Lab Rats: Season 2

By MarvelWorksWonders

IT'S SEASON TWO OF LAB RATS!!!! The journey continues as Katie adventures with the Davenports all while balan... More

Introducing Chatie
Speed Trapped
Spy Fly
Missin' The Mission
Quarentined
Play With Fire
A Girl Worth It All
Robot Fight Club
Author's Note...New Character? (Readers Choice)
Author's Note #2
Bro Down
The Rats Strike Back
Read Me!
Chances and Railroad Spaces
Terrors Of The Heart
An Eye For An Eye
Chatie The Match Makers
The Seaford-Mission Creek Swap
Welcome To Mission Creek
Goofed Up (pt 1)
Goofed Up (pt 2)
Parallel Universe
Spike's Got Talent
Hole in One
Trucked Out
The Bionic 500
Bionic Showdown
Spirited Away
Memory Wipe
Avalanche!
The Flirtatious Mishap
Adam Up
I Dream A Nightmare
Llama Drama
The Haunting of Mission Creek High
I've Got the Eye of the Tiger
Perry 2.0
My Little Brother
Prank You Very Much
Twas the Mission Before Christmas
Trent Gets Schooled
Authors Note: Please Read!
Never Been This Lucky Before
Sorry! Another Author's Note!
No Going Back
Authors Note: Sequel is Up!

Leo vs. Evil

13.8K 161 45
By MarvelWorksWonders

AN: Yay! I updated! Enjoy!

Another day of pointless schoolwork had gone by and the bell rang. The Davenport’s and I walked down the stairs into the hallway when Chase challenged Adam in arm wrestling. Even I knew this was going to only end in disaster.

“Chase,” Leo said “There is no way you can beat Adam in arm wrestling. It’d be like a chicken wrestling an alligator. All we hear is a cock-a-doodle crunch.”

Adam and Bree started laughing “He’s right bro,” Adam said “Your spaghetti arms are no match for these meatballs.” He then began kissing his arms and a couple of students stopped what they were doing to watch.

“Hey, when you’re done kissing your girlfriends, let’s do this.” Chase told him.

Chase and Adam got in their stances and Bree backed us up a little from them “Better back up guys. You’re in the splatter zone.”

“Okay,” Leo started off “I wanna clean match. No whining, screaming, crying or tap outs,” he looked to Chase “I’m looking at you Chase.”

“Three, two, one! Go.”

Chase licked his hand and Adam went down grossed out by the action.

Adam reeled back “Ugh! Hey!” Adam complained “No fair! He licked his hand!” Adam then wiped Chase’s spit on Bree’s shirt.

Chase started laughing “Haha exactly! Clever beats strong any day!”

Leo held up Chase’s arm “Chase wins!” I was grossed out because that was the hand that he licked. I guess Leo remembered because “Wait which hand did you lick?” Chase pointed to the one he was holding and almost gagged.

“That one,” Chase said and Leo cringed and wiped his hand on Chase’s sleeve and went to the other side of him and held up his other arm “Chase wins!”

Marcus came down the stairs “Hey guys! How’s it going?”

I looked to Leo expecting a comeback and guess what? I was right!

“Ooh bundle up everyone. It just got partly creepy with a hundred percent chance of annoying.”

“Oh,” Adam asked “Am I gonna need my umbrella for that?”

“So you guys wanna hang out at my house after school? We just got a sick new flat screen.” Marcus asked. He looked to me and smiled “You can come to Katie!”

Marcus is such a sweetheart. I don’t know why Leo has this notion that Marcus is evil?

Everyone, including me, oohed at the idea of the flat screen but Leo had other ideas “Is it as sick as you make me because that’d be pretty sick.”

“We’d love to hang out today!” Chase said and I smiled.

“Chase is too polite to say it so I’ll say it for him; you’re a lunatic and we’re leaving.” Leo pushed us towards the door and we all complained.

Chase grabbed my hand as we walked down the school pathway. I quickly snatched it back and he complained. Adam and Bree saw this and started laughing.

“Look Chase, she finally saw some sense!” Adam joked and I smacked upside the head “Ow! What was that for?”

I ignored his complaint and saw some hurt on Chase’s face “Sorry,” I said “but until you wash your hands, I am not going to touch them.”

