The Rebel.

By WingsofAnAngelx

Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure gi... More

Introduction...x
1 - Once Upon a Time...
2- Damned Brick Walls...
3- One friend. Just One.
4- Hanna.
5- Hooray For Weekends!
6- P.A.R.T.Y.
7- Oh, Brother.
8- Rebel.
9- A Day with Derek. Part 1
10- A Day with Derek, Part 2
12- Alpha.
13- The woods isn't a place for a rebel.
14- Keeping Quiet.
15- Is This a Date?
16- Chaos.
17- Where the hell is Nova?
18- Daddy.
19- The Truth Won't Set Me Free.
20- Home Sweet Home.
21- Back to Reality.
22- I Can Kiss Normal Goodbye.
23- Another West in the Woods...
24- Noah.
25- Vengance.
26- Goodbye.
27- The Calm Before the Storm.
28- First Hunt.
29- I can't stay mad at you forever.
30- Stay Alive.
31- Blackness.
32- Somebody Resue Me.
33- Nothing to Lose.
Happy Ever After?

11- Yep, Going to Get My Eyes Scratched Out.

5.1K 133 17
By WingsofAnAngelx

A/N I couldn't wait any longer, so I decided to update again today! I won't be home tomorrow, so I probably won't update then anyway.

So enjoy this!

xx

Chapter 11

            As I walked into my house, I saw Noah sitting on the coach, mindlessly playing with his phone. I cleared my throat, making myself known.

            “Oh Nova! Hey! Thank God you’re home!” He stood up, coming towards me, “Listen, I’m sorry about what I did earlier today, it was uncalled for, and you have every right to call me a douche-”

            I put my hands up, not letting him finish, “Already forgotten about, look, don’t worry, I’m not going to kill you in your sleep.” With that Noah smiled in relief.

            “Well, since you decided to be a rebel and skip school today, why don’t you tell me where you went today.” He said as he ushered me to sit on the couch.

            I laughed; glad to not be mad at my brother anymore. The TV played the news in the background as I told Noah that I went for a hike with Derek in the woods.

            “Wait, you went in the woods, alone. With Derek?” He said, looking dumbfounded.

            “Yeah, why what’s wrong with him?” I said, confused. What did everyone have against Derek? If you look beyond his bad boy exterior he’s actually pretty chill.

            “He’s bad news, Nova. And If he hurts you I swear I’ll-”
 but Noah couldn’t finish his sentence, because the TV randomly got really loud with

            “Breaking News! A Body of a young teen was found today in the Ravenwood Reserve. The cause of death was ruled as an animal attack, the teen was identified as Dakota Smith.”

            Noah looked at the TV, and then back to me. He glared, “Nova, you were in the woods today. You could’ve been that kid! I swear, if that was you I don’t know what I’d do. Think of mom! How do you think she would handle that?”

            Noah dragged on and on about how I shouldn’t have skipped school with Derek, and that if I ever went with Derek again Noah was going to beat the daylights out of him. I couldn’t pay attention, because my mind was filled with thought of Derek, the way he smiled, laughed, and smelled. Yes I said smell.

            When you’re so close to him you can’t help but smell the fact that he smelled all manly and gorgeous and-

            “Nova... Are you even listening to me?” Noah yelled.

            “Okay Noah if it makes you happy I’ll do it.” I said, hoping that would make sense for whatever he was talking about.

“Huh…I thought it would be harder to convince you than that...” Noah trailed off as I wasn’t even paying attention, I walked up and went to my room, “Well goodnight to you too!”

I wonder what I even agreed to. Whatever, I’m sure Noah would yell at me about it later.

I rolled my eyes as I face planted my bed. It was just so sweet and comfy, “Oh how I’ve missed you!” I enthused.

I thought of Derek, again. Man, I was getting obsessed with him! We only hung out for one day and he can’t get out of my head! I can’t help but wonder what would happen if we actually kissed. I smiled as I thought of his lips on mine, how good it felt, no matter how drunk I was when I kissed him. The feeling was the same. My body heated up as my thoughts of him got dirtier, and then when I was getting a little rated R with my thoughts, the bone chilling sound of a howl sounded in the distance.

I lifted my head as I looked out my window, I didn’t know Ravenwood had wolves! My favorite animal in the world, and I didn’t even know that they lived here.

I was now a woman with a purpose. I lifted my head off my bed, and shuffled over to wear my computer lay. Picking it up and quickly searching “Ravenwood Wolves.” I came up to no results. Huh, that’s weird. Maybe I just needed to broaden my search. I backed up and tried “California Wolves.”

5 Results.

Yes! I clicked on the top link and read the article.

California is known for many things, fame, fortune, and heartbreak; one thing it isn’t particularly known for is its wildlife. California is home to many animals. But wolves are not one of them, California hasn’t held home to wolf in over 75 years.

I didn’t bother reading any farther. If California had no wolves, then why did I hear a howl? Did a wolf kill Dakota?

Speaking of Dakota, I shivered as images of him haunted my mind. It did look like some animal killed him, but it could’ve been a bear.

Bears don’t howl, dumbass! My inner voice screamed.

Well look who decided to show up for my headache party! ‘No one asked for your opinion!’ I thought back. Shutting my laptop, and rubbing my temples my mind raced.

For some reason I couldn’t help but connect Dakota’s murder, Derek’s weird actions, and the wolf together. It was all connected, it had to be. I just couldn’t figure out what.

Whatever it was, I wasn’t going to Nancy Drew my way through it tonight, I jumped back on my bed and drifted into sleeping, dreaming of Derek.

---

School was canceled today due to the fact a body was found in the woods yesterday, so I sat at home, eating cereal while Noah went out with his friends. I know I should at least get to know my brother’s friend’s names, but I just couldn’t be bothered. Oh the benefits of being utterly and completely lazy.

