we could be perfect for each other. I hate everything." Natalie said. I laughed and took the laptop away from her, opening up to my Tumblr blog. As soon as the page loaded a picture of Nannah popped up and this time it was my turn to groan loudly.

"Ha! See how you like that." Natalie said.

"This is completely different," I argued, "Hannah is such a little weasel. She never stands close to him, it looks like she's disgusted by him. I swear if I was the one dating Niall I would spend every second of the day with him. Not just because he's the cutest guy in the world, but because he is so funny and amazing." I said, beginning to ramble the way I always did.

"I swear you have the biggest crush on him, it's disgusting. Can you even have a crush on someone through the internet? Is that a disease? Because I think I have that. Let me look it up." Natalie said.

"No way, I'm looking at pictures of my future husband." I said.

"Yeah, right. Just give it, I want to look it up." Natalie said.

"No, get out of here."

"Don't be difficult."

"The only one being difficult is you. Don't touch my laptop." I said.

"Don't touch my laptop," She mimicked. "Just give it." She said. Natalie pushed my side until I fell off the side of the bed and landed with a thud on the carpeted floor. I groaned in pain as she laughed at me. After resting on the carpet for a few seconds, I slowly began to sit up. I mumbled some stuff about how rude Natalie was and she snorted, shaking her head at me.

"You can't expect me to be offended by you calling me a buttwipe. You call me that every day." She said. I rolled my eyes and lied down on my back, facing my ceiling.

Thoughts of my upcoming audition began to fill my head and I could feel the nerves filling my stomach. I was incredibly nervous for it. I had my audition song down, I've been practicing since I decided to audition in January. I even had my outfit picked out of the day I stood in front of Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato, Brittany Spears, and L.A. Reid. I wonder if they'll like my voice. I know it's nothing compared to people like Katy Perry, or Christina Aguilera, but it's something - at least I like to think it is. I let out a sigh and turned to face Natalie, who was smiling over a picture of Liam.

"Hey Nat, do you think... do you think that my audition will go good?" I asked. She looked over at me and smiled, nodding her head.

"Of course Lizzie, it's going to go perfect. I promise you. And hey, if you fuck it up then I'll buy you one of those supreme ice cream sundaes at the Sweet Spot down the road." Natalie said.

"Thanks, I needed that. If I do something eff it up, I want mint chocolate chip."

<><><><><><><><><>

Okay so there is the first chapter of the rewritten version of Jay Cee El. As you can tell, it's different than the first original chapter. The entire book is going to go differently. I hope you like Natalie btw, she's going to be in the book. And don't worry, she won't get in the way of the girls' friendship haha

Please VOTE and COMMENT my lil' Gummy Worms! Ilysm

~Amanda xx

-Picture on the side is what Liz looks like. She's played by Indiana Evans, though when she was a bit younger.

-In the external link (or the second pic idk it's confusing) is what Natalie looks like. She's played by Jasmine Thompson.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

450K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...
140K 1.7K 51
*Please note this book is very old and isn't as good as my new stuff.* Louise, Hope, Lucy, Nicole and Indi are just 5 normal girls... Well they were...
83K 1.6K 91
*BEING REWRITTEN- DO NOT READ IT WON'T MAKE ANY SENSE* The girls are going on the first tour, and are super excited. Who knows what this tour will ho...
45K 796 18
{Book 1} Louis Tomlinson had gotten custody of his 2 sisters, Lottie and Fizzy. He assumed it'd be an easy job. He had also assumed it'd be even easi...