Chase scoffed “We kiss all the time. What’s so different?”

I couldn’t find a reasonable answer without sounding like a stupid person “Just wash your hands Chase.” I grumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So just so it’s all clear to the people who don’t know this but I practically live at the Davenport’s house now. And it’s not surprise that I know pretty much everything there is to know about Donald Davenport’s lab. So it was no surprise to me when I was dragged down there to see his latest invention.

“Behold the invention that will revolutionize travel!” Davenport said “the Davenport Industries teleporter!”

“Don’t you mean the teledavenporter?” Adam quipped.

We all gave him a look “Oh come on! I wanna be the clever one for once.”

“Yeah,” Bree scoffed “and I wanna convertible made out of diamonds but we all know that’s not gonna happen either.”

Davenport turned his head away and his voice squeaked “I can’t wait any longer. Please tell us more about your amazing invention.” His voice went back to normal “Don’t mind if I do. My teleporter can transport any object anywhere! It deconstructs it molecule by molecule here and then, via my network of GPS satellites, reconstructs it anywhere on the planet,” Davenport snapped his fingers “instantaneously!"

“So, wait, does this mean that we can go surfing in Hawaii after school and still be home in time for dinner?” Chase asked.

If that was the case then Chase would get extra boyfriend bonus points if he took us on a date there.

“Technically yes, uh, but I haven’t tested it yet on a human yet so there is a small chance that only your forehead and parts of your esophagus would make it back in time for dinner.”

“All I’m hearing is more meatloaf for daddy,” Adam said patting his stomach.

“That’s why I want to test it on an inanimate object first so I’ll be right back,” Davenport said before leaving the lab.

“That’s really cool though,” I said to Bree “If it did work, I’d want to go to Paris.” I sighed before looking to Chase “but I’m stuck to rot here until I graduate.”

Bree chuckled and Chase got down from the counter to inspect the teleporter “Whoa! This thing could put me anywhere on the earth in a nanosecond. Faster than you Bree! Ha!”

“Whatever,” she replied “You’ll still be ugly when you get there.”

“Uh, super speed party of one, your table is dumb!” Adam said and I just shook my head in reply to the lame joke.

“Oh come on! That was clever!” Adam leaned against the counter and all three of us heard a beep. That sounds bad to me.

The teleporter lit up “Hey meatballs, you just turned it on.” Bree said moving Adam away from the controls “back off so I can shut it down.”

Chase pushed Bree to the side “Step aside. I got this.”

I stood as far away from them as possible. I didn’t know what this thing could do so I just watched from the sidelines. It seems I’m always a good cheerleader for team Davenport.

“Uh, you got nothing. Move over.”

“I think you have to spin this thing.” Adam said spinning a small little globe that lit up when you spun it.

“Maybe you guys shouldn’t touch anything,” I said but they were all too busy trying to turn it off.

My eyes went wide when I noticed Tasha stopping right underneath the teleporter “Hey guys, I’m going to the market. Anybody need anything?” Before she could finish her sentence she was gone as a stream of blue light surrounded her. I squeaked in panic before the others realized what had happened.

“Ooh cereal!” Adam yelled before realizing what had happened “Well that was rude.”

“Guys,” I asked slowly “What happened to Tasha?”

Chase started stuttering about how Adam spun the globe thingy “You spun that thing so fast Adam that we’ve got no clue where Tasha got teleported to!” I think I’m gonna have a headache. Aspirin please!

“She has to be in there somewhere! She couldn’t have gotten far,” Bree said.

“Guys just calm down! There is a simple solution to this!” Adam said and we all looked to him expecting an answer “Does anyone know what it is?”

“If what I think just happened,” Bree panicked “we are gonna be in so much trouble.”

“Guys, I think we just vaporized Tasha.” Chase said and I wanted to cry.

Eddie popped up on the lab screen “But I didn’t get to say goodbye! Oh well! Woohoo!” Eddie shot out red, white and blue confetti strips from the ceiling as he continued to celebrate “Shake your booty!”

Chase looked to me and smiled sadly “Katie,”

“Yeah?” I replied.

“You alright?”

I sighed “Just a little shaken up but I’m okay.”