As appealing as solitude sounded, I didn’t want to sit at home all day, especially with crazy animal killing things on the loose. So I did what any girl would do, I called Hanna.

Ring. Ring. Ring. I then heard the sound of shuffling, followed by a stifled, “Put your money where your mouth is mother!”

I laughed, Hanna was a trip.

“Sorry about that, Nova, what’s up?” she asked, sounding completely fine. I would have thought that with her friend being murdered she would be a bit more upset. I mean, what if I died? I pushed the thought away.

“I was wondering if you wanted to come over, and have a lazy day. I mean with me ski- I mean, staying home yesterday, and not seeing you since Saturday; I actually kind of miss you!” Who knew the friend I was forced to have by my psycho brother I would actually miss?

“We need to talk anyway, I’ll be over in a few.” She said, sounding pissed.

“Okay, bye.”

“Yeah bye.” Click.

Oh god, she knew. And she was going to scratch my eyeballs out.

Derek’s P.O.V.

I lay in my bed for what felt like hours, years even. My head was filled with so many thoughts that I could hardly concentrate on one thing. Half of my mind consumed with the body in the woods, and the other half filled with Nova.

Hmmm… Nova. She smelled like apple-butter and honeycombs. Her blonde hair that fell just below her shoulders was waved to perfection. He body was perfect, she had curves in all the right places, and she was so short. I could probably swallow her in my arms, and I loved the thought of it. Not to mention her eyes, they shined blue like the sky, pulling me in and making it hard for me to concentrate on anything other than her. And then there was her smile, I’ve only seen it a few times, but her smile made me want to kiss her, and have her lips on mine once again.

Dude, you sound like a little girl.

I groaned, “Shut up.” Even though my inner voice was right, I sounded like a girl. If Nick or anyone heard me talk about Nova the way that I thought about her I would lose the ability to call myself a man. But it was hard, she was so damn sexy! Part of me wanted to spend today with her too, seeing as how school was out, but I knew that would be too much. I would be giving off signals, signals I didn’t want her to know about yet. She couldn’t know how much I wanted her, how much my body craved her. Besides, she would just ask questions that I couldn’t answer.

This brought up questions of my own.

Who the hell killed Dakota? I knew it was my kind, but Nick and I were the only wolves in Ravenwood, and we didn’t kill.

Why Dakota? Was he just in the way? Was he just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Why was he made a victim?

All these questions swirled around in my mind as my phone rang, I growled, picking it up.

“What.”

“Oh come on Derek sweety, that’s no way to talk to me.” Said the she-devil Amber herself.

“What do you want?” I asked, I don’t know why she couldn’t just leave me alone.

She’s a no-good dirty parent-stealing hunter, that’s why.

Well, I wasn’t going to disagree with him on that one.

“Okay, straight to the point then. Who killed Dakota Smith?” I opened my mouth to answer, but she continued talking before I even got the chance. “And don’t tell me ‘I don’t know’ I know your kind moves in packs. You would have noticed if a new pack was in town. So who is it?”

“Are you doing this because you honestly can’t figure it out on your own? That’s sad Amber. You hunt werewolves, and you have to have help, from a werewolf to do so. What would daddy say about that?” I taunted her; it was nice to be on the other side of the taunter-tauntee situation.

“Shut up, and tell me who the hell killed Dakota Smith!” She screamed.

I moved my ear away from the phone and laughed, “I don’t know, Amber. I honestly don’t care; a careless werewolf is the least of my worries.”

Click. I hung up on her, not having time for her crap.

Of course the wolf worried me, but Amber didn’t need to know that.

Now, where was I, before the wicked-bitch of the west interrupted me? Oh yeah, my swirling and insane thoughts. I knew only one way to work out the whole new werewolf deal, and that was to go out and find him. I knew I couldn’t smell him out, not from what I picked up in the woods, so I would have to wait until he strikes again. I honestly don’t know if it will be next full moon or next week. But I would find him, before the hunters did.

Now that I had all of that cleared up, I could return to happy thoughts of Nova. I knew with all these feelings that I had of her, I would have to tell her my secret. I had no idea how to tell her, I mean, I figured I could trust her. She was a good, trustworthy girl. But, trust wasn’t the problem. I would probably scare the living-daylights out of her. She would probably never want to see me again! And then there’s Hanna, who would probably maul me for getting involved with her only friend. And I, Derek Spears, did not want to be mauled.

I know that no good relationship starts based on lies, but this one had to be an exception. I mean, how do I openly go about saying, “Hey Nova, you’re super sexy and I think about you all the time, I would really like taking you out on a date. But not on the full moon, it’s hard to control my urges around you then. Why, you ask? Oh, because I’m a damned ass werewolf.”

Yeah, that wouldn’t blow over too well with her.

Since sitting in bed was boring, and I couldn’t see Nova until at least tomorrow, I decided to go out, shift, and share some kids. Nothing was better than the looks on their faces as they screamed, “Mommy! Mommy! It’s a monster!”

I snorted as I put on a shirt, and headed out the door. Stupid kids…

---

Kind of a filler chapter I guess...sorry.

what did you think?

Song: Black Sheep - Gin Wigmore

COMMENT
VOTE
FAN
ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.7K 29
Tyler has been kept in the dark. She knows virtually nothing about werewolves and she rarely ever gets to shift. Then, men break into her house, slau...
2.8K 336 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
967 120 52
Things have never seemed to go according to plan for Alyssa, and after walking into her father's murder scene, Aly promises herself never to build he...
3.2K 117 45
Aurora, a very innocent and stupid girl. Although she may act like a nerd, look like a nerd, think like a nerd, and other nerdy stuff nerds do... sh...