Chase wrapped me in a comforting hug “Adam, Bree and I would totally understand if you left right now. This is our problem not yours. We’ll handle the consequences.”

I looked at my other two best friends who were both nodding their heads in agreement.

“No,” I said “I’ll stay.”

“You sure,” Bree asked.

I nodded “I’m not going to abandon you guys. I’ll help get Tasha back.”

Adam wiped away some fake tears “Group hug!”

And now I’m a Katie sandwich.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 A few minutes later Adam, Bree and Chase were arguing over whose fault it was. Currently it was Bree’s turn.

“How could you two drool buckets have lost Tasha in the teleporter?”

“Us?” Chase shot back “You were the one who went grabby with the controls.”

“And Adam was the one who spun the globe. We have no idea where Tasha is.”

“Me?” Adam exclaimed “Oh, wait, yup that was me.”

“We need to tell Davenport.” Bree said and I nodded my head.

Chase began to scoff again “Oh, oh and tell him what? Sorry we messed with your machine and lost your wife?”

“No,” Now is not the time Eddie! “Let me tell him the good news!”

“Leo is going to freak,” Bree said.

“Not if he doesn’t know that Tasha’s gone,” Adam said sliding off the counter “We’ll get Chase a wig and a skirt. This could work people.”

Davenport came sliding in with a desk chair “Hey guys!”

All four of us jumped at the sound of his voice and I slid behind Chase as a shield incase Davenport went crazy on us if he found out.

“Uh, hey, Mr. Davenport quick question: Um, you’ve tested the teleporter’s ability to return something, right?”

Davenport laughed “Not yet,” he said “but we’re about to!” He began pressing a few numbers “Okay I’m gonna set the teleporter for ten feet away. Okay get ready because this is gonna be teleporific!”

We all just gave him nervous looks “What? They can’t all be winners.”

“Have you ever had a winner?” Bree asked.

Davenport pressed a button and the chair disappeared by the blue light. I started to pray silently.

Oh how I hope this works. Please let it work! Please!

The chair reappeared behind us and Davenport started giggling “Wow! A scientific breakthrough! Have you ever seen anything this amazing in all your life?!”

“Neat.” Adam.

“Yup.” Bree.

“Hooray. Now get on with it.” Chase.

I didn’t say anything because I was freaking out. What if this didn’t work and we never find a way to get Tasha back? What if she comes back all mangled? I cringed at the thought.

“Now we bring it back.”

The chair disappeared and the reappeared in the teleporter all mangled. At that moment I gripped Chase’s arm to the point where my nails were digging into his skin. He jumped and I released his arm.

“Sorry,” I muttered still looking at the messed up chair.

“Whoopsie. I guess I have a few bugs to work out on the return function. But, ya know, at least I didn’t throw a human in there. That would have been stupid!”

I squeaked in fear and Davenport looked to me “What’s wrong with her?”

“Katie? Oh she is just so excited to see this thing work,” Bree covered for me.

“Yeah she’s thrilled that she can’t speak.” Chase cut in.

Davenport beamed at me before he left and Chase inched his way forward to the dissembled chair “This is awful.”

“I know,” Adam said “I loved that chair. I did some of my best sitting in it.”

“How are we gonna bring back Tasha safely?!” Chase panicked and I tugged on his hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Ooh I have an idea!”

Chase sighed heavily “Adam this is a complex situation. We’ll call you when we need you to lift anything heavy.”

Chase put an arm around me “Even if we locate Tasha, we still need to bring her back here safely without turning her into…” we looked over to the broken chair “that.”

Eddie popped back up “I see no down side.”

“We’re dead.” I muttered.

I think I’m gonna pass out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Davenport was still gone as we tried to figure out how to bring Tasha back. I was starting to pace while Chase was pressing buttons.

“This is useless,” Bree said “We need to tell Mr. Davenport that Tasha is gone.”

“I agree with Bree,” I told him.

“No I can fix this. I just uploaded a software update,” Chase said while rolling a watermelon to the transporter.

Adam walked into the lab and saw this “Hey. Nobody told me we were racing fruit. I’m getting my kiwis. Get ready boys! It’s show time!”

“Stop, we’re not racing fruit! No one races fruit! We’re testing my teleporter fix, which is now good to go.”

“Well if it’s good to go why not test it on Tasha?” Adam asked like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Because in the highly unlikely event that it doesn’t work, I don’t want Tasha coming back here with her head on her hip and her leg in her mouth.” Chase continued to type away on Davenport’s keyboard.

“Really?” Adam asked “Not even just to see it?”

Chase pressed the transport button and the watermelon was gone “And now I’ll hit ‘return to origin’.” He pressed the button and watermelon came back the same way. I smiled and mentally was having a parade in my head.

“Voilà,’

Suddenly the insides of the watermelon poured down from the blue light and Chase and I yelped. My parade is now a funeral.

“Is voila French for fail or am I not understanding this complex situation?” Adam mocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of tries later sending different things through the teleporter was when Chase was having a mental breakdown “I can’t believe this! I thought for sure my software update would work!”

“Does that look like it works?” Bree asked pointing to a destroyed machine by the door.

Mr. Davenport came through and stopped in surprise and shock at what we had done. All four of us stood frozen in our spot in fear of what would happen. Davenport picked up the handle to the broken wreckage “I know these handle bars,” he said “Did you just try to teleport my one of a kind prototype hybrid ATV?”

“No,” Chase lied and Mr. Davenport clenched his jaw in anger.

Was that a vein popping out of both his forehead and neck?

“Maybe,” Chase tried again and Mr. Davenport grunted.

“I’m just gonna go back to no,” Chase tried again.

Adam chuckled “Wow, if he’s this mad about his ATV wait till he finds out that we put Tasha through there.”

I slapped Adam across the arm while Mr. Davenport shouted. Could this day get any worse? I don’t think it can.

“You put my wife through the teleporter?!” he yelled.

“Enjoy it dude,” Adam said “take a day off.”

Mr. Davenport shrieked.

“I’m sure she’s fine,” Bree tried to console “wherever or whatever she it.”

“Yeah, we just have to figure out a way to get her back here without turning her into…Tasha tar-tar.”

Mr. Davenport started to hyperventilate “Okay, okay, let’s not panic. I’m sure one of my software patches can fix this.”

“I’ve already tried them all. None of them worked,” Chase ended up pointing to all the stuff that we destroyed trying to make it work.

Again Davenport shrieked like a little girl.

“You know I had a simple solution,” Adam said and Mr. Davenport put a hand on his shoulder.

“Simple solution; um, Adam, you remember the time when we locked the keys in the car and it took us three hours to get them out?” Three hours? What is he talking about?

“Yeah,”

“You’re inside the car!” he yelled and I flinched slightly. This would have been funny if someone’s life wasn’t at stake. Mr. Davenport continued to panic as he left the room. When he stopped by his destroyed ATV, he yelled and walked out.

“Well that went well,”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So for about an hour we all, well not all of us…mainly Mr. Davenport and Chase, worked on formulas and calculations for the teleporter. Bree, Adam and I waited on them, standing close by in case they needed for us to do something.

“Okay, this is our last possible fix.” Chase told us.

“If this doesn’t work,” Mr. Davenport shook his head and sighed “I don’t even want to say it.”

“Say it! Say it!” Eddie popped up and we all rolled our eyes.

“Okay,” Davenport said tapping away on the controls “fingers crossed this brings Tasha back in three, two, one…” The transporter lit up but nothing happened “Why isn’t it working?”

“Because I’m right here,” Tasha exclaimed as she walked through the lab doors. I sighed in relief to see her back.

“Eww, she’s hideously deformed!” Eddie complained “Look away! Look away!”

Tasha turned Eddie off and we all rushed over to see her. Mr. Davenport was the first to hug her “Whoa don’t hug her too hard. Her guts might come squishing out.” Bree said.

“What happened? Where were you?”

“Two hundred miles away in Fresno,” she explained “thankfully Adam was smart enough to call my cell phone and tell me you guys accidentally teleplanted me.”

“Well, technically it’s teleported…”

“Tell it to someone who cares.” Tasha snapped back “I’m just glad he called me before my cell phone died since no one else thought of that?”

All of us slowly turned our heads to Adam. I, personally, felt like a huge idiot for not thinking of that.

 One mental slap for Katie Davis coming right up.

“I figured if Tasha didn’t return through the teleporter, she couldn’t have ended up back here in big steaming pile of mom. So I called, told her to take the bus home,” Adam explained to us.

“Which I did and it was weird. The guy sitting next to me was wearing a tank top.”

“Why was that weird?” Davenport asked.

“Just a tank top.”

I shuddered in thought and made a mental note not to end up on a bus to or from Fresno.

“Told you I had a simple solution,” Adam bragged.

Davenport and Chase apologized for what they had said to him earlier and I smiled at the gesture. I didn’t listen to the rest of the conversation because I was too busy hugging Tasha. She has become my second mother.

“I’m really glad you’re okay,” I said as she hugged me back “I think it is safe enough to say for both Bree and I that it wouldn’t be the same without you.” Tasha gushed and hugged me tighter.

All of a sudden Leo came running in the room panting “I am back!”

“Right here on my phone I have undeniable proof that Marcus is evil…” Leo was cut off when the teleporter came back on and teleporter his phone “Where’d my phone just go?”

Davenport pressed a few buttons “Honolulu but we can bring it back right here.”

Leo’s phone appeared but came back smashed to pieces and Leo started crying.

“Yeah, bus was a good call.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leo insisted on dragging us all back to Marcus’ house to prove his point. When we got there he immediately went for the grill and began opening and closing it “You guys don’t understand! This barbeque had a touch pad in it!”

Mr. Davenport put a hand on his shoulder “Leo are you sure you weren’t at the ATM outside the chicken shack?”

Bree and I giggled and Leo said “Don’t you take that Leo’s got a wild imagination tone with me. The touch pad controlled that dissolving wall.”

“Oh, right, and then all the little elves came out and did a moon dance around the bonfire,” Chase mocked.

“I’m telling the truth!” Leo insisted.

I rolled my eyes. There was no way Marcus was a bionic like Adam, Bree and Chase. He would have left so many signs. I can already tell Leo plays too many video games.

“I believe you Leo,” Bree said “I also believe that, we, as a family, are going to get you the help you so desperately need.”

“You guys don’t understand! Marcus and his father have a secret lair!” Leo kept motioning towards the wall.

“Okay, guys, are we roasting weenies or not!” Adam complained.

Chase took my hand “Come on guys. Let’s go.”

Leo followed behind us “Don’t leave. I’m telling the truth!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night I stayed over for dinner because Tasha wouldn’t let me leave without food. Leo was still in his wallowing mood because no one would believe him about Marcus so we heard not a peep out of him. There was chatter over everything that had happened today and I just sat there quietly listening to everyone talk. I just wanted to put today behind me.

Chase grabbed my hand under the table “You’re awfully quiet. What’s wrong?”

I shook my head and gave him a weak smile “It’s nothing I can’t handle.”

Secretly I didn’t know if I could handle my situation or not…and I didn’t want to drag the Davenports in my self-pity and grief.

AN: Hello everyone! I am so sorry this has been posted so late. This was going to be up last night but my computer decided to do a seven hour update and shut down on me. I know there isn't a lot of fluffy Chatie moments in this one and there will probably be a couple in the next one. I still need to watch the next episode. Shamefully I haven't had time to see it.

Hope you all enjoyed this update and hope to see some comments and votes!

Oh also I decided to cancel doing an Adam love interest in this story so I'm sorry to the person who I said was a character but I lost all interest to write about her and no I will not pick another person to be her.  I realized I just wanted to focus on Chase and Katie's relationship in the episodes. I guess you can all yuse your imagination to figure out what happened to Adam's love interest. So sorry again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.9K 1.7K 25
When bree smashes her chip she finds out the truth about her past. Bree becomes weaker without her chip and finds out that's what was keeping her ali...
204K 3.7K 14
When Alex Martin meets the Davenport siblings, she doesn't think her life could get any crazier. What happens when she gets adopted into the family...
223K 5.4K 21
Mellie Hancock was just your average highschooler. Maybe a little more than average, thanks to her intelligence. What happens when her dad loses his...
309K 6.1K 34
Destiny Lilac has been through a lot of stuff but when her best friend, Leo Dooley, gets a step-dad, her life will be filled with adventure, crazines...